PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat's excuses for why they are under .500

305Baller
01-12-2015, 03:28 PM
As the Heat flounders at 15-21, the questions must be asked:

How can a team with two All-Star talents be languishing six games below .500? And how can Heat teams that featured only one All-Star at that time (Dwyane Wade) win 43 and 47 games -- and finish fifth in the East the two years before LeBron James arrived --- whereas this team with Wade and Chris Bosh stands eighth in a diluted conference, on pace for 34 wins?

Injuries play a large role; Wade has missed as many games (eight) as he missed combined in those final two pre-LeBron seasons. Bosh also has missed eight. But that doesn

BasedTom
01-12-2015, 03:37 PM
I think that they can make a run. If they can try taking Brooklyn's spot and moving on from there, then the season can be salvaged

edit: we're already tied with the nets. Even better.

305Baller
01-12-2015, 03:42 PM
I think that they can make a run. If they can try taking Brooklyn's spot and moving on from there, then the season can be salvaged

edit: we're already tied with the nets. Even better.

I agree. A good winning streak to put them at .500 and then some solid winning bball going into the post-season will have them in position for the upset.

This team already looks very different than the team it started the season with.

BasedTom
01-12-2015, 03:47 PM
I agree. A good winning streak to put them at .500 and then some solid winning bball going into the post-season will have them in position for the upset.

This team already looks very different than the team it started the season with.
Well we were first in the East and had Spurs/Hawks like ball-movement for like the first week.

But yeah, there's been some good signs from these past couple of games. Even in the losses.

Mass Debator
01-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Chemistry. The line ups have been too inconsistent that building chemistry with one and another has been difficult. They started the season hot because the same line up that was playing were playing together since the summer. Then McRoberts got healthy and plugged in. Wade got injured. Granger started playing. Shabazz was sent to the D-league. Wade got healthy. Birdman and Haslem got healthy. Bosh and McRoberts got injured. Shawne Williams starts than unstarts. Bosh gets healthy. They pick up Whiteside. Chalmers now starts...etc.

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Coaching has been he Main Problem for me

305Baller
01-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Well we were first in the East and had Spurs/Hawks like ball-movement for like the first week.

But yeah, there's been some good signs from these past couple of games. Even in the losses.

Yeah. That was great while it lasted.

DonDadda59
01-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Their 2 best players have each missed 9 games a piece? :confusedshrug:

Anyone know what their record is when Bosh, Wade, and Deng are in the starting lineup?

GrapeApe
01-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Yesterday's win was very encouraging. Aside from McRoberts, they are FINALLY healthy. Now they can work on developing some chemistry and cohesion, something that has been nearly impossible with the ever-changing lineups. I think they'll start stringing together some wins and hopefully be back at .500 by the all star break.

jlip
01-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Their 2 best players have each missed 9 games a piece? :confusedshrug:

Anyone know what their record is when Bosh, Wade, and Deng are in the starting lineup?

I think it is 10-11.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2015_start.html#start_summary::none