PDA

View Full Version : How much will Omer Asik get this summer as a free agent?

hawkfan
01-13-2015, 03:01 PM
Discuss.

beastee
01-13-2015, 03:25 PM
For once a thread that is valid for the hawks. Atlanta should give him 3/22. He would be a great rotation defender and allow horford to be a 4.

Haymaker
01-13-2015, 03:27 PM
For once a thread that is valid for the hawks. Atlanta should give him 3/22. He would be a great rotation defender and allow horford to be a 4.

I thought Horford's natural position was 5.

beastee
01-13-2015, 03:28 PM
I thought Horford's natural position was 5.
Nope. He is a 4. And would thrive Imo.

oarabbus
01-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Why is Asik such garbage this year? He was good in CHI and great in the year before Dwight showed up in HOU. You'd think the Pelicans would be a good fit for him as well.

Asiantastic
01-13-2015, 03:47 PM
Why is Asik such garbage this year? He was good in CHI and great in the year before Dwight showed up in HOU. You'd think the Pelicans would be a good fit for him as well.

He's basically doing what people expected him to do; grab boards and play interior D. Plus he's only playing 25 mins a game.

I'd say he gets a good 9-10 mil next year. It's a bit much for him, but big men are generally overpaid nowadays.

oarabbus
01-13-2015, 03:55 PM
He's basically doing what people expected him to do; grab boards and play interior D. Plus he's only playing 25 mins a game.

I'd say he gets a good 9-10 mil next year. It's a bit much for him, but big men are generally overpaid nowadays.

That's what I expected him to do as well, however, I thought he'd be getting over one block a game, and averaging about 10/10 (maybe 9/10). Perhaps it's just the low minutes, he should be in ~30 a game.

SwishSquared
01-13-2015, 04:08 PM
That's what I expected him to do as well, however, I thought he'd be getting over one block a game, and averaging about 10/10 (maybe 9/10). Perhaps it's just the low minutes, he should be in ~30 a game.
I think 30mpg is probably the max he can handle from a conditioning standpoint. I'm guessing Monty is trying to carve out time for Anderson by reducing Asik's minutes b/c AD needs to be playing 35+ a night.

I think he gets 8 figures. Teams will need rim protectors and will overpay to get one. I'm not sure how many years or much he'll get, but a Larry Sanders type contract wouldn't shock me. He could get more per year.

From an ATL standpoint, I thought that they should have snagged Asik by flipping Millsap to HOU in the off-season. Looks like they're doing just fine though haha

rezznor
01-13-2015, 04:15 PM
I think 30mpg is probably the max he can handle from a conditioning standpoint. I'm guessing Monty is trying to carve out time for Anderson by reducing Asik's minutes b/c AD needs to be playing 35+ a night.

I think he gets 8 figures. Teams will need rim protectors and will overpay to get one. I'm not sure how many years or much he'll get, but a Larry Sanders type contract wouldn't shock me. He could get more per year.

From an ATL standpoint, I thought that they should have snagged Asik by flipping Millsap to HOU in the off-season. Looks like they're doing just fine though haha
houston would have loved to have done that, but asik was a malcontent and made the rocket's position weak

morbius
01-13-2015, 04:20 PM
Asik doesn't fit in Atlanta at all, their offence demands all players on the court to be threats.

But he is a quality rim protector, someone is bound to pay him well, especially in a weak free agent class.

ralph_i_el
01-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Bout tree fiddy

hawkfan
01-13-2015, 04:26 PM
Discuss.

3 years, 36 million from the Hawks.

They Won
01-13-2015, 04:30 PM
He will get 9

MiseryCityTexas
01-14-2015, 09:11 PM
It's hilarious seeing this team be one of the best teams in the NBA, when everyone thought that Josh Smith was the biggest reason why the Hawks made the play-offs in the mid to late 2000s/early 2010s :oldlol: