PDA

View Full Version : Whiteside for MIP

ArbitraryWater
01-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Beast... Grabs Rebounds and protects the rim as good as anyone, AND scores efficienty, on decent volume.

Big man value. What the Heat needed the last 4 years.

Imagine this with LBJ/Deng/Gasol.. smh

VengefulAngel
01-11-2015, 06:11 PM
What a game he's having. Spo finally giving him more minutes.

navy
01-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Beast... Grabs Rebounds and protects the rim as good as anyone, AND scores efficienty, on decent volume.

They wouldnt get Whiteside if Gasol had came, and Deng if Lebron stayed.

Why was Whiteside out of the league is the question.

CavaliersFTW
01-11-2015, 06:16 PM

Can't post up. Only catches Lobs, gets a few deep catches transition points or scores putbacks off offensive rebounds, so of course his "efficiency" is going to be high, he never has to dribble or create. Lob opportunities or offensive rebounds for him only come in limited supply - you can't create any more so he'll soon top out production-wise on offense if he hasn't already. Bottlenecked until he learns how to create his own offense, which is probably too much to ask considering how old he is. If you've been taught properly you learn to post up in your youth. I've seen his D-League highlights and he never puts the ball on the floor from the post, he can't back guys down and hold a dribble at the same time.

ArbitraryWater
01-11-2015, 06:17 PM
They wouldnt get Whiteside if Gasol had came, and Deng if Lebron stayed.

Why was Whiteside out of the league is the question.

Imagine http://i.qkme.me/35kx0j.jpg

Whiteside on pace for 25/20 against Jordan right now

GOBB
01-11-2015, 06:18 PM
*checks his stats*

I can't stop laughing. Better luck next year kiddo.

hawksdogsbraves
01-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Damn between Whiteside, Bosh, and Wade, (and a world champion coach to boot) that's a core that could compete for the ECF :applause:

Hotlantadude81
01-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Looks like a decent defensive big man, but probably a fluke offensive game.

MMM
01-11-2015, 06:37 PM
going from the d league to a role player isn't as much improvement than Jimmy Butler going from good player to an all -star for one example and not that necessarily that butler is MIP

ArbitraryWater
01-11-2015, 06:47 PM
going from the d league to a role player isn't as much improvement than Jimmy Butler going from good player to an all -star for one example and not that necessarily that butler is MIP

Whiteside going from no Name to servicable big man, vs. Butler from role Player to all-star? Butler WILL win MIP, no question.

Just saying ist impressive how Whiteside came out of nowehere to being a really good player, the most valuable for the Heat tonight, and more nights to come.

GrapeApe
01-11-2015, 07:35 PM
I've been saying all year he needs to be starting. It's also no coincidence Bosh had a monster game playing mostly at the 4. Obviously Whiteside won't play like this every night, but the Heat are a different team with him on the floor.

Miss Bella
01-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Whiteside going from no Name to servicable big man, vs. Butler from role Player to all-star? Butler WILL win MIP, no question.

Just saying ist impressive how Whiteside came out of nowehere to being a really good player, the most valuable for the Heat tonight, and more nights to come.

Easy, we have seen plenty of players come out and give a handful of all star performances just to fade into obscurity. Underdog stories are fun but we should at least give it 10 more games before we give him the MIP over a player that has been performing since the season started.

LAZERUSS
01-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Only on ISH...

where one game makes for entire seasons and even careers.

Reminds me of this game...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361108

Hasn't had even one decent game since.

alanLA92
01-11-2015, 09:00 PM
After only one game? :facepalm

Miss Bella
01-11-2015, 09:01 PM
After only one game? :facepalm
To be fair he has put together a string of very good games. Had 9 blocks in two games before todays game.

Mr.Kite
01-11-2015, 09:05 PM
anyway cleveland can get him?

#number6ix#
01-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Hell nah he's not MIP but he did ball tonight

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-11-2015, 09:22 PM
He won't be getting those type of offensive rebounds for a while. Blake and DJ literally just stood there watching this guy go over the top of them.

Up and coming, but MIP is a stretch obviously.

Qwyjibo
01-11-2015, 09:34 PM
No. We're not even at the ASG and Jimmy Butler already has this award locked down.

