PDA

View Full Version : Support the ATLANTA Hawks!

Richesly
01-07-2015, 06:49 AM
http://www.gofundme.com/BuytheATLHawks

Support the Atlanta Hawks in making sure they 100% stay in Atlanta, rather than only 99.9%.

SouBeachTalents
01-07-2015, 06:54 AM
23 mill a day, good luck bro

buddha
01-07-2015, 07:03 AM
holy ****ing shit...

that is a genius ****ing scam.

who ever is gonna collect all that money is a genius and can withdraw it whenever they want. i'm thinking about making one for the sonics right now.

LoneyROY7
01-07-2015, 07:09 AM
holy ****ing shit...

that is a genius ****ing scam.

who ever is gonna collect all that money is a genius and can withdraw it whenever they want. i'm thinking about making one for the sonics right now.

That's what I was just thinking.

If the goal is not met, does the money go back to the donators? If not...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Edit: It is an All-or-Nothing campaign, so the money would go back to the donators if the goal isn't met. Still, LOL at the people donating $15,000 or $10,000.

CeltsGarlic
01-07-2015, 07:22 AM
Brilliant idea. Gofundme since the beginning has raised 640M and now they are aiming at 600M in 30 days :lol

Richesly
01-07-2015, 07:26 AM

Edit: It is an All-or-Nothing campaign, so the money would go back to the donators if the goal isn't met. Still, LOL at the people donating $15,000 or $10,000.

Atlanta has hardcore fans. Proof is people donating $15,000. That's crazy.

Dave3
01-07-2015, 07:28 AM
Atlanta has hardcore fans. Proof is people donating $15,000. That's crazy.
Yet the stadium doesn't even fill though. And tickets are dirt cheap too (which is awesome not gonna lie).

Richesly
01-07-2015, 07:31 AM
Yet the stadium doesn't even fill though. And tickets are dirt cheap too (which is awesome not gonna lie).

Phillips Arena has sold out it's last 3 games, and has the most improved attendance of any team this season..

Dave3
01-07-2015, 07:35 AM
Phillips Arena has sold out it's last 3 games, and has the most improved attendance of any team this season..
When I was there in November there were a LOT of empty seats. The 300s almost looked empty in areas. I guess I'm comparing to my home city though (Toronto) which is a bit unfair, because they're always crazy showing up to games.

Richesly
01-07-2015, 07:38 AM
When I was there in November there were a LOT of empty seats. The 300s almost looked empty in areas. I guess I'm comparing to my home city though (Toronto) which is a bit unfair, because they're always crazy showing up to games.

Attendance wasn't that great in november, but in december Hawks were 13th in attendance.

BlazerRed
01-07-2015, 08:09 AM

Money goes back if it's not met.

ATL are moving to Seattle though..

Dave3
01-07-2015, 08:09 AM
Attendance wasn't that great in november, but in december Hawks were 13th in attendance.
1st in conference and 13th in attendance isn't that good though. I just feel people in this city care way more about the Falcons than the Hawks.

imdaman99
01-07-2015, 11:43 AM
I'll support them when they knock off the Bulls and Cavs to get to the Finals. Get it done, Hawks :cheers:

Myth
01-07-2015, 12:31 PM

They were just about the hottest team in the league in December, and still only middle of the pack attendance wise. That is not so great.

GOBB
01-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Atlanta has hardcore fans but can't sell out Braves and Hawks playoffs games.

hawkfan
01-07-2015, 12:37 PM

Braves are moving to the suburbs, so attendance will improve.
Let's see with Hawks.
Moving the game times up on weekends would help.

JohnnyBravo5
01-07-2015, 12:38 PM

How's Sixers attendance?

JohnnyBravo5
01-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Braves are moving to the suburbs, so attendance will improve.
Let's see with Hawks.
Moving the game times up on weekends would help.

The Atlanta fan base has been the most tortured in the history of sports.

The Falcons took 40 years to have consecutive winning seasons.

The Braves had 15 division titles titles and 1 world series win in 5 appearances.

The Hawks have never advanced past the second round since moving from St Louis. We were supposed to get Dr. J and it was blocked. The greatest player in franchise history was traded mid season. We made Jon Koncak a higher paid player than MJ. Atlanta is the very definition of fan Apathy.

GOBB
01-07-2015, 02:34 PM
How's Sixers attendance?

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

We are 3rd from last. Hey there goes Atlanta at 24. Ha

Mr. Jabbar
01-07-2015, 02:38 PM
who cares about Hawks arena being full when fan per fan they're head and shoulders classiest of them all

hawkfan
01-07-2015, 02:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

We are 3rd from last. Hey there goes Atlanta at 24. Ha

Can't blame people for not watching the Sixers. It's a painful product that they put out there.

hawkfan
01-07-2015, 03:00 PM
who cares about Hawks arena being full when fan per fan they're head and shoulders classiest of them all

It's hard for parents to bring their kids there on weekends when games are at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.

Game last 2.5 hours, takes 45 minutes to get out of the arena due to traffic, so if someone has kids, then they get home late.

It would be better if they moved the games on Saturdays and Sundays to 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. It would make it more family friendly.

Rose
01-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Very excited to support them in Seattle:applause:

Richesly
01-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Very excited to support them in Seattle:applause:
Sucks they aren't going to seattle. There is literally no chance.

Of course you want the best team in the east to go to the west though.

hawkfan
01-07-2015, 03:03 PM

Yep.

atljonesbro
01-07-2015, 03:03 PM

Yep. He's nervous right now that the Hawks are so dominant. He can only wish they'll leave the East :oldlol:

Rose
01-07-2015, 03:10 PM

bookmarked for future reference.

Oh gosh don't even talk like that. I might shit my pants. I mean soooo scarrryyyy. All those first and second round flame outs. :oldlol:

I mean hell the Rose-less Bulls were that good last year.

Richesly
01-07-2015, 03:12 PM

Oh gosh don't even talk like that. I might shit my pants. I mean soooo scarrryyyy. All those first and second round flame outs. :oldlol:

Because this is definitely the same team that had Josh Smith and Joe as their stars.

Reply back when Bulls have a winning record against the top western teams.

atljonesbro
01-07-2015, 03:13 PM

93-86

26-8 > 25-10

#1 > #2

Rose
01-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Because this is definitely the same team that had Josh Smith and Joe as their stars.

Reply back when Bulls have a winning record against the top western teams.
You're right so the third best guy from those teams (Horford) and Korver? Are supposed to be scary.

Also I'm no mathlete but..
http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html?ls=iref:nba:gnav

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/chi/chicago-bulls

Against those teams the Bulls have beaten: Clippers, Blazers, Pelicans, Rockets and the Grizzlies.Which is 5.

While losing to: Portland, Golden State, and Dallas. Which is 3.

Now according to my abacus 5 is definitely higher than 3.

atljonesbro
01-07-2015, 03:23 PM
You're right so the third best guy from those teams (Horford) and Korver? Are supposed to be scary.

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html?ls=iref:nba:gnav

Against those teams the Bulls have beaten: Clippers, Blazers, Pelicans, Rockets and the Grizzlies.Which is 5.

9-2 > 5-3

Hawks will win any category you throw out there.

Richesly
01-07-2015, 03:24 PM

Thought you guys were 3-3 still.
And Pelicans are not a top west team.

Wasn't aware you guys recently beat the rockets, but I guess they only loss cuz they got Josh Smith.

And hey, ignorant head, We have Teague, Korver, DMC, Millsap, Horford and most of our bench rather than Joe and Josh you should be afraid of.

Rose
01-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Thought you guys were 3-3 still.
And Pelicans are not a top west team.

Wasn't aware you guys recently beat the rockets, but I guess they only loss cuz they got Josh Smith.

And hey, ignorant head, We have Teague, Korver, DMC, Millsap, Horford and most of our bench rather than Joe and Josh you should be afraid of.
Oh wow. The Bulls should be penalized because the other team has a player they don't have. :oldlol:

Oh wow a guy whose back up is better than he is, a Bulls cast off, Not DeMarcus Cousins, Millsap, and the third best player from those Hawks teams.:oldlol:

magnax1
01-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Hawks>Raptors

Richesly
01-07-2015, 03:33 PM
Oh wow. The Bulls should be penalized because the other team has a player they don't have. :oldlol:

Oh wow a guy whose back up is better than he is, a Bulls cast off, Not DeMarcus Cousins, Millsap, and the third best player from those Hawks teams.:oldlol:

Horford put up 18/10 last season, and is starting to do that again.(easily an all star if he started out healthy)
Schroeder is not better than Teague, who is an All Star.
DeMarre Carroll one of the best role players in the game, great hustle, the african american Kyle Korver, GREAT man defender and help defendrer.
Paul Millsal will just dominate Gasol/Noah since he can stretch the floor out with Al Horford. Noah or Gasol do not want to go out to the three point line with him.
Kyle Korver is the best three point shooter in the game who your sorry coach didn't utilize correctly at all. Also plays way better defense under the Hawks... wonder why.

Everything about the Bulls is overrated and we have already blew you guys out.

OH MAN NOAH DIDNT PLAY MANNN. Horford was like 60% when we played.

P.S: Jimmy Butler strugged to score on KK.

Real14
01-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Hawks>Raptors
horrible season tho.

ProfessorMurder

The Braves had 15 division titles titles and 1 world series win in 5 appearances.

Oh no, not a competitive team for 15 years?! How awful.

Rose
Horford put up 18/10 last season, and is starting to do that again.(easily an all star if he started out healthy)
Schroeder is not better than Teague, who is an All Star.
DeMarre Carroll one of the best role players in the game, great hustle, the african american Kyle Korver, GREAT man defender and help defendrer.
Paul Millsal will just dominate Gasol/Noah since he can stretch the floor out with Al Horford. Noah or Gasol do not want to go out to the three point line with him.
Kyle Korver is the best three point shooter in the game who your sorry coach didn't utilize correctly at all. Also plays way better defense under the Hawks... wonder why.

Everything about the Bulls is underrated and we have already blew you guys out.
Schroeder is better, any Seattle Hawks fan can realize that.
Carroll's amazing 3% totally shows that he's the african american Korver!
Millsap/Horford have done so well against the Pau/Noah line up they haven't faced at all this year. Not too mention how Noah apparently isn't one of the most athletic centers in the league who can guard out towards the 3 point line.

But I do agree everything about the Bulls is underrated!

GOBB
01-07-2015, 11:26 PM
Can't blame people for not watching the Sixers. It's a painful product that they put out there.

Here is the difference I can accept our attendance stinks. You can't. It's stunk for years now. Whether you make the playoffs or not. And just not Hawks. Braves had a history of not selling out playoff games. Whenever Hawks games are at home and its on TV the noticeable thing is the stands. Just own it. The Hawks are playing great basketball. Not quite sure its a team that can get far in the playoffs. But reg season they are hooping. See I can give props. Atlanta just not a sports town. They don't support the team like some cities. And Yall winning. Lol

hawksdogsbraves
01-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Here is the difference I can accept our attendance stinks. You can't. It's stunk for years now. Whether you make the playoffs or not. And just not Hawks. Braves had a history of not selling out playoff games. Whenever Hawks games are at home and its on TV the noticeable thing is the stands. Just own it. The Hawks are playing great basketball. Not quite sure its a team that can get far in the playoffs. But reg season they are hooping. See I can give props. Atlanta just not a sports town. They don't support the team like some cities. And Yall winning. Lol

Whatever, go **** yourself

The game was packed out tonight and will be packed out going forward.

Honestly people can talk as much shit about our fans as they want, I'll just keep going to games and telling you internet warriors to go **** yourselves.

Laughable that a SIXERS fan is talking trash about not selling out a damned game.

Legends66NBA7
01-07-2015, 11:49 PM

The Falcons took 40 years to have consecutive winning seasons.

The Hawks have never advanced past the second round since moving from St Louis. We were supposed to get Dr. J and it was blocked. The greatest player in franchise history was traded mid season. We made Jon Koncak a higher paid player than MJ. Atlanta is the very definition of fan Apathy.

Toronto's is far worse than this, at least from recent history. Literally has turned fans into pessimistic alcoholics.

It's really bad when the fans are awaiting an inevitable collapse each season.

hawksdogsbraves
01-08-2015, 12:15 AM
Toronto's is far worse than this, at least from recent history. Literally has turned fans into pessimistic alcoholics.

It's really bad when the fans are awaiting an inevitable collapse each season.

Atlanta fans are the epitome of awaiting an inevitable collapse.

The Braves won ****ing 15 division championships in a row and collapsed 14 times.

The Jays have basically never been relevant except for BEATING the Braves in the early 90's, and nobody but the 600k fans who watch playoff games give a **** about the NHL.

Toronto doesn't know shit about being a miserable sports town. They don't even have a historically awful NFL team to be miserable about.

BuffaloBill
01-08-2015, 12:17 AM
That awkward moment when the Hawks move to seattle and finally make it to the finals the first year there

hawksdogsbraves
01-08-2015, 12:20 AM
That awkward moment when the Hawks move to seattle and finally make it to the finals the first year there

Oh well I'm so sorry to burst your bubble :cry: (http://www.si.com/nba/2015/01/07/atlanta-hawks-sale-relocation-seattle)

plowking
01-08-2015, 12:20 AM
I got my Atlanta Hawks hat from back in the day sitting in my room. I'm on the bandwagon.

Any perks or discounts from joining?

Hotlantadude81
01-08-2015, 12:21 AM

I remember the Braves doing fine until turner lost the team or whatever. I think some corporate people own the team now. It's not a surprise that the fans no longer care.

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Atlanta fans are the epitome of awaiting an inevitable collapse.

The Braves won ****ing 15 division championships in a row and collapsed 14 times.

The Jays have basically never been relevant except for BEATING the Braves in the early 90's, and nobody but the 600k fans who watch playoff games give a **** about the NHL.

Toronto doesn't know shit about being a miserable sports town. They don't even have a historically awful NFL team to be miserable about.

Total bullshit.

Don't front like your from here. This fanbase is ****ing miserable because I see it every day. I talk a lot of sports in Toronto and there isn't much to be happy about when I converse with someone.

Baseball is hard to stay consistent in. The Braves staying in the playoffs matter more than it would in either hockey, basketball or football... well maybe not football, but you get the point. Them getting a chip out of and 2 more pennants was worth the ride. It's worse if you didn't win a world series.

The Jays beat the Braves and the Phillies (most memorable moment in team history was Game 6 with a walk off game winner; funny you left that out) in back to back and haven't been back to the playoffs since, which is now the longest drought in the MLB.

The Raptors have 1 playoff series win and haven't won since 2001. Longest drought without a playoff series win in the NBA.

I don't care what your opinion about hockey is, but where I'm from it rules here... Leafs haven't won a title since 1967 and you guessed it... longest drought without a Stanley Cup title and appearance. They are right now in such turmoil and no direction, fans are throwing their memorabilia of Leafs items on to the ice where ever they go.

And to put the final nail in the coffin, none of the 3 teams have won a playoff series since 2004.

So again, spare me the horseshit about not being miserable. You look at those teams and you try to be as patient as me. I already know a lot of people who have and already would want to give up supporting them.

I didn't even go to soccer because they are young (still stuck though). And if Toronto did have a NFL team that was miserable ? All I can say is get in line.

hawksdogsbraves
01-08-2015, 12:53 AM
Total bullshit.

Don't front like your from here. This fanbase is ****ing miserable because I see it every day. I talk a lot of sports in Toronto and there isn't much to be happy about when I converse with someone.

Baseball is hard to stay consistent in. The Braves staying in the playoffs matter more than it would in either hockey, basketball or football... well maybe not football, but you get the point. Them getting a chip out of and 2 more pennants was worth the ride. It's worse if you didn't win a world series.

The Jays beat the Braves and the Phillies (most memorable moment in team history was Game 6 with a walk off game winner; funny you left that out) in back to back and haven't been back to the playoffs since, which is now the longest drought in the MLB.

The Raptors have 1 playoff series win and haven't won since 2001. Longest drought without a playoff series win in the NBA.

I don't care what your opinion about hockey is, but where I'm from it rules here... Leafs haven't won a title since 1967 and you guessed it... longest drought without a Stanley Cup title and appearance. They are right now in such turmoil and no direction, fans are throwing their memorabilia of Leafs items on to the ice where ever they go.

And to put the final nail in the coffin, none of the 3 teams have won a playoff series since 2004.

So again, spare me the horseshit about not being miserable. You look at those teams and you try to be as patient as me. I already know a lot of people who have and already would want to give up supporting them.

I didn't even go to soccer because they are young (still stuck though). And if Toronto did have a NFL team that was miserable ? All I can say is get in line.

Oh please. In all of your sob story you're lacking an entire SPORT which happens to be our most miserable franchise of all. The Falcons have about 50 years of abject failure beyond your knowledge.

I've been rooting for these goddamned teams my entire life, and I've got the Georgia Bulldogs on top of them not winning jack shit since 1980.

I don't really give a shit if the Maple Leafs have sold out 1,000 games in a row, NHL ratings can't even come within yelling distance of your average Big Bang Theory episode. To put it simply, nobody cares.

Atlanta fans have as much misery as anybody, and certainly as much as you poor poor Toronto fans with your Drake and your ESPN love.

hawksdogsbraves
01-08-2015, 12:54 AM
Also I'm kind of just kidding man, I feel the pain of growing up in an utterly unsucessful sports town and I definitely have no hate for Toronto :cheers:

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2015, 01:36 AM
Oh please. In all of your sob story you're lacking an entire SPORT which happens to be our most miserable franchise of all. The Falcons have about 50 years of abject failure beyond your knowledge.

Which has nothing to do with the city. Last I read, it's a network issue with the NFL.

If this city had a NFL team, you can get bet your ass they would be fans pouring their hearts out to them. If they were miserable, they would be the next bad NFL team. As for my "knowledge", I know quiet enough about the NFL and the Falcons. PM me if you want.

I've been rooting for these goddamned teams my entire life, and I've got the Georgia Bulldogs on top of them not winning jack shit since 1980.

You say that like I haven't done so either. Moving on...

I don't really give a shit if the Maple Leafs have sold out 1,000 games in a row, NHL ratings can't even come within yelling distance of your average Big Bang Theory episode. To put it simply, nobody cares.

I talk about how this team will win or lose, couldn't give a shit about ratings. The Leafs suck in this regard and their in one of the worst droughts imaginable.

Atlanta fans have as much misery as anybody, and certainly as much as you poor poor Toronto fans with your Drake and your ESPN love.

More crap about popularity, as if that has anything to do with on court performance. Drake promotes 1 team and it's cool for him. How do you know it doesn't kill him as a fan too ? Did you know he was just a regular fan at one point in the ACC ?

And "ESPN love" ...I don't have the program, don't care what the dumb asses known as Screaming A and Payless have to think about the team. Don't care what JVG and Breen are commentating on about them either. Total non-issue for what I think. I check enough boards to see that they actually don't have all that much respect about the team anyways.

Not going to drag this on since I'm tired at this point. Bottom line, Toronto fans are just as if not more miserable than Atlanta fans. Just because you think we don't know what it's like to be miserable.... just couldn't be further from truth.

I'm out. PM if you want to discuss this further.

Legends66NBA7
01-08-2015, 01:38 AM
Also I'm kind of just kidding man, I feel the pain of growing up in an utterly unsucessful sports town and I definitely have no hate for Toronto :cheers:

And you made me type up all that. :coleman:

Anyways, out dude. Later.

GOBB
01-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Whatever, go **** yourself

The game was packed out tonight and will be packed out going forward.

Honestly people can talk as much shit about our fans as they want, I'll just keep going to games and telling you internet warriors to go **** yourselves.

Laughable that a SIXERS fan is talking trash about not selling out a damned game.

You clearly are emotional and missing the point. It's nothing new that the Atlanta fans don't support their teams as a whole. Just because you go to games doesn't negate the fact Atlanta attendance over the years has been bad. Get butt hurt, curse all you want. What im saying is accurate.