PDA

View Full Version : Dion Waiters has looked great in OKC so far, Cleveland is just a toxic place to play.

russwest0
01-11-2015, 06:58 AM
Whats that saying, one mans trash is another mans treasure? Waiters played inspired defense vs the Jazz and scored the two biggest baskets of the game. Said afterwards that it's easier to play well when you don't have to look over your shoulder after every miss, and I see where he's coming from. All OKC has to do now is replace Roberson with Morrow in the starting lineup and ramp Adams' minutes up by 10 a game (cutting Perkins' minutes) and they are set for contention.

Meanwhile Cleveland has been toxic since LeBron has shown up, trading away their franchise player and entire future (Wiggins) for Love who can opt out after the year, all to make LeBron (who can opt out after the year) happy. Waiters soon followed and now both guys are looking great.

keep-itreal
01-11-2015, 07:02 AM
hiring a competent coach might help also

andremiller07
01-11-2015, 07:03 AM
Lower IQ backcourt Iriving/Smith or Russ/Waiters?

Clearly OKC is better since Goatbrook is better than all the other 3 combined but interesting question none the less.

russwest0
01-11-2015, 07:08 AM
Lower IQ backcourt Iriving/Smith or Russ/Waiters?

Clearly OKC is better since Goatbrook is better than all the other 3 combined but interesting question none the less.

At least Waiters and Westbrook are good defenders.

andremiller07
01-11-2015, 07:09 AM
At least Waiters and Westbrook are good defenders.
I agree they are way better but the question was in regards to IQ cause I never thought the stupidity of Irving and Waiters combined would be topped but it very well may be with Irving and Smith.

russwest0
01-11-2015, 07:14 AM
I agree they are way better but the question was in regards to IQ cause I never thought the stupidity of Irving and Waiters combined would be topped but it very well may be with Irving and Smith.

Yeah I'd say so.

Thing about Westbrook is that I know he has the IQ to be a pass first PG, it's just his mentality that keeps it from happening. I've seen Westbrook have plenty of games where he drops 12+ assists like it's nothing, but many other games no one else on OKC is doing shit and he has to be aggressive.

Cocaine80s
01-11-2015, 07:16 AM
JR dropped 27 tho

russwest0
01-11-2015, 07:18 AM
JR dropped 27 tho

he played 43 minutes and his team lost the game.

JR Smith is not an asset at all. Guy is a cancer who will occasionally drop 20+ points, just not someone you wanna have on your team.

andremiller07
01-11-2015, 07:20 AM
Yeah I'd say so.

Thing about Westbrook is that I know he has the IQ to be a pass first PG, it's just his mentality that keeps it from happening. I've seen Westbrook have plenty of games where he drops 12+ assists like it's nothing, but many other games no one else on OKC is doing shit and he has to be aggressive.
Goatbrook is certified beast no doubt

Cocaine80s
01-11-2015, 07:20 AM
he played 43 minutes and his team lost the game.

JR Smith is not an asset at all. Guy is a cancer who will occasionally drop 20+ points, just not someone you wanna have on your team.
Cavs played the best team in the league without Lebron.

Thunder played the Jazz lol

russwest0
01-11-2015, 07:21 AM
Goatbrook is certified beast no doubt

Yeah but sometimes I wish we had a guy like Lillard because he plays more under control and shoots the 3 much better.

I love Westbrook but it may be time for him to pull a Dwyane Wade and pull the plug on his 3pt shooting.

russwest0
01-11-2015, 07:22 AM
Cavs played the best team in the league without Lebron.

Thunder played the Jazz lol

Thats cool, doesn't change the fact that Dion Waiters last year played great after the all star break, impressed the Thunder at the team USA basketball camp, and is a talented young two way player, while JR Smith is just a cancer who shoots a lot of shots and occasionally scores well.

Cocaine80s
01-11-2015, 07:24 AM
Thats cool, doesn't change the fact that Dion Waiters last year played great after the all star break, impressed the Thunder at the team USA basketball camp, and is a talented young two way player, while JR Smith is just a cancer who shoots a lot of shots and occasionally scores well.
Lol he is not a good fit for this team at all. Its gonna be hilarious when Waiters becomes your new scapegoat

I should bookmark this thread

raprap
01-11-2015, 07:27 AM
OKC's stacked no doubt. It would be very disappointing if they somehow miss the playoffs.

russwest0
01-11-2015, 07:30 AM
People acting like Waiters is a cancer but Cleveland fans were hype for him heading into the year. Not his fault he played on a team whose star and "leader" is someone who will throw everyone around him under the bus before taking any accountability.

Durant in his post game interview was asked about dishing to Waiters for a big 3 and the way he answered it made it seem like he already has chemistry with Waiters, said something simple like "We trust him to hit those shots"

russwest0
01-11-2015, 07:31 AM
OKC's stacked no doubt. It would be very disappointing if they somehow miss the playoffs.

Western Conference has 8 contenders in it, shit is brutal.

They'll make it in easily though. They are something like 10-3 with Durant/Westbrook both playing.

Bandito
01-11-2015, 07:43 AM
It doesn't surprise me. It must be like drinking poison playing in that atmosphere that is Cleveland. Playing with Lebron ball hogging doesn't help either.

russwest0
01-11-2015, 07:45 AM
It doesn't surprise me. It must be like drinking poison playing in that atmosphere that is Cleveland. Playing with Lebron ball hogging doesn't help either.

Yup, reminds me of this vine

https://vine.co/v/OHDjYbBiO9q

BigTicket
01-11-2015, 07:55 AM
9.5/2.5/1 on 35% FG is considered great now ?

:confusedshrug:

In that case he was fantastic in Cleveland.

russwest0
01-11-2015, 07:58 AM
9.5/2.5/1 on 35% FG is considered great now ?

:confusedshrug:

In that case he was fantastic in Cleveland.

He's had one bad shooting game but has shown consistent defensive effort and is proving himself to be a reliable bench threat on offense. He's quite simply a competitor that you want on your side.

It was an amazing trade for OKC and I laugh at Cleveland somehow not being able to make Wiggins and Waiters work out.

Basketbolero
01-11-2015, 08:00 AM
The word 'great' gets tossed around way too much these days... Good thing is OKC will still have chances on Waiters' 4pt, 1-9FG nights because there will be many of those

retaxis
01-11-2015, 08:08 AM
He's had one bad shooting game but has shown consistent defensive effort and is proving himself to be a reliable bench threat on offense. He's quite simply a competitor that you want on your side.

It was an amazing trade for OKC and I laugh at Cleveland somehow not being able to make Wiggins and Waiters work out.
Hows Reggie working out. Waiters is only going to do what he does best, jack up long 2s and miss defensive assignments. If u don't believe wait till the playoffs. Oh rite he has no playoffs experience either so if ur relying on him to do anything other than shoot his team out of games good luck. I personally bet it wont be 2 weeks before ur making threads to trade this cancer

russwest0
01-11-2015, 08:11 AM
Everyone hating on Waiters :roll: :roll: :roll:

Didn't take long for LeBron to ruin the images of his teammates I see. Good thing Wiggins got the hell out of there fast.

Dave3
01-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Everyone hating on Waiters :roll: :roll: :roll:

Didn't take long for LeBron to ruin the images of his teammates I see. Good thing Wiggins got the hell out of there fast.
How long before you start hating on him? Everyone likes a new player at first. Remember Lakers fans in 2012 after getting Dwight? You're in the honeymoon phase right now, but you're adding a little extra delusion to it, calling his play "great" which like said above, is thrown around way too much. Enjoy him though, but don't whine in a couple months when so many people warned you about his weaknesses and you refused to listen.

retaxis
01-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Waiters already creating locker room issues in Reggie Jackson aka last seasons saver. Not long till he fights with Russel and chucks up 4-21 and plays no defence

PleezeBelieve
01-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Thunder fleeced the Cavs... all just to appease Kyrie Irving.

Build around losing players, y'all :roll:

PleezeBelieve
01-11-2015, 09:00 AM
A Durant/Westbrook/Waiters trio is gonna cause so many issues. They all defend and wanna run.

Kyrie is the epitome of a team cancer on and off the court

Nash
01-11-2015, 09:38 AM
do you like seeing long 2's from a guy with a crooked, high arcing shot? You could be optimistic about Waiters but in the 2 games he's played so far he has exactly showed the type of player you can expect. He's either going to give you 1-9 shooting like his first game or play awesome like he did against Utah.
Takes way too many shots and after every game you'll see how close he will be to westbrook and durant in FGA.

navy
01-11-2015, 09:46 AM

It's been two games....

:roll:

The shots he took vs Utah were classic Dion shots. Long twos. A few three balls.
He's not gonna succeed that way and you can tell by his shooting form. Needs to attack the basket.

retaxis
01-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Cleveland giving okc waiters is such a well designed sabotage. Not only to cause locker room issues but also to chuck them out of games. Waiters also does not have the assets to defend a lot of 2s or 3s due to his shortness and lack of wing span. A guy who thinks a step back long 2 is a high percentage shot when open will always create issues on a team. He was shooting more than LeBron/kyrie in many games. Purely addition by subtraction now the Cavs don't need to worry about "getting theirs" without a chucker on the team plus they get a defensive minded player in shump. jR is on a very short leash. I expect many DNPs for that chucker unless blatt is able to use him as a floor spacer and tell him not to put the ball on the floor. All in all okc must trade waiters and Cavs must use jr as a spot up shooter only. Waiters is not a shooter..he is a scorer and a scorer always takes a lot of shots.

ABG
01-11-2015, 09:51 AM
hasn't it been only 2 games?

jbryan1984
01-11-2015, 12:17 PM
No one is denying Waiters is a great talent. OKC fans will soon learn though he is very inconsistent and not the Dwayne Wade like player people have said he was.

At the end of the day, we needed more talent (mainly defense) and Waiters was our best trade chip. And at the end of the day, I am satisfied losing Waiters and some picks for JR, Shump and Mozgov.

dubnation
01-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Of course he's going to come in and say the right things and play with the right attitude in the first few weeks... I'm not convinced. He's talented but incredibly inconsistent, and I expect his attitude to take a nose-dive once the novelty wears off and he stops getting enough touches to satisfy his shot-jacking tendencies.

Megabox!
01-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Lol Dion has played 2 games in a Thunder uniform and it was against the f*cking Utah Jazz and The Kings and he went 1-9 with 4 points, OP you're a f*cking moron

steve franchise
01-11-2015, 01:16 PM
great?? its 2 games. come on. he went 1-7 from 3 agasint scrub teams
its like josh smith when he played his first game with the rockets agaisnt memphis, he had a good game but that doesnt mean he is great now
:facepalm

Dave3
01-26-2015, 09:40 AM
11.7 on 39/26/77 in 28 mpg
10.5 on 40/26/78 in 23 mpg

My favourite thing about you man, is you make your threads bump worthy so soon in the future I don't even need to bookmark them because I run into them accidentally on the first couple pages. Russwest da legend :bowdown:

navy
01-26-2015, 09:45 AM
11.7 on 39/26/77 in 28 mpg
10.5 on 40/26/78 in 23 mpg

My favourite thing about you man, is you make your threads bump worthy so soon in the future I don't even need to bookmark them because I run into them accidentally on the first couple pages. Russwest da legend :bowdown:
Which one is which?

Dave3
01-26-2015, 09:49 AM
Which one is which?
I left the teams off on purpose, just because it shows how there's pretty much no difference. The first one is OKC though.

navy
01-26-2015, 09:50 AM
I left off the teams on purpose, just because it shows how there's pretty much no difference. The first one is OKC though.
Well at least his minutes went up. :lol
Literally the exact same player even in this 9 game sample size.

Haymaker
01-26-2015, 09:53 AM
OKC will be a barren land very soon if Presti doesn't fire Brooks.

nba_55
01-26-2015, 10:32 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Mr. Incredible
01-26-2015, 01:42 PM
yikes.....

imdaman99
01-26-2015, 01:44 PM
Scott Brooks is toxic is more like it.

Demitri98
01-26-2015, 01:48 PM
ignore

chosen_one6
01-26-2015, 02:31 PM
:lol

Dion Waiters is trash. I've been saying it since the year he was drafted.

RedBlackAttack
01-26-2015, 03:01 PM
Waiters isn't "trash," but this thread is already comical nonetheless. Dion needs to go to a young team that doesn't have championship aspirations or a primary ball-handler where he can monopolize the ball and figure out which parts of his game work and which do not. He's a very talented guy, but he needs the ball in his hands a lot to have an impact.

Kyrie went down with injury for a few weeks late in the season last year, making Dion the defacto primary playmaker and scorer and he did well... kept us in the playoff race and even had a couple of game winners. But, when Cleveland and OKC are healthy, he is the 3rd or 4th option and that's not how he's going to thrive.

I still like his game, but he may never find the right situation.

As for the trade, it was a masterful maneuver by David Griffin. He squeezed every bit of value out of Waiters and what will be a late first round pick. He used a guy who never fit in and a mediocre pick to plug the three biggest holes in the roster. I would have probably traded Waiters and the pick for Mozgov alone. He got Iman Shumpert and JR Smith to go along with him.

We speak your name. :bowdown:

FLDFSU
01-26-2015, 03:14 PM
The OP should get a month added onto his ban for creating this moronic thread.

Lebronxrings
01-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Simon takes another L.

chosen_one6
01-26-2015, 04:40 PM
Waiters isn't "trash," but this thread is already comical nonetheless. Dion needs to go to a young team that doesn't have championship aspirations or a primary ball-handler where he can monopolize the ball and figure out which parts of his game work and which do not. He's a very talented guy, but he needs the ball in his hands a lot to have an impact.

Kyrie went down with injury for a few weeks late in the season last year, making Dion the defacto primary playmaker and scorer and he did well... kept us in the playoff race and even had a couple of game winners. But, when Cleveland and OKC are healthy, he is the 3rd or 4th option and that's not how he's going to thrive.

I still like his game, but he may never find the right situation.

As for the trade, it was a masterful maneuver by David Griffin. He squeezed every bit of value out of Waiters and what will be a late first round pick. He used a guy who never fit in and a mediocre pick to plug the three biggest holes in the roster. I would have probably traded Waiters and the pick for Mozgov alone. He got Iman Shumpert and JR Smith to go along with him.

We speak your name. :bowdown:

There is no team where he can be the primary ball handler. This is the golden age of the point guard. Damn near every team has a decent one.

There's a reason why Dion has come off the bench, going back to his college days. He's overconfident, in a Russell Westbrook kind of way. The problem with that is, he's not Russell Westbrook.

Cocaine80s
05-25-2015, 08:12 PM
http://www.nickadamsweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/white-kid-dance-club.gif

Prometheus
05-25-2015, 08:55 PM

Dr Hawk
01-04-2016, 09:04 AM