PDA

View Full Version : clippers have the worst TV commentators

tomtucker
01-12-2015, 03:07 AM
clippers have the worst TV commentators..... :mad: :banghead: .......... a shame, i love to see the team play

old man with mustache is not even the worst, it

navy
01-12-2015, 03:10 AM
I like them. They arent boring like other commentators even if they say dumb things.

At least they are self aware and have fun. The rest of the league has some absolutely forgetful and dreadful commentary.

Done_And_Done
01-12-2015, 03:11 AM
Ever watch a Cleveland broadcast?

oarabbus
01-12-2015, 03:11 AM
I like them. They arent boring like other commentators even if they say dumb things.

At least they are self aware and have fun. The rest of the league has some absolutely forgetful and dreadful commentary.

I could not disagree more... Clippers are bottom 5 if not the absolute worst. Most teams commentators are much better.

masonanddixon
01-12-2015, 03:14 AM
Bingo!

fozi
01-12-2015, 03:33 AM
Stu Lantz is without a doubt the best color commentator for me..

This smith guy doesnt know the last 2 minute fouling rule. Was funny when he asked Ralph if he'd think Miami would foul DJ when it was like 1:43 or something.

I dont like most of the commentators out there but i think Golden State and Lakers are among the best.

masonanddixon
01-12-2015, 03:39 AM
Stu Lantz is without a doubt the best color commentator for me..

This smith guy doesnt know the last 2 minute fouling rule. Was funny when he asked Ralph if he'd think Miami would foul DJ when it was like 1:43 or something.

I dont like most of the commentators out there but i think Golden State and Lakers are among the best.

I think Dallas is the best. The guys are so unbiased its incredible. They are like British boxing fans; they care more about good basketball than the hometown team winning at all costs.

tomtucker
01-12-2015, 03:42 AM

I haggle

LoneyROY7
01-12-2015, 04:32 AM
I haggle

:lol

JohnFreeman
01-12-2015, 05:31 AM
oh me oh my

navy
01-12-2015, 05:35 AM
oh me oh my
My favorite quote. :lol

Sh0tee
01-12-2015, 05:37 AM
Disagree. Ralph Lawler is pretty much my favourite commentator in the NBA

dannywpt
01-12-2015, 06:23 AM
Clippers, Celtics, Cavaliers, Trail Blazers and Nuggets have absolutely awful broadcasts.

Nets, Knicks, Lakers, Raptors, Heat and Kings have really enjoyable broadcasts.

tomtucker
01-12-2015, 06:30 AM
Clippers, Celtics, Cavaliers, Trail Blazers and Nuggets have absolutely awful broadcasts.

spot on !:applause: ............ I would throw the Bulls commentators in the awful box as well........shit , neil funk is boring :mad:

masonanddixon
01-12-2015, 06:30 AM

Nuggets are horrible. That guy is so biased it ruins the games.

tomtucker
01-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Disagree. Ralph Lawler is pretty much my favourite commentator in the NBA

but he only does 30% of the commentary, smith is yapping non stop

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 11:36 AM
The Bulls Commentators and Celtics are definitely at the bottom.

StephHamann
01-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Bingo!

Me oh my!

Kblaze8855
01-12-2015, 11:42 AM
The Cavs are the worst for me. Only one ill switch to the other teams broadcast no matter who it is.

Ive had friends watching(ballstreams on my tv) point out that they like the Bulls announcers. Everyone hates the Cavs guy.

Memphis ive noticed is pretty good...Spurs not bad. There are a few who dont make you want to turn them off. The Lakers guys arent bad these days either. Warriors ok.

But the cavs...I cant take it.

Thorpesaurous
01-12-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm a Celtic fan, so I don't mind the silliness of Tommy Heinsohn, but I do recognize it.

I just learned about the awfulness of the Cavs broadcast over the summer watching them do Summer League. They are really bad. The Bulls are pretty bad.

The Clippers I've heard and thought they were alright. Sort of on the Knicks level. I'm local to the Knicks and enjoy the Clyde Frazier color, and while he's not as ridiculous as Heinson or some of the other local guys, he's just weird. He shoehorns in his silly rhymes, and sometimes seems a little mechanical in spite the colorfullness.

