PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Worse GM/Pres of Basketball Operations

qrich
01-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Than Doc Rivers?

tontoz
01-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Ernie Grunfeld, the Crown Prince of Fail. Mr "Take my money, PLEASE!!!".

L8krH8tr
01-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Knicks still the worst untill Jackson pulls a miracle

I can see the Clippers doing some huge change up next year or 2, Balmer has alot of money so they Clippers may suck untill CP3 is gone or trade. For some reason i dont see them ever trading Blake. They need wing defenders for god sake.

qrich
01-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Knicks still the worst untill Jackson pulls a miracle

I can see the Clippers doing some huge change up next year or 2, Balmer has alot of money so they Clippers may suck untill CP3 is gone or trade. For some reason i dont see them ever trading Blake. They need wing defenders for god sake.

At least Jackson has something that resembles a plan.

Doc overpaid Barnes after a subpar season. Dealt a first to deal a 2 year/8 million contract, and waive the guys in return (I'm sure Phila would've given us a TPE for that), drafted a shooting two guard when we had JJ/Jamal and needed a three, and dealt an athletic young combo guard away due to Farmar's contract.

His coaching is another story, but dude has the team hard cap strapped with glaring glaring holes.

HOoopCityJones
01-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Jim Buss.

Real Men Wear Green
01-07-2015, 07:57 PM
He may have taken on too many responsibilities. Most coaches should just focus on coaching and let someone else worry about the roster. Have his moves been bad though? Thinking about the Clippers I can't think of any important moves they've made since the offseason. Which may be a symptom of Rivers not being able to give the GM duties the focus they deserve while coaching.

L8krH8tr
01-07-2015, 07:59 PM
At least Jackson has something that resembles a plan.

Doc overpaid Barnes after a subpar season. Dealt a first to deal a 2 year/8 million contract, and waive the guys in return (I'm sure Phila would've given us a TPE for that), drafted a shooting two guard when we had JJ/Jamal and needed a three, and dealt an athletic young combo guard away due to Farmar's contract.

His coaching is another story, but dude has the team hard cap strapped with glaring glaring holes.

dont forget the fact that he doesnt really preach hardcore defense, hes relying on DJ getting all the boards and dirty work when they are still pretty much a soft weak team. They have nobody to throw the ball to down low, they are mostly passing the ball untill they find someone hot and lob city. Thats not the formula to win championships. First round exit waiting to happen, really unfortunate the Clippers could of been elite if they knew what they were doing.

qrich
01-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Ernie Grunfeld, the Crown Prince of Fail. Mr "Take my money, PLEASE!!!".

Take my picks and hard cap strap my team isn't far off.

Jim Buss.

Okay, you win.

He may have taken on too many responsibilities. Most coaches should just focus on coaching and let someone else worry about the roster. Have his moves been bad though? Thinking about the Clippers I can't think of any important moves they've made since the offseason. Which may be a symptom of Rivers not being able to give the GM duties the focus they deserve while coaching.

Definitely agree with the first part. This and Dunleavy were perfect examples.

His moves have included dealing a first to dump Dudley, and waive players, costing salary hits anyway. Drafting a two when there were small forward options available and our two spot is stacked. Signing guys and not giving them time to play when those ahead on the depth chart are stinking (Udoh & Cunningham).

We just have no assets left to trade with the first gone in the Dudley fiasco, and he won't give up Bullock nor Wilcox, but won't play them either.

dont forget the fact that he doesnt really preach hardcore defense, hes relying on DJ getting all the boards and dirty work when they are still pretty much a soft weak team. They have nobody to throw the ball to down low, they are mostly passing the ball untill they find someone hot and lob city. Thats not the formula to win championships. First round exit waiting to happen, really unfortunate the Clippers could of been elite if they knew what they were doing.

His coaching is pissing me off as well, but right now, its his gm skills that are :banghead:

Honestly do believe Mike Dunleavy would do much better with this squad. He'd micromanage the defense and let Paul flow the offense, like he did with Sam Cassell

L8krH8tr
01-07-2015, 08:05 PM
He needs to tell Blame to develop some low post moves, maybe Blake should go see Hakeem. Him shooting jump shooters.. IDe rather have David Lee or Kevin Love lol

Levity
01-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Supposedly, he wants to go after Wroten now. does that make him better or worse, in your opinion.

qrich
01-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Supposedly, he wants to go after Wroten now. does that make him better or worse, in your opinion.

Better, Wroten actually plays D, though I'd hate to lose Wilcox as I think he's gonna be a great sixth man down the line. Bullock as well has solid potential, but we have no other assets.

Then again, Doc the Coach'll play Wroten 15 minutes and Barnes 33.

chocolatethunder
01-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Doc is an awesome guy but he's an overrated coach and poor GM.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-07-2015, 09:07 PM
How does Wroten fit in? I thought he plays PG.

Doc has always been overrated. His son is a big douche, too.

SwishSquared
01-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Take my picks and hard cap strap my team isn't far off.

Okay, you win.

Definitely agree with the first part. This and Dunleavy were perfect examples.

His moves have included dealing a first to dump Dudley, and waive players, costing salary hits anyway. Drafting a two when there were small forward options available and our two spot is stacked. Signing guys and not giving them time to play when those ahead on the depth chart are stinking (Udoh & Cunningham).

We just have no assets left to trade with the first gone in the Dudley fiasco, and he won't give up Bullock nor Wilcox, but won't play them either.

His coaching is pissing me off as well, but right now, its his gm skills that are :banghead:

Honestly do believe Mike Dunleavy would do much better with this squad. He'd micromanage the defense and let Paul flow the offense, like he did with Sam Cassell
On the podcast Simmons did with Jalen & Jacoby this week, it was revealed that Doc thought he was getting Marion, which I guess explains his draft decisions and not trying to improve the SF situation via BAE or MLE (and why he chased Hawes so hard, even though offering the full MLE was stupid). Simmons was right in that Doc should have just given Pierce the same deal he got with the Wiz. Would have avoided the hardcap and that would have prevented the move to dump Dudley (hasn't he been decent for the Bucks this year?).

I don't mind exactly taking a flyer on guys like Cunningham or Udoh to round out the bench, but Doc is so fixated on playing vets that some players may never develop properly under him. Wonder who he thinks he can snag to replace Cunningham's spot on the roster. Had he drafted a dude like McDaniels & signed Ed Davis + Brooks to the min, he could have saved the BAE for other purposes either mid-season or next offseason.

CP3-Reddick-Pierce-Griffin-Jordan
Brooks-Crawford-Barnes-Dudley-E. Davis
Cunningham-Bullock-McDaniels-B. Baby-Udoh

Cone
01-07-2015, 09:19 PM
phil in his short tenure so far

got fleeced by dallas HARD