PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jenning has been killin' it !!! Where em Haters!

imnew09
01-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Since J Smith left, Brandon jenning has been legit ! Fk the haters

Oh yes he just dropped 34 points 10 dimes on them Raptors!!

Edit: 01-21-2015, 24 points 21 ASSISTS !!!

DirkLegend41
01-12-2015, 10:49 PM

LOL Laker fans supporting their Cali boys. Jennings still sucks. This won't last long.

embersyc
01-12-2015, 10:52 PM
Not to mention that game sealing steal. Jennings is streaky no doubt, but now when he is having an off night Augustin takes his place.

Eric Cartman
01-12-2015, 10:53 PM
Coach Nick said this was unsustainable

KG SAID EVERY THING IS POSSIBLE

So I'm on the fence here but even with Jennings playing at an average level this team is solid

Richesly
01-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Question, I'm curious if the Hawks defense is really this good, but did the Pistons just constantly chuck up 3s or long twos with zero ball movement, no plays being ran, and no utilization of their big man whatsoever on the offensive end?

KempSonics
01-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Was just going to start a Brandon Jennings appreciating thread! :rockon:

atljonesbro
01-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Jennings help pad the Hawks lead in the East. Nice. Hawks asserting themselves as the far and away favorites in the East.

Kungfro
01-12-2015, 11:02 PM
Not to mention that game sealing steal. Jennings is streaky no doubt, but now when he is having an off night Augustin takes his place.

I don't think he missed a single floater going into the paint either, Raps had no answer for him tonight.

Detroit
01-12-2015, 11:02 PM
Question, I'm curious if the Hawks defense is really this good, but did the Pistons just constantly chuck up 3s or long twos with zero ball movement, no plays being ran, and no utilization of their big man whatsoever on the offensive end?

Your hating posts are hilarious, keep it going bruh:roll:

Bay Area Baller
01-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Was just going to start a Brandon Jennings appreciating thread! :rockon:

Funny I too was going to slobber all over jennings b/c of his one night stand performance tonight, heres hoping he doesn't regress to the inefficient iso chucker he is.:roll: :roll:

Richesly
01-12-2015, 11:04 PM
Your hating posts are hilarious, keep it going bruh:roll:

I was actually not hating, I was stating 100% fact. Do you not agree about what I was stating? I watched the whole game, and anyone else who is objective would agree with me. KCP chucked up every shot he took.

atljonesbro
01-12-2015, 11:05 PM
I was actually not hating, I was stating 100% fact. Do you not agree about what I was stating? I watched the whole game, and anyone else who is objective would agree with me. KCP chucked up every shot he took.
This is true. He shot shot 16 3's. The Hawks defense is too good for the East. They are heavy favorites right now.

Richesly
01-12-2015, 11:07 PM
Jeff Teague has been playing better over the last 6 games and there are no threads saying hes been killing it.

BJ: 21.5/6 over last 6 games.
JT: 24.8/8 over last 6 games.

So, even when BJ is peaking, he is still not playing as good as Jeffy Jeff.

embersyc
01-12-2015, 11:17 PM
WTF man, shut up about the goddamned Hawks.

Detroit
01-12-2015, 11:19 PM
Jeff Teague has been playing better over the last 6 games and there are no threads saying hes been killing it.

Jenning had a good game and that's why there is a thread. If you believe that Teague had a better 6 game streach, then go make a thread about it buddy. Stop thread crapping and hating. Screw the Hawks, GO PISTONS!

Richesly
01-12-2015, 11:19 PM
I respect teams, like the bucks, that actually play real ball, know how to space the floor, and follow what the coach says.

Not a team full of hot chuckers. It's alright though, they'll come back to earth.

imnew09
01-12-2015, 11:20 PM

Jenning was struggling hard pre-J Smith trade, now he has been playing extremely well. Just tryna appreciate Jenning's effort, now GTFO hater

Richesly
01-12-2015, 11:20 PM
Jenning had a good game and that's why there is a thread. If you believe that Teague had a better 6 game streach, then go make a thread about it buddy. Stop thread crapping and hating. Screw the Hawks, GO PISTONS!

I'm not hating though. I'm impressed by the Piston's streak.

Hating would be saying Pistons are a garbage team and having no facts to back it up.

Droid101
01-12-2015, 11:21 PM
God it's so hard being a legit die-hard Hawks fan with these other retarded Hawk fans overblowing every single damn thing.

Rake2204
01-12-2015, 11:25 PM
God it's so hard being a legit die-hard Hawks fan with these other retarded Hawk fans overblowing every single damn thing.Nice. Glad to know you're a Hawks fan. I admit some other Hawks fans have been a touch overbearing of late, so it's good to have a balance.

Regarding Jennings - the real test of this Pistons team may be to see what happens when he goes through another super slump because... it's coming.

