PDA

View Full Version : Bagelred likes to make fun of teams, players, even fans. Your turn bud...

GOBB
01-14-2015, 12:53 PM
i honestly hope the sixers do not win a game all season. They need to be 100% shamed because of this Mega-Tank strategy. Pathetic f=cking franchise.

No wins the whole season. I hope it happens.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10714345&postcount=17

1. SMART OR STUPID: 76ers trade Jrue Holiday for Nerlens Noel and a first round pick.

THE BAGELRED RANT: We all know everyone is going to say "SMART". The Sixers are the ultimate example with what's wrong with the NBA structure and the draft system. Teams are trading proven talent away (Jrue Holiday) and not signing proven talent in free agency (Sixers didn't sign anybody of significance), so they can be as awful as possible and get high draft picks. This is revered by basketball writers and analysts as strategic management. Even NBA fans believe this is smart. About 10 teams should try to win the title, but the other 20 teams should all "just tank". If you don't try to tank, you must be stupid. They laugh at teams like the Bucks and Raptors who try to sign current talent to win games, and praise teams like the Magic and Sixers who purposely lose for the next 3-5 years. Really? Tanking is the easiest thing in the world. It's not "genius" to make yourself bad for the next 5 years. It's actually pretty f-cking simple. But this goes against everything that sports is about, which is, you know, actually trying to win games...now. This is backwards and wrong. You all agree, right? Who's with me?......crickets.....crickets......

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312846

:roll:

And what my friend are your beloved New York Knickerbockers doing? Hilarious. Smack the hand of my Sixers only to see your franchise have the least amount of wins this season while putting Bargs and Calderon on the trade table. And you celebrate and rejoice each loss in pursuit of a potential #1 pick. Pathetic franchise coming from a NYK fan. Ohhhhh oh oh oh happy days.

chocolatethunder
01-14-2015, 01:01 PM

And what my friend are your beloved New York Knickerbockers doing? Hilarious. Smack the hand of my Sixers only to see your franchise have the least amount of wins this season while putting Bargs and Calderon on the trade table. And you celebrate and rejoice each loss in pursuit of a potential #1 pick. Pathetic franchise coming from a NYK fan. Ohhhhh oh oh oh happy days.

:cheers:

LoneyROY7
01-14-2015, 01:02 PM
BREAKING: bagelred gets toasted.

imdaman99
01-14-2015, 01:10 PM
I never agreed with the 76ers tanking strategy because they have been tanking for a few years. A 1 year tankjob could be a good thing, Tim Duncan was won because of that. The Knicks tried to be good, but once Phil realized this team has no hope, he started the tank. No shame in that.

Bandito
01-14-2015, 01:14 PM
THere is a difference between NYK and the 76ers, and that is NYK straight sucks accidentally and 76ers sucks by choice.

hawkfan
01-14-2015, 01:23 PM
THere is a difference between NYK and the 76ers, and that is NYK straight sucks accidentally and 76ers sucks by choice.

The Sixers did try, they traded for Bynum, which didn't work out.
Then they went into tank mode.

What they did wrong was drafting Turner over Cousins.

GOBB
01-14-2015, 01:25 PM

Accident? :roll: Please by all means explain why the NYK stink.

I never agreed with the 76ers tanking strategy because they have been tanking for a few years. A 1 year tankjob could be a good thing, Tim Duncan was won because of that. The Knicks tried to be good, but once Phil realized this team has no hope, he started the tank. No shame in that.

This is year 2 of our rebuild from the bottom. Your NYK only have one draft pick in 2015 and you need to make sure it hits. You guys have cap space but so do a lot of teams. So it's not like a free agent choice is between NY, Utah and Charlotte. Flash back to when the NYK cleared so much cap space and ended up with Amare Ouch Stoudemire. The Mt Rushmore of Free agents were going to the big apple they said. What does that roster honestly have that one could say "I see promise". Think about that for one second. Or gradually scroll down the roster. It's brutal aint it? Hardaway Jr, Early and...exactly. And you think Melo coming back from injury, cap spendings and this first rd pick whom we dont know who that will be will end the NYK being bad? Seriously my man? Think about that for one second part II.

