PDA

View Full Version : How heavily are the Hawks favored to come out of the East?

atljonesbro
01-12-2015, 11:21 PM
The East is looking weaker and weaker by the day and the Hawks are only looking stronger. They have the best record in the entire league vs .500+ teams which only adds to their credibility. I just don't see anyone in the East beating them in 7 games.

Richesly
01-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Threads like these are what feed trolls such as BuffaloBill and others that will just come in here and bring up past teams not being able to make it pass the 2nd round.

I do agree with you though, but i think it's time to chill on the Hawk threads for now, at least until we handle our business with GSW.

JebronLames
01-12-2015, 11:25 PM
Lebron

GOBB
01-12-2015, 11:28 PM
They wont get to the NBA Finals nor win it.
They wont get to the ECF nor win it.

2nd rd, maybe a 7 game series at that but loss.

Droid101
01-12-2015, 11:29 PM
Threads like these are what feed trolls such as BuffaloBill and others that will just come in here and bring up past teams not being able to make it pass the 2nd round.

Threads like these? Yeah. And every other post you two knuckleheads make.

atljonesbro
01-12-2015, 11:29 PM

What are you seeing from this current season that makes you feel this way?

atljonesbro
01-12-2015, 11:30 PM
Can y'all not handle the truth? The Hawks have easily been the most impressive team in the East. It's just a fact that y'all are going to have to learn to deal with until they start playing otherwise. Don't be mad at Hawks fans for pointing out the obvious.

Richesly
01-12-2015, 11:32 PM

All my recent threads as of late haven't been me being a homer at all. I think you're confusing me with hawkfan/atljonesbro. I like both posters, as I like all my fellow hawk fans, but even I agree they are going overboard with the threads, but I can't disagree with their opinion because what they are saying is true. They're just shoving it in people's faces more than it needs to be shoved, and I can't blame them. Hawks get no promotion from ESPN/TNT/CBS, so someone has to do it, right?

keep-itreal
01-12-2015, 11:33 PM
they don't have a elite player to close out games.

2nd round exit at best

beastee
01-12-2015, 11:34 PM
Season isn't even halfway over. They have not had a significant injury (they will) and three other teams in the east when hot can take them down in 7 games...oh and lebron James. You do not want to face him in the first or second round. They are clearly the best team now. But come seasons end another team in the east will have figured it out and you will look silly for all the bumped posts that will make you quit this board.

atljonesbro
01-12-2015, 11:34 PM

2nd round exit at best
They don't need an elite player to close games. They are changing basketball this season. Ultra team oriented play is gonna be the norm in a few years.

And Jeff Teague does a fine job in the clutch anyways.

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 11:36 PM

Agreed

atljonesbro
01-12-2015, 11:37 PM
Season isn't even halfway over. They have not had a significant injury (they will) and three other teams in the east when hot can take them down in 7 games...oh and lebron James. You do not want to face him in the first or second round. They are clearly the best team now. But come seasons end another team in the east will have figured it out and you will look silly for all the bumped posts that will make you quit this board.
Yeah but I've been nothing but right about the Hawks all season long and rest of the board has been wrong. They keep changing the standards higher and higher in hopes the Hawks don't accomplish one so they can pretend like they were right all along. Fortunately, the Hawks have hurdled every goal post set up with ease.

Richesly
01-12-2015, 11:37 PM

2nd round exit at best

Going to have to disagree with you there.

Teague is our closer, and Hawks are 5th in 4th quarter points scored, with Teague averaging 11 ppg in the 4th quarter.

beastee
01-12-2015, 11:38 PM
They are changing basketball this season.
You just lost all credibility due to horrible bball knowledge. Stars win in the playoffs. This is fact. All the calls that hawks get now will go to the roses, James, walls of the league and hawks will be done. Stop posting the same threads every ****ing night.

coin24
01-12-2015, 11:39 PM
Man it's going to be sweet when the Hawks get raped in the second round as usual:lol
Same as the rockets. What's with these two teams having full retards as fans:lol

scott0326
01-12-2015, 11:40 PM
Congrats Hawks fans, your team is playing fantastic and have beat the shit out of my team twice this year, but can these threads ****ing stop? Every time I log on its another thread about "Hawks being legit", "hawks being finals contenders", "hawks fanbase not being that bad" like Jesus Christ.. We get it, the Hawks are playing good.

atljonesbro
01-12-2015, 11:40 PM
You just lost all credibility due to horrible bball knowledge. Stars win in the playoffs. This is fact. All the calls that hawks get now will go to the roses, James, walls of the league and hawks will be done. Stop posting the same threads every ****ing night.
Rose nor Wall are stars. And you'll see. Hawks will continue to prove all of y'all wrong.

embersyc
01-12-2015, 11:43 PM
The East is wide open this year, Hawks have been killing it so far. But regular season doesn't mean shit.

Personally I think it's Chicago's year, but Hawks have as good as shot as anybody.

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 11:46 PM
Rose nor Wall are stars. And you'll see. Hawks will continue to prove all of y'all wrong.

Wall hasn't played like a Star this year?

beastee
01-12-2015, 11:48 PM
Wall is not a star? Rose was an MVP who is starting to put it together after 2 years out. Come playoff time, other teams will play more aggressively and players like rose and wall will get the calls. I am not sure you understand the NBA. There are years worth of evidence proving great team ball teams without a star flame out. Everyone sees what they are. A fantastic team playing the best ball they will all season when many teams are treading water or figuring out their identities. To say they are heavily favored is just reactionary and dumb.

atljonesbro
01-12-2015, 11:50 PM
Wall hasn't played like a Star this year?
Stars are Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, LeBron James, Chris Paul, ect.

John Wall is an all-star but not a star in the sense I think of. He's not all that efficient for how little he scores and turns the ball over a lot. Until he fixes those things he's not a star.

Richesly
01-12-2015, 11:51 PM
Wall is not a star? Rose was an MVP who is starting to put it together after 2 years out. Come playoff time, other teams will play more aggressively and players like rose and wall will get the calls. I am not sure you understand the NBA. There are years worth of evidence proving great team ball teams without a star flame out. Everyone sees what they are. A fantastic team playing the best ball they will all season when many teams are treading water or figuring out their identities. To say they are heavily favored is just reactionary and dumb.

I agree with you. The 2002 kings are a prime example of this, when they played the Lakers.

But Wall is not much better than Teague at this point, if better at all.

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 11:52 PM

John Wall is an all-star but not a star in the sense I think of. He's not all that efficient for how little he scores and turns the ball over a lot. Until he fixes those things he's not a star.

You must mean Superstar. He definitely is an All-Star.

atljonesbro
01-12-2015, 11:53 PM
John Wall is an allstar, not a "star". And Derrick Rose isn't even an allstar, he's just a good player at this point. Why should I believe you're prediction on the Hawks will be correct over mine when you've been wrong on nearly every prediction and I've been correct on nearly every prediction?

SpecialQue
01-12-2015, 11:54 PM
Man it's going to be sweet when the Hawks get raped in the second round as usual:lol
Same as the rockets. What's with these two teams having full retards as fans:lol

:applause:

Wade's Rings
01-12-2015, 11:56 PM
I agree with you. The 2002 kings are a prime example of this, when they played the Lakers.

But Wall is not much better than Teague at this point, if better at all.

2002 Kings were cheated but they did choke in Game 7.

eliteballer
01-12-2015, 11:59 PM
2002 Kings were cheated but they did choke in Game 7.

LMAO @ "Wade's Rings" saying anyone was cheated.

Hawks don't have superstar but both teague and horford are capable of playing like one for a game.

beastee
01-12-2015, 11:59 PM
you've been wrong on nearly every prediction and I've been correct on nearly every prediction?
I don't make predictions. I just know the game. Trust me when I say you do not want a second round matchup with either the bulls or the cavs. Temper expectations but enjoy it now. They are awesome to watch in the regular season.

Sportal
01-13-2015, 12:04 AM
I feel that the Hawks are the Eastern Blazers. They will play amazing games, beat good teams in the regular season... They just won't get out, ECF at a push, that's if they get the right match-ups.

atljonesbro
01-13-2015, 12:04 AM
I don't make predictions. I just know the game. Trust me when I say you do not want a second round matchup with either the bulls or the cavs. Temper expectations but enjoy it now. They are awesome to watch in the regular season.
What's the next goal you'll set up after they make it out of the 2nd round?

"Won't make the playoffs"
"Can't beat .500+ teams"
"Can't beat Western teams"
"4th seed at best"

When you finally get one right you'll pretend like you've been right all along when in actuality you've been wrong.

beastee
01-13-2015, 12:17 AM
What's the next goal you'll set up after they make it out of the 2nd round?

