01-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Kobe would be tom brady carried to his rings :applause:

Trollsmasher
01-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Even Kobe is a playoff God when compared to Peyton

9th one and done:roll:

JT123
01-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Usually Peyton's teammates let him down, but I can't defend his performance today.
Also, Peyton has never won back to back or gone to 4 straight super bowls, so this thread title doesn't make much sense.

alanLA92
01-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Usually Peyton's teammates let him down, but I can't defend his performance today.
Also, Peyton has never won back to back or gone to 4 straight super bowls, so this thread title doesn't make much sense.

The AFC ain't as weak as the East though. No free rounds in the playoffs. :lol

jzek
01-11-2015, 08:50 PM

Wait, are you saying that Tom Brady got carried?!?

Heavincent
01-11-2015, 08:55 PM
No, being a Peyton fan is much, much worse. Bran had great title runs in 2012 and 13, and is generally a great playoff performer.

Peyton shits the bed literally every single year. One and done 9 times, more home playoffs losses than any QB in history :oldlol: I could go on and on when it comes to his extremely underwhelming playoff resume.

There is no NBA comparison for Peyton.

Heavincent
01-11-2015, 08:57 PM

Trent Dilfer played better in his 2000 title run than Peyton did in 06. Not kidding.

Who was carrying who again?

Ariza4three
01-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Superbowl MVP 5 MVPS. Get mad :applause:

alanLA92
01-11-2015, 09:01 PM

43-8

Deuce Bigalow
Just like being a Wilt fan. Bringing back all those playoff memories huh Laz?

Im so nba'd out
1/17 jesus this looks so bad when you put it like this

305Baller
01-11-2015, 09:14 PM
2/5.

Ariza4three
01-11-2015, 09:16 PM
1/17 jesus this looks so bad when you put it like this
Well usually it's finals wins/finals appearances so yeah..........

JohnMax
01-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Too bad Peyton does not have a Ray Allen to bail him out

R.I.P.
01-11-2015, 09:31 PM
Well Bron wins that argument. He only has four teammates to carry him, Manning has 10. :lol

CelticBaller
01-11-2015, 09:31 PM
He's no Tom Brady

Euroleague
01-11-2015, 09:46 PM

9 times one and done in the playoffs - no other QB in history had more than 4.......

11-13 in the playoffs - most playoff losses ever - Favre is second with 11, but even he had a winning record in the playoffs at 13-11....

1 for 3 in the Super Bowl - which included paying terrible in the only Super Bowl he won, against Rex Grossman no less, pick 6 Peyton against the Saints, with the game on the line, and 43-8 with the best offense in NFL history against the Seahawks......................

Stay mad :applause:

Ariza4three
01-11-2015, 09:57 PM
9 times one and done in the playoffs - no other QB in history had more than 4.......

11-13 in the playoffs - most playoff losses ever - Favre is second with 11, but even he had a winning record in the playoffs at 13-11....

1 for 3 in the Super Bowl - which included paying terrible in the only Super Bowl he won, against Rex Grossman no less, pick 6 Peyton against the Saints, with the game on the line, and 43-8 with the best offense in NFL history against the Seahawks......................

tl;dr
5 MVPs

Shih508
01-11-2015, 10:34 PM

Kobe is Eli. Not a greatest talent, somehow got some lucky rings

smoovegittar
01-11-2015, 10:38 PM
No, being a Peyton fan is much, much worse. Bran had great title runs in 2012 and 13, and is generally a great playoff performer.

Peyton shits the bed literally every single year. One and done 9 times, more home playoffs losses than any QB in history :oldlol: I could go on and on when it comes to his extremely underwhelming playoff resume.

This. And I like Manning too, but it seems he withers in the playoffs.

Imtheman
01-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Stop

CelticBaller
01-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Nah, he is big ben

PieceOfFelt
01-11-2015, 10:51 PM
He's no Tom Brady

Rodgers is better than both of them.

CelticBaller
01-11-2015, 10:52 PM
Rodgers is better than both of them.
Rodgers is a beast though, but all time he has a lot to catch up

Ariza4three
01-11-2015, 10:55 PM
When Rodgers retires he'll be the GOAT

PieceOfFelt
01-11-2015, 10:56 PM

Yes, career wise they have accumulated more accolades. Rodgers however, has played at a higher level than they have ever played. He has more dimensions to his game than either of them and his decision making is unparalleled.

zoom17
01-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Luck has potential people.

