PDA

View Full Version : Is Jeremy Lin the unluckiest player in the NBA?

Kidbasketball20
01-08-2015, 12:32 AM
- Signed with the Rockets thinking he was "the guy"... they trade for Harden one game into the season.
- Harden's game of driving to the basket is nearly identical to Lin's making Lin less valuable to the Rox.
- Has had to deal with two of the worst coaches in the league (McHale and Scott).
- His entire career has always had a ball dominant ball hog on his team (Melo/Harden/Kobe)

Sad.

Cocaine80s
01-08-2015, 12:33 AM
shut the **** up

fpliii
01-08-2015, 12:35 AM
Not trolling at all, two questions for you:

1) What team do you think presents the best situation for Lin right now, in terms of playing time, teammates, and coaching?

2) What other player that you've seen do you think is the best case scenario for Lin?

inclinerator
yes

Doranku
Jeremy Lin is f*cking garbage. He shouldn't even be IN the NBA.

Genaro
01-08-2015, 12:39 AM
No, he is lucky as mfker to get a big contract after a small stretch of games and get to play basketball to live.

inclinerator
01-08-2015, 12:40 AM
No, he is lucky as mfker to get a big contract after a small stretch of games and get to play basketball to live.
apparently he left 100 mill in endorsement, i doubt it tho

Kvnzhangyay
01-08-2015, 12:42 AM

This lol. If you've made the NBA, your not "unlucky"

chocolatethunder
01-08-2015, 12:44 AM
- Signed with the Rockets thinking he was "the guy"... they trade for Harden one game into the season.
- Harden's game of driving to the basket is nearly identical to Lin's making Lin less valuable to the Rox.
- Has had to deal with two of the worst coaches in the league (McHale and Scott).
- His entire career has always had a ball dominant ball hog on his team (Melo/Harden/Kobe)

Sad.

What's sad is that he's spawned a bunch of delusional Asian fans such as yourself. What's the only common denominator in all of his unlucky situations? Him. Why in the world is this guy 9th in all star votes for guards in the west? Delusional Asians like you.

And don't get it twisted. There's no comparison between Lin and Harden. None.

Kidbasketball20
01-08-2015, 12:54 AM
Not trolling at all, two questions for you:

1) What team do you think presents the best situation for Lin right now, in terms of playing time, teammates, and coaching?

2) What other player that you've seen do you think is the best case scenario for Lin?

1) Spurs, Mavs, Pacers.

2) Literally any other All Star. Especially one at PF where he can run the Pick n Roll with. Melo /Harden/Kobe are known as the top ball hoggers in the league.

Kidbasketball20
01-08-2015, 12:55 AM
What's sad is that he's spawned a bunch of delusional Asian fans such as yourself. What's the only common denominator in all of his unlucky situations? Him. Why in the world is this guy 9th in all star votes for guards in the west? Delusional Asians like you.

And don't get it twisted. There's no comparison between Lin and Harden. None.

You're really ****ing stupid. Even the Rox media/coaches admitted the reason Bev started was purely because of fit w/ Harden since Harden/Lin had very similar play styles.

You're not delusional, just stupid. :roll:

Magic 32
01-08-2015, 12:55 AM
Can't play but has his own shoes.

Lucky.

ronnymac
01-08-2015, 12:58 AM
You're really ****ing stupid. Even the Rox media/coaches admitted the reason Bev started was purely because of fit w/ Harden since Harden/Lin had very similar play styles.

except harden is a million times better at it.

dreamwarrior
01-08-2015, 12:59 AM
He's the 3rd best asian ever to step foot on an NBA court

ronnymac
01-08-2015, 12:59 AM
1) Spurs, Mavs, Pacers.

2) Literally any other All Star. Especially one at PF where he can run the Pick n Roll with. Melo /Harden/Kobe are known as the top ball hoggers in the league.
That is why Harden averages close to 7 assists a game.

inclinerator
01-08-2015, 01:01 AM
He's the 3rd best asian ever to step foot on an NBA court
who's the 2nd?

keep-itreal
01-08-2015, 01:01 AM
dude can't even dribble

Shih508
01-08-2015, 01:03 AM
Jeremy Lin is f*cking garbage. He shouldn't even be IN the NBA.

Jeremy Lin might not be an elite player but he's definitely better than Kobe if giving same opportunity Kobe has for this season

fpliii
01-08-2015, 01:05 AM
1) Spurs, Mavs, Pacers.

In #2 I meant, what kind of career would you project for Lin, that you've seen from other players. That is to say, who do you think he would play like in his prime, best case scenario?

chocolatethunder
01-08-2015, 01:14 AM

Haha yeah ok. Let's see Harden is leading the league in scoring at 27ppg and Lin is at 10. No, there's no comparison.

KungFuJoe
01-08-2015, 01:16 AM
Op. From one Lin fan to another. Please stop.

chocolatethunder
01-08-2015, 01:18 AM
Op. From one Lin fan to another. Please stop.
He makes all you Asians look bad.

sammichoffate
01-08-2015, 01:19 AM
He makes all you Asians look bad.Tell me about it :rolleyes:

KungFuJoe
01-08-2015, 01:21 AM
He makes all you Asians look bad.

I'm only half Asian.

chocolatethunder
01-08-2015, 01:26 AM
I'm only half Asian.
Then I guess he's makkng half of you look bad.

