PDA

View Full Version : Mozgov guarantees the Cavs the ECF

Kidbasketball20
01-07-2015, 05:30 PM
He is the perfect fit for their team

Him and Shumpert is enough to make the Cavs a lockdown defensive presence from now until the playoffs

I was sold on the Cavs when they got Shump and JR, but now I'm almost ready to proclaim them NBA finals bound.

VengefulAngel
01-07-2015, 05:32 PM
This thread is so bad. This team will get to the ECF but not because of these trades. There is this guy in Cleveland who is almost a lock for an ECF berth nearly every year.

Kidbasketball20
01-07-2015, 05:34 PM
This thread is so bad. This team will get to the ECF but not because of these trades. There is this guy in Cleveland who is almost a lock for an ECF berth nearly every year.

They weren't getting to the ECF with that team before getting Shump and Mozgov PURELY because of their defense problems.

LBJ is not the LBJ of the Miami years. He's clearly past his prime where he was a lock for MVP virtually every season.

JohnMax
01-07-2015, 05:36 PM
2/6

COnDEMnED
01-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Not sure if serious or epic troll thread. Will withhold judgment until further examination.

Kidbasketball20
01-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Not sure if serious or epic troll thread. Will withhold judgment until further examination.

Huge Mozgov fan. I'm not sure if it's LeBron or the GM, but these are brilliant moves if they want to be a top tier defensive team.

Smook A.
01-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Definitely doesn't guarantee them that. Cavs are certainly a better team with Mozgov as their center, but IMO the Bulls, Wizards, Hawks, and Raptors are still better. Any of those 4 teams have a good chance to beat the Cavaliers in a 7 game series.

IncarceratedBob
01-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Getting rid of Dion Waiters alone enough guarantees them a ECF berth. He's a worthless piece of shit, Cavs got way better once they eliminated him from their roster.

VengefulAngel
01-07-2015, 05:50 PM
They weren't getting to the ECF with that team before getting Shump and Mozgov PURELY because of their defense problems.

LBJ is not the LBJ of the Miami years. He's clearly past his prime where he was a lock for MVP virtually every season.

I'm still holding out until he returns from this injury break. But if he's the Lebron we've seen so far this season then you are totally right.

chocolatethunder
01-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Huge Mozgov fan. I'm not sure if it's LeBron or the GM, but these are brilliant moves if they want to be a top tier defensive team.
If they could only get Lin they'd guarantee themselves a trip to the finals.

Hey Yo

Him and Shumpert is enough to make the Cavs a lockdown defensive presence from now until the playoffs

I was sold on the Cavs when they got Shump and JR, but now I'm almost ready to proclaim them NBA finals bound.
:rolleyes: dumb

Lebron23
Definitely doesn't guarantee them that. Cavs are certainly a better team with Mozgov as their center, but IMO the Bulls, Wizards, Hawks, and Raptors are still better. Any of those 4 teams have a good chance to beat the Cavaliers in a 7 game series.

Playoffs are a different ball game. I put my money on the cav$ beating those teams in a best of 7 series.

atljonesbro
01-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Playoffs are a different ball game. I put my money on the cav$ beating those teams in a best of 7 series.
I have when people just say that blanket statement "they can beat them in a 7 game series" without having any evidence at all

Kidbasketball20
01-07-2015, 06:11 PM

They can beat any of those teams in a 7 game series. The only team that may cause problems is the Raptors.

Dengness9
01-07-2015, 06:22 PM
They can beat any of those teams in a 7 game series. The only team that may cause problems is the Raptors.

The Raptors not the Bulls?

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/not-sure-if-getting-older-or-kids-today-are-retarded.jpg

Smook A.
01-07-2015, 06:27 PM
If you think the Raptors can cause problems, then so can the Hawks, Wizards, and especially the Bulls.

Hawks have a nice frontcourt with Millsap and Horford. Mozgov would obviously guard Horford, who's a pretty good player. He could give Mozgov problems. Millsap would destory Love. Hawks' PG, Jeff Teague, is a really nice player and Kyrie could definitely have troubles guarding him. Korver can light the Cavs' defense up with his 3's. Bulls also have a good frontcourt. Pau Gasol will molest Kevin Love. Derrick Rose is still really quick and will take advantage of Kyrie guarding him. Jimmy Butler has just been amazing this year. He's a great defender, and judging from the past, I won't be surprised if he slows down LeBron. Plus, with his improvement on the offensive end, the Bulls are an even scarier team.

Wizards can also be a dangerous matchup for the Cavs. Any of those 4 teams (Raps, Wiz, Hawks, and Bulls) have a chance to beat Cleveland in a playoff series. If you think otherwise, then you're just really stupid. Yeah, acquiring Mozgov does improve the Cavs' defense... but he won't fix all their defensive issues.

VengefulAngel
01-07-2015, 06:30 PM
If you think the Raptors can cause problems, then so can the Hawks, Wizards, and especially the Bulls.

Hawks have a nice frontcourt with Millsap and Horford. Mozgov would obviously guard Horford, who's a pretty good player. He could give Mozgov problems. Millsap would destory Love. Hawks' PG, Jeff Teague, is a really nice player and Kyrie could definitely have troubles guarding him. Korver can light the Cavs' defense up with his 3's. Bulls also have a good frontcourt. Pau Gasol will molest Kevin Love. Derrick Rose is still really quick and will take advantage of Kyrie guarding him. Jimmy Butler has just been amazing this year. He's a great defender, and judging from the past, I won't be surprised if he slows down LeBron. Plus, with his improvement on the offensive end, the Bulls are a an even scarier team.

Wizards can also be a dangerous matchup for the Cavs. Any of those 4 teams (Raps, Wiz, Hawks, and Bulls) have a chance to beat Cleveland in a playoff series. If you think otherwise, then you're just really stupid. Yeah, acquiring Mozgov does improve the Cavs' defense... but he won't fix all their defensive issues.

Jimmy Buckets vs Lebron is so similar to Paul George vs Lebron... Can't wait.

bluechox2
01-07-2015, 06:31 PM
so when is gm lebron back? does he have other moves to make?

themurph
01-07-2015, 08:15 PM

I can't.....