PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want 2 FREE NIGHTS at a luxury hotel?

enayes
01-07-2015, 12:26 AM
So I'm pretty into credit cards as some of you may know and I've got my eyes set on my 9th card.

The Chase Hyatt:
http://www.budgetsaresexy.com/images/giveaways/hyatt-chase-credit-card.jpg

After spending $1000 in the first 3 months you earn 2 FREE NIGHTS AT ANY HYATT HOTEL in the WORLD. This includes park Hyatt resorts in NYC, Chicago, D.C, Japan, Hawaii, etc that cost over $1000 per night.

If anyone is looking to impress their girlfriend or surprise the wifey with a sweet hotel this could be a way to make it happen.

http://en.lienbangtravel.com/uploads/hotels/ParkHyattSaigon.jpg

JohnFreeman
01-07-2015, 12:28 AM
http://realneo.us/system/files/FBITip.jpg

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-07-2015, 01:13 AM
http://realneo.us/system/files/FBITip.jpg
:lol

enayes
01-08-2015, 01:47 AM
This 2 free night promotion is legit. If people aren't interested I'd be curious as to why.

bigkingsfan
01-08-2015, 02:19 AM
She won't be impressed once you take her out to McDonald's.

sundizz
01-08-2015, 02:20 AM
Yeah, I'm interested. I just got a free roundtrip international flight from my mileage card (United MileagePlus) so I know that cc's really do give away legit stuff.

*edit: and I a have a gf whose bday is coming up soon.

Nanners
01-08-2015, 02:21 AM
She won't be impressed once you take her out to McDonald's.

thats why you also sign up for the "ruths chris steakhouse rewards" credit card.

KNOW1EDGE
01-08-2015, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I'm interested. I just got a free roundtrip international flight from my mileage card (United MileagePlus) so I know that cc's really do give away legit stuff.

*edit: and I a have a gf whose bday is coming up soon.

How/where'd you get a mileage card like that? I always hear people talking about using their miles. I have a us bank credit card and I don't earn shit. I want dem travel miles

oarabbus
01-08-2015, 03:22 AM
What does it mean to be "pretty into credit cards"? You are a debt aficionado or what?

enayes
01-08-2015, 10:20 AM
What does it mean to be "pretty into credit cards"? You are a debt aficionado or what?

It means I use them wisely and rack in hundreds of dollars worth of rewards. I have $0 credit card debt and have never paid a single cent of interest.

imdaman99
01-08-2015, 10:49 AM
http://digitalclaritygroup.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/trap.png

enayes
01-08-2015, 12:31 PM
2 reasons...

1. $75 annual fee after the first year.
2. You're a known liar and a theft.

I usually avoid cards with annual fees but you have two options here.

1. You can cancel the card before the start of the 2nd year, thus earning the 2 free nights and never having to pay anything.

2. Keep the card because it's worth the $75 annual fee. This card gives you ONE FREE night at their 1-4 category level hotels EVERY YEAR. So a free night each year more than pays for the $75 annual fee. For this reason I will consider keeping this card after the 1st year.

rezznor
01-08-2015, 12:56 PM
This 2 free night promotion is legit. If people aren't interested I'd be curious as to why.
i've got this card. easily pays for itself

sixerfan82
01-08-2015, 01:23 PM
I think the concept of 'free' isn't clear to you.

Free = you get it for nothing.

In this situation, you have to spend $1000 in 3 months time.

Therefore, the 2 nights actually cause you $1000.

That isn't free.

enayes
01-09-2015, 01:16 AM

That isn't free.

Is this a joke?

Do you have bills? Any expenses at all? All you have to do is buy gas, groceries and pay your bills with the card. You don't have to spend extra money.

