PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jai White said he would destroy Bruce Lee 1v1

TheReal Kendall
01-07-2015, 09:49 AM
http://youtu.be/yh__CDulIlc?t=2m26s

I think he's right. Size means a lot in a fight when the skill level is somewhat equal.

Real Men Wear Green
01-07-2015, 10:07 AM
I would argue but he's Black Dynamite.

Clyde
01-07-2015, 10:17 AM
One is a martial artist turned actor, the other an actor who did martial arts.

El Kabong
01-07-2015, 10:36 AM
I would argue but he's Black Dynamite.
Black Dynamite AND Al Simmons/Spawn.

nathanjizzle
01-07-2015, 11:02 AM
thats a travesty what hes saying, he couldnt catch bruce if he wanted to, but bruce could catch him anytime. the bigger you are the slower.

BurningHammer
01-07-2015, 11:02 AM
Nobody dares to interrupt his kung-fu.

plowking
01-07-2015, 11:05 AM
A pissed off Charles Barkley in his prime would have beat the shit out of Bruce.

Weight classes are there for a reason.

nathanjizzle
01-07-2015, 11:16 AM
A pissed off Charles Barkley in his prime would have beat the shit out of Bruce.

Weight classes are there for a reason.

quickness/ agility / endurance is the advantage that smaller guys have, a ring or octagon limits that thats why their are weight classes. bruce lee is smart, jai isnt, hes black. in an open field , bruce would eventually wear him down. in a ring, jai would eventually catch bruce.

Real Men Wear Green
01-07-2015, 11:29 AM
quickness/ agility / endurance is the advantage that smaller guys have, a ring or octagon limits that thats why their are weight classes. bruce lee is smart, jai isnt, hes black. in an open field , bruce would eventually wear him down. in a ring, jai would eventually catch bruce.The **** kind of argument is this? Especially coming from the dumbest ass on the message board?

iamgine
01-07-2015, 11:44 AM
In a legit fight, of course Bruce would get destroyed.

Clyde
01-07-2015, 11:46 AM
quickness/ agility / endurance is the advantage that smaller guys have, a ring or octagon limits that thats why their are weight classes. bruce lee is smart, jai isnt, hes black. in an open field , bruce would eventually wear him down. in a ring, jai would eventually catch bruce.

:facepalm

why dude?

iTare
01-07-2015, 03:37 PM
Hahaha.
:roll:

L.Kizzle
01-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Jai White was into martial arts well before his first acting gig.

With that said, I'd take Bruce Lee.

How about keep Lee in his era and have him face off against Jim Kelly?

riseagainst
01-07-2015, 04:53 PM
dude talks tough about a dead guy.

Micku
01-07-2015, 04:56 PM
How strong was Bruce Lee? From what I remember he was pretty strong for a guy who weight 130lbs and he was hella fast. I don't think he is Shaolin Monk level, but what I recall was that he was a beast. But he never participate in any tournaments, right? Just demonstrations?

There are pros and cons to size too. The bigger you are, the slower you could be. Sometimes you get some beasts that are big and fast. For a little dude, I heard one of the options you could do is to attack the knees. But size is definitely an advantage. Especially if you have length and reach.

In a street fight where anything goes is a little different than in the ring.

Kblaze8855
01-07-2015, 06:25 PM

Michael Jai White has been in martial arts longer than Bruce Li was alive. Hes a black belt in like 6 styles.

Hes been training since he was like 6.

Clyde
01-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Michael Jai White has been in martial arts longer than Bruce Li was alive. Hes a black belt in like 6 styles.

Hes been training since he was like 6.

The guy is a nobody.

Bruce Lee invented Jeet Kun Do.

Kblaze8855
01-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Fame has nothing to do with winning a fight. Anyone can be beaten.

And when one side has been training for 40 years and has a massive size advantage...its at least reasonable to assume victory is possible no matter who is on the other end.

KyrieTheFuture
01-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Then why doesn't he fight professionally and take everyone down if its so easy for him?

Kblaze8855
01-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Then why doesn't he fight professionally and take everyone down if its so easy for him?

He wouldnt be fighting people 60 pounds smaller than him for one...so what does it have to do with a comparison to him vs Bruce? Which isnt even going into the fact that hes rich already...why start prize fighting at near 50?

Anyway....weight classes really are there for a reason.

Sure some guys can win a fight vs a giant...but a well trained and prepared guy of equal(greater) experience with a massive size advantage?

