PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the probability of Durant going ringless is?

VengefulAngel
01-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Might be the greatest of all time without a ring, he's had terrible luck with a team which should be contending every year. If this team had a different coach and weren't as unlucky with injuries they could have 3 peated. Starting to get to the same stage as when we were questioning whether Lebron will ever win a ring.

Marchesk
01-08-2015, 10:50 PM
He's 26. If he gets to 30 without a ring on a team that's not a contender, then we can start to worry.

Dengness9
He'll get at least one. He's far too great a player.

retaxis
Might be the greatest of all time without a ring, he's had terrible luck with a team which should be contending every year. If this team had a different coach and weren't as unlucky with injuries they could have 3 peated. Starting to get to the same stage as when we were question whether Lebron will ever win a ring.
Karl Malone is the greatest without a ring. Durant will be happy to finish his career in the same bracket as Reggie miller and Charles Barkley. He is no where near that bracket of wilt/hakeem/lebron yet and most likely never will be.

KNOW1EDGE
01-08-2015, 10:51 PM
I'm confident he won't be winning a championship in Oklahoma City.

He's going to have to go elsewhere.

VengefulAngel
01-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Karl Malone is the greatest without a ring. Durant will be happy to finish his career in the same bracket as Reggie miller and Charles Barkley. He is no where near that bracket of wilt/hakeem/lebron yet and most likely never will be.

New's flash Durant won an MVP whilst LBJ was in his prime. While I still believe Lebron was the better player that year including playoffs, Durant's impact is that of a top 15 player all time...

Thunderfan86
01-08-2015, 10:52 PM
He's going to end up with a ring one way or another. It could possibly be on another team, but he will get one and I will be right there with him. :cheers:

Budadiiii
01-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Why even troll when you suck at it? Boredom? You need a life.

Reggie Miller is no where near Barkley as a player so what's the point? Like I said, get a life dude. It's just pathetic.

MellowYellow
01-08-2015, 10:53 PM
50/50 being great doesn't guarantee you a ring.

Dengness9
01-08-2015, 10:54 PM
He's 26. If he gets to 30 without a ring on a team that's not a contender, then we can start to worry.

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/carmelo-anthony1.jpg

retaxis
01-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Why even troll when you suck at it? Boredom? You need a life.

Reggie Miller is no where near Barkley as a player so what's the point? Like I said, get a life dude. It's just pathetic.
How is anything of what I said trolling. Why are u so weird and abusive on the internet. Weird kid.

k0kakw0rld
01-08-2015, 10:57 PM
He'll get at least one. He's far too great a player.
You don't win alone. Nobody ever done that.

Budadiiii
01-08-2015, 10:57 PM
How is anything of what I said trolling. Why are u so weird and abusive on the internet. Weird kid.
Reggie Miller isn't close to Barkley or Durant as a player. Period.

You're trying to troll but nothing you type makes sense. You fail at all aspects of life, even internet trolling. Sad sad sad existence you have.

VengefulAngel
01-08-2015, 10:59 PM

You're trying to troll but nothing you type makes sense. You fail at all aspects of life, even internet trolling. Sad sad sad existence you have.

Don't bother, he's clearly trolling.

retaxis
01-08-2015, 11:01 PM

Only someone who hates themselves writes shit like that over the internet. I got ur sorry ass all figured out. No more time to waste on ur loser ass. :no: Plz kill itself.

Dengness9
01-08-2015, 11:02 PM

I never said he'd win alone. But I have Durant when its all said and done as a top 10 player. History shows that the top of the mountain talent gets at least one. I think he'll be one of those guys.

If he goes to Washington I think that will help. Him, Wall , Beal and whoever the hell else will be nice. I dont know if I believe in the Westbrook/Durant partnership.

VengefulAngel
01-08-2015, 11:04 PM
I never said he'd win alone. But I have Durant when its all said and done as a top 10 player. History shows that the top of the mountain talent gets at least one. I think he'll be one of those guys.

If he goes to Washington I think that will help. Him, Wall , Beal and whoever the hell else will be nice. I dont know if I believe in the Westbrook/Durant partnership.

Wow top 10, I was thinking in the 11-15 range, where do you have Lebron ending up, out of curiosity?

KNOW1EDGE
No need to take Budadiiii seriously. Or his alt Russwest, either.

If someone doesn't share his same opinion on a player he goes e-thug.

Such a G

Sportal
I just feel that its coming, I find it highly unlikely that he won't get one... If he doesn't get one this season or next, maybe he leaves OKC, or Westbrook does. I don't think it will be another Eastern team that will stop him from getting it, its all about matchups, maybe a lucky avoidance of a team in the West. Its rough in the West man...

Like someone just said, I don't know if I believe in the Westbrook/Durant combo.

retaxis
01-08-2015, 11:05 PM
Don't bother, he's clearly trolling.
Lol wtf has Durant done in his career to warrant a comparison with Reggie? Reggie one of the most clutch, durable players ever. Durants biggest achievement is being snuffed out in the playoffs by a b1tch in LBJ. That makes Durant a Bitches Bitch. Until he wears a ring, no one will take his lanky b1tch ass seriously and that's the fact.

Budadiiii
01-08-2015, 11:09 PM
No need to take Budadiiii seriously. Or his alt Russwest, either.

If someone doesn't share his same opinion on a player he goes e-thug.

Such a G
That's not my alt account though you easily manipulated buffoon.

The fact that you can be persuaded by LeBron23 tells me everything I need to know about you.

I bet I could sell you cancer and you'd buy. "Yeah, I got some REALLY nice tumors here.... 20 bucks only FOR BOTH. They're fresh too, just removed from a guys small intestine, you won't find a deal like this ANYWHERE else, you'd be a fool not to buy"

Even though you don't have 20 bucks you'd ask your mom and she'd give you the money. ****ing gullible idiot.

VengefulAngel
01-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Lol wtf has Durant done in his career to warrant a comparison with Reggie? Reggie one of the most clutch, durable players ever. Durants biggest achievement is being snuffed out in the playoffs by a b1tch in LBJ. That makes Durant a Bitches Bitch. Until he wears a ring, no one will take his lanky b1tch ass seriously and that's the fact.

Reggie has the same number of ring's as Durant and Durant has far greater production...

Durant's production is just a tier below Lebron (who has top 3 talent).

retaxis

Lol all top ten players have a deadly post game. Lanky man will never win a ring if he doesn't have a grew post game.

KNOW1EDGE
This guy literally hates him self ^^

Budadiiii
01-08-2015, 11:12 PM
This guy literally hates him self ^^
Nice fail.

VengefulAngel
01-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Nice fail.

This is probably the first time I've had the same view as you :cry:

retaxis
01-08-2015, 11:16 PM
Reggie has the same number of ring's as Durant and Durant has far greater production...

Durant's production is just a tier below Lebron (who has top 3 talent).
Reggie never played with a superstar point guard either to suck in the defence and his usage was far lower. Man if Reggie had durants help he prob would have won multiple rings and Durant wouldn't even be in his class division. Saying Durant will be happy to be in Reggie division is talking Durant up despite the amount of superstars and blocks leaders he has played with and failed with. Reggie had no superstars and were up against all time great teams in Shaq and Kobe and pippen and Jordan. Kevin durants excuse is that big boy LeBron manhandled him. Smh.

VengefulAngel
01-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Reggie never played with a superstar point guard either to suck in the defence and his usage was far lower. Man if Reggie had durants help he prob would have won multiple rings and Durant wouldn't even be in his class division. Saying Durant will be happy to be in Reggie division is talking Durant up despite the amount of superstars and blocks leaders he has played with and failed with. Reggie had no superstars and were up against all time great teams in Shaq and Kobe and pippen and Jordan. Kevin durants excuse is that big boy LeBron manhandled him. Smh.

Durant carried the Thunder to 60 wins without Westbrook, did you watch last season?

KungFuJoe
01-08-2015, 11:48 PM

Never post again.

Smoke117
01-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Don't know, don't care.

ILLsmak
01-09-2015, 12:32 AM

In the nba the best player wins a lot of the time. At least half. I agree hes too good to go ringless who wants to bet?

