PDA

View Full Version : You are the GM pick the Spurs next elite big

dunksby
01-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Duncan has notified you of his retirement at the end of the season and these players will be FAs by then:
D12
Marc Gasol
Cousins

You would have to consider Pop's opinion very seriously so I guess the best fit would be Gasol and Cousins would come a close second. Marc moves well for his size, has good footwork, elite defense and dependable offensive skill set. He also brings tranquility to the locker room that is very Duncan like and what sets him apart from Cousins. I'm not in Pop's head so Cousins could very well be his first choice if it ever came to it and I personally think Cousins > Gasol.

lilteapot
01-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Gasol because he's the best culture fit.

LoneyROY7
01-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Marc Gasol would fit the Spurs system perfectly.

Eric Cartman
01-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Marc Gasol and it ain't close.

GimmeThat
01-06-2015, 02:11 PM
D12 and that might get you 1-2 rings in the next eight years

T_L_P
01-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Of that list, Gasol. Dwight is a child and I still don't think Boogie is a high character guy.

But really I would want us to go for Draymond Green.

Mills-Green-Kawhi-Green-Tiago would still be a competitive team I feel (they'd still have guys like CoJo, Diaw, Parker etc too).

Green has been unbelievable.

And we'd have enough cap space to sign another player too.

KNOW1EDGE
01-06-2015, 02:14 PM
I don't think Cousins fits the culture in San Antonio, but he is the youngest and most talented of the bunch in my opinion. Personally, I'd take him over the other 2.

Marc Gasol seems like he would be an absolute PERFECT fit in SA. Too many reasons to list why

Dwight is a beta

SCdac
01-06-2015, 02:14 PM
please no Dwight Howard... I'd rather have a guy who can pass and shoot well ala Gasol... Al Horford I'd love to see in a Spurs jersey... Greg Monroe would be a good plan C option if can't land a better big.. Hell if we're talking about max-big men, Anthony Davis would be ideal (but he's not going anywhere).

T_L_P
01-06-2015, 02:16 PM
please no Dwight Howard... I'd rather have a guy who can pass and shoot well ala Gasol... Al Horford I'd love to see in a Spurs jersey... Greg Monroe would be a good plan C option if can't land a better big.. Hell if we're talking about max-big men, Anthony Davis would be ideal (but he's not going anywhere).

Milsap too. He fits the culture and is already playing in a similar offensive system.

StephHamann
01-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Give me LMA

dunksby
01-06-2015, 02:21 PM
I'd love it if Spurs kept the tradition and got another elite big to fill in for another one, like the Drob to Timmy D situation but this time it seems there will be no transition phase.

SCdac
01-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Give me LMA

Aldridge would be awesomeeee

hell, don't stop there, bring KD over a few seasons later and we'd get that longhorn connection (hook em!) :rockon:

http://balljunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/50293_NpAdvSinglePhoto.jpg

rmt
01-06-2015, 02:24 PM
An elite big is a pipe dream. SAS will be hard pressed to keep both Leonard and Green (at the way he's improving) much less an elite big. It's difficult enough to get free agents to come to SA. I'll just hope and pray for the Spurs to repeat so Duncan and Manu will come back to try for a 3-peat (dreaming, I know). Duncan does look like he could play effectively for another 2 years past this one.

T_L_P
01-06-2015, 02:27 PM
An elite big is a pipe dream. SAS will be hard pressed to keep both Leonard and Green (at the way he's improving) much less an elite big. It's difficult enough to get free agents to come to SA. I'll just hope and pray for the Spurs to repeat so Duncan and Manu will come back to try for a 3-peat (dreaming, I know). Duncan does look like he could play effectively for another 2 years past this one.

I think the only legit way we'd get an elite big is if Tim came back for pennies and tutored the guy (that could work for someone like Monroe).

Gasol and LMA seem to love where they play, and LMA's situation looks better than what it would be in SA post-Duncan.

Haymaker
01-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Anthony Davis.

ninephive
01-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Of that list, Gasol. Dwight is a child and I still don't think Boogie is a high character guy.

But really I would want us to go for Draymond Green.

Mills-Green-Kawhi-Green-Tiago would still be a competitive team I feel (they'd still have guys like CoJo, Diaw, Parker etc too).

Green has been unbelievable.

And we'd have enough cap space to sign another player too.
Bringing your only All-Star/All-NBA player/scoring & assist leader (RS & playoffs) off the bench...interesting strategy. Very glad you're not the actual coach.

inclinerator
01-06-2015, 03:51 PM
brendan haywood

QuebecBaller
01-06-2015, 06:25 PM
The Moose