The Nets I also see local, and honestly they have the most professional local broadcast of any time I've seen. I'm sure it's in part to the fact that they have national broadcasters doing their local games. Marv Albert, Ian Eagle, and Mike Fratello are all national level guys. And they still do some fun colorful stuff during the broadcasts too. It's not nearly as stiff as a full national broadcast.

NugzFan
01-12-2015, 12:07 PM
The Cavs are the worst for me. Only one ill switch to the other teams broadcast no matter who it is.

Ive had friends watching(ballstreams on my tv) point out that they like the Bulls announcers. Everyone hates the Cavs guy.

Memphis ive noticed is pretty good...Spurs not bad. There are a few who dont make you want to turn them off. The Lakers guys arent bad these days either. Warriors ok.

But the cavs...I cant take it.

Spurs not bad? Did they fire Sean Elliot finally?

They Won
01-12-2015, 12:09 PM
I haven't been able to stand Clippers commentators since either Blake or CP3 came along. Their homerism just skyrocketed.

lilteapot
01-12-2015, 12:09 PM
I don't mind them. BINGOOO

Cleveland has by FAR the worst commentators, Blazers are awful too and Boston I'm not a big fan of. Tommy Heinsohn is like that loud deranged uncle at Thanksgiving dinner.

Jailblazers7
01-12-2015, 12:17 PM
I think Tommy Heinsohn is hilarious most of the time. He shamelessly shows his like and dislike for players on the Celtics, occasionally loses his shit for a foul call, and is just entertaining. Sure he's a homer but he's found a way to make it watchable.

But yeah, the Cavs are the worst. They are just cringeworthy.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Cavs are just awful. I keep saying this, but I just can't understand what Austin Carr is saying.

Clippers are the biggest homers, imo. Don't think they are terrible in terms of the calls and whatnot... They just can get unbelievably annoying as a usual neutral fan watching their games.

The one with the strong Texas accent is dreadful. Can never remember which Texas team. Tho the Rockets have Clyde, right? He's bad, too.

Warriors are the best. Heat are pretty great as well and I don't mind the Raptors because of that Raftery sound alike. Lakers aren't bad either. I've found their humility these last couple years when they have been getting their ass kicked charming.

lilteapot
01-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Cavs are just awful. I keep saying this, but I just can't understand what Austin Carr is saying.

Clippers are the biggest homers, imo. Don't think they are terrible... They just can get unbelievably annoying.

The one with the strong Texas accent is dreadful. Can never remember which Texas team. Tho the Rockets have Clyde, right? He's bad, too.

Warriors are the best, imo. Heat are pretty great as well and I don't mind the Raptors because of that Raftery sound alike. Lakers aren't bad either. I've found their humility these last couple years when they have been getting their ass kicked charming.

I love the Lakers announcers, they have some good banter, not huge homers and are pretty objective. I also like Minnesota's team and like you mentioned, the Warriors.

BasedTom
01-12-2015, 04:50 PM
I think Dallas is the best. The guys are so unbiased its incredible. They are like British boxing fans; they care more about good basketball than the hometown team winning at all costs.
Are you on crack? Everything about that post is just completely false

BasedTom
01-12-2015, 05:07 PM
I'm convinced that Tommy Heinsohn does not enjoy watching the game of basketball unless every single thing is going in the Celtic's favor.

I can't stand Austin Carr either.

jayfan
01-12-2015, 05:24 PM
George Blaha rules. Still.

toneloc103
01-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Ever watch a Cleveland broadcast?

/thread

turret
01-12-2015, 06:18 PM
kyreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

just once is all u need to know cavs are the worst

Young X
01-12-2015, 06:30 PM
I don't mind them at all, even Mike Smith. The Laker (Stu Lantz) and Heat commentators are the best IMO. How come the Portland commentator is so quiet? Even when a player makes an exciting play he still sounds like he's talking in a library. :biggums:

Teanett
01-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Cavs have the worst. the dude sounds drunk or/and retarded.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-12-2015, 06:33 PM
What is your guys' issue w/ the Cleveland broadasters? Not a fan of them by any means, just curious about the vitriol y'all have for them. :oldlol: I might be biased, growing up listening to LA telecasts and all, but Ralph Lawler for the Clippers and Stu's color commentating for the Lakers are straight up GOLD. Love those guys and their insight, as they make every game sound important.

