PDA

View Full Version : Is Vucevic The Best Center In The East?

Dro
01-13-2015, 01:03 AM
If not, then who?

Is he a top 5 center in the league?

How about top 3?

beastee
01-13-2015, 01:07 AM
With Noah's knee post surgery, he is definitely in the lead.

Vucevic
Val
Noah
Horford

hawksdogsbraves
01-13-2015, 01:09 AM
Damn the East is weak at the C spot.

Does anybody else shudder a little when they see a center with less than 1bpg?

A center who doesn't offer any rim protection isn't the center I want on my team.

Fudge
01-13-2015, 01:09 AM
He probably is this year. Isn't really saying much though.

Noah's production's been down since they got Gasol, Al Jefferson's injured, Bosh seems to be sliding back to PF, Horford's numbers have been down. Other than those guys, nobody else really sticks out in the lEast.

Dro
01-13-2015, 01:10 AM

A center who doesn't offer any rim protection isn't the center I want on my team.
I understand your point......

Do you guys think he's the best big man in the East period?

Ariza4three
01-13-2015, 01:10 AM
I consider Gasol a C. Gasol is better than him. Other than that no one else. He actually isn't a bad defender either. Just not a good one yet.

Ariza4three
01-13-2015, 01:12 AM
What? The West isn't much better. Dwight has overall been okay this season. Cousins is the best in the league.

qrich
01-13-2015, 01:13 AM
I'd still take Horford over him without a doubt, same with Noah/Gasol, and then you still have Drummond, who can be argued, as can Whiteside if he keeps up this amazing play.

Ariza4three
01-13-2015, 01:14 AM

Al Horford averages 1.2 bpg. Similar to Vuc.

Milbuck
01-13-2015, 01:15 AM
With Noah's knee post surgery, he is definitely in the lead.

Vucevic
Val
Noah
Horford
Noah isn't close to top 3 right now imo. He's been a shell of himself all year and was flat out terrible tonight. Not only is he hurting, but he's playing out of position..he's been weak defensively and a liability offensively. Chicago would be better off starting Mirotic with Pau at this point until Noah gets it together. Vuc, Pau, Drummond post-Smith trade, and Horford are unquestionably better to me, then you have guys like Hibbert, JV, etc.

Ariza4three
01-13-2015, 01:16 AM
I'd still take Horford over him without a doubt, same with Noah/Gasol, and then you still have Drummond, who can be argued, as can Whiteside if he keeps up this amazing play.
The only player with an argument out of those is Gasol. Rest Vuc>> pretty easily this year. Not to mention Vuc is young and still getting better. And Whiteside? Are you ****ing serious?

Dro
01-13-2015, 01:17 AM
:biggums:

SugarHill
01-13-2015, 01:18 AM

qrich
01-13-2015, 01:21 AM

:roll:

The only player with an argument out of those is Gasol. Rest Vuc>> pretty easily this year. Not to mention Vuc is young and still getting better. And Whiteside? Are you ****ing serious?

An argument? No, it's clear as day, and yes, Drummond isn't young, and Horford isn't anchoring the best team in the league while putting up solid numbers in just over 30 minutes a night.

Ariza4three
01-13-2015, 01:29 AM

An argument? No, it's clear as day, and yes, Drummond isn't young, and Horford isn't anchoring the best team in the league while putting up solid numbers in just over 30 minutes a night.
There is absolutely nothing on a basketball court that Horford does that Vuc can't. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You switch them and ATL is an even better team or stays the same.
Drummond is kind of arguable because of his crazy ass offensive rebounding, but he can't do what Vuc did against the Bulls tonight and Portland 2 nights ago. He doesn't have that in his arsenal. And I love Drummond and think he's a great player too. Whiteside isn't an argument. Stop with that shit.
Gasol is better, I agree. That's all.

outbreak
01-13-2015, 01:42 AM
When he got signed I said here he would contest for top 5 and he signed cheap when the new tv deal arrives yet the idiots here laughed and said orlando overpaid

Ariza4three
01-13-2015, 01:45 AM
When he got signed I said here he would contest for top 5 and he signed cheap when the new tv deal arrives yet the idiots here laughed and said orlando overpaid
The people on this forum are literally ****ing retarded. I don't take anyone but fans of my team seriously when talking about it. Vuc has legit top 3 C talent.

outbreak
01-13-2015, 01:47 AM
The people on this forum are literally ****ing retarded. I don't take anyone but fans of my team seriously when talking about it. Vuc has legit top 3 C talent.
i think i said if he contested more on d he would be higher. still think his defence lets him down but his offence, passing, rebounding are all elite. people on ish like to comment even when they've never watched someone play more than a handful of times which is the issues here

Ariza4three
01-13-2015, 01:49 AM
i think i said if he contested more on d he would be higher. still think his defence lets him down but his offence, passing, rebounding are all elite. people on ish like to comment even when they've never watched someone play more than a handful of times which is the issues here
He's not a terrible defender IMO. Like when we get stops, it's because he is at the rim meeting defenders than getting the rebound. I don't even think he needs to block shots more, just become a smarter defender. Playing by Frye makes Vuc look worse since Frye is literally the worst defender I have ever seen.

outbreak
01-13-2015, 01:50 AM
He's not a terrible defender IMO. Like when we get stops, it's because he is at the rim meeting defenders than getting the rebound. I don't even think he needs to block shots more, just become a smarter defender. Playing by Frye makes Vuc look worse since Frye is literally the worst defender I have ever seen.
That's true but I don't like his positioning on defence, a lot of times he gets caught out. He isn't terrible or a liability but it's the biggest downside to his game. Your right though if he had a better defender alongside him that would be completely hidden anyway

qrich
01-13-2015, 01:53 AM
There is absolutely nothing on a basketball court that Horford does that Vuc can't. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You switch them and ATL is an even better team or stays the same.
Drummond is kind of arguable because of his crazy ass offensive rebounding, but he can't do what Vuc did against the Bulls tonight and Portland 2 nights ago. He doesn't have that in his arsenal. And I love Drummond and think he's a great player too. Whiteside isn't an argument. Stop with that shit.
Gasol is better, I agree. That's all.

Horford plays two way ball, and is a brut, with a jumper I'd rely on more. Swap them, and you take 2-4 wins away from Atlanta, not a whole lot but still a downgrade.

Drummond is also sharing the front court with Monroe, give him a spot up 4, and I believe his stats'd be crazier.

Whiteside wasn't a serious comment....

He may have the potential to be Top 3 in the East, but I don't think he's more than arguably top 7 in the association as of this moment.

outbreak
01-13-2015, 01:55 AM
Horford plays two way ball, and is a brut, with a jumper I'd rely on more. Swap them, and you take 2-4 wins away from Atlanta, not a whole lot but still a downgrade.

Drummond is also sharing the front court with Monroe, give him a spot up 4, and I believe his stats'd be crazier.

He may have the potential to be Top 3 in the East, but I don't think he's more than arguably top 7 in the association as of this moment.

I'd take vucevics jumper over horford any day. Vucvevic's range goes out past the three point line too.

Ariza4three
01-13-2015, 02:05 AM

Except your wrong. Vuc is the better outside shooter and stats back that up:
Vucevic:
http://i.imgur.com/7OgqaSN.png

Horford:
http://i.imgur.com/sjEj9ct.png

Horford is not really better than Vuc defensively. I'm confused where you got that from since Horford isn't known as a good defender either.

Drummond isn't a post up player. I don't think he'd benefit too much from a stretch 4. When he's at his best it's because he's running the floor and rebounding with the very occasional post score. No one even doubles him either while Vuc is routinely doubled.

qrich
01-13-2015, 02:38 AM
Within 3 Feet:
72.4% vs 68.4%
3-10:
39.8% vs 43.3%
10-16:
44.9% vs 46.1%
16-Arc:
47.7% vs 44.7%

Al takes most of his attempts from 16+ while Nikola is at 3-10.

Horford has 1.7 DWS vs 1.5.

Horford is +2.1 on D+/- vs +0.7.

Opponent Counterpart Per 48, Horford is holding PFs to a per of 9.3 while Centers have a per of 20.4. Vuc is giving Cs a per of 17.2, but PFs a per of 31.8.

I guess stats clearly show Horford as the better defender, clearly.

andremiller07
01-13-2015, 03:09 AM
I would say he is I been saying he's a top 5 C in the NBA this year. Andre Drummond has zero case he's not even better than Jonas Val who's no where near Vuc.