"Won't make the playoffs"
"Can't beat .500+ teams"
"Can't beat Western teams"
"4th seed at best"

When you finally get one right you'll pretend like you've been right all along when in actuality you've been wrong.
This post makes zero sense. I have never said any of those things. You are making a generalization based off so many other posters here giving you grief. Hawks are a great team. I have said that all along. Richesly knows that. I go to games. I see them on tv. I know their team living here. I didn't think they would be THIS good, but nobody did. That is why every post you make every day spouting how great they are is just silly. 37 games in and you are planning a parade. Slow your roll. What if horford tears another pec? Dude has a history of that. Then you guys are ****ed. Just be reasonable is all the other dudes on this board want. I don't see multiple warriors posts every day stating how amazing they are. Smart fans know its a marathon not a sprint. Have some restraint and maybe post a brag thread every other day...or even once a week. I dare you.

Wade's Rings
01-13-2015, 12:31 AM
LMAO @ "Wade's Rings" saying anyone was cheated.

Hawks don't have superstar but both teague and horford are capable of playing like one for a game.

:oldlol: Yea but 1 game Game isn't a series. Hawks won't get past the 2nd round.

hawkfan
01-13-2015, 12:33 AM

Salty.

Milbuck
I like the Hawks but if they match up with the Bucks in the 1st round it's game over for them.

hawkfan
We need another big.

Hotlantadude81
01-13-2015, 12:34 AM
The Warriors appear to be the only great team this year..... So, who knows?

Milbuck
01-13-2015, 12:35 AM
We need another big.
Henson/Zaza and Knight for Schroder and filler.

Hotlantadude81
01-13-2015, 12:35 AM

2nd round exit at best

They have the 6th leading scorer in the 4th period.

Hotlantadude81
01-13-2015, 12:38 AM

Lebron James can't motivate anyone anymore. His team has just been decent WITH him in the line up. Yeah, they're going to go all the way because they got an 8/8 center and some NY Knick castoffs? :oldlol:

Nearly everyone on the Cavs roster is a career loser.

hawkfan
01-13-2015, 12:41 AM
Henson/Zaza and Knight for Schroder and filler.

Get real.
Shelvin Mack, whom I do like, is more realistic. Unfortunately, he is buried on the bench.

Hotlantadude81
01-13-2015, 12:41 AM
The East is wide open this year, Hawks have been killing it so far. But regular season doesn't mean shit.

Personally I think it's Chicago's year, but Hawks have as good as shot as anybody.

Chicago better start playing like a contender because they look like crap. They got destroyed a few nights ago and now they lost to Detroit.

Milbuck
01-13-2015, 12:44 AM
Get real.
Shelvin Mack, whom I do like, is more realistic. Unfortunately, he is buried on the bench.
Giannis for Schroder.

Hotlantadude81
01-13-2015, 12:44 AM

If Rose makes it to the playoffs. He looks like a gimp to me.

Players like he and Lebron crying about "knee sorness".

beastee
01-13-2015, 12:53 AM
If Rose makes it to the playoffs. He looks like a gimp to me.

Players like he and Lebron crying about "knee sorness".
He played tonight and had 19 and 7 and looked good. He is on a minute restriction of 28 minutes. He is not aggressively attacking every game. He missed 2 years of ball. He will be fine come playoff time. Noah is the one to worry about. He is clearly not right since his surgery. Bulls won't have the top seed with their inconsistent play...but don't sleep on them when it matters.
And...Lebron will be just fine as well.

Hotlantadude81
01-13-2015, 01:01 AM
He played tonight and had 19 and 7 and looked good. He is on a minute restriction of 28 minutes. He is not aggressively attacking every game. He missed 2 years of ball. He will be fine come playoff time. Noah is the one to worry about. He is clearly not right since his surgery. Bulls won't have the top seed with their inconsistent play...but don't sleep on them when it matters.
And...Lebron will be just fine as well.

Well, he just had like 6 straight games where he shot poorly in every game. Then it sits out again. I'm having a tough buying that he is just going to get healthy. He can't seem to stay in the line up for 20 games in a row.