-Smak

Hoopz2332
01-09-2015, 12:47 PM
he's never going to win one:oldlol:

navy
01-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Hard to tell. There is a good amount of luck and circumstance that goes into winning a ring that people only want to acknowledge when they want to push an agenda.

I doubt he will never win a ring though. He has a solid 10 years left in the nba. In fact he has no excuses this year unless they dont make the playoffs.

They Won
01-09-2015, 04:23 PM
He's going to end up with a ring one way or another. It could possibly be on another team, but he will get one and I will be right there with him. :cheers:

Maybe you should have chosen Durantfan86 instead.

sp6r=underrated
01-09-2015, 05:30 PM
Might be the greatest of all time without a ring, he's had terrible luck with a team which should be contending every year. If this team had a different coach and weren't as unlucky with injuries they could have 3 peated. Starting to get to the same stage as when we were questioning whether Lebron will ever win a ring.

He really hasn't had bad luck with regards to teammates up to the age of 26. Many all-time greats had far worse supporting casts than the ones Durant went into the playoffs with in 2011, 2012 and 2014. His average and peak supporting cast was better than all of these players up to 26:

Charles Barkley
Julius Erving
Kevin Garnett
Michael Jordan
Hakeem Olajuwon
Chris Paul

I'm leaving off several other players who also could be on this list.

It has become progressively harder to win a title. The league is over 25% larger than it was in 1988 and three times as large as it was in the 60s.

That said I think he'll play on a title before his career is through. His style of play is conductive to longevity. I think he'll be in the NBA in his late 30s. His current supporting cast is top notch. He has another top 10 player on his team and a few strong role players. Their coach is a big weakness. He is this generation's Brian Hill: racking up great records despite having little ability.

Dragonyeuw
01-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Too early to guess. Look at someone like Garnett, he was,what, 32 is his 12th season when he won? It looked like he was going to be in the Malone/Barkley/Baylor category as well until he went to Boston. The league is in a transitional phase, the late 90's/early 2000's stars era is coming to a close( Kobe, Duncan,Dirk, Garnett, Pierce etc), the mid 2000's guys like Lebron/Wade/Melo are mid-career/tail end of prime stage, the late 2000's guys are now taking over with Durant at the top of the list. He's still got plenty of chances to win and at 26 is only now really coming into his peak( last year was probably the first year of 'Peak' Durant) and we should see that for quite a few more years.

chocolatethunder
01-09-2015, 06:02 PM
One thing is for certain. He will not win one with Westbrook as his teammate.

BlazerRed
01-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Pretty high if he stays under Scott Brooks and the cheap OKC ownership.

Young X
01-09-2015, 06:19 PM
He needs to get out of the west ASAP. Can't take any series off, the margin of error is way too small, one small thing and you can lose in the 1st round.

He needs to go to Toronto, the fans will gladly accept him :applause: or go to Washington. If he doesn't do this then he's an idiot; disloyalty + ring(s) will do so much more for his legacy than loyalty + no rings. Be smart.

Ariza4three
01-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Going by sheer probability

29^x / 30^x

Where x = number of years played.

rmt
01-09-2015, 07:39 PM
26 is too young to be talking about ringless. Lots of time to win.

Wade's Rings
01-09-2015, 09:28 PM
26 is too young to be talking about ringless. Lots of time to win.

He's had a Contender since 2011 and they haven't won. So far it's going to look like they can't get it done and with them having injuries this year it's just fueling the fire.

Lebron23
01-09-2015, 09:37 PM
He'll win if he sign with the Wizards in 2016. John Wall is a better team player than RW.

retaxis
01-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Durant is same build as Reggie. Neither were a low post threat for their team and neither will win a ring unless they develop that aspect of their game or team up with someone who is a superstar low post threat. Lebron did not have a low post threat on his team and knew he had to become that to win. KD does not either and he will stay on OKC for the rest of his career so he must become a low post threat. The benefit however to KD's game is that he is a straight up shooter and can be a Ray Allen type of mercenary for his last 4-5 years in the league because he can straight up shoot and at 6'10 he has a lot of advantages. He might win a ring or two as a mercenary but not as the go-to guy.