Shih508
01-11-2015, 10:02 PM
With emerging of Whiteside, D-whistle needs to at least make to 2nd round of playoff in weak Eastern Conference. No excuse for a player many considered as 3rd SG of all time, couldn't do jack shit without ref's whistle

sammichoffate
01-11-2015, 11:06 PM
Big Man Gerald Green

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 12:15 AM
With emerging of Whiteside, D-whistle needs to at least make to 2nd round of playoff in weak Eastern Conference. No excuse for a player many considered as 3rd SG of all time, couldn't do jack shit without ref's whistle

:facepalm

Lebron23
01-12-2015, 02:35 AM
I like him. He's been a solid additions for the Heat.

ballin33
01-12-2015, 02:39 AM
He's a beast whitesanity!

Sportal
01-12-2015, 06:46 AM
Uh, he gets noticeable numbers for two games and all of a sudden, "MIP"...? Butler is top of that list, and it is not even close.

ArbitraryWater
01-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Okay, he's obviously not MIP... Focus on a great player that came from the D-League and just outplayed Blake/DJ instead :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
01-25-2015, 02:25 PM
Look, its Whiteside beasting again.. 3 blocks in the first quarter @ Chicago. Easily one of the better C's in the game.

Top 10 Center?

HomieWeMajor
01-25-2015, 04:17 PM
CavlaliersFTW we need his measurements ASAP !!!

PJR
01-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Mvp*

They Won
01-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Damn, he is beasting.

aj1987
01-25-2015, 04:31 PM
DPOY, MVP, 6th MOY, and MIP.

DaSeba5
01-25-2015, 04:33 PM
DPOY, MVP, 6th MOY, and MIP.

You are forgetting Finals MVP. He's going to carry us to our 4th title.

LAZERUSS
01-25-2015, 05:43 PM
CavlaliersFTW we need his measurements ASAP !!!

In case you are REALLY interested, he was measured at 6-10 1/2 in 2010. His weight was 227 then, as well, but obviously he weighs considerably more now.

Human Error
01-25-2015, 05:55 PM
*checks his stats*

I can't stop laughing. Better luck next year kiddo.
His current stats are made of lots of 1 pts, 0 rbds games because Spoelstra refused to play him early in the season. In the last ten games he has been averaging 13 and 10 on 70% shooting so the stats will follow as well.

Dresta
01-25-2015, 06:17 PM
In case you are REALLY interested, he was measured at 6-10 1/2 in 2010. His weight was 227 then, as well, but obviously he weighs considerably more now.
9'5 standing reach though. That's around the same as Shaq's, right? He does have crazy long arms, really muscular and strong also. Think he has incredible potential tbh.

GOBB
01-25-2015, 06:27 PM
His current stats are made of lots of 1 pts, 0 rbds games because Spoelstra refused to play him early in the season. In the last ten games he has been averaging 13 and 10 on 70% shooting so the stats will follow as well.

You don't get MIP for a few good games. He has a ways to go to get the award.

RoseCity07
01-25-2015, 06:41 PM
His stat line is just f*cking sick. How is this guy not getting more PT? This is what Greg Oden was supposed to be when he was drafted. This kid was a second rounder?

My god teams are terrible at scouting bigs. DeAndre Jordan was a second rounder too wasn't he? Even though he was compared to Dwight. I don't get it. Guys like Drummond fell in the draft as well.

HomieWeMajor
01-25-2015, 06:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bsr5nErCUAAKZgi.jpg:large
Taken last July
He's probably 7 foot now aswell

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-25-2015, 06:53 PM
His stat line is just f*cking sick. How is this guy not getting more PT? This is what Greg Oden was supposed to be when he was drafted. This kid was a second rounder?

My god teams are terrible at scouting bigs. DeAndre Jordan was a second rounder too wasn't he? Even though he was compared to Dwight. I don't get it. Guys like Drummond fell in the draft as well.
He's been floating around the league for 5 years now. Maybe he just wasn't that good up until he signed with the Heat.

GrapeApe
01-25-2015, 06:58 PM
You don't get MIP for a few good games. He has a ways to go to get the award.

