PDA

View Full Version : ESPN First Take

Nowitness
01-14-2015, 10:31 PM
How does this show even exist. Stphen Nay Smith's level of analysis is worse that something my grandmother could produce, and she is blind and deaf;

"See, that's KG! KG is KG and KG will be KG".

:facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-14-2015, 10:37 PM
Back when "First Take" used to be "Cold Pizza", there was actually substance to it. Hell even when making the switch, and Jay Crawford/Dana Jacobson were hosts, the show was actually pretty entertaining and somewhat insightful. The program was only an hour long, Stephen A. was relegated to special appearances (once or twice every couple months) and Skip would debate/talk with various sports journalists around the country.

It's basically a parody of itself these days, with little to no material.

Wade's Rings
01-14-2015, 10:38 PM
Don't see anything wrong with what he said.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-14-2015, 10:40 PM
I don't get how it's so popular. It's on when everyone is at work/in school, there's very little insight, SAS and Skip blatantly change or exaggerate their opinions to troll, and it's not even funny. Where's the entertainment factor? You see the same thing going on with unemployed people, in sports towns, at random food joints in the middle of the day. Is that entertaining?

KNOW1EDGE
01-14-2015, 10:57 PM
On their own they are decent at best.

But when you put those 2 guys together they have this weird complex and they just become total arrogant, ignorant bigots. It's quite sad actually.

GimmeThat
01-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Its like sitting in class hearing someone who did their homework pronounciate their answer. Is it entertaining?

More so slightly intriguing.

I'd say twitter and its whats trending app may have helped given birth to "numbers dont lie"

senelcoolidge
01-15-2015, 08:19 AM
It's a terrible show. I have tried to watch it a few times and changed the channel after less than 5 minutes. Why does every espn show have the same format..they are all the same but with different hosts. They all talk about the same crap from show to show. No variety. No real opinions because if they really speak their minds than they will get suspended. It's total BS.

Foster5k
01-15-2015, 09:17 AM
How does this show even exist.
Because of threads like this. How many other "sport" shows are on the front page of ISH? Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayless are entertainers first and foremost. As entertainers, they are two of the best in the sports business. I actually like the show. However, I normally just listen to the podcast, because I don't have time to watch it on television.

Akhenaten
01-15-2015, 09:21 AM
I like First Take:confusedshrug:

like the poster above said, yall dont make threads about any other ESPN shows good or bad, which means SAS and Skip have accomplished their mission.

OnFire
01-15-2015, 01:35 PM
It's a terrible show. I have tried to watch it a few times and changed the channel after less than 5 minutes. Why does every espn show have the same format..they are all the same but with different hosts. They all talk about the same crap from show to show. No variety. No real opinions because if they really speak their minds than they will get suspended. It's total BS.

They talk about the same thing from show to show because its news and there's not a miraculously different set of things that happened the day before to now talk about on another show. Just like cnn or fox.. almost every show is a different set of people talking about the same things.

Its not made for your unemployed, or working and ripping off your company ass, to sit there all day and watch all of every show either.

russwest0
01-15-2015, 01:37 PM
They talk about the same thing from show to show because its news and there's not a miraculously different set of things that happened the day before to now talk about on another show. Just like cnn or fox.. almost every show is a different set of people talking about the same things.

Its not made for your unemployed, or working and ripping off your company ass, to sit there all day and watch all of every show either.

Yeah but they talk about the same shit from show to show when they have plenty of other shit to talk about.

Like when Tebow was on the Jets during preseason thats all that all of these shows talked about and shit

SexSymbol
01-15-2015, 01:55 PM
It's very entertaining and a lot of times many good points are said on this show.
To me, they're the pop the trunk podcast without all the freedom

Trollsmasher
01-15-2015, 01:56 PM
lowest common denominator

OnFire
01-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Yeah but they talk about the same shit from show to show when they have plenty of other shit to talk about.

Like when Tebow was on the Jets during preseason thats all that all of these shows talked about and shit

See Colin Cowherds explanation. They have minute by minute numbers of when people tune in and out, they talk about what people tune in for and don't talk about what people don't tune in for. Simple as that. If millions of stupid people didn't sit and want to watch tebow news all day they wouldn't talk about tebow.

Its the same reason why Discovery Channel Shark Week has gone from groundbreaking shark documentaries to fake documentaries/mocumentaries, and a bunch of stupid countdowns.

SugarHill
01-15-2015, 02:15 PM
They usually say the same shit again and again but mix up the names. SAS is particularly redundant and formulaic.

still a decent watch from time to time

sportsfan76
01-15-2015, 02:19 PM
The show is too dam long. It needs to be reduced to an hour