PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Carter ruined support for the Hawks

hawkfan
01-08-2015, 07:37 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/09/when_jimmy_carter_ginned_up_ra.html

Playing the race card and ruining the chance of support for the Hawks.

Droid101
01-08-2015, 07:39 PM
What a terrible article. American Thinker is an awful source.

Also, 45 years ago.

1 starred.

hawkfan
01-08-2015, 07:40 PM

Also, 45 years ago.

1 starred.

Terrible source, but this is mentioned on the ESPN article.
Nevertheless, this is a big legacy that unfortunately has never been changed - that basketball is not for white Georgians.

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2015, 08:10 PM
The photo would be an attack on Carl Sanders not the Hawks. He probably couldn't care less about the Hawks, like everyone else in Atlanta since forever.

atljonesbro
01-08-2015, 08:19 PM
The photo would be an attack on Carl Sanders not the Hawks. He probably couldn't care less about the Hawks, like everyone else in Atlanta since forever.
Aren't mods not supposed to troll?

oarabbus
01-08-2015, 08:33 PM

Mods are allowed to state facts. If he said "The Knicks are god awful and the worst team in the league" it would not be trolling. Trolling is being facetious, not stating facts.

atljonesbro
01-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Mods are allowed to state facts. If he said "The Knicks are god awful and the worst team in the league" it would not be trolling. Trolling is being facetious, not stating facts.
He's doing it on purpose to make Hawks fans mad. Trolling. People have called me a troll all year for stating things that actually turned out to be true about the Hawks.

Hey Yo
01-08-2015, 08:38 PM

Also, 45 years ago.

1 starred.
:roll:

neg master Droid can't neg, so 1 starred instead to sleep better.

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Aren't men not supposed to whine?

Droid101
01-08-2015, 08:51 PM

neg master Droid can't neg, so 1 starred instead to sleep better.

I generally do both. I guess you could say Jeff is saving me time.

Thanks ISH!

sportjames23
01-08-2015, 09:02 PM

Ether

hawkfan
01-08-2015, 09:12 PM

It was an attack on the Hawks as being too black - playing the race card.
Why can't you see that?

hawkfan
01-08-2015, 09:13 PM

Dude is salty about the Hawks being no. 1.

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2015, 09:24 PM
It was an attack on the Hawks as being too black - playing the race card.
Why can't you see that?
This is some exceptionally poor reading comprehension. Bordering on dementia. Carter was running for governor. Assuming the story is true, why would he run an attack ad on a sports team? The Hawks were not the target. It probably was a dirty attempt to benefit off of racist attitudes in Georgia voters by showing his opponent hanging out with black people.

Or possibly Carter was trying to blame his opponent for the Hawks being in Atlanta...

Richesly
01-08-2015, 09:42 PM
RMWG is one of the clueless basketball fans who had us missing the playoffs or getting just there. He is mad salty with a side of extra pepper about us being the best, while his celtics can't even beat the lottery.

Richesly
01-08-2015, 09:43 PM
He does not deserve to be mod because he lets his personal feelings override his status. RBA is a great mod, and I think All Net still is? But RMWG is terrible at being a mod. He can be a good poster though.

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2015, 09:54 PM
RMWG is one of the clueless basketball fans who had us missing the playoffs or getting just there. He is mad salty with a side of extra pepper about us being the best, while his celtics can't even beat the lottery.
I said the hawks would miss the playoffs? Stupid. I have said I don't think they're one of the best teams in the east. And I'm still not a believer in spite off their current status. That had nothing to do with the Celtics who i have not picked to do anything significant in years.

You can keep trying to get my mod status revoked though. I don't know what that has to do with this Topic but this topic is just the result of an illiterate hawk fan's misunderstanding so that's no big loss.

Richesly
01-08-2015, 10:04 PM
I said the hawks would miss the playoffs? Stupid. I have said I don't think they're one of the best teams in the east. And I'm still not a believer in spite off their current status. That had nothing to do with the Celtics who i have not picked to do anything significant in years.

You can keep trying to get my mod status revoked though. I don't know what that has to do with this Topic but this topic is just the result of an illiterate hawk fan's misunderstanding so that's no big loss.

Care to share some insight on why the Hawks aren't one of the best? Here, I'll start by stating a fact.

The Hawk's last 12 games SOS is the toughest in the league, at .633.

During this span, we are 11-1, which was a loss to the Bucks.

For comparison other teams' records with SOS > .600 over the last 10 games are

Rockets @ .606 5-5

Spurs @ .602 4-6

Lakers @ .608 3-7

Against > .500 opponents we are 11-5 a 69% winning percentage.

the Bulls are 8-5 with a 62% winning percentage

and the GSW are only 7-4 against top teams with a 57% WP

Credit to http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/402518-amazing/ for the info.