Richesly
01-12-2015, 11:29 PM
God it's so hard being a legit die-hard Hawks fan with these other retarded Hawk fans overblowing every single damn thing.

What exactly am I overblowing...? Brandon has been playing great, but I think killing it is an overstatement and something to say in the heat of the moment. Kemba Walker, for example, has been killing it. BJ has just been playing better than what his standard is held to, hence playing great.

Droid101
01-12-2015, 11:30 PM
What exactly am I overblowing...? Brandon has been playing great, but I think killing it is an overstatement and something to say in the heat of the moment. Kemba Walker, for example, has been killing it. BJ has just been playing better than what his standard is held to, hence playing great.
You're full on retarded. This is a thread about Jennings' good play lately. And THIS is what you chose to respond with:

Super irrelevant much? Go make your own stupid thread.

JebronLames
01-12-2015, 11:31 PM
Dropped him in fantasy :banghead:

Richesly
01-12-2015, 11:33 PM
You're full on retarded. This is a thread about Jennings' good play lately. And THIS is what you chose to respond with:

Super irrelevant much? Go make your own stupid thread.

It wasn't irrelevant. I did not watch the game and I would like to know how Pistons pulled off the win. I am not going to base a game off the box score like others do.

KempSonics
01-12-2015, 11:35 PM
You're acting like their offensive performance on Friday is the way they always play. It was a bit of a weird offensive performance with all the 3's but they dug themselves a hole and got a bit carried away with the 3's.

Rooster
01-12-2015, 11:37 PM
Nice. Glad to know you're a Hawks fan. I admit some other Hawks fans have been a touch overbearing of late, so it's good to have a balance.

Regarding Jennings - the real test of this Pistons team may be to see what happens when he goes through another super slump because... it's coming.

I have not seen any Piston game. So is he finally putting it together or he still the same Jennings?

Detroit
01-12-2015, 11:38 PM
It wasn't irrelevant. I did not watch the game and I would like to know how Pistons pulled off the win. I am not going to base a game off the box score like others do.

They won the game by outscoring their opponent.

Richesly
01-12-2015, 11:38 PM
You're acting like their offensive performance on Friday is the way they always play. It was a bit of a weird offensive performance with all the 3's but they dug themselves a hole and got a bit carried away with the 3's.

That is all I needed to know. The bashing I was getting for that simple question was uncalled for.

Detroit
01-12-2015, 11:47 PM
That is all I needed to know. The bashing I was getting for that simple question was uncalled for.

Sorry for the bashing, I just realized that the thread title was LOOKING for the haters. My apologies. Let the hate continue...

Rake2204
01-12-2015, 11:51 PM
I have not seen any Piston game. So is he finally putting it together or he still the same Jennings?I think he's still the same old Jennings, which isn't all bad. He's actually taken pretty nice care of the ball this season (over a 3:1 assist-to-turnover ratio).

But otherwise, I think it's just in his nature to be who he is - a guy who can take wild shots and go on unbelievable streaks when hot, but can then bottom out just as quickly. He's spectacular when he's on, but the degree of difficulty on all his shots inherently leads to a career of streaks.

Rooster
01-13-2015, 12:00 AM
I think he's still the same old Jennings, which isn't all bad. He's actually taken pretty nice care of the ball this season (over a 3:1 assist-to-turnover ratio).

But otherwise, I think it's just in his nature to be who he is - a guy who can take wild shots and go on unbelievable streaks when hot, but can then bottom out just as quickly. He's spectacular when he's on, but the degree of difficulty on all his shots inherently leads to a career of streaks.

Remind me of Van Exel then. He can kill any team when he's on but he can kill his own team when he's not. I think it's good to have one wild card like that off that bench but not one to carry a team.

Rake2204
01-13-2015, 12:09 AM
Remind me of Van Exel then. He can kill any team when he's on but he can kill his own team when he's not. I think it's good to have one wild card like that off that bench but not one to carry a team.Interesting comparison that I'd never thought of before. I feel like Van Exel had a little better shot selection but that also might be nostalgia. Both lefties too.

chocolatethunder
01-13-2015, 12:30 AM
Interesting comparison that I'd never thought of before. I feel like Van Exel had a little better shot selection but that also might be nostalgia. Both lefties too.
Van Exel didn't always have the greatest shot selection but it was better than Jennings. Van Exel was also a second round pick so he was thought of as an overachiever not an underachiever like Jennings.

Hotlantadude81
01-13-2015, 12:47 AM

Toronto has no defense.

sfballa13
01-13-2015, 01:45 AM
Jennings is killing it and Lakers supposedly want him

Jennings, Monroe, Augustin, Martin, Datome

for

Lin, Hill, Davis, Price

Lakers pair Jennings with Swaggy P, Monroe with Randle by getting him a year early and convincing him to stay, and they get some cheap bench players

Pistons shoot for the playoffs with Hill/Davis replacing Monroe and hopefully SVG can milk Lin at least to a 7th - 8th seed in the weak east

jayfan
01-13-2015, 07:29 AM

No, that was pretty much unique to the Hawks game. The Hawks defense took Detroit out of what they wanted to do, so they just jacked 3's in a panic for most of the game.