CelticBaller
01-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Pretty much, luck has the chance to be behind him

Mr.Kite
01-11-2015, 11:04 PM
MJ is Joe Montana

Kobe is steve young

Bran is Peyton

LAZERUSS
01-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Manning is being compared to Lebron...who has gone to 5 Finals, and dominated in two of them?

Manning's teams have lost NINE times in the first round.

More like Hakeem "Mr. First Round Exit" himself (EIGHT first round exits in 15 post-seasons.)

PieceOfFelt
01-11-2015, 11:12 PM
MJ is Joe Montana

Kobe is steve young

Bran is Peyton

Montana was a wonderful player, easily one of the best QBs ever but don't ever compare him to Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan is on a different level.

305Baller
01-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Montana was a wonderful player, easily one of the best QBs ever but don't ever compare him to Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan is on a different level.

Montana had some decent SEGA games, tho.

Collie
01-11-2015, 11:25 PM
MJ is basically postseason Montana combined with regular season Peyton Manning.

sportjames23
01-12-2015, 01:52 AM
God stats during regular season. Choke in the playoff

Essentially.

That's why I laugh at the so-called experts who say Manning is the GOAT QB. GOATs elevate their game in the playoffs, win or lose. And I'm not saying he should have like 4 or 5 rings, but at LEAST have a winning post-season record.

sportjames23
01-12-2015, 01:55 AM

Damn, when Euroleague ethers you on a non-Euroleague thread...

sejoon101
01-12-2015, 03:20 AM

SHOCKED.

Nikka you follow handeggball??? The way you talk about euro ballers so much I could have SWORN you werent from the states.

Spurs5Rings2014
01-12-2015, 05:48 AM
SHOCKED.

Nikka you follow handeggball??? The way you talk about euro ballers so much I could have SWORN you werent from the states.

:roll:

SamuraiSWISH
01-12-2015, 06:19 AM

:applause:

True. I've watched all the elite QBs since GOAT, Joe Montana. Marino, Elway, Young, Favre, McNabb, Manning, Brady, and Brees

A-A-Ron Rodgers is better than all of them.

He's like a melting pot of Favre, Brady, and Young. But gets up, and performs in playoff pressure situations like GOATs. Unlike the perennial disappointment that is Peyton Manning.

Milbuck
01-12-2015, 06:21 AM

Euroleague watches football? :biggums:

SouBeachTalents
01-12-2015, 06:23 AM

True. I've watched all the elite QBs since GOAT, Joe Montana. Marino, Elway, Young, Favre, McNabb, Manning, Brady, and Brees

He's like a melting pot of Favre, Brady, and Young. But gets up, and performs in playoff pressure situations like GOATs. Unlike the perennial disappointment that is Peyton Manning.

Good luck to him next week, would honestly be one of the most impressive wins in recent NFL history if he beats that Seahawks defense in Seattle

riseagainst
01-12-2015, 11:54 AM
I agree that Lebron is the Peyton Manning of the NBA, where they both have great stats in the regular season, and make impressive plays, but when it comes to playoff time, big pressure moments, they both choke and cannot deliver. However Lebron is not even close to the legendary status that Peyton Manning is.
Kobe is like the Tom Brady of the NBA. Both extremely good looking. Both are multiple time champions, both deliver the goods in big time moments, and both get the most out of the weak supporting casts they have.
Both Peyton and Lebron have great supporting casts compared to Brady and Kobe but they choked.
This is why Brady is the 2nd greatest QB of all time, just like Kobe is the 2nd greatest SG of all time and top 10 all time. Peyton is still top 5 QB, however. But Lebron is only arguably top 15, ARGUABLY.

CelticBaller
01-12-2015, 12:34 PM

a chicago fan sucking up rodrgers?

lmao

Wally450
01-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Wait, are you saying that Tom Brady got carried?!?

He got carried to 3 rings by his defense. Hence why he's lost his last 2
Super Bowls.

CelticBaller
01-12-2015, 12:55 PM
He got carried to 3 rings by his defense. Hence why he's lost his last 2
Super Bowls.
that's why he won 2 SMVPs , had a passer rating of 92 in both of his repeat years, and won his first superbowl on a last drive?

gtfo

StephHamann
01-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Drew Brees = Dirk :applause:

kshutts1
01-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Apparently Manning played with a torn muscle... an injury that he sustained on Dec 14th.

