PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain to me why Melo, possibly Kobe, may be shut down for a season?

BigBoss
01-12-2015, 08:34 AM
What about all those fans who pay money to watch these guys play? How many average Joe's go to work and don't make much in sales? What type of precedence does it create for your franchise if your giving up before the all star break?

Do you agree with shutting players down this early?

MellowYellow
01-12-2015, 08:42 AM
Melo isn't shutting it down until after the all-star break. He is just taking a couple weeks to see if it will help his knee out just like Lebron is taking a couple weeks off.

D-FENS
01-12-2015, 08:47 AM
Current era of players are physically, mentally and emotionally weak.

AirFederer
01-12-2015, 09:27 AM
The league has a responsibility to its fans and can not accept that two of their all stars are sitting out because their teams are tanking. :facepalm

There can be no other explanation possible than tanking when sitting has been suggested at this time...

It`s shameful :banghead:

Rose'sACL
01-12-2015, 09:35 AM
Melo isn't shutting it down until after the all-star break. He is just taking a couple weeks to see if it will help his knee out just like Lebron is taking a couple weeks off.
melo hasn't played close to the minutes lebron has played in last 4 years. I don't blame melo though. It is clearly a phil jackson move. Melo is just happy to go along with it.

The league has a responsibility to its fans and can not accept that two of their all stars are sitting out because their teams are tanking. :facepalm

There can be no other explanation possible than tanking when sitting has been suggested at this time...

It`s shameful :banghead:
This is wrong. Spurs did it. Robinson could have played some games but he didn't do it. It is just the right way given the rules for lottery.

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 10:12 AM
They may shut them down because the Knicks aren't doing anything and will suck. Kobe however is because of him being tired and the mileage build up.

I don't think they should shut down because fans come to watxh them play and want to see them play.