PDA

View Full Version : Fanbase. How were the Hawks Fanbase in the 90's?

Imtheman
01-06-2015, 05:57 PM
You know, when they had spudd and Wilkins

hawksdogsbraves
01-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Pretty bad actually :rolleyes:

Hotlantadude81
01-06-2015, 07:22 PM
Pretty bad actually :rolleyes:

I don't think it was as bad as it is now.

PHILA
01-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Fort Worth Star-Telegram - February 21, 1993

Dominique Wilkins is taken for granted by the Hawks' fans. They have one of the true superstars of the game, yet The Omni still looks like a mall because the fans just go there to hang out.

Collie
01-06-2015, 07:26 PM
I was actually a semi-fan of their late 90's playoff teams. When they had guys like Steve Smith, Mookie, Dikembe, Augmon, and others. :lol

hawksdogsbraves
01-06-2015, 08:48 PM
I don't think it was as bad as it is now.

Attendance was worse but the city was smaller so idk

I guess percentage wise it was better, the Omni only held 16,000 fans.

Then again I got my numbers from here (http://www.apbr.org/attendance.html) and I don't know how reliable it is.

gasolina
01-06-2015, 08:53 PM
I thought I read somewhere that the hawks fanbase started to suck as backlash on the dominique trade.

oarabbus
01-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Fort Worth Star-Telegram - February 21, 1993

Dominique Wilkins is taken for granted by the Hawks' fans. They have one of the true superstars of the game, yet The Omni still looks like a mall because the fans just go there to hang out.

WHy the **** are they so pathetic? Move that team to a city that actually wants a team, like Seattle.

atljonesbro
01-06-2015, 10:09 PM
WHy the **** are they so pathetic? Move that team to a city that actually wants a team, like Seattle.
Stop posting you idiot

The_Pharcyde
01-06-2015, 10:36 PM
something with Atlanta and NBA basketball dont mix

its like the people down there don't care at all.. No ATL energy when you play them... you feel like you are watching dudes play at a rec center.. no one paying attention or there

i dont buy the city planning excuse, cause the Bulls had housing projects essentially across the street and the stadium is on the west side, not exactly a great spot you want to chill.. and the fans have always come out.

I would miss the Atlanta Hawks brand if they moved to Seattle but it might be for the best because of how stagnant the brand has become even when they are successful

I feel like the red floor this year is a real nice touch...
maybe now some new jerseys that pay nice homage to the vintage years

oarabbus
01-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Stop posting you idiot

ATL is #1 in the East and you guys are bottom 5 in league attendance. Don't blame me for stating facts.

Again, I'm happy for you (even if you dont like my posts lol) and the actual legit Hawk fans out there, it's awesome you guys are doing well. Doesn't change the fact that such poor showing is a ****ing disgrace

hawksdogsbraves
01-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Remember how our owner Bruce Levenson got in trouble for talking about how there were too many black people at games and they were 'scaring' off the middle class white fans who make up most NBA fanbases?

Unfortunately, there's a grain of truth there, one that you get blasted for if you mention. Atlanta has kind of a screwed up history with race relations.

Hotlantadude81
01-07-2015, 12:17 AM
ATL is #1 in the East and you guys are bottom 5 in league attendance. Don't blame me for stating facts.

Again, I'm happy for you (even if you dont like my posts lol) and the actual legit Hawk fans out there, it's awesome you guys are doing well. Doesn't change the fact that such poor showing is a ****ing disgrace

Attendance and viewership is up this year.

I don't believe the team is going to move, but this could be the cities last chance. If they don't start coming out with the way the team is currently playing the might have to move later down the line.

The league didn't let let the Kings and Bucks move. The Hawks are a top 10 market and so I doubt they move right now.

ArbitraryWater
01-07-2015, 12:19 AM
OP doing his shitty grammar on purpose now.. I hope