PDA

View Full Version : Heat are in transition.

305Baller
01-09-2015, 02:26 AM
The Heat are in transition chemistry and personnel-wise. It is quite obvious that a 2-star led Heat team with Bosh and Wade with scraps from the BIG3 era is a disaster. So Miami needs to immediately look for a reboot with new guys.

It's obvious Whiteside and Napier need big minutes and that Spoelstra needs to lose some of this positionless ball. Do the Heat really need Justin Hamilton shooting deep2's?

Being experimental worked for Spo when he had the luxury of being superior talent-wise but that shit aint gonna cut it when you are an average team talent-wise.

This should be the damn lineup by minute distribution:

Whiteside/Andersen/Hamilton
Bosh/Williams/Haslem
Deng/Granger
Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Napier

MichaelCheazley
01-09-2015, 02:56 AM
I just think spo isnt that great of a coach. And ive followed him from the start of his career. He always pulls guys who are on fire or just playing well to stick to his rotation (was seen in his haslem over beasley when he was playing well and andersen over whiteside now). He also cant draw a play off a time out.The offence is basically not very structured and relies on isos from individual players and it makes certain players look like shit (marion and deng).Also I swear since 09 all of our god damn last second plays were dumb isos that failed for the most part. Our defensive schemes are also outdated and dont match out personnel this year as we often switch unnecessarily and people lose their man. He also needs to realize small ball isnt gonna work without lebron. We need a post presence as any decent big man destroys us on offence and on the boards which makes things difficult as we cant rebound and are undersized.

Hotlantadude81
01-09-2015, 03:10 AM
How about Deng? It looks to me like he doesn't make a big impact on the game. Is he really worth 10 million a year?

Fire Colangelo
01-09-2015, 03:14 AM
Three point shooting is down this year.

You're kinda in trouble when Chris Bosh is your best 3 point shooter...

bluechox2
01-09-2015, 03:15 AM
chris bosh is no way near worth that max...should have let him go to houston

PJR
01-09-2015, 03:35 AM
Atleast we got Whiteside doe. If only Spo would play him extended minutes at critical junctures of the game. :mad:

poido123
01-09-2015, 04:25 AM
Atleast we got Whiteside doe. If only Spo would play him extended minutes at critical junctures of the game. :mad:

For my fantasy teams, that would be ideal :rockon:

Guy is fun to watch...

LongLiveTheKing
01-09-2015, 05:59 AM
The Heat's offense is very bad

Dresta
01-09-2015, 08:32 AM
I just think spo isnt that great of a coach. And ive followed him from the start of his career. He always pulls guys who are on fire or just playing well to stick to his rotation (was seen in his haslem over beasley when he was playing well and andersen over whiteside now). He also cant draw a play off a time out.The offence is basically not very structured and relies on isos from individual players and it makes certain players look like shit (marion and deng).Also I swear since 09 all of our god damn last second plays were dumb isos that failed for the most part. Our defensive schemes are also outdated and dont match out personnel this year as we often switch unnecessarily and people lose their man. He also needs to realize small ball isnt gonna work without lebron. We need a post presence as any decent big man destroys us on offence and on the boards which makes things difficult as we cant rebound and are undersized.
All this.

And this:

Whiteside and Napier and Ennis need to be playing, and Bosh has been a huge let down.

Nash
01-09-2015, 08:38 AM
honestly, I'd trade everyone except Wade and Bosh. Whatever you could get, just take it. Shake things up, see what happens.

OnFire
01-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Wade has missed multiple games, Bosh has missed multiple games, McRoberts done for season. The heat are not taking more salaries that go past next season besides Bosh, McRoberts 5million, Napier rookie contract, and Ennis. This was a best available scramble offseason and injuries haven't given that a fair shot, but they are really looking at 2016.