So why do you think this team isn't for real? They definitely aren't just hot. No hot streak lasts the whole NBA season and is still called a hot streak.

atljonesbro
01-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Care to share some insight on why the Hawks aren't one of the best? Here, I'll start by stating a fact.

The Hawk's last 12 games SOS is the toughest in the league, at .633.

During this span, we are 11-1, which was a loss to the Bucks.

For comparison other teams' records with SOS > .600 over the last 10 games are

Rockets @ .606 5-5

Spurs @ .602 4-6

Lakers @ .608 3-7

Against > .500 opponents we are 11-5 a 69% winning percentage.

the Bulls are 8-5 with a 62% winning percentage

and the GSW are only 7-4 against top teams with a 57% WP

Credit to http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/402518-amazing/ for the info.

So why do you think this team isn't for real? They definitely aren't just hot. No hot streak lasts the whole NBA season and is still called a hot streak.
He won't respond. He's an ESPN kid more concerned with the status of teams than actual skill. All objective fans understand the hawks are the best.

Richesly
01-08-2015, 10:12 PM
He won't respond. He's an ESPN kid more concerned with the status of teams than actual skill. All objective fans understand the hawks are the best.
People always complain about me and how I am a homer, but I can state facts too. I can win any debate I want when I choose to actually try.

But to be considered a 'good' poster on this board, you have to be like SpecialQue and just spend all day thinking something clever and somewhat funny to say with the sole intention of derailing a thread.

Also, if you hate the Hawks, that makes you an objective poster. If you brag about your own team, then you are not objective I guess.

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2015, 10:14 PM
No superstar. I don't believe that they can get by the Cavs (I still believe in James' abilities) or Wizards 4 out of 7. Bulls will be up there too if Rose can get right by the postseason.

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2015, 10:16 PM
And yet I just responded. Wow. I guess this means you have no idea what you're talking about.

Still laughing at how this stupid topic is suddenly all about me.

Richesly
01-08-2015, 10:21 PM
No superstar. I don't believe that they can get by the Cavs (I still believe in James' abilities) or Wizards 4 out of 7. Bulls will be up there too if Rose can get right by the postseason.

You really are just like ESPN. Teague is ARGUABLY on the same level of Wall.

Last 8 games Teague is averaging 24/8. Teague beat Wall when they matched up as well.

Teague also man handled Damien Lillard, Chris Paul, and other elite PGs.

Teague is right there at superstar level. ESPN just hasn't acknowledged him, and I guess you won't until the media does.

Also, say Teague isn't a superstar. Hawks have 3, maybe 4 players playing at an all star level. How many teams can say that...? Maybe the Bulls. That's it.

You still have yet to state any clear facts or brought out any stats.

Hawks are a top 5 team offensively and a top 10 team defensively... It's a known thing that to do well in the playoffs it's vital to be top 10 in both categories.

Al Horford is back into his 20/10 mode, averaging 17/9 in his last 8 games. Millsap is averaging 19/8 in his last 8.

Come at me, I'm destroying you.

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2015, 10:36 PM
You really are just like ESPN. Teague is ARGUABLY on the same level of Wall.I'm a television sportsd network? Whatever.

Last 8 games Teague is averaging 24/8. Teague beat Wall when they matched up as well.

Teague also man handled Damien Lillard, Chris Paul, and other elite PGs.

Teague is right there at superstar level. ESPN just hasn't acknowledged him, and I guess you won't until the media does.

Also, say Teague isn't a superstar. Hawks have 3, maybe 4 players playing at an all star level. How many teams can say that...? Maybe the Bulls. That's it.

You still have yet to state any clear facts or brought out any stats.

Hawks are a top 5 team offensively and a top 10 team defensively... It's a known thing that to do well in the playoffs it's vital to be top 10 in both categories.

Al Horford is back into his 20/10 mode, averaging 17/9 in his last 8 games. Millsap is averaging 19/8 in his last 8.
You love posting "Last 8 this, last 12 that." Lots of ploayers have good/great stretches. You say the Hawks have "3, maybe 4 players playing at an all star level." Well, lets look at what they've done over the course of the season, which is what the coaches will decide whether or not they will vote them into the ASG. Teague is doing 17 and 7. He's a good player. I think he'll get in the ASG. Superstar? (chuckle). Paul Milsap is getting 17 and 8. So I guess he's probably making it too, the coaches will want to respect ATL's record. Superstar? (chuckle). After them...Horford is at 14 and 6. I don't think there will be any outcry if he doesn't make it. So when you took it to 3 that was a stretch and when you tried for 4? Be real, please.
Come at me, I'm destroying you.Sorry, I have no respect for Kyle Korver's ASG chances. You'll just have to deal with that.

Hotlantadude81
01-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Stupid. I have said I don't think they're one of the best teams in the east. And I'm still not a believer in spite off their current status.

I'll challenge you to back it up with some kind of facts.

Unless they flop in the second half of the season they will at least win 50 games so I don't think you have much (if any) argument.

They might not end up winning the east, but I doubt you can put together an argument that shows that they're not a top 4 team in the conference.

Smoke117
01-08-2015, 10:39 PM
:yaohappy:

atljonesbro
01-08-2015, 10:41 PM
The Hawks don't need a superstar. You are to accustomed to that ugly brand of ISO ball to realize team ball is by far the most effective way to play. Times have changed and you don't wanna adapt.

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2015, 10:41 PM
I'll challenge you to back it up with some kind of facts.

Unless they flop in the second half of the season they will at least win 50 games so I don't think you have much (if any) argument.

They might not end up winning the east, but I doubt you can put together an argument that shows that they're not a top 4 team in the conference.
I didn't say they were out of the top 4. I listed two teams I feel definitely beat them in a series and one team that might. That would be three. I could care less if they win 50 games. You can read up on all of that if you want to.

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2015, 10:43 PM
The Hawks don't need a superstar. You are to accustomed to that ugly brand of ISO ball to realize team ball is by far the most effective way to play. Times have changed and you don't wanna adapt.
You can feel that way if you want to. Personally I can't remember the last time a team without a superstar won it's conference.

longhornfan1234
01-08-2015, 10:44 PM
Worst president in modern day history.

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2015, 10:44 PM
Hey, I'm beating every Hawks fan on the planet in an argument. All 4 of them.

Kblaze8855
01-08-2015, 10:45 PM
I know you have never see a Hawk team accomplish anything if you are under 70 but id still assume it took more than a hot start to get you guys so obnoxious. The Warriors are on pace for 70s wins and their fans are fairly normal and mostly quiet.

You gonna keep up the persecution complex all season?

For the record...not directed at the OP...I assumed this topic was mostly a joke.

I read the article. Jimmy being a politician. Which pretty much means hes a liar....you cant tell people what you really think(good or bad) and get half of them to vote for you.

Richesly
01-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Hey, I'm beating every Hawks fan on the planet in an argument. All 4 of them.

How are you beating me in the argument? Everything you've stated is an opinion, you're not backing it up with facts or stats.

Guess what? Spurs don't have a superstar, and they won the finals last year. Sure, they WERE superstars at one point, but they weren't last season.

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2015, 10:49 PM
How are you beating me in the argument? Everything you've stated is an opinion, you're not backing it up with facts or stats.

Guess what? Spurs don't have a superstar, and they won the finals last year. Sure, they WERE superstars at one point, but they weren't last season.
So Tony Parker was somehow 2nd team All-NBA but not a superstar? OK.

Me: 1

Every Hawks fan on the Planet: 0

atljonesbro
01-08-2015, 10:54 PM
I know you have never see a Hawk team accomplish anything if you are under 70 but id still assume it took more than a hot start to get you guys so obnoxious. The Warriors are on pace for 70s wins and their fans are fairly normal and mostly quiet.

You gonna keep up the persecution complex all season?

For the record...not directed at the OP...I assumed this topic was mostly a joke.

I read the article. Jimmy being a politician. Which pretty much means hes a liar....you cant tell people what you really think(good or bad) and get half of them to vote for you.
This is definitely not just a hot start. How they are winning and the teams they are beating is just how good they are, deal with it. I know it kills you the big markets aren't good but times are changing and you posting utter garbage won't change that. Personal vanderta you have against the hawks

Kblaze8855
01-08-2015, 11:01 PM
You have been predicting the Hawks win the title for 3 years. You told us being realistic was boring...and you would rather be a homer. That says enough about how serious im taking your thoughts.

Richesly
01-08-2015, 11:07 PM
So Tony Parker was somehow 2nd team All-NBA but not a superstar? OK.

Me: 1

Every Hawks fan on the Planet: 0

Tony Parker was not a superstar last season. He was just the best player on the best team in the west, so he made the ALL-NBA squad.

Teague will probably make the 3rd All NBA team.

Hotlantadude81
01-08-2015, 11:14 PM
I didn't say they were out of the top 4. I listed two teams I feel definitely beat them in a series and one team that might. That would be three. I could care less if they win 50 games. You can read up on all of that if you want to.

It seems to me that having home court makes you a top team in a conference.

We're near mid season and Washington has had THREE notable wins all year. Honestly, I'd be more afraid of the Bucks in the playoffs at this point.