When speaking of multi-million dollar contracts, and sports championships, I think it's the height of foolishness and possibly selfishness to play with a serious injury.

Kudos to any seriously injured player that sits out to rest up, and shame on those athletes that attempt to play through the pain/injury for so long.

It's not clear that Manning would have played better fully healthy (he has a miserable playoff record), but it is clear that he had time to rest/heal, and chose not to, thus making his personal ceiling significantly lower.

I don't respect people for playing through injuries like this when it doesn't really matter, only for it to still affect them when it does matter. I pity them.

oarabbus
01-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Essentially.

That's why I laugh at the so-called experts who say Manning is the GOAT QB. GOATs elevate their game in the playoffs, win or lose. And I'm not saying he should have like 4 or 5 rings, but at LEAST have a winning post-season record.

Yo I agree with what your point is here. But the winning post-season record isn't the best way to measure that. If you earned that bye you basically earned yourself one playoff win. Peyton got the bye last 3 years in a row.

That being said you definitely should still have a winning playoff record anyway, and Peyton is not GOAT QB.. that goes to my man Montana :pimp:

Hey Yo
01-12-2015, 06:05 PM

You're too young to have watched Montana, Marino, or Elway in their primes. That's why you think Rodgers is better.

Rodgers is very good but still not better than the 3 QB's I mentioned above at this point of his career.

SamuraiSWISH
01-12-2015, 06:22 PM
You're too young to have watched Montana, Marino, or Elway in their primes. That's why you think Rodgers is better.
I don't think Rodgers is better than those guys. Certainly not 'greater'.

Better than the other guys I listed though. Like Brady, Brees, Favre, and McNabb. Already a better playoff performer than Manning. In terms of ability, play making, decision making, and game management. He's the real deal. Doesn't have many holes in his repertoire.

Sidenote, a hero worshipping LeBron stan (surely in the 5 - 16 year old age bracket) tell me a) how old I am and b) who I saw play football?

Hey Yo
01-12-2015, 06:27 PM
I don't think Rodgers is better than those guys. Certainly not 'greater'.

Better than the other guys I listed though. Like Brady, Brees, Favre, and McNabb. Already a better playoff performer than Manning. In terms of ability, play making, decision making, and game management. He's the real deal. Doesn't have many holes in his repertoire.

Sidenote, a hero worshipping LeBron stan (surely in the 5 - 16 year old age bracket) tell me a) how old I am and b) who I saw play football?
If I remember correctly, you said you graduated from High School the same year LeBron did, no?

If so, then it's hard to remember or completely understand when watching as a 7,8,9 or 10yr old.

btw...he's not better than Brady at this point either. Brady's done a lot more with a lot less over the years.

ArbitraryWater
01-12-2015, 06:33 PM
I agree that Lebron is the Peyton Manning of the NBA, where they both have great stats in the regular season, and make impressive plays, but when it comes to playoff time, big pressure moments, they both choke and cannot deliver. However Lebron is not even close to the legendary status that Peyton Manning is.
Kobe is like the Tom Brady of the NBA. Both extremely good looking. Both are multiple time champions, both deliver the goods in big time moments, and both get the most out of the weak supporting casts they have.
Both Peyton and Lebron have great supporting casts compared to Brady and Kobe but they choked.
This is why Brady is the 2nd greatest QB of all time, just like Kobe is the 2nd greatest SG of all time and top 10 all time. Peyton is still top 5 QB, however. But Lebron is only arguably top 15, ARGUABLY.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/ok-then.gif

Papaya Petee
01-12-2015, 06:39 PM

No, that will be Andrew Luck,

PieceOfFelt
01-12-2015, 06:39 PM
If I remember correctly, you said you graduated from High School the same year LeBron did, no?

If so, then it's hard to remember or completely understand when watching as a 7,8,9 or 10yr old.

btw...he's not better than Brady at this point either. Brady's done a lot more with a lot less over the years.

Bullshit. Brady has had better defenses and offensive lines. This is the first time in years that Rodgers has a good offensive line. Rodgers is more precise, has as good if not better arm and is far more mobile. Rodgers has played at a higher level.

Hey Yo
01-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Bullshit. Brady has had better defenses and offensive lines. This is the first time in years that Rodgers has a good offensive line. Rodgers is more precise, has as good if not better arm and is far more mobile. Rodgers has played at a higher level.
I, myself at this point would take Brady as my starting QB considering his career, but it's highly debatable.

