PDA

View Full Version : It's bad for the NBA that big markets are having down years?

Hey Yo
01-06-2015, 08:07 PM
all at the same time.

Lakers
Detroit
Boston
Knicks
76'ers
Indiana

all in the shitter

COnDEMnED
01-06-2015, 08:28 PM
It's exactly what they want, the CBA proves that. Doesn't make sense to me, I don't know why you would bite the hand that feeds you.

hawksdogsbraves
01-06-2015, 08:43 PM
Indy's not even a top 25 market but yeah, I agree that it's not great for the league.

The blame falls on the franchises themselves though, big market teams get enough of a built in advantage through attracting FA's and (generally) having wealthy owners willing to go into the luxury tax.

Real14
01-06-2015, 09:05 PM
I Been said this.

oarabbus
01-06-2015, 09:19 PM
It's not bad at all, look at the NFL. Much more popular than the NBA and the parity is part of the reason why. It's more exciting when big markets don't win all the time.

coin24
01-06-2015, 09:23 PM
I think interest in the league would be down in general..
Needs more superstars to survive, the constant overhyping of these college players then complete busts is not helping..

tanking is also ruining the already long regular season, and yeah I agree the big markets struggling would definitely have an effect..

coin24
01-06-2015, 09:25 PM
It's not bad at all, look at the NFL. Much more popular than the NBA and the parity is part of the reason why. It's more exciting when big markets don't win all the time.

Maybe because they play less games they're more important, no coasting etc..

triangleoffense
01-06-2015, 09:26 PM
shorten regular season
require college players play at least 3 years
REMOVE LUXURY TAX

oarabbus
01-06-2015, 10:04 PM
Maybe because they play less games they're more important, no coasting etc..

Sure that may contribute but there is no doubting that ANY GIVEN SUNDAY is part of the core of the NFL.

This exists in all sports with true parity. Look at March Madness. It's popular because some random no-name school can make front page news all across the nation. Baltimore isn't a big city and the Ravens won one recently you bet your ass that tons of people are excited after this weekend's wildcard game. People get excited for the NFL because there is a feeling of "my team could win this year" even in small market teams.

Akrazotile
01-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Indy's not even a top 25 market but yeah, I agree that it's not great for the league.

The blame falls on the franchises themselves though, big market teams get enough of a built in advantage through attracting FA's and (generally) having wealthy owners willing to go into the luxury tax.

Any team can make itself attractive to free agents by demonstrating competence as an organization.

It's amazing how few of them take advantage of that.

AussieG
01-06-2015, 10:58 PM
You earn the results that you deserve. I don't really care about big or small markets. It all evens out in the end.