What you think NYK will land Okafor from Duke to go with Marc Gasol and Dragic?

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-14-2015, 01:28 PM

geez, i never even realised this happened.

Hey GOBB, when do the sixers start competing? Next season?

hawkfan
01-14-2015, 01:31 PM

Yep.
No more tanking after this season.

GOBB
01-14-2015, 01:35 PM

I expect them to start competing next season. Still lottery but nowhere near as bad as they are now. This to me is the bottom. Can only go up from here.

Cousins was taken 5th. We weren't the only idiots who passed on him. Doug probably wouldnt have taken him if Evan Turner wasn't in the draft. Just my gut feeling.

hawkfan
01-14-2015, 01:38 PM
I expect them to start competing next season. Still lottery but nowhere near as bad as they are now. This to me is the bottom. Can only go up from here.

Cousins was taken 5th. We weren't the only idiots who passed on him. Doug probably wouldnt have taken him if Evan Turner wasn't in the draft. Just my gut feeling.

If it makes you feel better, Collins drafted Kwame instead trading for a then All-Star level Elton Brand.

Oops.

ralph_i_el
01-14-2015, 02:52 PM
If it makes you feel better, Collins drafted Kwame instead trading for a then All-Star level Elton Brand.

Oops.
Or drafting Pau

hawkfan
01-14-2015, 02:58 PM
Or drafting Pau

Yep.
But the Hawks did draft Pau and traded him away.

chocolatethunder
01-14-2015, 03:00 PM

you can say this any year. That draft at the time kind of sucked and everyone was afraid of Cousins. In Turner's defense, Collins did his best to ruin him as a player and he seemed to have succeeded. I like Collins as a coach but he was awful in Philly. He's a really smart basketball mind but his time is over as a coach. He's not great at developing talent. Him and MJ ruined Kwame in Washington and he ruined Turner in Philly.

chocolatethunder
01-14-2015, 03:04 PM

The tank is over after this year. They won't start signing any free agents yet though. They will try and develop the players and in a few years when they get closer to being good, that's when I expect them to sign free agents. This is all based off things that Hinkie has said. They may or may not be in the lottery next year depending on how players develop next year. Also, don't count out Hinkie pulling some magic out of his hat at some time in the future. Could be this draft, it could be in a year or two.

Lebron23
01-14-2015, 03:09 PM
I hope they start winning.

ILLsmak
01-14-2015, 06:03 PM
BREAKING: bagelred gets toasted.

just had an english muffin myself.

-Smak

Darius
01-14-2015, 07:35 PM
Much needed call out thread.

Bagelred getting real salty these days. Falling apart along with the Knicks.

Bandito
01-14-2015, 07:44 PM

By choice.:biggums:

kurple
01-14-2015, 07:51 PM

well, bagel doesnt run the knicks front office. his point is stil valid, and he can still dislike tanking even if the knicks are doing it

and i agree with him. tanking to me is just wrong and has no place in sports. coaches want to win, players want to win and the fans, the people who pay to see the team play wants them to win. how can you then so obviously set your team up for disaster?

STATUTORY
01-14-2015, 07:55 PM
Breaking Bagelred

Blue&Orange
01-14-2015, 08:09 PM
Weren't people making fun of the Knicks, because they weren't tanking, they were a playoff team gone wrong?

So which is it? because tanking before the season starts no the same as tanking when season gone wrong.

GOBB
01-14-2015, 08:10 PM
well, bagel doesnt run the knicks front office. his point is stil valid, and he can still dislike tanking even if the knicks are doing it

and i agree with him. tanking to me is just wrong and has no place in sports. coaches want to win, players want to win and the fans, the people who pay to see the team play wants them to win. how can you then so obviously set your team up for disaster?

You can't hate tanking and in the same breath love and embrace it. :oldlol:

Hence why this thread was made. One moment he bashes a franchise for doing what his franchise is currently doing. And the best part is he loves it. He wants the top pick (already pencils in Okafor as a NYK), he loves losses, everything about tanking he is on board with.

So I ask you. How can he dislike tanking and like it at the same time?

GOBB
01-14-2015, 08:11 PM
Weren't people making fun of the Knicks, because they weren't tanking, they were a playoff team gone wrong?

So which is it? because tanking before the season starts no the same as tanking when season gone wrong.

What are you even talking about. When you find out let me know :cheers:

imdaman99
01-14-2015, 08:17 PM
What are you even talking about. When you find out let me know :cheers:
What he meant is... nothing is worse than being a middle of the pack 7th-8th seed that could never make a run to a championship...which is what they would have been last year or this year, best case scenario.

Fans in NY want them to break it down and start from scratch, gonna be hard to do with this bum Melo on the team but it's do-able. Top 3 pick this year and sign someone even if its just 1 of Gasol or Dragic and that team will be back on track, assuming the pick is a good pick and not a bust.

OKC got Durant, Westbrook, and Harden in 3 straight drafts. Does Phily have even 1 player close to the caliber of any of those 3?

GOBB
01-14-2015, 08:33 PM
What he meant is... nothing is worse than being a middle of the pack 7th-8th seed that could never make a run to a championship

Sounds like the Sixers

Fans in NY want them to break it down and start from scratch

That's what the Sixers are doing.

See the pattern here yet or nah?

So I'm not sure why he made a post about something that has nothing to do with bagelred hating tanking when Sixers do it but oh loves it now that the NYK are doing. Its a wait what moment if you ask me. :pimp:

OKC got Durant, Westbrook, and Harden in 3 straight drafts. Does Phily have even 1 player close to the caliber of any of those 3?

We have no Durant but come on did you honestly foresee Westbrook/Harden being this good? And why do the Sixers picks have to duplicate OKC or its a bust? Sixers contrary to popular belief are modeling themselves after the Spurs. Where you draft your core (homegrown talent), develop them, open pipelines overseas with talent (draft and stash), dont depend on big free agent signings to build your team rather spend to add pieces around your core. Thus the hopes is you have a franchise that is a winner yearly. Spurs didnt win it every year but they were winners if you get the idea. And no we aren't going to mirror them either in case you ask me "Who Duncan?". But you should get the idea/point.

So who knows what this team will look like in the future. But its promising with the young talent they have now, the talent they will have (future picks, embiid, saric), and what they do with the cap space (trades, signing). I can't predict what Hinkie final roster will resemble just that we aren't going to go out in free agency and try to build a winner, mortgage future picks and hope it works.

Honestly have no problem with what NYK are doing. But trying to work around Melo is going to be difficult. You could go tank mode some more by trading him for draft picks and what have you. Or try to do it with him and his salary on your team. Unsure but Phil Jackson deciding to go this route is smart. I just like the fact bagelred is now embracing it when he was so against it. Hence my thread.

$LakerGold
01-14-2015, 08:53 PM
Hey knicks fans, what time is it? 5 35

:roll: :roll:

........... -_-

$LakerGold
01-14-2015, 08:58 PM
NY gotta be the worst team for the past decade, tbh. There's gotta be something there. Acquires Melo & Amare, then fails to deliver. You have a team that's been suffering since the Sprewell era. lmfao

It's been a decade..... Sorry, sir Jeff. lol

smoovegittar
01-14-2015, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=$LakerGold]There's gotta be something there.

Yeah. His first name's Phil. :pimp:

red1
01-14-2015, 09:10 PM
wow then that is even more pathetic

hawkfan
01-14-2015, 09:18 PM
Look at the payrolls between the two.

zizozain
01-14-2015, 09:21 PM
at least Bagelred has a life. and jewish = money

GOOB = 55 yo loser with no life n money