I admit that I had them over the Hawks at the start of the season also, but there is little evidence so far that suggest that Washington is better. Sure, they have Wall... But nothing else scares me. Beal is not the great player that people make him out to be as of right now. The rest of their team are role players... Two of them (PP and Nene) are aging. Marcin Gortat is a decent shot blocker (at best) and so I'm not really worried about him.

Toronto is an interesting team... While not blowing the Hawks out, they were able to keep them at arms length in their two previous meetings. They have depth and athletic ability. However, the Hawks have played a lot better since the teams last met. Being honest, teams with ball dominate PG's are not the most successful these days in the playoffs. Toronto is near the middle of the pack in assists, and they don't defend. They're not much better on the boards than the Hawks are either.

They lost in the first round last year to a mediocre Nets team despite being healthy. I question their ability to move the ball around and defend in the playoffs. You can't depend on scoring 108 PPG in the playoffs.

Chicago is probably the best built team in the playoffs if they're healthy. But that is always questionable.... Thibs is also running Butler into the ground this season. We'll see how he plays in the playoffs.

The Hawks sure could lose to these three teams, but I don't see how anyone can say for sure right now.

Kblaze8855
01-08-2015, 11:22 PM
Tony Parker was not a superstar last season. He was just the best player on the best team in the west, so he made the ALL-NBA squad.

Teague will probably make the 3rd All NBA team.

Lillard
Wall
Curry
Harden
Butler
Lowry
Chris Paul
Wade
Kyrie
Klay(if they win 65-70)

Then you have the tossup guys who may or may not round into form and be seen as the guys they used to be in Rondo and Rose.

Thats a good 7 guys to beat out. Maybe wipe out the guys on average teams like Wade...I dont think any of us expect the Cavs to end up a 45 win team.

Hes got a tough road to all nba.

Paul and Al might have it easier.

CelticBaller
01-08-2015, 11:30 PM
Damn

Hotlantadude81
01-08-2015, 11:31 PM
Damn

Yeah, that one was pretty good. :lol

atljonesbro
01-09-2015, 12:38 AM
You have been predicting the Hawks win the title for 3 years. You told us being realistic was boring...and you would rather be a homer. That says enough about how serious im taking your thoughts.
You're avoiding facts and bringing up BS. You're making a terrible argument using this as a front because you're mad the hawks are good. You can say you don't care all you want but when you completely ignore and make excuses all day long you obviously have some issue with them. Get over it and be objective

Droid101
01-09-2015, 12:40 AM
Weird... Hawks are easily the best team in the league... yet Hawk fans are acting like little petulant baby bitches.

I wish they'd all shut up so I can confidently root for the dominant Hawks without feeling like an idiot.

atljonesbro
01-09-2015, 12:56 AM
Weird... Hawks are easily the best team in the league... yet Hawk fans are acting like little petulant baby bitches.

I wish they'd all shut up so I can confidently root for the dominant Hawks without feeling like an idiot.
No kblaze is just a moron who doesn't want to deal with facts and wants to talk about other irrelevant crap.

Richesly
01-09-2015, 01:08 AM
No kblaze is just a moron who doesn't want to deal with facts and wants to talk about other irrelevant crap.
Kblaze isn't the moron tbh, RMWG is the one avoiding a real argument.

atljonesbro
01-09-2015, 01:18 AM
Kblaze isn't the moron tbh, RMWG is the one avoiding a real argument.
Kblaze argument is the 1986 hawks and 2009 hawks failed therefore this one will and will go on about how his cousins were hyping the team up years ago therefore is hyping it up will fail in the end, and you said you'd rather be a homer over a year ago so you're wrong. This guy is literally spewing BS because he can't back a damn thing he's saying. He seriously has no clue what he's even trying to say

Richesly
01-09-2015, 03:03 AM
Kblaze argument is the 1986 hawks and 2009 hawks failed therefore this one will and will go on about how his cousins were hyping the team up years ago therefore is hyping it up will fail in the end, and you said you'd rather be a homer over a year ago so you're wrong. This guy is literally spewing BS because he can't back a damn thing he's saying. He seriously has no clue what he's even trying to say

RMWG is the same way but worse.

RMWG legit thinks he won the argument in this thread by stating an opinion vs my facts.

See what happens when im objective? Not even mods can come up with the argument.

Kblaze8855
01-09-2015, 07:38 AM

You show me a word ive said about the current Hawks not being good...or a prediction I made suggesting it. You cant. Ive pointed out that you..personally...are not to be taken serious. People who tell me they live "that homer life" and hate being realistic are not people im respecting enough to have a real conversation with.

Thats all ive said...and I can prove you said it..and you know I can. So what exactly cant I back up? Something you cant show that I said to begin with?