Bandito
01-09-2015, 06:11 AM
i've got this card. easily pays for itself
If you do that you'll be in mote debt.

rezznor
01-09-2015, 10:26 AM
If you do that you'll be in mote debt.
i have 0 credit card debt

rezznor
01-09-2015, 10:26 AM

That isn't free.
:facepalm

Jailblazers7
01-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Yeah, seems like a decent deal. I'll prob get a hotel/travel rewards card eventually but I don't need one now. I'd rather not have to juggle too many cards even if it's easy to keep track of everything using mobile apps.

enayes
01-09-2015, 12:04 PM
I only keep 2 cards on me at any given time. Whenever I get a new credit card like I plan on doing with the Chase Hyatt I decide which card it will be replacing and then I pay off the balance on that card and place it in a locked box along with my others. This way I only have to worry about keeping track of the 2 cards in my wallet, the others are just hanging out waiting to see if they'll get another chance.

riseagainst
01-09-2015, 01:14 PM

That isn't free.

not really. If you were to buy everyday stuff: gas, groceries, rent, bills, etc. Might as well use that card. And if you happened to spend 1k in 3 months on things you were going to anyway, it is free in this case.

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-09-2015, 02:03 PM

That isn't free.
lolwat? sounds like you're just shtty with money.

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Is this a joke?

Do you have bills? Any expenses at all? All you have to do is buy gas, groceries and pay your bills with the card. You don't have to spend extra money.
well, round my way, using your credit card to buy gas actually does come with a cost..

enayes
01-09-2015, 02:38 PM
well, round my way, using your credit card to buy gas actually does come with a cost..

as in its cheaper to pay cash?

most credit cards offer 2-3% cash back on gas purchases, some even 5%

riseagainst
01-09-2015, 02:47 PM

some have an annual fee, yes. But those also have offer more rewards. Standard credit cards are free if you rack up the interest, and you still earn rewards. The companies that accept credits do get charged a fee for making transaction though.

sundizz
01-10-2015, 07:35 AM
Was this just a plea for attention? I clearly responded to the thread and said interested. :facepalm

BlazerRed
01-10-2015, 08:33 AM
Thanks OP :cheers:

BlazerRed
01-10-2015, 08:37 AM
OP I need to sign up for a new bank and credit card. What are the best deals going around?

ArbitraryWater
01-10-2015, 08:53 AM
OP always in those Dexter threads Im reading when watching :applause:

enayes
01-11-2015, 02:50 AM
Was this just a plea for attention? I clearly responded to the thread and said interested. :facepalm

:biggums:

Do you need me to type in Chase Hyatt credit card into google?

If you're interested go apply for the card.

enayes
01-11-2015, 02:53 AM
OP I need to sign up for a new bank and credit card. What are the best deals going around?

Best bank in my opinion is Ally. They are an online bank that offers the best perks. 100% free checking account, can take money out of any ATM for free, competitive interest rates, etc.

As far as credit cards I would check out the Capital One Quicksilver, BankAmericard Cash rewards card or the Chase Freedom. It all depends on what you want to earn in terms of rewards/cash back or if you'd rather earn miles to fly.

Balla_Status
01-11-2015, 06:44 AM
Hotels are shit. Would rather get an apartment in the nice cities around the world.

BlazerRed
01-11-2015, 07:32 AM
Best bank in my opinion is Ally. They are an online bank that offers the best perks. 100% free checking account, can take money out of any ATM for free, competitive interest rates, etc.

As far as credit cards I would check out the Capital One Quicksilver, BankAmericard Cash rewards card or the Chase Freedom. It all depends on what you want to earn in terms of rewards/cash back or if you'd rather earn miles to fly.
:cheers:

enayes
01-11-2015, 02:02 PM
:cheers:

Couple more things about Ally: They give you free checks which is great, I only use a check to pay rent and it sucks having to buy 300 checks for $30 from a traditional bank when you will never need that many.

The one downside is that it is difficult/a hassle to deposit actual cash into the bank. Since they are an online bank it is ideal if you have direct deposit set up and don't need to deposit cash. You can deposit checks using your phone or mail in cash/checks but it's annoying.

I love Ally but if I have cash on hand that I need to deposit I usually give it to my girlfriend and she'll write me a check and then I deposit that.

enayes
01-11-2015, 02:04 PM
I was going to wait a little longer but I ended up spending enough money on one of my other cards earlier than I thought I would so I just applied and got approved for the Hyatt card. Now I just have to decide where I want to use my two free nights.

:D

enayes
01-12-2015, 12:59 PM
OP always in those Dexter threads Im reading when watching :applause:

which Dexter threads? just random discussion threads?