KyrieTheFuture
01-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Why didn't Bruce Lee?
As far as I know, Bruce didn't shoot his mouth off about how he could kick people's asses. I love Michael Jai White, but this was unnecessary.

KyrieTheFuture
01-07-2015, 07:29 PM
He wouldnt be fighting people 60 pounds smaller than him for one...so what does it have to do with a comparison to him vs Bruce? Which isnt even going into the fact that hes rich already...why start prize fighting at near 50?

Anyway....weight classes really are there for a reason.

Sure some guys can win a fight vs a giant...but a well trained and prepared guy of equal(greater) experience with a massive size advantage?
I'm not really commenting on who would win, it just seems like such a pointless thing to say.

Real Men Wear Green
01-07-2015, 07:32 PM
Two guys that none of us have ever seen footage of participating in a real fight. There are stories that Lee participated in some matches but nothing to go on. All we really know? Two good athletes (Lee might even have been a great athlete with some of the things we've seen of his hand speed and acrobatics). Both with decades of training. There's no sure answer. White's size and power is the only on-paper advantage but Lee was a fighting genius and (not that this effects the outcome) far more important to the history and development of mixed martial arts.

Argument feels like a debate about Earl "the Goat" Manigualt playing Hot Sauce from the And 1 Mixtape 1 on 1.

KyrieTheFuture
01-07-2015, 08:14 PM
But they asked him if he would beat bruce lee in a fight. It's not like he brought it up.
Except that's not what they asked him.

rknine15
01-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Im a huge MJW fan and he is right but he shouldve shown a little more respect for a dead guy....

plowking
01-07-2015, 10:32 PM
Im a huge MJW fan and he is right but he shouldve shown a little more respect for a dead guy....

What more respect could he have?

He said he'd win due to his giant size and weight advantage. He never disrespected what Lee did for martial arts. No one does. We all know how significant it was.

But there is no way Bruce beats MJW. Not a chance.

Size matters. There is a reason for weight classes. The biggest people in general can cause the most damage, hence they don't have to be the best fighters to beat someone smaller who is in fact more adept at fighting.

I'd take some random, mid tier light-heavyweight in the UFC today over Lee. He isn't a more skilled fighter, but he'd beat Lee on size and damage done.

The_Yearning
01-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Are you guys really serious right now?

Bruce Lee would like this clown up.

miggyme1
01-08-2015, 04:23 AM
lmao

why are people bringing up size like they are gonna wrestle or fight in an octagon?

if they fight in an open space i think its a pretty even playing field...just str8 up hand to hand fighting no grapples...i think it would be even...id have to give the advantage to bruce lee....because like in any sport....SPEED KILLS.

Lebron23
01-08-2015, 04:27 AM
lmao

why are people bringing up size like they are gonna wrestle or fight in an octagon?

if they fight in an open space i think its a pretty even playing field...just str8 up hand to hand fighting no grapples...i think it would be even...id have to give the advantage to bruce lee....because like in any sport....SPEED KILLS.

Huge fan of Bruce lee, but he's not a real fighter. Trovador Ramos from the Philippines beat him in a sparring session when Lee was still alive.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-B3MPjtJ8Yn0/T1nQUkRX8TI/AAAAAAAAAbM/N6n8crkW9FA/s400/TRACMA.png

http://www.citidirect.com.my/web/v1/images/products/esp/testi_ramos.jpg

Top Gun
01-08-2015, 06:24 AM
If MJW was able to get the fight on the deck and use his weight he would probably be able to just wear BL down.

andremiller07
01-08-2015, 06:31 AM
Every time a Bruce Lee thread comes up I ask is there any actual footage of him being in a actual fight?

Anyone can look insane hitting pads/scripted crap but can anyone link me a video of him actually fighting?

niko
01-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Id beat Bruce Lee, he's dead, he can't move.

plowking
01-08-2015, 09:19 AM
lmao

Jesus... :facepalm

You can tell who the kids are on here. Thinking its going to work out like a Dragonball Z cartoon where the speed is too much or something.

If they fought 100 times, Lee would win maybe once. That's if MJW fell over accidentally and Lee capitalized.

glidedrxlr22
01-08-2015, 11:50 AM
MJW is legit. There's a video on youtube where he's showing Kimbo Slice how to throw punches that people can't see coming.

JEFFERSON MONEY
01-08-2015, 04:20 PM
He actually would.

Him and Scott Adkins.

Anyone can do a side by side reel of the Undisputed, Blood and Bone series, measure the force production, the durability and see the modern guys come out on top. These guys are what. North of 6 feet, 200 at their leanest, slabbed in muscle, quick as lightning, skilled as Da Vinci?

