PDA

View Full Version : Thunder seriously suck. Is anyone scared of them in the playoffs?

BlazerRed
01-09-2015, 11:41 PM
Man I'm not scared of facing these guys in the playoffs. Honestly with Durant and Westbrook on the team they have the ability to go all the way and win any game, but it's such a crap shoot. If they aren't hitting their jump shots OKC are screwed and a couple of those games in a series and they're done.

They are wildly inconsistent and lack depth. Besides Durant, Westbrook and kind of Ibaka every one else on that team sucks.

Add to that their horrible coach (what's offense?) and their horrible ownership who are only in it for the cash, I think Durant is gone come 2016 and when the fans stop showing up to games and paying their overly inflated ticket prices the ownership are really going to regret cheaping out in the long run.

JohnFreeman
01-09-2015, 11:42 PM
Teams know how to play them

knicksman
01-09-2015, 11:44 PM
thunder w/o westbrook like last season is the most dangerous team.

navy
01-09-2015, 11:46 PM
What's surprising right now is their lack of depth. They had to go into the tax to get another guard when they have lots of them.

However I still think they have enough to win it all. No excuses.

KDthunderup
01-09-2015, 11:46 PM
Man I'm not scared of facing these guys in the playoffs. Honestly with Durant and Westbrook on the team they have the ability to go all the way and win any game, but it's such a crap shoot. If they aren't hitting their jump shots OKC are screwed and a couple of those games in a series and they're done.

They are wildly inconsistent and lack depth. Besides Durant, Westbrook and kind of Ibaka every one else on that team sucks.

Add to that their horrible coach (what's offense?) and their horrible ownership who are only in it for the cash, I think Durant is gone come 2016 and when the fans stop showing up to games and paying their overly inflated ticket prices the ownership are really going to regret cheaping out in the long run.
Wouldnt that go for most teams if their best two players arent hitting their shots san Spurs?

navy
01-09-2015, 11:47 PM
thunder w/o westbrook like last season is the most dangerous team.
2013 Thunder werent dangerous at all vs the Grizzlies.

BlazerRed
01-09-2015, 11:48 PM
Wouldnt that go for most teams if their best two players arent hitting their shots san Spurs?
Thing is most teams have some capable players to pick up the pieces if their best two aren't hitting shots. Sure it's still going to be tough but the Thunder just have no hope. They have no one. Lamb, Jones, Roberson, Perkins, Collison, Morrow, Jackson.. they all suck. Adams is going to be good but he's no where near up to hanging in there with Gasol/Dwight etc in the playoffs. Dude will foul out for sure.

JebronLames
01-09-2015, 11:51 PM
Yes, it's still preseason for durant. No one is scared of chokemarcus. Let him chuck contested long twos all day.

knicksman
01-09-2015, 11:51 PM
2013 Thunder werent dangerous at all vs the Grizzlies.

well they werent dangerous either at the start of the 2014 season. Maybe if you have watched this league long enough youll realize it takes time to adjust when missing a player esp a pg.

nba_55
01-09-2015, 11:53 PM
If they are not hitting their shots, refs will give them huge amount of free throws, thiss is why they are dangerous,

BlazerRed
01-09-2015, 11:54 PM
If they are not hitting their shots, refs will give them huge amount of free throws, thiss is why they are dangerous,
I am not amused.

nba_55
01-10-2015, 12:01 AM
I am not amused.
And i dont give a fvck

BlazerRed
01-10-2015, 12:02 AM
And i dont give a fvck
:coleman:

TylerOO
01-10-2015, 12:03 AM
Only scared of Westbrook

Im so nba'd out
01-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Only team that can beat spurs in the playoffs is mavs and thunder so you better prey they play the spurs before portland has to

Pushxx
01-10-2015, 12:18 AM
Playoffs? Playoffs?

oarabbus
01-10-2015, 02:17 AM
Budadii is a no show ever since the Thunder been slipping farther away from .500

JimmyMcAdocious
01-10-2015, 02:24 AM
It all went downhill after they benched Perk.

k0kakw0rld
01-10-2015, 02:25 AM
Only team that can beat spurs in the playoffs is mavs and thunder so you better prey they play the spurs before portland has to
As much as I want to be optimistic about the Spurs, this aint their year. Dallas is not there yet, I'm not sold on them. I hate Chandler Parsons. OKC aint making the playoffs.

imdaman99
01-10-2015, 02:31 AM
They have playoff pedigree. I don't doubt they can 'upset' any team in the 1st round or 2, but I can't see them going all the way. If they get in, which I believe they will, they will beat the Warriors in the 1st round. 8th seed beating a #1, it happens. Why will it happen? Because OKC will wear them down. Yes Golden State will have a couple of games where every shot they put up will go in... but they won't be able to do it 4 times.

They are still back to learning how to play together. They have new pieces in the starting lineup. Their regular season run is coming.

theaussieguy
01-10-2015, 02:53 AM
most people in this forum are stuck in the mentality that having 2 of the best players in the game=success.

Such utter bullsh!t, they may be both top 5 players but they don't complement the team well, especially with WB at point who despite being an amazing player, is not a true PG and actually doesn't do his job getting the entire team involved and playing primarily team ball. We all know their gameplan, WB and Durant put up the points and have Ibaka defend the paint. Thats basically it and it wasn't enough to win the playoffs last year, it won't be this year and it will never be. When you add the fact that their coach is pretty sh!t its obvious they have too many things working against them.

Deal with it

Cocaine80s
01-10-2015, 02:56 AM
They have playoff pedigree. I don't doubt they can 'upset' any team in the 1st round or 2, but I can't see them going all the way. If they get in, which I believe they will, they will beat the Warriors in the 1st round. 8th seed beating a #1, it happens. Why will it happen? Because OKC will wear them down. Yes Golden State will have a couple of games where every shot they put up will go in... but they won't be able to do it 4 times.

They are still back to learning how to play together. They have new pieces in the starting lineup. Their regular season run is coming.
You act like the only thing Golden State have going for them is their shooting...

Arent they like the #1 defense in the league?

oarabbus
01-10-2015, 03:02 AM
You act like the only thing Golden State have going for them is their shooting...

Arent they like the #1 defense in the league?

Dude is a Warriors hater. Constantly talking shit on Curry and the rest of our team... guess he's bitter that the Knicks barely missed out on Steph

bluechox2
01-10-2015, 04:04 AM
thunder are predictable this year...and westbrook has been going AWOL most of the season with poor efficiency (especially in crunch time)

3ball
01-10-2015, 04:16 AM
Playoffs? Playoffs?
:applause:

they will hopefully make the playoffs... but man, if i was an opposing coach, i would LOVE to play them right now.

they do suck - and on the offensive end of the floor, there is nothing in the team's history that would suggest they can or will turn it around.

too bad you can't win on defense alone anymore.. i'm not sure scott brooks realizes that to win a championship in today's game, you MUST have one of the best offenses in the league... which means you can't just expect westbrook and durant to completely carry the entire offense.

All Net
01-10-2015, 04:17 AM
Budadii is a no show ever since the Thunder been slipping farther away from .500
Can't do much when you're banned

imdaman99
01-10-2015, 04:48 AM
Dude is a Warriors hater. Constantly talking shit on Curry and the rest of our team... guess he's bitter that the Knicks barely missed out on Steph
No way. Steph is easily top 3 PG, especially since he doesn't have to guard the better PGs and Klay can :oldlol:

Once Bogut is confirmed injured, their #1 seed will be exposed. Now if Bogut can stay healthy...

miggyme1
01-10-2015, 05:17 AM
No way. Steph is easily top 3 PG, especially since he doesn't have to guard the better PGs and Klay can :oldlol:

Once Bogut is confirmed injured, their #1 seed will be exposed. Now if Bogut can stay healthy...

ummmm u do know they play the same if not better WITHOUT bogut right? he is the most expendable guy on the team by a long shot....try again.

bdreason
01-10-2015, 05:24 AM
They don't suck, but they aren't scary either. Their offense is predictable and their defense has regressed.

Jasper
01-10-2015, 11:49 AM
this wood help Oak : http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364923

:pimp:

Hoopz2332
01-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Thunder play too much hero ball to be a real threat. That's why the heat would have smoked them last year:applause:

Darius
01-10-2015, 12:43 PM
most people in this forum are stuck in the mentality that having 2 of the best players in the game=success.

Such utter bullsh!t, they may be both top 5 players but they don't complement the team well, especially with WB at point who despite being an amazing player, is not a true PG and actually doesn't do his job getting the entire team involved and playing primarily team ball. We all know their gameplan, WB and Durant put up the points and have Ibaka defend the paint. Thats basically it and it wasn't enough to win the playoffs last year, it won't be this year and it will never be. When you add the fact that their coach is pretty sh!t its obvious they have too many things working against them.

Deal with it

I'd be curious what would happen if cp3 and Westbrook changed places.

Durant and Westbrook both scorers, Blake and cp3 both facilitators. Could help both teams.

They Won
01-10-2015, 03:21 PM
They have the firepower to become dangerous at any moment, but they certainly aren't clicking as well as I expected. I don't think anybody wants to face them because they are a threat to beat anybody, but I don't think they are a threat to beat everybody series after series to win the championship.

Spaulding
01-10-2015, 03:26 PM

Prey...

navy
01-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Yall tripping. A few regular season mishaps and you've written them off. When have the Thunder ever failed in the regular season.

WWRWestbrookDo?
01-10-2015, 04:27 PM
they will be in the mix to go all the way. They have their chance to regroup and retool their offense. You may not be scared now but when the playoffs come... watch out