Really can't go wrong with either 2, though.

PieceOfFelt
01-12-2015, 06:53 PM
I, myself at this point would take Brady as my starting QB considering his career, but it's highly debatable.

Really can't go wrong with either 2, though.

At this stage you would rather have Brady? I can't understand that. Brady is still excellent but Rodgers is more dominant and brings more elements to the QB position.

SamuraiSWISH
01-12-2015, 06:58 PM
For you? Because not for me.

I mean I don't remember the peaks of Montana, and Marino. That was late 80s stuff. Did my research though on that period.

I do however remember Montana, and Marino in the early 90s. They were still great, not far past their peaks. I remember Elway's late career peak in the late 90s.

Don't tell me what I can, and cannot remember. I even recall Montana's KC days, similar to Peyton's Denver tenure as well.

PieceOfFelt
01-12-2015, 07:05 PM

I mean I don't remember the peaks of Montana, and Marino. That was late 80s stuff. Did my research though on that period.

I do however remember Montana, and Marino in the early 90s. They were still great, not far past their peaks. I remember Elway's late career peak in the late 90s.

Don't tell me what I can, and cannot remember. I even recall Montana's KC days, similar to Peyton's Denver tenure as well.

I've seen them all. Given that and taking into account the numbers, Rodgers has played as well as any of them. Doesn't mean he's accumulated the same amount of accolades as those guys, he obviously hasn't. But considering peak play he's every bit as good as any QB.

Hey Yo
01-12-2015, 07:09 PM

Big difference between researching and the eye test.

Considering you think Donovan McNabb was an an elite QB is all I need to know about your QB judgment.

Hey Yo
01-12-2015, 07:29 PM
At this stage you would rather have Brady? I can't understand that. Brady is still excellent but Rodgers is more dominant and brings more elements to the QB position.
"At this stage" meaning Brady's career. Of course if I was starting the season next year I would take Rodgers but there's only a handful of QB's in the history of the game I would take over Brady over their entire career.

Tom's one of the smartest modern era QB's I've ever seen play and that's not a knock on Rodgers.

PieceOfFelt
01-12-2015, 07:34 PM
"At this stage" meaning Brady's career. Of course if I was starting the season next year I would take Rodgers but there's only a handful of QB's in the history of the game I would take over Brady over their entire career.

Tom's one of the smartest modern era QB's I've ever seen play and that's not a knock on Rodgers.

Rodgers is every bit as smart as Brady. Rodgers is the best decision maker in the NFL. Comparing career achievements right now is rather pointless considering Brady has been starting for far longer but considering peak value and current value I think Rodgers edges Brady. His intelligence and decision making is the best.

R.I.P.
01-12-2015, 08:07 PM

Oh lord. You mean it will be even worse, if the Bucks ever become the best team in the league. At least Hawks fan don

GimmeThat
01-12-2015, 08:36 PM
I guess if Tony Dungy never retired.

would Peyton had won a few more with the Colts?

zoom17
01-12-2015, 08:40 PM
No, that will be Andrew Luck,

Leviathon1121
01-12-2015, 09:24 PM

Without Peyton the colts won what? 2 games?

Brady goes down in week 1 for a whole season and they still make the playoffs, must suck for Brady having to carry a team like that.

Cold soul
01-12-2015, 11:02 PM
This is how I see it cross sport comparisons.

Montana = MJ

Brady = Kobe

Manning = Lebron

CelticBaller
01-12-2015, 11:04 PM
Without Peyton the colts won what? 2 games?

Brady goes down in week 1 for a whole season and they still make the playoffs, must suck for Brady having to carry a team like that.
What?
First of all, an 18-1 team goes down to 11-5 after losing their star QB and they didn't even make the playoffs, not only that, but in 08 we had the easiest schedule in the league.

Now in 2010 Colts went from 10-7 with Manning to 2-14 without him , 8 game differential to a 7 game differential playing a weaker schedule than the year before

Sit your ass down and do some research

Rodmantheman
01-12-2015, 11:36 PM
What?
First of all, an 18-1 team goes down to 11-5 after losing their star QB and they didn't even make the playoffs, not only that, but in 08 we had the easiest schedule in the league.

Now in 2010 Colts went from 10-7 with Manning to 2-14 without him , 8 game differential to a 7 game differential playing a weaker schedule than the year before

Sit your ass down and do some research

Damn:roll: