PDA

View Full Version : LeBron should have countered father time by sliding to the 4, not to the 2

russwest0
01-14-2015, 04:29 AM
Him dropping weight isn't looking like a good idea. I always thought that his best way of countering father time would be to permanently slide into a point forward role, operating from the post even more often and shit, but since he's dropped weight now he's like a less athletic no defense playing Bran from his first stint in Cleveland.

Shit is weird.

Lebron23
01-14-2015, 04:30 AM
He looks good against the suns.

russwest0
01-14-2015, 04:30 AM
He looks good against the suns.

yeah, rest of the team looked like trash though

Cocaine80s
01-14-2015, 04:31 AM
yeah, rest of the team looked like trash though
:wtf:
So whats the point of this thread then?

russwest0
01-14-2015, 04:32 AM
:wtf:
So whats the point of this thread then?

What? :lol

Why would I care about one game vs the Suns? :oldlol:

Cocaine80s
01-14-2015, 04:35 AM
What? :lol

Why would I care about one game vs the Suns? :oldlol:
He's rested his injuries and looked explosive again...

How you just gonna ignore facts

russwest0
01-14-2015, 04:36 AM
He's rested his injuries and looked explosive again...

How you just gonna ignore facts

You're buying this shit?

:oldlol:

Cocaine80s
01-14-2015, 04:38 AM
You're buying this shit?

:oldlol:
:biggums:

SamuraiSWISH
01-14-2015, 04:48 AM
Agreed.

He's still insanely athletic, but if he developed his post game more ... playing off the ball could help team dynamic. And he's still one of the most athletic SFs in the league, but at PF he'd easily be most athletic.

At that size he is ... playing perimeter, off the dribble, quick explosion PG type of game will DESTROY his lower body sooner, than later. Takes it's toll.

Could be why he's looking so much stiffer, and robotic instead of fluid or explosive. That's why he needed to take a damn 2 week vacay.

I mean at some point even lighter, actual guards have to contort their game. Small guards can't. Like Iverson. He just fell off the map. Unles they're big bodied or strong PGs like Billups, GP, Andre Miller, or ruthlessly intelligent strong PGs like Stockton.

But Jordan? He conserved energy and his body by becoming the best back to the basket player, with a patented fadeaway, and the best mid range game / jumper. Kobe was doing that for awhile, but then after Phil left he started relying too much on off the dribble stuff. I don't think he was strong enough to bang as a primarily back to basket dude.

TheMilkyBarKid
01-14-2015, 05:08 AM
For once I actually agree with op, plus the fact lebron at the 4 means no need for love and lebron can mentor wiggins.
That being said father time hasn't hit yet.

SamuraiSWISH
01-14-2015, 05:10 AM
plus the fact lebron at the 4 means no need for love and lebron can mentor wiggins.
True.

I<3NBA
01-14-2015, 05:33 AM
he's playing SG? really? i thought he just went back to his natural position, which was SF. the problem with Lebron playing PF is that on defense, he will get abused a lot by much bigger PFs. on offense, it's great, since no PFs in the league is as fast as him.

TheMilkyBarKid
01-14-2015, 06:05 AM
he's playing SG? really? i thought he just went back to his natural position, which was SF. the problem with Lebron playing PF is that on defense, he will get abused a lot by much bigger PFs. on offense, it's great, since no PFs in the league is as fast as him.
Draymond green next to lebron = :bowdown:

bluechox2
01-14-2015, 06:31 AM
Lebron making scrubs better and stars worse

The Red Viper
01-14-2015, 07:27 AM
Agreed.

He's still insanely athletic, but if he developed his post game more ... playing off the ball could help team dynamic. And he's still one of the most athletic SFs in the league, but at PF he'd easily be most athletic.

At that size he is ... playing perimeter, off the dribble, quick explosion PG type of game will DESTROY his lower body sooner, than later. Takes it's toll.

Could be why he's looking so much stiffer, and robotic instead of fluid or explosive. That's why he needed to take a damn 2 week vacay.

I mean at some point even lighter, actual guards have to contort their game. Small guards can't. Like Iverson. He just fell off the map. Unles they're big bodied or strong PGs like Billups, GP, Andre Miller, or ruthlessly intelligent strong PGs like Stockton.

But Jordan? He conserved energy and his body by becoming the best back to the basket player, with a patented fadeaway, and the best mid range game / jumper. Kobe was doing that for awhile, but then after Phil left he started relying too much on off the dribble stuff. I don't think he was strong enough to bang as a primarily back to basket dude.

I agree with you. Thing is, his post game currently is much better than what it used to be in his first stint with the Cavs. The issue though is, they already have Love at 4 and they desperately need LeBron to run their point. Kyrie is a shooting guard.

SamuraiSWISH
01-14-2015, 08:24 AM
I agree with you. Thing is, his post game currently is much better than what it used to be in his first stint with the Cavs. The issue though is, they already have Love at 4 and they desperately need LeBron to run their point. Kyrie is a shooting guard.
True. That Love for Wiggins trade is looking worse every day. Especially if he's going to walk and not resign. Cavaliers need Bron playing distribution cause Kyrie doesn't pass ... And Love is a stretch four who can't play defense. Cleveland could've used Wiggins youth, length, and athleticism. Would've boosted their defense. He's only a rookie and he's played as many meaningful games as both Kyrie and Love.

bizil
01-14-2015, 03:15 PM
With Bron, playing the PF is always an option. However, I don't think Bron is in Father Time status yet. He's only 30 years old. I realize he's been in the L 12 years, but still Bron doesn't qualify for Father Time status yet. But as the years go on, I could see Bron pulling a Magic or Bird. And play PF more exclusively. But even at PF, he will still be a point power forward kind of player. As long as Love is in Cleveland, Bron's primary position will be the SF.