PDA

View Full Version : In the future, when some kid asks you.....

sweggeh
01-12-2015, 03:36 PM
To tell him about the fabled Miami Heat team of 2010 - 2014. The fabled Heatles.

http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/lebron-james-chris-bosh-and-dwyane-wade.jpg

What do you say?

Possibly the greatest team in the modern era. A team that shouldn't have been, in many peoples eyes. Some saw them as a stain on the history in basketball, some saw them as the best thing to happen to the NBA in years.

Extremely controversial, the most hated team in the history of the NBA. Possibly one of the most hated in the history of sports. But just remember, the key to an amazing story often lies in having a truly hated and feared villain.

http://style.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/style/2014/03/lebron-james-mask-1.jpg

Lets not forget the historic moments the Heatles era gave us. From the almighty collapse against Dallas, to "The Shot" from Ray Allen. The Chris Bosh champagne celebrations. Basketball was really alive in this era.

Ever since Lebron got dragged back to that carcass of a city known as Cleveland Ohio, the NBA hasn't really been the same. But at least we can be safe in the knowledge that somewhere early in the 21st century, there was a basketball team that, for four short years, truly captivated the world.

I will never forget.

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-TM156_lebron_G_20120622003602.jpg

#Big3forever #N6verforg3t #Allenfor3 #****Cleveland

BasedTom
01-12-2015, 03:45 PM
It's really sad that we couldn't see a Heat vs Lakers series. The shitstorm would have been amazing.

lilteapot
01-12-2015, 03:46 PM
I tell them that that team had a great and storied run, even though they may not have been successful all four years.

Fudge
01-12-2015, 03:48 PM
Probably one of the more disappointing "super teams" of all-time, given the talent that they had. 2/4 isn't bad, but I think they should've/could've achieved much more during their time together.

BuffaloBill
01-12-2015, 03:49 PM
I tell them that that team had a great and storied run, even though they may not have been successful all four years.

I missread "storied" for "steroid"

JohnnySic
01-12-2015, 03:50 PM
2/4 is just fine. Spurs should have beaten them in '13.

lilteapot
01-12-2015, 03:51 PM
I missread "storied" for "steroid"
Cool

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Probably one of the more disappointing "super teams" of all-time, given the talent that they had. 2/4 isn't bad, but I think they should've/could've achieved much more during their time together.

Agreed a team like that should have won more Titles. Probably could have won 2-3 more if they stayed together for the rest of their Careers.

ralph_i_el
01-12-2015, 04:03 PM
The NBA hasn't been the same since Bron went back home? I agree, it's be worlds better. This is the most entertaining season in years.

Megabox!
01-12-2015, 04:15 PM
I already miss those Big 3 Heat teams :cry:

305Baller
01-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Fun and exhausting.

High expectations are exhausting.

WallIn
01-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Funny how people cling on to the past, in 2010 Lebron was the #1 enemy of the basketball world and now people want him back in Miami.

smoovegittar
01-12-2015, 06:24 PM
I'll tell him "Weak Era", like most of the young 'uns believe.

ArbitraryWater
01-12-2015, 06:28 PM
If Bron would have gone to Miami in 2010 we would have an EPIC ECF and Heat v.s. Lakers Finals... damn

Papaya Petee
01-12-2015, 06:34 PM
If Bron would have gone to Miami in 2010 we would have an EPIC ECF and Heat v.s. Lakers Finals... damn
I don't know about how good that Heat vs Lakers series would be. The Lakers beat the old Celtics in 7 games, with one of the worst officiated game 7 in a long time.

2010 You're looking at a 1 year younger Wade and LeBron, which were both better than the Wade and LeBron the following seasons.

I just feel like that series would go Miamis way in 6 games at the most.

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 06:42 PM
I already miss those Big 3 Heat teams :cry:

I don't in a way glad they split up.

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 06:43 PM
I don't know about how good that Heat vs Lakers series would be. The Lakers beat the old Celtics in 7 games, with one of the worst officiated game 7 in a long time.

2010 You're looking at a 1 year younger Wade and LeBron, which were both better than the Wade and LeBron the following seasons.

Depends on if Lebron chokes or not.

ArbitraryWater
01-12-2015, 06:48 PM

Oh, but how is that not a great series?

Would have been a spectacle... Wade/LeBron finish LA and Kobe/Gasol in their building.

Even seing Miami trash them in 5 or so would be very memorable.

Doranku
01-12-2015, 06:52 PM

:oldlol: The Heat got taken to 7 games by an even OLDER Celtics team.

Laker bigs would have a field day against that awful Heat front-court of 2010. Kobe was playing phenomenal at the time coming off that ridiculous Suns series and outside of Game 7 he was really good against the Celtics as well.

Wade would have been an issue but LeBron was still a bitch in 2010. MWP would've locked him down the same way he locked KD down in the first round. Gasol would easily get the better of Bosh in that matchup.

Lakers win that series easily. It's a nightmare matchup for the Heat.

Papaya Petee
01-12-2015, 06:59 PM
:oldlol: The Heat got taken to 7 games by an even OLDER Celtics team.

Laker bigs would have a field day against that awful Heat front-court of 2010. Kobe was playing phenomenal at the time coming off that ridiculous Suns series and outside of Game 7 he was really good against the Celtics as well.

Wade would have been an issue but LeBron was still a bitch in 2010. MWP would've locked him down the same way he locked KD down in the first round. Gasol would easily get the better of Bosh in that matchup.

Lakers win that series easily. It's a nightmare matchup for the Heat.

:wtf: the 2011 Celtics team was better than the 2010 Celtics team, more healthy, won 6 more games, and were the favorite to win the East, yet the 2011 Heat trashed them in 5 games.
2012 Heat had no Bosh for the series and Wade had knee issues already, completely different conversation. Thats why it went to 7.

MWP never had much success with LeBron, and were talking about LeBron in his best year, 30\9\7 season, he's not being locked down by anyone. Maybe limited at best.

I agree Gasol would win his matchup with Bosh, but you have 2 of the 3 best players in the NBA at the time on the same team. Too much firepower, too much athleticism. As good as Kobe was in those playoffs, Wade was phenomenal and that match-up would of been a wash.

What front-court? Andrew Bynum was essentially a no-show for the Lakers in those playoffs, averaged 9\6 if I remember correctly. Pau Gasol was the only legitimate threat on the post for that team.

Heat in 6 at most.

colts19
01-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Not 3