It's a longshot for him to win it, but he's put himself in the running. If Spo wasn't so stubborn and played him from the start of the season he'd be running away with the award, not to mention the Heat would likely have a much better record. At this moment, Wiltside is arguably a top 5 center in the league. How crazy is that?

GOBB
01-25-2015, 07:43 PM
It's a longshot for him to win it, but he's put himself in the running. If Spo wasn't so stubborn and played him from the start of the season he'd be running away with the award, not to mention the Heat would likely have a much better record. At this moment, Wiltside is arguably a top 5 center in the league. How crazy is that?

:biggums:

No he's not. Stop it.

CavaliersFTW
01-25-2015, 07:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bsr5nErCUAAKZgi.jpg:large
Taken last July
He's probably 7 foot now aswell
He certainly filled out, that's normal but it's not likely for anyone to grow in height after 20 years old

GrapeApe
01-25-2015, 08:31 PM

No he's not. Stop it.

It was hyperbole, but it's more of an indictment of the lack of quality centers in the league. His per minute production has been amazing though at around 16/13/5 per 36. The impact he's had on the floor is undeniable.

RightTwoCensor
01-25-2015, 08:34 PM

JimmyMcAdocious
01-25-2015, 08:39 PM

Well sometimes they turn out to be Ryan Hollins or Jan Vesely. But, yeah, if I'm in the second round, don't have a particular need, and no great prospect mysteriously fell in my lap, I'm taking my chance on a freak 6-11+ athlete and try to coach him up.

RightTwoCensor
01-25-2015, 08:40 PM
It was hyperbole, but it's more of an indictment of the lack of quality centers in the league. His per minute production has been amazing though at around 16/13/5 per 36. The impact he's had on the floor is undeniable.
Gasol
Howard
Cousins
Bogut
Chandler
Jordan
Jefferson
Gortat
Healthy Pek
Vucevic
Hibbert
Drummond
Lopez
Gobert
Wright

All would have a higher impact in Miami than Whiteside.

GOBB
01-25-2015, 08:46 PM

Yeah. There has been some quality d league additions this season.

HiphopRelated
01-25-2015, 08:57 PM
Gasol
Howard
Cousins
Bogut
Chandler
Jordan
Jefferson
Gortat
Healthy Pek
Vucevic
Hibbert
Drummond
Lopez
Gobert
Wright

Not necessarily.

Whiteside per minute production has him at historical levels of rebounding and shot blocking.

I mean Lopez for example would clearly not bring what makes Whiteside so important

GrapeApe
01-25-2015, 09:13 PM
Gasol
Howard
Cousins
Bogut
Chandler
Jordan
Jefferson
Gortat
Healthy Pek
Vucevic
Hibbert
Drummond
Lopez
Gobert
Wright

I'm talking about per minute impact/production. Wiltside's updated per 36 numbers are 17/14/6 on 69% shooting. That's as impactful as any center in the league while on the floor.

Dresta
01-26-2015, 06:11 AM
Gasol
Howard
Cousins
Bogut
Chandler
Jordan
Jefferson
Gortat
Healthy Pek
Vucevic
Hibbert
Drummond
Lopez
Gobert
Wright

:roll:

haha, what a ****ing idiot this guy has shown himself to be. Lopez? Seriously, you need to actually watch Whiteside play.

HOoopCityJones
01-26-2015, 06:14 AM
OP the type of ni99a who send his homies "Good Morning" texts.

ArbitraryWater
01-26-2015, 08:10 AM
Whiteside is DPOTY material, Top 5 Center in the NBA.

The clear top 3 are Howard/Cousins/Gasol, then its up for grabs between Wiltside, Vuc, Al Jeff, Al Horford.

BigTicket
01-26-2015, 09:33 AM
The award is for most improved player. Butler was already quite good last year, while Whiteside was in the D-league ...

As such I think Whiteside has clearly improved more, but he will need to keep it up for the rest of the season, a few games in January are not going to cut it.

AnaheimLakers24
01-26-2015, 09:40 AM
Better than bran

poido123
01-26-2015, 10:57 AM
The award is for most improved player. Butler was already quite good last year, while Whiteside was in the D-league ...