KrizMiz
01-12-2015, 06:39 PM
this clips broadcasters gave me ear-cancer...

first and definetly last game i watched them. glad the heat finished them off with ease

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 06:47 PM
What is your guys' issue w/ the Cleveland broadasters? Not a fan of them by any means, just curious about the vitriol y'all have for them. :oldlol: I might be biased, growing up listening to LA telecasts and all, but Ralph Lawler for the Clippers and Stu's color commentating for the Lakers are straight up GOLD. Love those guys and their insight, as they make every game sound important.

They are so Bias it's crazy.

senelcoolidge
01-12-2015, 07:07 PM
All team tv commentators are homers, but some are a lot worse than others. The Clippers guys are never nasty toward the opposition unlike some other franchises. The Clipper guys keep it classy. They can be corny, but are no where near the worst.

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 07:11 PM
All team tv commentators are homers, but some are a lot worse than others. The Clippers guys are never nasty toward the opposition unlike some other franchises. The Clipper guys keep it classy. They can be corny, but are no where near the worst.

The Heat commentators give props when ever a player on the other team performs a great play. They also don't scream and rant (Celtics) or stay silent and screaming wadeeeeeee (Cavs).

atljonesbro
01-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Clippers suck. Worst crap I've ever heard.

I also heard people don't like the Hawks commentators (I like them for obvious reasons) as well as Ryan Cameron our PA guy because of, "Kyleeeeee Kooooorrrrrrvvvverrrr for THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

steve franchise
01-12-2015, 08:09 PM
It has to be the Spurs commentators.. so annoying

Done_And_Done
01-12-2015, 08:25 PM

Aside from sounding like a drunken autistic Ogre who chews marbles like gum while on air, Austin Carr is just flat out annoying and cringe worthy to listen to. Not every made three pointer needs to be celebrated like the end of a New Years countdown. Him and his buddy just sound better suited for announcing acts at a circus or something. All jokes aside.... They really do just suck... And to be honest, I find that they take away from the experience of watching the game.

andgar923
01-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Clippers commentators are the most entertaining bar none. For years they had a sucky team and had to keep their audiences tuned in, the rapport that Mike and Ralph have is the best.

But Ralph and Walton were even better. They'd throw jabs at each other all the time, they were always fun to listen to.

Height Freak
01-12-2015, 08:55 PM

Yes, they have a very smart, talented and funny crew!

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 09:01 PM
Aside from sounding like a drunken autistic Ogre who chews marbles like gum while on air, Austin Carr is just flat out annoying and cringe worthy to listen to. Not every made three pointer needs to be celebrated like the end of a New Years countdown. Him and his buddy just sound better suited for announcing acts at a circus or something. All jokes aside.... They really do just suck... And to be honest, I find that they take away from the experience of watching the game.

:roll: :oldlol: :applause:

DoodleDa
01-12-2015, 09:20 PM
How are the Clippers commentators entertaining in any way? Them and the Cavs commentators are by far the worst in the league.

Any shot made by the Clips is a top 10 play of all time, no enthusiasm at all for the other team's great plays, Clips can do no wrong because it's always the refs or the other team. Overall they're just so incredibly biased that it's cringe-worthy to listen to them for a whole game.

andgar923
01-12-2015, 09:56 PM
How are the Clippers commentators entertaining in any way? Them and the Cavs commentators are by far the worst in the league.

Any shot made by the Clips is a top 10 play of all time, no enthusiasm at all for the other team's great plays, Clips can do no wrong because it's always the refs or the other team. Overall they're just so incredibly biased that it's cringe-worthy to listen to them for a whole game.

WTF are you talking about? They always give props when props are due. And they DO criticize their team when they don't play up to par, but why would they be criticizing their team?

Ralph and Mike are filled with behind the scenes stories and anecdotes, they throw jabs at each other to keep things lively. And EVERY set of announcers are biased, who cares.

dontgetchoked
01-12-2015, 10:15 PM
I don't like the raptors commentators