But Bruce Lee is a superstar because he is a motherf*cking pioneer. Diet, charisma, kick, one finger pushups, character, philosophy, fulfilling his dreams.... you name it HE GOT IT.

It's natural for the prodigal son/grasshopper to beat the sensei eventually.

ThePhantomCreep
01-09-2015, 03:28 AM
[QUOTE=miggyme1]lmao

if they fight in an open space i think its a pretty even playing field...just str8 up hand to hand fighting no grapples...i think it would be even...id have to give the advantage to bruce lee....because like in any sport....SPEED KILLS.[/QUOTE8]

Your typical tomato can heavyweight would wreck Mayweather in a fight. Why would this be any different?

Size matters.

miggyme1
01-09-2015, 03:45 AM
[QUOTE=miggyme1]lmao

if they fight in an open space i think its a pretty even playing field...just str8 up hand to hand fighting no grapples...i think it would be even...id have to give the advantage to bruce lee....because like in any sport....SPEED KILLS.[/QUOTE8]

Your typical tomato can heavyweight would wreck Mayweather in a fight. Why would this be any different?

Size matters.

do you have proof? nope....so what makes u sure?

ive seen plenty big guys get DROPPED by smaller guys...so u cant expect me to believe that size matters THAT much in a head to head fight with no grapples or confined space. you cant sit here and tell me floyd couldnt whip a heavyweight.....maybe not mike tyson...but im willing to bet my life floyd could give alot of heavyweights a run for their money.

anybody who thinks otherwise is just plain stupid

miggyme1
01-09-2015, 03:51 AM
Jesus... :facepalm

You can tell who the kids are on here. Thinking its going to work out like a Dragonball Z cartoon where the speed is too much or something.

If they fought 100 times, Lee would win maybe once. That's if MJW fell over accidentally and Lee capitalized.

dragonball z? u the dumbass that brought that up...not me.

i can tell who has never been in a physical altercation A DAY in their life on here :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

where did i say speed was "too much"....i said speed kills...and I WOULD GIVE THE ADVANTAGE TO BRUCE LEE. either one could win and i could care less who did....it wouldnt prove anything..both guys have made great movies.

we dont know bruce lee's pain tolerance...just like we dont know mjw's....michael jai white could throw one mean punch but have a glass chin.

bunch of puss!es in this thread.smh

Tarik One
01-09-2015, 11:34 AM
He can't beat this guy:

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080906102843/hellboy/images/d/de/12053229470089.jpg

ThickassGlasses
01-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Manny Pacquiao vs Mike Tyson
Mayweather vs Holyfield
Sugar Ray vs Ali

ect...

When two guys are even close to equally skilled, the bigger guy has an advantage. No one would call any of those bigger guys slow. Are they slower? Perhaps but it wouldn't matter in the ring. (Or in a field as if this is turning into a ninja showdown in which you jump out of trees and run through the bushes).

rezznor
01-09-2015, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=ThePhantomCreep]

do you have proof? nope....so what makes u sure?

ive seen plenty big guys get DROPPED by smaller guys...so u cant expect me to believe that size matters THAT much in a head to head fight with no grapples or confined space. you cant sit here and tell me floyd couldnt whip a heavyweight.....maybe not mike tyson...but im willing to bet my life floyd could give alot of heavyweights a run for their money.

anybody who thinks otherwise is just plain stupid

this doesn't count

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0403/box_g_mayweather_580.jpg

#number6ix#
01-09-2015, 01:04 PM
But could he beat a silverback tho

riseagainst
01-09-2015, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=miggyme1]

this doesn't count

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0403/box_g_mayweather_580.jpg

lol. Everyone knows that in an actual fight, Big Show would wreck Mayweather and it wont even be close.

Lebron23
01-09-2015, 01:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOrneq4vjdg

Goku vs. Bruce Lee

ILLsmak
01-09-2015, 02:19 PM
dragonball z? u the dumbass that brought that up...not me.

i can tell who has never been in a physical altercation A DAY in their life on here :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

where did i say speed was "too much"....i said speed kills...and I WOULD GIVE THE ADVANTAGE TO BRUCE LEE. either one could win and i could care less who did....it wouldnt prove anything..both guys have made great movies.

we dont know bruce lee's pain tolerance...just like we dont know mjw's....michael jai white could throw one mean punch but have a glass chin.

bunch of puss!es in this thread.smh

Dunno who would win, but boxing doesn't count cuz you can't kick people in the knees. Bruce could just duck in and out and smash him in the leg. The way fights seem to go down with guys who are on god lvl isn't where they face off or grapple, it's more of a get in and out exchange. Whoever did more damage would win. Bruce Lee as the greatest is dubious, but it sounds like you guys are saying even if he was he'd still get rolled cuz size. I disagree especially when you can hit pressure points and all. The key would be, as I said, getting in, taking a little punishment and causing srs dmg. I think it might break out more to luck. Or random opportunity.

