PDA

View Full Version : How far away are the Knicks?

Knicksfever2010
01-08-2015, 09:33 PM
25% chance of landing Okafor, and if we get him we dont necessarily need to land Gasol, but if we get Gasol. All of a sudden you have Gasol/Melo/Okafor and still have cap room for Durant.

Possibly a #1 overall pick, cap room for almost 2 max free agents and if we trade melo and calderon: room for 3 max guys and dont forget all the trade exeptions Jax was able to acquire via trades. PLUS Amare is extremely valuable as an expiring contract and could fetch us a 1st round draft pick.

To quote Harvey Dent, "The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming"

Le Shaqtus
01-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Durant is not going to the Knicks, if he doesn't stay in OKC he's going to Washington.

MellowYellow
01-08-2015, 09:38 PM
Knicks don't need Durant, they need Leonard or Butler.

Pointguard
01-08-2015, 09:50 PM
25% chance of landing Okafor, and if we get him we dont necessarily need to land Gasol, but if we get Gasol. All of a sudden you have Gasol/Melo/Okafor and still have cap room for Durant.

Possibly a #1 overall pick, cap room for almost 2 max free agents and if we trade melo and calderon: room for 3 max guys and dont forget all the trade exeptions Jax was able to acquire via trades. PLUS Amare is extremely valuable as an expiring contract and could fetch us a 1st round draft pick.

To quote Harvey Dent, "The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming"

I didn't look that deeply in but yeah, that's a possibility. Durant's agent is a NYer. I thought we could have gotten more for Shump and JR though. But I will believe in Phil.

chocolatethunder
01-08-2015, 10:10 PM
3-5 years from being a contender for the ECF. The east is getting better and the Knicks have a long way to go. They're too bad to attract any good free agents and most free agents aren't gonna leave money on the table to go to a losing team like NY with an unproven coach. 3-5 years is realistic.

smoovegittar
01-08-2015, 10:15 PM
It's all speculation until VP gets his players...and whether that happens or not. Thank God for Ranger hockey.

Kiddlovesnets
01-08-2015, 10:15 PM
Well you see, there is a knicks subforum on ISH, and its there for a reason.
:rolleyes:

CHi1PriDe
01-08-2015, 10:19 PM
Well you see, there is a knicks subforum on ISH, and its there for a reason.
:rolleyes:

/thread

smoovegittar
01-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Funny how a team that's tanking gets 4-5 threads a day.

That's about as many as the Bulls. Inneresting...:D

Dengness9
01-08-2015, 11:45 PM
Landing Okafor would be the best outcome.

Free Agency will be tough for the Knicks. Leonard and butler will be matched no matter what. Rondo or Gasol? Maybe 1 goes to Nyc. Durant wont end up there.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-09-2015, 12:04 AM
They're a on point early lottery draft selection and a good free agent signing away from being a 1st/2nd round exit team. Then hope the rookie turns into all-star level and you have a big 3 with some decent role players. Even if the free agency doesn't work out, do what the Lakers are doing with signing for 1 or 2 year deals, and hold out for next year.

Just do not **** up the pick.

Hotlantadude81
01-09-2015, 12:15 AM
3-5 years from being a contender for the ECF. The east is getting better and the Knicks have a long way to go. They're too bad to attract any good free agents and most free agents aren't gonna leave money on the table to go to a losing team like NY with an unproven coach. 3-5 years is realistic.

By the time NY gets there Melo will probably be past his prime.

Budadiiii
01-09-2015, 12:17 AM
I didn't look that deeply in but yeah, that's a possibility. Durant's agent is a NYer. I thought we could have gotten more for Shump and JR though. But I will believe in Phil.
You're even more delusional than I previously thought if you even think there's a possibility that New York WILL EVER get Kevin Durant.

:facepalm

Slow functioning and majorly deluded.