Kidbasketball20
01-08-2015, 01:28 AM
In #2 I meant, what kind of career would you project for Lin, that you've seen from other players. That is to say, who do you think he would play like in his prime, best case scenario?

He plays most like Dragic or Lowry (coincidentally both were deemed not good enough under McHale in Houston).

chocolatethunder
01-08-2015, 01:30 AM
He plays most like Dragic or Lowry (coincidentally both were deemed not good enough under McHale in Houston).
You need to get into therapy immediately.

KungFuJoe
01-08-2015, 01:33 AM

He plays like neither of them. He plays like no other player I've seen. I see him on the court and I feel like I could ball him up. Then he drops 38. At least he did before. That was his appeal. I'm watching this guy that might not even start on my fast action team and he's balling up guys like Deron Williams, Parker, Westbrook.

But he's lost it. Somewhere. He lost IT.

magnax1
01-08-2015, 01:39 AM
He just kind of sucks. The Lakers aren't even close to a situation where he is not capable of getting the ball enough if he could produce. He can't produce. He's a good bench player offensively, but is a complete cancer on defense.

gts
01-08-2015, 01:45 AM
He plays like neither of them. He plays like no other player I've seen. I see him on the court and I feel like I could ball him up. Then he drops 38. At least he did before. That was his appeal. I'm watching this guy that might not even start on my fast action team and he's balling up guys like Deron Williams, Parker, Westbrook.

But he's lost it. Somewhere. He lost IT.

he is who he is... he needs to learn to play within himself take what the game gives him and stop trying to be linsanity every time he steps on the floor because what ever that was it's long gone

he has some skills but he doesn't seem to know how utilize them and once the ball is out of his hands he seems lost...

maybe they should move him to SG and teach him to play off ball more intelligently because as a PG he's really not doing anyone any favors

Cocaine80s
01-08-2015, 01:46 AM
Lin is mentally weak.

He needs to retire for a few years and come back when hes 30.

sammichoffate
01-08-2015, 01:49 AM
Byron needs to start Clarkson over him if this keeps up :facepalm

Kidbasketball20
01-08-2015, 01:50 AM
Lin is mentally weak.

He needs to retire for a few years and come back when hes 30.

His one significant weakness is his mental game.

When he plays confident he's unstoppable.

Kobe obviously doesn't help his mental game at all.

oarabbus
01-08-2015, 02:08 AM
OP stop making Lin threads jesus ****ing christ just stop

tgan3
01-08-2015, 02:10 AM
He is damm rich, has a net worth of $160 million. Sure is lucky in my eyes.

Springsteen
01-08-2015, 02:14 AM
I honestly think he would be perfect for the Spurs, considering his skillset. He plays defense about as well as Tony and Manu too.

inclinerator
01-08-2015, 02:15 AM
He is damm rich, has a net worth of $160 million. Sure is lucky in my eyes.
where the hell did u get 160 million

tgan3
01-08-2015, 03:22 AM
where the hell did u get 160 million

I cant remember where I read it, but it says he has open a chain of restaurants and also makes alot of stock investments, he also make a chunk of dough through sponsorships/endorsement deals etc...

oarabbus
01-08-2015, 03:27 AM
I cant remember where I read it, but it says he has open a chain of restaurants and also makes alot of stock investments, he also make a chunk of dough through sponsorships/endorsement deals etc...

lol no dude... that's ridiculous

You probably read this article http://www.forbes.com/sites/thestreet/2012/02/17/jeremy-lin-the-170-million-man/

It has to do with how Linsanity bumped up MSG stock, not how much Lin is worth.

Durant is worth $33million according to Forbes so no way Lin is worth $160 mil,

http://www.forbes.com/profile/kevin-durant/

tgan3
01-08-2015, 03:34 AM
lol no dude... that's ridiculous

You probably read this article http://www.forbes.com/sites/thestreet/2012/02/17/jeremy-lin-the-170-million-man/

It has to do with how Linsanity bumped up MSG stock, not how much Lin is worth.

Durant is worth $33million according to Forbes so no way Lin is worth $160 mil,

http://www.forbes.com/profile/kevin-durant/

Even then hes still worth millions over and he is richer than 99.99% of people his age, so yeah he's very lucky.

Sharmer
01-08-2015, 06:10 AM
Right now Lin> Kobe.

KungFuJoe
01-08-2015, 06:30 AM
I know a lot of people call him a scrub he doesn't belong in the league etc...but with all his faults and confidence issues he's still averaging 11/5/3 on 44% shooting. It's not great but these would be excellent backup PG numbers on any team considering the limited minutes he's been getting. His production hasn't slowed down.

He can learn to play better D. He's got size and quickness. He has the tools.

T_L_P
01-08-2015, 06:37 AM
I honestly think he would be perfect for the Spurs, considering his skillset. He plays defense about as well as Tony and Manu too.

He's considerably better than Tony.

He's noticeably worse than Manu.

Lebron23
01-08-2015, 06:44 AM
He's the luckiest player in NBA History.

Bigsmoke
01-08-2015, 06:53 AM
The Rockets and Lakers are unlucky to have him.

He gave the Blazers game 4

Bandito
01-08-2015, 06:56 AM
Jeremy Lin might not be an elite player but he's definitely better than Kobe if giving same opportunity Kobe has for this season
Rent free