-Smak

miggyme1
01-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Dunno who would win, but boxing doesn't count cuz you can't kick people in the knees. Bruce could just duck in and out and smash him in the leg. The way fights seem to go down with guys who are on god lvl isn't where they face off or grapple, it's more of a get in and out exchange. Whoever did more damage would win. Bruce Lee as the greatest is dubious, but it sounds like you guys are saying even if he was he'd still get rolled cuz size. I disagree especially when you can hit pressure points and all. The key would be, as I said, getting in, taking a little punishment and causing srs dmg. I think it might break out more to luck. Or random opportunity.

-Smak

i agree. u can tell ish is populated by people under 14. if somebody weighs 10 more pounds than u.........u better run cuz u gonna get your butt kicked.lmao

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

KobesFinger
01-09-2015, 04:27 PM
i agree. u can tell ish is populated by people under 14. if somebody weighs 10 more pounds than u.........u better run cuz u gonna get your butt kicked.lmao

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

We're not talking 10, we're talking 90-100. And as others have mentioned, MJW can fight, he isn't some big scrub. He knows how to defend himself and his knees/legs, plus with his reach advantage its going to be difficult for Lee to actually get inside.

miggyme1
01-09-2015, 04:59 PM
We're not talking 10, we're talking 90-100. And as others have mentioned, MJW can fight, he isn't some big scrub. He knows how to defend himself and his knees/legs, plus with his reach advantage its going to be difficult for Lee to actually get inside.

who said mjw was a scrub????

u bring up reach like they gonna be boxing....are mjw and bruce lee boxers or martial artists? last i checked they are both pretty good at using their hands AND LEGS.

i was being sarcastic about the 10 pounds....in case u didnt catch that. its still absurd to just assume that bigger means better or advantage....im guessing mjw would get crushed by someone that can fight thats over 7 feet just because in that fight mjw would be at a disadvantage length and weight wise.smh...

TheReal Kendall
01-11-2015, 07:32 AM
who said mjw was a scrub????

u bring up reach like they gonna be boxing....are mjw and bruce lee boxers or martial artists? last i checked they are both pretty good at using their hands AND LEGS.

i was being sarcastic about the 10 pounds....in case u didnt catch that. its still absurd to just assume that bigger means better or advantage....im guessing mjw would get crushed by someone that can fight thats over 7 feet just because in that fight mjw would be at a disadvantage length and weight wise.smh...

You think reach doesn't matter in martial arts??? Reach matters in any type of fight.

I'm a big fan of both and if I had to bet money I would go with MJW. I honestly feel like Bruce Lee gets overrated a lot now. People act like he's some god or something and this is coming from someone who grew up worshiping the guy.

miggyme1
01-11-2015, 06:06 PM
You think reach doesn't matter in martial arts??? Reach matters in any type of fight.

I'm a big fan of both and if I had to bet money I would go with MJW. I honestly feel like Bruce Lee gets overrated a lot now. People act like he's some god or something and this is coming from someone who grew up worshiping the guy.

i dont consider bruce lee a god...i respect him tho. yea reach matters.......if you a novice fighter...also in mike tysons prime he was always matched up against fighters who had longer reaches than him and what did iron mike do to them?

i think having a longer reach is overblown because the longer your reach the slower or the more distance your arms have to travel to get back in a defensive stance....so if you are quick as hell which tyson and bruce lee were,u have time to get close and do damage. im not even gonna post vids of tyson boxing because u guys should know this stuff.

all im saying is...DONT COUNT BRUCE LEE OUT. i think it would be a great fight. i think mjw would have the power and length advantage but bruce lee would be way quicker and more agile and have a far superior vertical.....which is VERY important in martial arts.

TheReal Kendall
01-12-2015, 03:05 AM
i dont consider bruce lee a god...i respect him tho. yea reach matters.......if you a novice fighter...also in mike tysons prime he was always matched up against fighters who had longer reaches than him and what did iron mike do to them?

i think having a longer reach is overblown because the longer your reach the slower or the more distance your arms have to travel to get back in a defensive stance....so if you are quick as hell which tyson and bruce lee were,u have time to get close and do damage. im not even gonna post vids of tyson boxing because u guys should know this stuff.

all im saying is...DONT COUNT BRUCE LEE OUT. i think it would be a great fight. i think mjw would have the power and length advantage but bruce lee would be way quicker and more agile and have a far superior vertical.....which is VERY important in martial arts.