Deng is well worth his salary go look at the players making what he does and you will see he's well within the range:

Jeff Green
Gerald Wallace
Kevin Garnett
Joe Johnson making more than double lol
Tyrus Thomas
Lance Stephenson
Anderson Varejao
Danilo Gallinari
Josh Smith makes 4 million more
Andre Iguodala makes more
Jordan Hill
Steve Nash more
Jeremy Lin makes 5mil more
Larry Sanders
OJ Mayo
Thadeus Young
Ryan Anderson
Eric Gordon makes 5mil more
Amari makes double
Andrea Bargnani makes more
Kendrick Perkins
Channing Frye
Nicolas Batum
Marcin Gortat

305Baller
01-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Spos inconsistent minute lineups are maddening if you are looking to see big minutes for young players. If he doesnt really like you he is not really gonna play you (Beasley).

Mass Debator
01-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Spo and Wade are to be blamed. Followed by Pat Riley, Bosh, and the point guards.

Spo is not an inspiring coach. He has no authority. He is really an assistant that knows the x's and o's of the game. He's not making a difference at half time. Way too many third quarter slumps. Way too inconsistent with the line ups but way too consistent when it's time to pull out or put in a player.

Wade is the leader and captain so he needs to find a way to gather the troops and put some fire under them. He needs more third quarter production.

Bosh needs to be more physical and aggressive. He needs 8 FTA like back in the day and up that %. Give us some double digit rebounds please.

The point guards just need to know how to shoot. It aint ever happening with Norris Cole though because he's a slasher.

chocolatethunder
01-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Spos inconsistent minute lineups are maddening if you are looking to see big minutes for young players. If he doesnt really like you he is not really gonna play you (Beasley).
I'm not defending Spo but if Beasley was worth more than a bag of chips he'd be playing somewhere. The guy just isn't good. People are going to have to accept that. He's had plenty of chances and he's just not good.

Practice?
01-09-2015, 03:32 PM

I'm guessing he regrets not going right now.

f0und
01-09-2015, 03:40 PM
ive always thought spo was a solid coach. not great, but not too shabby either. but lately, i have no idea whats going through his *ucking skull. he's either completely stubborn or a complete *ucking dumb*ss. why the hell is he not playing whiteside more? the answer to the team's most glaring flaw is so simple. its as simple as adding water to a dying plant. but instead, spo wants to keep giving it gatorade. just give it some godd*amn water spo!!!!

305Baller
01-09-2015, 03:42 PM
I'm not defending Spo but if Beasley was worth more than a bag of chips he'd be playing somewhere. The guy just isn't good. People are going to have to accept that. He's had plenty of chances and he's just not good.

No disagreement here.

keep-itreal
01-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Pat Riley replaced Lebron James with.....Luo Deng for this season:roll: :roll:

ArbitraryWater
01-09-2015, 04:58 PM
All this.

And this:

Whiteside and Napier and Ennis need to be playing, and Bosh has been a huge let down.

Wait a minute.. I thought LeBron held Bosh back and Bosh is a much better player without him?

305Baller
01-09-2015, 05:07 PM
Wait a minute.. I thought LeBron held Bosh back and Bosh is a much better player without him?

Bosh is better than he has been as a 3rd fiddle to LeBron but he hasnt been the consistent top 10-ish player that a team needs to be a top 5 team in the league.

Bosh has been more than effective but he and Miami as a whole goes long stretches of bad bball with bad offense, careless turnovers and bad defense.

Just is what it is. The team needs a shakeup.

Lamar Odumbb
01-09-2015, 05:30 PM
Something Wade said before the season showed that he was not taking this season seriously. He said something like the pressure of winning was so bad it became overwhelming and he is glad its over so he could go back to having fun and just playing carefree.

Thats not a good mentality to have from your leader especially when the co-leader Bosh is not a very vocal forceful leader.

JT123
01-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Something Wade said before the season showed that he was not taking this season seriously. He said something like the pressure of winning was so bad it became overwhelming and he is glad its over so he could go back to having fun and just playing carefree.

Thats not a good mentality to have from your leader especially when the co-leader Bosh is not a very vocal forceful leader.
Agreed. :applause:

305Baller
01-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Agreed. :applause:

Wade is Heat royalty and acts like it.

Anyways, Whiteside/Bosh is a legit frontcourt.

Human Error
01-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Spo should go. He is too stubborn and he does not make any change nor adjustment until someone injures.