As such I think Whiteside has clearly improved more, but he will need to keep it up for the rest of the season, a few games in January are not going to cut it.

Well no, he had a rather ordinary year.

I like Whiteside, but he has a ways to go to overtake Butler or even Green.

BigTicket
01-26-2015, 11:15 AM
Well no, he had a rather ordinary year.

I like Whiteside, but he has a ways to go to overtake Butler or even Green.

A year ago Whiteside was playing for Al Mouttahed Tripoli of the Lebanese Basketball League, while Butler was already averaging 13ppg and playing good D in the NBA.

I think we can both agree that Butler was much better at that point, right ?

Going from 13ppg in the NBA to 20ppg in the NBA is a very nice improvement. Going from the Lebanese league to dominating the Bulls frontline is a nearly unbelievable improvement.

poido123
01-26-2015, 11:20 AM
A year ago Whiteside was playing for Al Mouttahed Tripoli of the Lebanese Basketball League, while Butler was already averaging 13ppg and playing good D in the NBA.

I think we can both agree that Butler was much better at that point, right ?

Going from 13ppg in the NBA to 20ppg in the NBA is a very nice improvement. Going from the Lebanese league to dominating the Bulls frontline is a nearly unbelievable improvement.

Do you weigh in on stats or actual impact?

Butler has both.

Whiteside has yet to influence more than 2 games this year that contributed to wins.

If he can average these insane stats for the rest of the year, it would be hard to deny Whiteside, even though Butler is impacting the Bulls a lot more...

aj1987
01-26-2015, 11:23 AM

Butler has both.

Whiteside has yet to influence more than 2 games this year that contributed to wins.

If he can average these insane stats for the rest of the year, it would be hard to deny Whiteside, even though Butler is impacting the Bulls a lot more...
Won't disagree with you on Butler, but Whiteside has been amazing in almost all the games he has play this season. Even in limited minutes, he was a flat out monster.

navy
01-26-2015, 11:24 AM
Wiltside might go Jeremy Lin or Finals Wilt on us. (He wont), but you cant give it to him yet.

poido123
01-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Won't disagree with you on Butler, but Whiteside has been amazing in almost all the games he has play this season. Even in limited minutes, he was a flat out monster.

From the games I've watched him, he has good around the basket instincts, plays the pick and roll well with the guards, great timing on his blocks, and very active looking for rebounds.

We've had a couple of gems pop up this year from nowhere, Langston Galloway and Covington are two others I've liked too...

I think NBA teams should utilise D-League players in light of the success seen this year.

Dresta
01-26-2015, 12:47 PM

Butler has both.

Whiteside has had an enormous impact on the game just about every time he's stepped on the court over the past month. On the other hand, Butler was invisible yesterday - completely outplayed by Wade on both ends, and had **** all 'actual impact.'

Lets forget most improved: through January, Whiteside has been a superior player to Butler, and had a greater impact.

jrong
01-26-2015, 01:50 PM
I'm trying not to be irrationally exuberant about this kid, but if Whiteside keeps this up, nobody is gonna want to play us in the playoffs.

He changes the whole team. Bosh can play the 4. Wade has an inside target, and pretty soon teams are gonna have to start guarding him, which means more space for Wade.

The Heat aren't getting killed on the boards anymore. And they have a rim protector if the guards get beat, so the guards can gamble more.

GOBB
01-26-2015, 08:43 PM

The history of how the award has been given out favors Butler. Kevin love, paul George to name a few won the award with similar stat increases as Butler (last yr-this yr).

poido123
01-26-2015, 08:49 PM
I'm trying not to be irrationally exuberant about this kid, but if Whiteside keeps this up, nobody is gonna want to play us in the playoffs.

He changes the whole team. Bosh can play the 4. Wade has an inside target, and pretty soon teams are gonna have to start guarding him, which means more space for Wade.

The Heat aren't getting killed on the boards anymore. And they have a rim protector if the guards get beat, so the guards can gamble more.

You're not, the kid is a top level centre imo. Does all the things a big man should do and more.

I'd love to see the heat face off against the Cavs in the playoffs. Whiteside blocking lebrons drives away at the rim :rockon: