PDA

View Full Version : Players you feel could reclaim their careers

Jasper
01-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Many players due to age , physical disabilities , mental disabilities , seem to not go over the edge and be the player that they should or could of become.
Many showed a spark , then after money or one thing or another lost that edge and show no spark of who they are : in other words a shell of themselves.

Who do you think can reclaim their careers and make their team a better team ??

I'll start-
The recent trade of JR Smith.
The guy had on ball defense , and other than protecting the lane , was not a bad defender. His cred from school grounds to school ball had him play with a chip on his shoulder.
Some guys play emotionally , and this guy is all about it.
Playing for NY was a home coming , but he was always a 3 - 4th option.
But he could load up the basket with tons of hot streak shooting that helped his team.
Moving to Cav's , I hope and I think will reclaim his career.
The key is the coach needs to allow a player of Smith's character to play some minutes when he isn't effective to allow him to get into the flow of the game.
I remember this guy taking it to the rake and making 3 point plays.
I'm for one that hopes his career gets on track.

Who's your player and why ?

riseagainst
01-07-2015, 12:08 PM
inb4 Lebron

Eric Cartman
01-07-2015, 12:10 PM
Lance Stephenson once he gets out of Charlotte.

Velocirap31
01-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Michael Redd? Gilbert Arenas?

Im so nba'd out
01-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Brook Lopez
Lance Stevenson

Haymaker
01-07-2015, 12:29 PM
Lance Stephenson once he gets out of Charlotte.

True. I refuse to believe that he's that bad. Dude is a triple double machine.

chocolatethunder
01-07-2015, 12:33 PM
True. I refuse to believe that he's that bad. Dude is a triple double machine.
well believe it because that's the reality. He's not particularly good at anything. He can pass a little and score a little and rebound a little and he's got a poor attitude.

Haymaker
01-07-2015, 12:36 PM
well believe it because that's the reality. He's not particularly good at anything. He can pass a little and score a little and rebound a little and he's got a poor attitude.

The attitude is a valid point and yeah, he's not the greatest scorer but he's a good rebounder for his size and is an excellent passer.

chocolatethunder
01-07-2015, 01:17 PM
The attitude is a valid point and yeah, he's not the greatest scorer but he's a good rebounder for his size and is an excellent passer.
Excellent is taking things a little too far. He's a decent passer no doubt but he's not some mindblowing passer. He's better than average for his position. In 35 min in his best year he averaged a little less than 5 assists and turned the ball over almost three times a game. He's a really good rebounder for his size. He's not worth the money nor the trouble to many teams. Although he passes, he can be selfish and he also makes some really stupid decisions. This will be his last decent contract if I had to guess.

Levity
01-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Larry Sanders. but who knows what the fck is going on with him.

Eric Cartman
01-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Call me a romantic, but I still believe in Lance.

QuebecBaller
01-07-2015, 01:26 PM
No faith in D-Will?

chocolatethunder
01-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Call me a romantic, but I still believe in Lance.
You're a romantic. I'm not sure what there is to believe in. He's kind of like Evan Turner. He reboinds well for his size and passes better than others but there's not much more going on. If you're into PER you'll see that his isn't any good. He fools you into thinking he's good kind of like Turner does. Each of them has only had one good year. I don't see it. He's a bonehead and he's not talented enough to excuse him being a bonehead.

HOoopCityJones
01-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Anyone one of the guys mentioned above could become feel good turnaround stories , like Tyson Chandler or Zach Randolph. Who used to be a running joke in this league before a stint with the Clips, then finally settling in Memphis.

JR is trash tho.

VengefulAngel
01-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Blake Griffin, not that there is much to reclaim but I still think this decline in production is temporary.

Must admit I did the change the question though ^^

Mr. Jabbar
01-07-2015, 02:41 PM
No faith in D-Will?

F no.

glidedrxlr22
01-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Evan Turner
Eric Gordon

Imtheman
01-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Dwight Howard

Jasper
01-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Larry Sanders. but who knows what the fck is going on with him.
interesting you brought him up.
I will never forget how he , in front of the Milwaukee media , said he would and felt he needs to give his life to the Bucks for the chance to play on the big stage.
Next year he was smoking up , and dissin' the same team that drafted him , and gave him a great contract.

It's possible he might be on the move before the trade deadline.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12130977/larry-sanders-rejoins-milwaukee-bucks-6-game-absence :pimp:

qrich
01-07-2015, 07:52 PM
The first two that popped into my head were already posted with Eric Gordon and Brook Lopez.

Another guy I think, though he was never a big guy, is Steve Novak. He was great with the Clips, overhyped in New York, but not playing much, I don't think, anymore. Dude could be a better Kyle Korver in the right role.

Craig Smith, as a free agent, is another I'd like to see get another shot.

YouGotServed
01-07-2015, 07:54 PM
Durant, Wade, Love.

chocolatethunder
01-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Evan Turner
Eric Gordon
what you see is what you get with him. Doug Collins ruined him so it's not all his fault but he is exactly what you see. A guy who will have a good game every now and then and trick you into thinking he's better than he is. He's not. He's an awesome rebounder and passer for his size/position but that's about it. Not a good defender not a good shooter and he is only effective when he has the ball. He has an unrealistic view of himself and isn't a good team guy. When he scored a bunch in philly that was just because they gave him the green light. He's not an awful player he's just ok. Hell average 8-12 pts for the next six years but if you're looking for something more or something to warrant being the second pick in the draft, well that died when Doug Collins made him his whipping boy. Similar to what Collins and Jordan did to Kwame Brown or what Larry Brown did to Darko. All of them could have been better that what they were/are but the reality is they are who they and there's no going backwards.