PDA

View Full Version : Sixers suspend Andrei Kirilenko WITHOUT pay!

bagelred
01-09-2015, 11:51 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 58s59 seconds ago
Philadelphia has suspended Andrei Kirilenko for failing to report to the team, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Suspension is without pay.

FINALLY, a team with balls. Don't show up, don't get paid.

T_L_P
01-09-2015, 11:57 AM
As with many players, it sucks what has happened to AK with age.

His style was always questionable. But he's become an outright ass since joining Minnesota.

lilteapot
01-09-2015, 12:02 PM
what a douche

R.I.P.
01-09-2015, 12:11 PM
So Philly will be trading for Larry Sanders next, the walking "$11M suspension without pay" waiting to happen. :lol

Lebron23
01-09-2015, 12:17 PM
He needs to go to euro league, or China to resurrect his career. In his prime capable of defending 3 positions.

Velocirap31
01-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Philly isn't going to miss an opportunity to save money.

T_L_P
01-09-2015, 12:24 PM
He needs to go to euro league, or China to resurrect his career. In his prime capable of defending 3 positions.

He was one of the few that could depend all 5 on a given night (obviously he's not guarding Tim Hardaway or Wilt).

Peak AK47 is the greatest non big defender ever, tbh. I dislike wings winning DPOY awards, but I'd have been happy if he did.

chocolatethunder
01-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Philly isn't going to miss an opportunity to save money.
no, they're trying to send a message to him. When the time comes they will be spending plenty of money.

Velocirap31
01-09-2015, 12:29 PM
no, they're trying to send a message to him. When the time comes they will be spending plenty of money.

I agree with the message. I remember when the Raptors got Alonzo Mourning in the VC deal, he never reported to the team and his punishment was a buyout. Afterwards he went to the Heat and won a championship the following year. :rant

Burgz V2
01-09-2015, 12:38 PM
not the whole story apparently. dont be so quick to judge:

The Philadelphia 76ers agreed to release Andrei Kirilenko after their trade with the Brooklyn Nets was agreed upon, according to two sources.

Sam Hinkie hasn't followed through with that handshake deal and the 76ers suspended Kirilenko this week.

"He might have an IQ of 150, but [Hinkie] doesn't seem to realize you have to deal with these people over and over," one league source said.

"No," said another source when asked if Hinkie may have misunderstood the alleged agreement. "I think he started thinking he can just hold onto him and use him at the trade deadline in a package to get something."

More from Bob Ford:

According to two sources with inside knowledge of the negotiations, the Sixers had agreed to release veteran forward Andrei Kirilenko after the trade was consummated, but did not follow through on that handshake deal. Kirilenko, who played only seven games with the Nets this season, remains on the Sixers roster but has refused to join the team despite a request to do so.

“He might have an IQ of 150, but [Hinkie] doesn’t seem to realize you have to deal with these people over and over,” one league source said.

Could Hinkie have misinterpreted or misunderstood the alleged agreement with the Nets, who wanted to satisfy the desire of Kirilenko – a favorite of Russian team owner Mikhail Prokhorov – to become a free agent?

“No,” said another source. “I think he started thinking he can just hold onto him and use him at the trade deadline in a package to get something.”

Nets general manager Billy King and Hinkie both declined to comment on the record for this story, but a Sixers team source disputed the allegation.

“We made the trade to get the draft pick and in hopes [Kirilenko] might play for us,” the Sixers source said. “[Releasing him] was not a condition of the trade, but I have no idea what was said to him on the other end.”

This sounds exactly like something Hinkie would do tbh.

HurricaneKid
01-09-2015, 12:40 PM
He doesn't care. He turned down a 9M player option to come play for Prok for 3M (who knows what promises were made there). Prok loses interest in the team and allows him to get traded and its all downhill from there.

He isn't trying to help a team rebuild. He has money.

HurricaneKid
01-09-2015, 12:43 PM
not the whole story apparently. dont be so quick to judge:

More from Bob Ford:

This sounds exactly like something Hinkie would do tbh.

There is no overestimating the impact of being that guy. The league runs on deals like this. Houston allowed Parsons out of a 800k salary to make 15M with a rival because of a handshake deal. Show yourself untrustworthy as a GM and reap the whirlwind.

rezznor
01-09-2015, 12:47 PM
There is no overestimating the impact of being that guy. The league runs on deals like this. Houston allowed Parsons out of a 800k salary to make 15M with a rival because of a handshake deal. Show yourself untrustworthy as a GM and reap the whirlwind.
yup. alot of fans don't realize that alot of these deals get made based on trust. screw up that trust and no more deals are coming their way.

morey gets alot of shit for not holding onto parsons for cheap but they don't realize that letting him go was part of the deal to get dwight.

Jasper
01-10-2015, 02:43 AM
FINALLY, a team with balls. Don't show up, don't get paid.
AK47 has a wife and a boat load of money ,,, he doesn't need a loser team.
*retire or hook up with championship team(.)