Dude Tyson's trainers trained him to get inside because they knew he would be at a disadvantage against taller people.

I'm not counting Bruce out but I feel like the size and weight difference is a big deal when both fighters are trained to fight.

dunksby
01-12-2015, 03:36 AM
Man MJW is one tough mfer, talks smack about a dead guy.

TheReal Kendall
01-12-2015, 04:35 AM
Man MJW is one tough mfer, talks smack about a dead guy.

He just answered a question though. He didn't disrespect him or anything.

miggyme1
01-12-2015, 04:37 AM
Dude Tyson's trainers trained him to get inside because they knew he would be at a disadvantage against taller people.

I'm not counting Bruce out but I feel like the size and weight difference is a big deal when both fighters are trained to fight.

so bruce lee cant be trained to do the same or doesnt have the IQ? and u gotta remember bruce lee will be able to use his legs...boxing is just fists....THINK ABOUT IT.

ThePhantomCreep
01-12-2015, 04:45 AM

Tyson (5'11") was also rarely outweighed by more than 10-15lbs. When he KO'ed Berbick for the title, he weighed as much as Foreman (6'4") did for the Rumble in the Jungle.

MJW in contrast, has an 80lbs advantage in this matchup, an enormous difference between comparably skilled fighters.

dunksby
01-12-2015, 05:16 AM
He just answered a question though. He didn't disrespect him or anything.
He could have just answered I'd not know or there is no way to know for sure but I guess the format of the show was to get a reply out of him.

TheReal Kendall
01-12-2015, 10:01 AM
so bruce lee cant be trained to do the same or doesnt have the IQ? and u gotta remember bruce lee will be able to use his legs...boxing is just fists....THINK ABOUT IT.

I don't understand what you're saying cause MJW is also trained to use his legs too.

I was just showing you how your example with Tyson was kinda flawed.

He could have just answered I'd not know or there is no way to know for sure but I guess the format of the show was to get a reply out of him.

True but if someone asked you if you could beat "such and such" in a game of basketball you would most likely say you can if you feel that you have an advantage over said person.

dunksby
01-12-2015, 10:58 AM
I don't understand what you're saying cause MJW is also trained to use his legs too.

True but if someone asked you if you could beat "such and such" in a game of basketball you would most likely say you can if you feel that you have an advantage over said person.
None of them can be considered pro athletes through, Bruce Lee movies > MJW movies. :lol

glidedrxlr22
01-12-2015, 11:27 AM
Tyson (5'11") was also rarely outweighed by more than 10-15lbs. When he KO'ed Berbick for the title, he weighed as much as Foreman (6'4") did for the Rumble in the Jungle.

MJW in contrast, has an 80lbs advantage in this matchup, an enormous difference between comparably skilled fighters.

Whatchu talkin about? MJW is Tyson.

http://a2.tvspielfilm.de/imedia/8242/1828242,mImnab2HXXN3UIAbLZQw3fOn7LyxpEH+PoF7QOkkNf qysPlOOE31IPnRLZjIL4nkQtNwThptju2fS2dDF5_t6Q==.jpg

raiderfan19
01-12-2015, 11:40 AM
If you are going to list an actor as an all time great martial artist, chuck Norris makes more sense than lee

miggyme1
01-12-2015, 12:16 PM

DUH!!!! when did i say mjw cant use his legs??? READ

and how is it flawed...are u saying bruce less cant be trained or doesnt have the IQ? ANSWER THAT

im still seeing people stuck on weight.....like weight is suppose to trump everything.....it trumps skill,it trumps intelligence.....weight trumps all.LMAO

now we comparing fighting to a game of basketball.smh..im done here

ThePhantomCreep
01-12-2015, 07:47 PM
DUH!!!! when did i say mjw cant use his legs??? READ

and how is it flawed...are u saying bruce less cant be trained or doesnt have the IQ? ANSWER THAT

im still seeing people stuck on weight.....like weight is suppose to trump everything.....it trumps skill,it trumps intelligence.....weight trumps all.LMAO

now we comparing fighting to a game of basketball.smh..im done here

There's a reasons fighting organizations separate fighters by weight classes. Not height, not reach, but weight. It matters a lot.