PDA

View Full Version : I ask you this, Who is the best Point Guard in the East?

LiLharvard
01-15-2015, 02:49 AM
http://www.sportingopinions.com/wp-content/uploads/nba-top-10-point-guards-470-wplok.jpg

SamuraiSWISH
01-15-2015, 02:51 AM
D. Rose
J. Wall
K. Irving

LiLharvard
01-15-2015, 02:53 AM
No Lowry?

Heavincent
01-15-2015, 02:54 AM
John Wall, pretty easily. Lowry comes in second.

Lebron23
01-15-2015, 02:55 AM
D. Rose
J. Wall
K. Irving

I pick Kemba Jordan over Irving right now. Ignore his FG% this season. He led the Hornets to 5 straight wins without Al Jeff, and Lance Stephenson.

JebronLames
01-15-2015, 02:57 AM
Lowry

Milbuck
01-15-2015, 02:57 AM
Damian Lillard. He transcends conferences. Doesn't have time for our contrived borders. Dude is quickly making a case as the greatest player of all time.

LiLharvard
01-15-2015, 02:58 AM
:roll: :cheers:
Damian Lillard. He transcends conferences. Doesn't have time for our contrived borders. Dude is quickly making a case as the greatest player of all time.

hawkfan
01-15-2015, 02:58 AM
Teague in the East.

LiLharvard
01-15-2015, 02:59 AM
who the fk is teague?

hawksdogsbraves
01-15-2015, 03:12 AM
Lowry
Wall
Teague

Irving
Walker
Knight

It's two separate tiers, the bottom three don't have games conducive to winning basketball in the current NBA.

Young X
01-15-2015, 03:14 AM
Lowry

sammichoffate
01-15-2015, 03:15 AM
Damian Lillard. He transcends conferences. Doesn't have time for our contrived borders. Dude is quickly making a case as the greatest player of all time.:applause:

Done_And_Done
01-15-2015, 03:15 AM
Lowry
Wall
Teague

Irving
Walker
Knight

It's two separate tiers, the bottom three don't have games conducive to winning basketball in the current NBA.

I'm good with this.

bdreason
01-15-2015, 03:41 AM
Wall and Lowry.

Cocaine80s
01-15-2015, 03:47 AM
Lebron

SillyRabbit
01-15-2015, 03:49 AM
Lowry and Wall are a cut above everyone else.

tontoz
01-15-2015, 08:23 AM
Lowry, Teague and Wall are roughly equal. They are beasting and it is tough to pick between them.

Nobody else in the east is in the same zip code.

G0ATbe
01-15-2015, 08:33 AM
Kyrie.

nathanjizzle
01-15-2015, 08:52 AM
D Rose >

atljonesbro
01-15-2015, 08:55 AM
The top 3 are pretty clear cut in Lowry, Wall, and Teague. Teague is the best scorer, wall is the best playmaker and defender, and Lowry is the jack of all trades

Da Doc04
01-15-2015, 09:20 AM
wall

Magic731
01-15-2015, 09:23 AM
Really a two horse race between Lowry and Wall. Teague is good but I doubt any neutral fan takes him over Lowry or Wall at this point. Personally I'm going with Wall number one.

robert de niro
01-15-2015, 09:24 AM
Wall, he's also the most handsome

BlazerRed
01-15-2015, 09:43 AM
Wall

atljonesbro
01-15-2015, 09:44 AM
Really a two horse race between Lowry and Wall. Teague is good but I doubt any neutral fan takes him over Lowry or Wall at this point. Personally I'm going with Wall number one.
You're right, more espn hype despite the fact Teague is playing just as good as both in a pass heavy system on less minutes. Teague would probably score around 22 ppg on better efficiency than both if he were allowed to dominate the ball like wall or Lowry. It's not just a 2 horse race if you actually watch basketball because if you did you'd known Teague is right up there with them.