BigTicket
01-13-2015, 07:38 AM
Since Josh Smith was traded Jennings is averaging 20/7 on 47% FG, not bad at all :applause:

andremiller07
01-13-2015, 07:43 AM
Since Josh Smith was traded Jennings is averaging 20/7 on 47% FG, not bad at all :applause:
Should take Kyrie's ASG spot imo.

Richesly
01-13-2015, 09:00 AM
So he should get in the ASG over Teague?

sammichoffate
01-13-2015, 02:44 PM
So he should get in the ASG over Teague?Teague isn't making it over Lowry, Wall, Kyrie, or even Rose even if I think he deserves to be in the conversation.

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-13-2015, 02:56 PM
He'll come back down to Earth soon. He's playing the same way he always has (terrible shot selection/no right hand). Been a nice streak for him though

Jailblazers7
01-13-2015, 03:07 PM
To be fair, his advanced metrics are his best ever so far this season. Best TS%, AST%, WS/48, PER etc. So it might be a little more than just a hot streak.

I'd be interested to watch a Pistons game now to see if the offense looks visibly better. It could legitimately be that Smith was such a ball-stopping, floor-space-killing, crocodile-wrestling, shark-diving, volcano-luging, bear-fighting, snake-wrangling, motocross-racing cancer that Jennings is able to play at a higher level.

Rake2204
01-13-2015, 03:40 PM
To be fair, his advanced metrics are his best ever so far this season. Best TS%, AST%, WS/48, PER etc. So it might be a little more than just a hot streak.

I'd be interested to watch a Pistons game now to see if the offense looks visibly better. It could legitimately be that Smith was such a ball-stopping, floor-space-killing, crocodile-wrestling, shark-diving, volcano-luging, bear-fighting, snake-wrangling, motocross-racing cancer that Jennings is able to play at a higher level.Haha, spot on description of Smith.

I still believe in the boring answer though - that the truth is somewhere in the middle. Using last night as an example, Jennings canned a number of big shots off of shake-and-bake crossing a defender into a step-back fallaway. They look very impressive when they go in, but I do not believe those shots breed consistent play.

But yeah, in terms of taking care of the rock this year, he's actually done a nice job. And it's nice to see him back-cutting and converting on give-and-go plays, which he's good for a few times a game. With some of his shots, he gives the idea of just being a guy who's cool with chilling on the wing and operating with the ball in his hands, but he's done some good things elsewise.

HurricaneKid
01-13-2015, 03:49 PM

Oh. My. God.

Career low PPG, shooting .405 on a team way outside the playoffs and looking in, should be in the playoffs because he played well for a week?

I'll say this, if SVG can keep him playing at this level he is an all time head coach. Jennings has been the worst RAPM player in the NBA the last two years and has actually been quite useful this year. But he has had nice stretches in the past. He always goes back to being Brandon.

HurricaneKid
01-13-2015, 03:50 PM
To be fair, his advanced metrics are his best ever so far this season.

To be fair he was, by FAR, the worst player in the league the last two years in RAPM. So saying he has improved, well it doesn't mean much.

Smoke117
01-13-2015, 05:52 PM
See...he pretty much went back to his garbage shooting. (39% in last 5 games) Every player goes through streaks...but jennings will finish with his usual below 40% shooting and about 3/4ths of the 100 dumbest plays of the season.

imnew09
01-16-2015, 11:31 PM
another 33 points since Smith left :bowdown: :bowdown:

Rake2204
01-16-2015, 11:33 PM
another 33 points since Smith left :bowdown: :bowdown:Really nit-picking, but it was 33 after 3. Finished with 37.

imnew09
01-21-2015, 10:43 PM
24 points, 21 ASSISTS with 1 minute game time left :bowdown: :bowdown:

navy
01-21-2015, 10:45 PM
24 points, 21 ASSISTS with 1 minute game time left :bowdown: :bowdown:
:biggums:

ImKobe
01-21-2015, 10:46 PM
MVP

Springsteen
01-21-2015, 10:46 PM
21 ASSISTS

http://www.smartkeitai.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-lebron-james-nba.jpg

ralph_i_el
01-21-2015, 10:56 PM
He's always had the talent. Just needed the right situation, teammates, and coach.

embersyc
01-21-2015, 11:02 PM
He totally controlled this game, every time he came in the Pistons went on a big run, every time he was out for a while the Magic cut it back close. He's fun to watch when he has it going like tonight.