PDA

View Full Version : Let's be honest... Kyrie Irving is not a franchise player

PleezeBelieve
01-10-2015, 02:15 AM
You dudes have spent four years making excuses why he can't elevate his play, and those around him.

Enough is enough.

Empty stats

20Four
01-10-2015, 02:17 AM
You dudes have spent four years making excuses why he can't elevate his play, and those around him.

Enough is enough.

Empty stats
http://giant.gfycat.com/HairyFriendlyCardinal.gif

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Hotlantadude81
01-10-2015, 02:17 AM

Enough is enough.

Empty stats

He would be great with the right coaching, but right now he is stuck with David Blatt.

PleezeBelieve
01-10-2015, 02:22 AM
He would be great with the right coaching, but right now he is stuck with David Blatt.
I'm not a Blatt fan at all... but Kyrie is the personification of a COACH KILLER

He will never change his game. He is who he is... a score first PG who can't defend, pass, or playmake.

Jasper
01-10-2015, 02:23 AM
Years ago an opening post would have value , stating an argument , then describing why with stats and facts ... now days it's a one liner.

how pathedic:banghead:

PleezeBelieve
01-10-2015, 02:27 AM
Years ago an opening post would have value , stating an argument , then describing why with stats and facts ... now days it's a one liner.

how pathedic:banghead:
I made this thread five years ago. Nothing ha chnage. Check his career record. He's a loser who does nothing to impact the game other than shoot. Another 20+ shot, less than 6 assist game in a loss from the Diva.

You a clown. What more do I need to say?

k0kakw0rld
Mike Brown, Byron scott, all terrible coaches I guess. #excuses

He is a terrible PG and a shot jacker. He does not even look for his teammates, when he has the ball in his hand. You wanna play SG do so, stop pretending. Knicks are tanking go get Calderon for God sake:facepalm .

Jasper
A few announcers have stated that Irvings game was transposed from a PG to a ball hog shooter glorifying his stat sheet.
In other words a lack of making his team mates better and instead literally becoming a scorer instead of a pass first team mate.

With Bron , he was playing off ball , and ironically his stats took a hit.
Good players find a way to help their team.
Great players do the above and still have great stats.

As soon as Bron made the move back to Cleverland , I knew it was a mistake for his career.

Jasper
01-10-2015, 02:29 AM
I made this thread five years ago. Nothing ha chnage. Check his career record. He's a loser who does nothing to impact the game other than shoot. Another 20+ shot, less than 6 assist game in a loss from the Diva.

You a clown. What more do I need to say?
Look at when I joined ISH, same year as you :applause:
Get it.... :D

JebronLames
A few announcers have stated that Irvings game was transposed from a PG to a ball hog shooter glorifying his stat sheet.
In other words a lack of making his team mates better and instead literally becoming a scorer instead of a pass first team mate.

With Bron , he was playing off ball , and ironically his stats took a hit.
Good players find a way to help their team.
Great players do the above and still have great stats.

As soon as Bron made the move back to Cleverland , I knew it was a mistake for his career.
Better than staying in Miami.

navy
Mike Brown, Byron scott, all terrible coaches I guess. #excuses

They are...

Hotlantadude81
01-10-2015, 02:32 AM
They are...

Byron Scott - "I want Kobe to shoot more."

Nuff said.

k0kakw0rld
01-10-2015, 02:33 AM
They are...
Byron Scott is a good coach but nothing much to do with the roster they gave him there. Same for Mike Brown. A defensive coach whos stuck with Kyrie as his best player and Waiters as his second? recipe for disaster really. Kyrie by now should get it. He does not know how to run a team. If he never learned by now, he will never ever learn. Stop labeling him as a pg he ain't.

Legends66NBA7
01-10-2015, 02:35 AM
Guy should execute himself, clearly.

navy
01-10-2015, 02:38 AM
The problem right now is Blatt has no problem with Kyrie chucking and Kyrie continually supports him because of it. With Lebron not playing it should be obvious that the team needs real offensive structure. Where is that Princeton offense? What did he run in Europe? You can get away with give the ball to Lebron and be fine. Kyrie? lol, run some offense.

navy
01-10-2015, 02:38 AM
Byron Scott is a good coach but nothing much to do with the roster they gave him there. Same for Mike Brown. A defensive coach whos stuck with Kyrie as his best player and Waiters as his second? recipe for disaster really. Kyrie by now should get it. He does not know how to run a team. If he never learned by now, he will never ever learn. Stop labeling him as a pg he ain't.
They both suck.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-10-2015, 02:41 AM
I probably wouldn't want to build around the guy. How would you even build a contender around Irving? Similar to how the Sixers built around AI?

Luckily for him, he has LeBron and Love already. He doesn't need to be a franchise player.

hawksdogsbraves
01-10-2015, 03:39 AM
Let's be honest, who didn't know this?

He was never more than a somewhat better version of Kemba Walker or Brandon Jennings. A no defense shoot-first PG who has no intangibles.

Undisputed
01-10-2015, 03:52 AM
Damn good player, but he is not a franchise player. I could still see good things happening for him when he grows up. A lot of immaturity in the guy. When I heard him ask Blatt "Is this, like, similar to what a playoff game feels like” in a meaningless game, I knew Kyrie wasn't ready for what was coming his way.

andremiller07
01-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Most overrated player in NBA history you could probably build a and1 team around him but when it comes to the NBA dude basically plays like a scoring 6th man off the bench.