Lebron is going produce, but can he really motivate a team? His teammates kind of gave up around him in the finals last year, and Cleveland does not play all that hard when he is in the line up.

turret
01-13-2015, 01:28 AM
Its all about track records

playoffs rinse ring repeat....bounced

Break the bambino curse and the bandwagon will fire right up @ ish

take lebron out in the 1st round:cheers:

Relinquish
01-13-2015, 01:43 AM

I like how you base this off that one game a couple days ago. :facepalm

Wall shoots 46% on the year. Yes he turns it over a lot, but that's because he leads the league in touches. Wall averages 3.8 turnovers, but Westbrook also averages 3.8 and Harden 4.0. :confusedshrug:

atljonesbro
01-13-2015, 01:57 AM
I like how you base this off that one game a couple days ago. :facepalm

Wall shoots 46% on the year. Yes he turns it over a lot, but that's because he leads the league in touches. Wall averages 3.8 turnovers, but Westbrook also averages 3.8 and Harden 4.0. :confusedshrug:
Westbrook and Harden also put up much bigger numbers and Harden's efficiency is far better. Westbrook and Wall are both 53 TS% but Westbrook just does so much more than Wall. Wall isn't on their level. Just an allstar.

qrich
01-13-2015, 02:00 AM
Didn't read, but the inexperience, teamed with the fact that I believe the Cavs will get it together, makes it hard for me to picture the Hawks making it past the Eastern Finals, though I believe a 2nd round knock-out in seven is in store this time around for this side.

Hotlantadude81
01-13-2015, 02:24 AM
Didn't read, but the inexperience, teamed with the fact that I believe the Cavs will get it together, makes it hard for me to picture the Hawks making it past the Eastern Finals, though I believe a 2nd round knock-out in seven is in store this time around for this side.

Lebron is the only thing Cleveland has to worry about... And I'm sorry, but this is not the Lebron of 2008. He's not going to will his way to a deep playoff run all by himself. They're poorly coached, Love is a stat player... Not a winner. Irving hasn't showed that he is the real deal either. Where is the greatness on this roster outside of Lebron James? And is his heart even in it? It's like he just took a vacation in the middle of the season.

Hotlantadude81
01-13-2015, 02:54 AM
For Cleveland to go far in the playoffs they will have to play with intensity and heart. I'm not sure they have it. We saw what happened to Miami in the finals last year when Wade checked out in the finals.

From what I've seen so far... Lebron is not the force that he was back in 2008. He can't do it by himself.

Kblaze8855
01-13-2015, 03:29 AM
This post makes zero sense. I have never said any of those things.

Of course not. This is what these people do. Make topics quoting nobody then say people said they couldnt ____. Nobody said word one about the Hawks till these guys started making crazy numbers of topics. Ive been waiting weeks for one of them to show me a quote I had predicting one thing related to the Hawks. Nobody can...but still...im being proven wrong without predicting anything.

Dudes manufactured so much hate real hate followed.

qrich
01-13-2015, 03:31 AM
Lebron is the only thing Cleveland has to worry about... And I'm sorry, but this is not the Lebron of 2008. He's not going to will his way to a deep playoff run all by himself. They're poorly coached, Love is a stat player... Not a winner. Irving hasn't showed that he is the real deal either. Where is the greatness on this roster outside of Lebron James? And is his heart even in it? It's like he just took a vacation in the middle of the season.

While all that may seem to be true, I just can't see them falter in the post-season, just can't.

Not saying the Hawks will be 100-to-1 underdogs, but still have Cleveland as the favorites

Hotlantadude81
01-13-2015, 04:12 PM
While all that may seem to be true, I just can't see them falter in the post-season, just can't.

Not saying the Hawks will be 100-to-1 underdogs, but still have Cleveland as the favorites

I have to see to believe. I'm not saying the Hawks will go to the finals. If they lose in the first round, I wouldn't be surprised... But I've yet to see any real evidence that Cleveland is a top team.

There will be a big weakness on defense as long as you have someone like Kevin Love in the line up. I think coach Bud would expose miss matches enough to at least make it a close series. Kind of like how he took Roy Hibbert out of the playoff series last year for the most part. I'm sure he will do something similar with players like TK and Kevin Love. Teague can mostly match Irving considering Irving will be the 2nd option for Cleveland.

The Hawks have only scored below 90 points twice this season. And one of those games was against the Bucks and the other being against The Magic. Right now I feel that the Hawks have the ability to hang with anyone other than the Warriors. But there are no star players here and so that always creates doubts. That is understandable.

BuffaloBill
01-13-2015, 04:14 PM
2nd round exit

BuffaloBill
01-13-2015, 04:15 PM
Threads like these are what feed trolls such as BuffaloBill and others that will just come in here and bring up past teams not being able to make it pass the 2nd round

I'm not even trolling. I'm just keeping it 100. You know I'm right, that's why I'm living rent free right now