PDA

View Full Version : What would the cavs have traded for Tyson Chandler

christian1923
01-08-2015, 07:24 PM
??

If Clveland gave away 2 first round picks for a Mosgov what would they have given up if Phil Jackson Kept chandler till the deadline :(

Or from GS? Okc?

hawkfan
01-08-2015, 07:37 PM
??

If Clveland gave away 2 first round picks for a euro what would they have given up if Phil Jackson Kept chandler till the deadline :(

Or from GS? Okc?

Excellent question.
If they had Chandler, another 4 more wins at least.

Uncle Drew
01-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Excellent question.
If they had Chandler, another 4 more wins at least.
That wasn't the question.

christian1923
01-08-2015, 07:42 PM
That wasn't the question.
Knicks probably could have gotten Thompson & filler & the 2 first rounds

Springsteen
01-08-2015, 08:04 PM
B-but Phil Jackson FLEECED the Mavs! We didn't need to keep Tyson! He had no value! Basketball genius! Why else would he have to go on twitter to defend the trade? :lol

Sarcastic
01-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Knicks probably could have gotten Thompson & filler & the 2 first rounds

That's a pretty huge filler considering that Tyson makes like 7x what Mozgov makes.

Tyson was moved so that Felton could be unloaded as well. He played like shit last year too. His value has increased because he is playing well now. Hindsight is 20/20.

christian1923
01-08-2015, 08:18 PM
That's a pretty huge filler considering that Tyson makes like 7x what Mozgov makes.

Tyson was moved so that Felton could be unloaded as well. He played like shit last year too. His value has increased because he is playing well now. Hindsight is 20/20.
True, but chandlers value would have been high regardless.

He's healthy
He's a center who rim protects
he's an expiring contract

It's irks me that Denver got 2 first rounders for mosgov and we got no picks

RedBlackAttack
01-08-2015, 08:21 PM

He's healthy

He's also 32, while Mozgov is 28. Add to that, he's on a contract that pays him for what he is at his best, while Mozgov has an incredibly team-friendly contract. And, then there's the Blatt connection with Mozgov.

Chandler has maybe a couple good seasons left in him... maybe.

I doubt he'd be worth all that much on the open market.

christian1923
01-08-2015, 09:03 PM
He's also 32, while Mozgov is 28. Add to that, he's on a contract that pays him for what he is at his best, while Mozgov has an incredibly team-friendly contract. And, then there's the Blatt connection with Mozgov.

Chandler has maybe a couple good seasons left in him... maybe.

I doubt he'd be worth all that much on the open market.
You don't think he'd be worth more now then in the offseason when all we got was Dalembert, Calderon, and Larkin?

It'd probably have to be a three team trade that I'm not creative enough to come up with myself

OnFire
01-08-2015, 09:08 PM

He's healthy

Unless the Spurs call Phil Jackson and tell him who to pick, those picks aren't going to be likely worth anything.

christian1923
01-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Unless the Spurs call Phil Jackson and tell him who to pick, those picks aren't going to be likely worth anything.
Theyre still assets, it's not like the cavs are a 60 win team

OnFire
01-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Theyre still assets, it's not like the cavs are a 60 win team

They are worth so little that teams lose on purpose to not have to get those picks and give away players to get rid of them so they dont have to waste 800k in salary on that draft slot.

Cheer up :)

Cone
01-08-2015, 09:17 PM
B-but Phil Jackson FLEECED the Mavs! We didn't need to keep Tyson! He had no value! Basketball genius! Why else would he have to go on twitter to defend the trade? :lol

haha no joke. mavs absolutely fleeced the knicks

they gave up a 11/12 center with elite defense for ellington (waived), dalembert (waived), calderon (looking to trade) :oldlol:

Fleeced. Good job Cuban!

christian1923
01-08-2015, 09:23 PM
They are worth so little that teams lose on purpose to not have to get those picks and give away players to get rid of them so they dont have to waste 800k in salary on that draft slot.

Cheer up :)
Whatre you talking about dude

niko
01-08-2015, 09:31 PM
We dumped Tyson also to be worse this year. Knicks fans wanted us to keep Tyson, but they don't want the extra wins. We've become this myopic impatient fanbase, we might as well become Nets fans. Everything is taken in a vacuum.

Tyson's older, had 1 less year on deal, and makes twice as much as Mozgov. But i'm sure he'd have the same value, because if he didn't, why bitch?

christian1923
01-08-2015, 09:36 PM
We dumped Tyson also to be worse this year. Knicks fans wanted us to keep Tyson, but they don't want the extra wins. We've become this myopic impatient fanbase, we might as well become Nets fans. Everything is taken in a vacuum.

Tyson's older, had 1 less year on deal, and makes twice as much as Mozgov. But i'm sure he'd have the same value, because if he didn't, why bitch?
Not 1 first round pick for chandler... Absolutly zero value

Not 1

Mosgov GOT TWO!!

I have faith in Phil but that was a god awful trade. I'm just being honest.

christian1923
01-08-2015, 09:37 PM
[B]We dumped Tyson also to be worse this year. /B] Knicks fans wanted us to keep Tyson, but they don't want the extra wins. We've become this myopic impatient fanbase, we might as well become Nets fans. Everything is taken in a vacuum.

You think so?

I'm pretty sure phil had playoff expectations this season.

Magic731
01-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Not 1 first round pick for chandler... Absolutly zero value

Not 1

Mosgov GOT TWO!!

I have faith in Phil but that was a god awful trade. I'm just being honest.
It's an awful trade now looking back. How was Phil gonna know that the Cavs would be so desperate for rim protection that they would give up 2 first rounders for Mozgov?