T_L_P
01-15-2015, 09:51 AM
God damn the East is pathetic. :biggums:

Kyle Lowry is the best PG in that conference. :roll:

Magic731
01-15-2015, 10:00 AM
You're right, more espn hype despite the fact Teague is playing just as good as both in a pass heavy system on less minutes. Teague would probably score around 22 ppg on better efficiency than both if he were allowed to dominate the ball like wall or Lowry. It's not just a 2 horse race if you actually watch basketball because if you did you'd known Teague is right up there with them.
I can make the argument that the system Teague in is makes him look better than he is. I have seen Wall and Lowry multiple times single-handedly lead their teams to Ws. I don't see that same sort of dominance from Teague.

atljonesbro
01-15-2015, 10:01 AM
I can make the argument that the system Teague in is makes him look better than he is. I have seen Wall and Lowry multiple times single-handedly lead their teams to Ws. I don't see that same sort of dominance from Teague.
I've watched all but 2 games this year. Teague has carried us many times. But then again, he doesn't have to despite the fact he clearly can because we play as a team which is just a concept you people who bark about needing superstars keep shouting.

Magic731
01-15-2015, 10:04 AM
I've watched all but 2 games this year. Teague has carried us many times. But then again, he doesn't have to despite the fact he clearly can because we play as a team which is just a concept you people who bark about needing superstars keep shouting.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I personally would take Wall and Lowry before Teague.

atljonesbro
01-15-2015, 10:08 AM
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I personally would take Wall and Lowry before Teague.
I don't care if you take both of them over Teague, just that you're writing him off as if he can't compete with them. Teague has been playing on their levels this season and Teague has been better than Wall when they match up head to head. Like I said, I feel Teague is a better scorer than both, wall is a better playmaker and defender, and Lowry is the jack off all trades. Seems fair enough I'd say.

j3lademaster
01-15-2015, 10:49 AM
Really a two horse race between Lowry and Wall. Teague is good but I doubt any neutral fan takes him over Lowry or Wall at this point. Personally I'm going with Wall number one.This. Hawks will keep winning with Teague out; their depth, coach, rotations, off/def sets are too good and their players are unselfish. Take Wall off the Wiz and they change drastically.

pegasus
01-15-2015, 11:04 AM
The top 3 are pretty clear cut in Lowry, Wall, and Teague. Teague is the best scorer, wall is the best playmaker and defender, and Lowry is the jack of all trades
I agree with this. Rose has shown the potential to outplay any of them any given night, but he's been too inconsistent to put him above those.

Dro
01-15-2015, 11:59 AM
I'm going with Wall.....

FatComputerNerd
01-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Wall for overall game and versatility.

Kyrie and Rose are both better alpha type scorers, but Wall's size and D are too hard to ignore.

If I had to pick a current PG from the East to start a team around it would probably be Wall.

I honestly haven't seen enough of Lowry or Teague to rate them.

russwest0
01-15-2015, 01:29 PM
http://www.sportingopinions.com/wp-content/uploads/nba-top-10-point-guards-470-wplok.jpg

Damn if Wall is 6'4 this makes Westbrook look like it too

Mawly-G
01-15-2015, 01:31 PM
Easily John Wall

Droid101
01-15-2015, 01:33 PM
I pick Kemba Jordan over Irving right now.
Of ****ing course you do you predictable cretin.

beastee
01-15-2015, 01:49 PM
Currently:
Wall
Lowry
Teague
Rose
Kyrie

EOS:
Wall
Rose (More aggressive as confidence rises)
Lowry (numbers drop with Derozan Back)
Kyrie (If he accepts system)
Teague (Great full season)

2-5 Are VERY close.

They Won
01-15-2015, 02:34 PM
Wall
Lowry
Teague

hawksdogsbraves
01-15-2015, 02:35 PM
Currently:
Wall
Lowry
Teague
Rose
Kyrie

EOS:
Wall
Rose (More aggressive as confidence rises)
Lowry (numbers drop with Derozan Back)
Kyrie (If he accepts system)
Teague (Great full season)

2-5 Are VERY close.

If we're talking strictly this season, I don't really see any argument for Rose even being on this list.

OnFire
01-15-2015, 02:43 PM

I think this is the winner for top 3...

Kyrie is not on the same level.

beastee
01-15-2015, 02:59 PM
If we're talking strictly this season, I don't really see any argument for Rose even being on this list.
I don't think you have watched many games? He makes the Bulls a better team when he is aggressive. Defenders crash on him and even if he misses, Bulls get many tip ins and O boards. He has shown flashes of brilliance. That Is why he is currently at 4 on my list. But nights like last night 32 and 5 (should have been 8-9 if Gasol and Butler didnt suck) show he can be elite eventually.

kshutts1
01-15-2015, 03:02 PM
This. Hawks will keep winning with Teague out; their depth, coach, rotations, off/def sets are too good and their players are unselfish. Take Wall off the Wiz and they change drastically.
This is an argument more for Wall to be the MVP than to say Wall is better.

