PDA

View Full Version : Is Derrick Rose one of the most unluckiest player ever?

keep-itreal
01-06-2015, 09:19 AM
After coming back from his acl injury, he blows out his other knee a couple weeks later. And now he's just a shell of his former self

That is just sad....He was the most exciting player in the nba before he went down.

Knicks101
01-06-2015, 09:22 AM
Yeah, 2013 was a crazy year.

allball
01-06-2015, 10:16 AM
not as sad as this post

imdaman99
01-06-2015, 11:19 AM
No because he is well compensated. No one that rich is the unluckiest unless he has tragedy happen in his personal life where money will not cure his happiness. Rose will be walking to his kids' graduations, who on here wouldn't trade their lives for his? $$$$$$$$$$$$$

nathanjizzle
01-06-2015, 11:24 AM
no hes quite lucky, after 2 knee surgeries he is still making mega loot and is still the best player in the game.

CHi1PriDe
01-06-2015, 11:51 AM
no hes quite lucky, after 2 knee surgeries he is still making mega loot and is still the best player in the game.

Not even best player on the Bulls right now, he just needs to be a Teague/Conley type player, play tough D and make plays. Doesn't seem like he can be a once dominant scorer like westbrook/lillard/curry anymore, maybe next year. Really helps that we have solid scorers now.

SCdac
01-06-2015, 11:56 AM
there's gotta be players with worse luck in the history of the game

http://d2x0ksaw3us1xg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/pennygrant.jpg

themurph
01-06-2015, 12:18 PM
After coming back from his acl injury, he blows out his other knee a couple weeks later. And now he's just a shell of his former self

That is just sad....He was the most exciting player in the nba before he went down.

I got friends that grew up in D. Rose's hood. And I can tell u that the kid is far from unlucky. He's lucky that he was able to escape one of the most violent neighborhoods in the United States. He's a millionaire....And he has come back to a situation where he no longer has to be the man every game....

Rose could care less about being "the man..." The kid just wants to win.....

kamil
01-06-2015, 12:23 PM
there's gotta be players with worse luck in the history of the game

http://d2x0ksaw3us1xg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/pennygrant.jpg

Those two guys we're already amazing... NBA history could have been very different had it not been for their injuries.

Beastmode88
01-06-2015, 12:24 PM

Rose isnt even in the mvp discussion. :roll: :roll:

Lebron23
01-06-2015, 12:26 PM
http://www.sikids.com/sites/default/files/multimedia/photo_gallery/0903/this.day.sports.history.march19/images/west-baylor.jpg

West - 1/9 in the NBA Finals
Baylor - 0/8 in the NBA Finals

http://redsarmy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2073654_crop_650x440.jpg

He could have been one of the greatest centers of all time.

nathanjizzle
01-06-2015, 12:32 PM
Rose isnt even in the mvp discussion. :roll: :roll:

mvp isnt the best player award remember.

nathanjizzle
01-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Not even best player on the Bulls right now, he just needs to be a Teague/Conley type player, play tough D and make plays. Doesn't seem like he can be a once dominant scorer like westbrook/lillard/curry anymore, maybe next year. Really helps that we have solid scorers now.

blocked.

Nuff Said
01-06-2015, 03:21 PM
I don't think he's that unlucky. His team is still a contender and he can just ease his way back on in without having to go full throttle. His situation seems rather lucky actually.

lilteapot
01-06-2015, 03:22 PM
I don't think he's that unlucky. His team is still a contender and he can just ease his way back on in without having to go full throttle. His situation seems rather lucky actually.
This lol.

Marchesk
01-06-2015, 03:24 PM
I think Oden has had it worse.

And then there's Bowie. Not only was his career shortened by injuries, he's the guy forever remembered as being picked ahead of MJ.

oarabbus
01-06-2015, 04:19 PM

One of the unluckiest :biggums:

Have you heard of Greg Oden, or Sam Bowie?

kurple
01-06-2015, 04:32 PM
Brandon Roy
Greg Oden

Budadiiii
01-06-2015, 04:45 PM
He's the stupidest athlete in sports and the biggest coward. Of course he's unlucky with brain genetics likd that. Plus he's injury prone and won't ever last a full season

nathanjizzle
01-06-2015, 04:56 PM
He's the stupidest athlete in sports and the biggest coward. Of course he's unlucky with brain genetics likd that. Plus he's injury prone and won't ever last a full season

you mad cuz curry stylin on your boy?

tontoz
01-06-2015, 06:03 PM
He is horribly unlucky to be on a team that had winning seasons the last 2 years without him.

:rolleyes:

dontgetchoked
01-06-2015, 06:20 PM
He is horribly unlucky to be on a team that had winning seasons the last 2 years without him.

yeah from 62-20 and 50-16 with rose to 45-37 and 48-34without. that impact. But i guess 45 to 48 wins is good for a team like the wizards who haven't won 48 games since 1978 :roll:

tontoz
01-06-2015, 06:22 PM
yeah from 62-20 and 50-16 with rose to 45-37 and 48-34without. that impact. But i guess 45 to 48 wins is good for a team like the wizards who haven't won 48 games since 1978 :roll:

Like i said, terrible luck for Rose to be stuck on the Bulls.

Not only did they lose Rose last year but they traded Deng for nothing and still won 48.

QuebecBaller
01-06-2015, 06:23 PM
http://www.hiphopsince1987.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/brandon-roy.jpg

nathanjizzle
01-06-2015, 06:28 PM

"winning" is relative. the 2 seasons without rose compared to with rose i wouldnt consider "winning". going from contenders to first round exits is "losing".

but perhaps for a guy like john wall who everyone doesnt expect much from, a 44 win team would be "winning" for him.

btw, your boy john wall is 2nd in the league in turnovers. And you had the audacity to criticize rose for turnovers in 1 game against the wizards.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-06-2015, 06:30 PM
Craig Ehlo a little. All he's really known for is the guy Jordan kept shooting game winners over.

Even when you look back at the first "The Shot". Ehlo was clutch as **** in that game. Injured and he scored like the final 10 points, or whatever, to give Cleveland the lead. Then Jordan hits his game winner and both careers are made in that one moment.

Or Eddie Jones.

oarabbus
01-06-2015, 06:30 PM
"winning" is relative. the 2 season without rose compared to with rose i wouldnt consider "winning"

but perhaps for a guy like john wall who everyone doesnt expect much from, a 44 win team would be "winning" for him.

It's a good thing Butler stepped up and the Bulls got Gasol, so Rose stans can credit all the wins those two earn to Rose.

tontoz
01-06-2015, 07:17 PM
"winning" is relative. the 2 seasons without rose compared to with rose i wouldnt consider "winning". going from contenders to first round exits is "losing".

btw, your boy john wall is 2nd in the league in turnovers. And you had the audacity to criticize rose for turnovers in 1 game against the wizards.

Since English obviously isn't your first language allow me to educate you. When a team wins more games than the lose then they have a winning record. Hope that helps.

And since your memory isn't too good the Bulls made the 2nd round two years ago even though Rose missed the whole season.

Walls assist/to ratio is 2.8 to 1. Rose's is.....LOL.

eeeeeebro
01-06-2015, 07:22 PM
We are not rose stans we are bulls fans and we love our rose hinrich (tyrus thomas) noah Deng DJ Augustine Nate the great robinson. We just talk about rose more than others cause he is the best to watch but believe this we back him no matter what.

nathanjizzle
01-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Since English obviously isn't your first language allow me to educate you. When a team wins more games than the lose then they have a winning record. Hope that helps.

And since your memory isn't too good the Bulls made the 2nd round two years ago even though Rose missed the whole season.

Walls assist/to ratio is 2.8 to 1. Rose's is.....LOL.

you should figure out what the word "relative" is and how it is used because you clearly only have an elementary level of education. so let me reiterate what my post meant in a way you would understand. You can say the bulls were "winning" just considering averages of record, that doesnt mean shit really, especially in the east. But compared to actually competing against elite teams and the bulls with rose, they wernt "winning". by record, the bulls against elite teams in the years without rose had a losing record.

and again, i know you have low standards for your guy john wall, hence your defense of his 2nd place in most turnovers by a player and claiming that having 1 game above .500 in the eastern conference is "winning" in the nba, but dont project that on rose and the bulls, i have high standards for them.

tontoz
01-06-2015, 08:09 PM
you should figure out what the word "relative" is and how it is used because you clearly only have an elementary level of education. so let me reiterate what my post meant in a way you would understand. You can say the bulls were "winning" just considering averages of record, that doesnt mean shit really, especially in the east. But compared to actually competing against elite teams and the bulls with rose, they wernt "winning". by record, the bulls against elite teams in the years without rose had a losing record.

and again, i know you have low standards for your guy john wall, hence your defense of his 2nd place in most turnovers by a player and claiming that having 1 game above .500 in the eastern conference is "winning" in the nba, but dont project that on rose and the bulls, i have high standards for them.

Like i said, English isn't your strong suit. If a team wins more games than it loses they are a winning team regardless of their record the previous season. It doesn't matter whether you "consider" it winning or not.

Last years record does not affect this years record. If they won 70 games or 30 games last year they would still be sitting at 25-10 right now. Only an idiotic stan could say a 48-34 record isn't winning.

They made the 2nd round two years ago while Rose was styling on the bench.

Here lately they are winning in spite of him, not because of him.

If he played in Minny or Charlotte then you could say he was unlucky to play for such a crap organization. But unlucky to play on a team that still wins without him?

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/dumb.jpg (http://s56.photobucket.com/user/tontoz/media/dumb.jpg.html)

meat
01-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Drazen Petrovic, Reggie Lewis and Hank Gathers? :confusedshrug:

JohnMax
01-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Lebron James - 2/5, weightloss ruins his game