PDA

View Full Version : What is the greatest yet rarest human trait/quality/virtue?

hateraid
01-09-2015, 04:07 PM
What human trait is the most important yet underutilized?

For me it's accountability
The ability to recognize ones own shortcomings during conflict

I find we as a whole have a tendency to point out others shortcomings before recognizing our own. Humans all in all have become very selfish

Agree? Disagree?

sweggeh
01-09-2015, 04:08 PM
******s that don't smell fishy

Le Shaqtus
01-09-2015, 04:11 PM

That's only a myth.

Myth
01-09-2015, 04:16 PM
That's only a myth.

You said the secret word!
http://images.nymag.com/images/2/daily/2010/09/22_peeweeshow_560x375.jpg

Yoda
01-09-2015, 04:19 PM

Patience you must have my young padawan.

hateraid
01-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Patience you must have my young padawan.
:applause:

Great potential have you

hateraid
01-09-2015, 04:21 PM

Quit dumpster diving for your lady friends

KobesFinger
01-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Ties in with accountability: the ability to be honest with yourself

riseagainst
01-09-2015, 04:47 PM
patience and understanding. People rush and overreact too quickly before taking the time to process and think about the information they just received.

IamRAMBO24
01-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Vision.

Visionaries change the world. They are a rare breed.

riseagainst
01-09-2015, 05:12 PM
Vision.

Visionaries change the world. They are a rare breed.

nigguh if everyone can change the world then the trait and the world wouldn't seem so special.

They Won
01-09-2015, 05:48 PM
nigguh if everyone can change the world then the trait and the world wouldn't seem so special.

That doesn't change anything about his post. People who are visionaries who change the world ARE rare and great, which is what the thread is about.

riseagainst
01-09-2015, 05:51 PM
That doesn't change anything about his post. People who are visionaries who change the world ARE rare and great, which is what the thread is about.

read the original post.

"What human trait is the most important yet underutilized?"

it's not about how rare it is, if you are talking about rarity and uniqueness you are talking about talent, not a human trait.

you make it sound like EVERYONE can be a visionary and change the world or something...

They Won
01-09-2015, 05:56 PM
read the original post.

"What human trait is the most important yet underutilized?"

it's not about how rare it is, if you are talking about rarity and uniqueness you are talking about talent, not a human trait.

you make it sound like EVERYONE can be a visionary and change the world or something...

Nothing about my post makes it sound like everyone can change the world. I pointed out that it is rare, and you think that makes me sound like I'm saying everybody can?

Even then, vision (in the sense we are talking about it) is still on a spectrum. Those who have tons of it change the world. Those who have a tiny bit of it, might make something unique out of Legos. Vision in the sense we are talking about it is essentially creativity, which is an important, yet underutilized trait.

Thorpesaurous
01-09-2015, 05:57 PM

For me it's accountability
The ability to recognize ones own shortcomings during conflict

I find we as a whole have a tendency to point out others shortcomings before recognizing our own. Humans all in all have become very selfish

Agree? Disagree?

A couple of these are really subsets of self awareness. It's something I talk about coaching basketball all the time. Not everyone can be the man. Not even the man today can always be the man tomorrow. What else can you do? What can you bring to the table when you don't have your A game? What can you do to play to your strengths? Can you recognize your weaknesses so you can not only avoid them in critical moments, but improve on them when the time is right? This applies to life in general, and is one of the most important aspects about sports as a tool for growth.

Bandito
01-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Alphaness

LOLCATS
01-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Understanding, imo. Someone who truly understands you, and someone you truly understand is hard to find. It is behind most failed relationships.

Duggrr
01-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Faggy liberal idealist here; empathy.

JebronLames
01-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Sincere kindness

knickballer
01-09-2015, 10:57 PM
Listening skills. Everyone loves to talk about themselves, blurt their opinion, always are interrupting in the convo and never actually try to stop and listen to what the other person is saying. Listening is very underrated and if you can remember very simple details about Bob's life such as he traveled to spain two summers ago and it was the best experience in his life when you mention it to him in the future Bob will be amazed that you actually remembered such trivial facts about himself..

JEFFERSON MONEY
01-10-2015, 06:28 AM
Non tyrannical humble leadership

RidonKs
01-10-2015, 06:46 AM
creativity

not rare in the sense that few of us have it, rare in the sense of how difficult it is to access that part of our brains

StephHamann
01-10-2015, 08:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUKGTkiWik

Overdrive
01-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Forgiveness.