Why has no one pointed out that the PGs in the OP are from the East and the West? Odd.

But I have Wall as the best PG in the East.
Westbrook as the best player that plays PG in the league.
Chris Paul the best PG in the league.

HurricaneKid
01-15-2015, 03:04 PM
Lowry is the only answer to this thread.

Wall is next.

Third is whoever is playing against Kyrie.

Then Teague.

Lots of guys can play once a week and kill it. But until he consistently contributes I can't put Rose on the list at all. He still picks and chooses and plays horribly for long stretches.

hawksdogsbraves
01-15-2015, 03:12 PM
I don't think you have watched many games? He makes the Bulls a better team when he is aggressive. Defenders crash on him and even if he misses, Bulls get many tip ins and O boards. He has shown flashes of brilliance. That Is why he is currently at 4 on my list. But nights like last night 32 and 5 (should have been 8-9 if Gasol and Butler didnt suck) show he can be elite eventually.

Sure he could get back to MVP form and he has great games from time to time. Kemba Walker has great games too.

His efficiency though is awful, he's shooting way too many 3's at a 28% clip, and his defense is still mediocre.

Teague has better raw stats, better efficiency stats, and has played phenomenal defense this season. And he's still clearly only in that 3 spot below Wall and Lowry.

If Rose's stats were transplanted onto Michael Carter Williams or somebody they wouldn't be in this discussion either. It's only his history of having been a great player that gets him brought up.

JohnnyBravo5
01-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Teague. Has been a playoff starter since he's been in the league.

beastee
01-15-2015, 03:44 PM
Sure he could get back to MVP form and he has great games from time to time. Kemba Walker has great games too.

His efficiency though is awful, he's shooting way too many 3's at a 28% clip, and his defense is still mediocre.

Teague has better raw stats, better efficiency stats, and has played phenomenal defense this season. And he's still clearly only in that 3 spot below Wall and Lowry.

If Rose's stats were transplanted onto Michael Carter Williams or somebody they wouldn't be in this discussion either. It's only his history of having been a great player that gets him brought up.

That can't be fully discounted. Espn had a nice video breaking down Rose recently. The 3pt shooting has gone down and drives are going up. It is still a process absolutely, which is again why I have teague at 3 and Rose at 4. Teague still has yet to have a complete season this good, so hopefully he continues it. Rose should improve, but the efficiency of his will never be a strong suit. Just like how WB can be an absolute beast, but will suffer on Efficiency. Teague needs to be efficient for the Hawks to be at their best. Rose had to be in hero mode his first several seasons, and is really trying to adjust to having a better supporting cast this year. As far as all stars should go it is exactly where I had it: 1. Wall. 2. Lowry. 3. Teague. 4. Rose. 5. Irving.

hawksdogsbraves
01-15-2015, 03:53 PM
That can't be fully discounted. Espn had a nice video breaking down Rose recently. The 3pt shooting has gone down and drives are going up. It is still a process absolutely, which is again why I have teague at 3 and Rose at 4. Teague still has yet to have a complete season this good, so hopefully he continues it. Rose should improve, but the efficiency of his will never be a strong suit. Just like how WB can be an absolute beast, but will suffer on Efficiency. Teague needs to be efficient for the Hawks to be at their best. Rose had to be in hero mode his first several seasons, and is really trying to adjust to having a better supporting cast this year. As far as all stars should go it is exactly where I had it: 1. Wall. 2. Lowry. 3. Teague. 4. Rose. 5. Irving.

He could increase his efficiency drastically by just not chucking up as many 3's. Really shouldn't be too hard for him to figure out, but I guess for some of these guys it is.

3peated
01-15-2015, 03:58 PM
it's wall. no doubt.

i get why people are mentioning teague, but he is like the definition of a system player, as is most of ATL.

GOBB
01-15-2015, 04:06 PM
15ppg 7.2apg 6.4rpg 1.2spg = MCW, he is in the discussion for best PG in East

This is how hinkie will sell mcw to teams in a trade, thus we violate them in a deal and laugh over cold stella artois

bizil
01-15-2015, 06:05 PM
For me EASILY Wall. Only a healthy Rose is as good as Wall. With all due respect to Lowry,Teague, etc. And even in comparison to a healthy Rose, I prefer the way Wall plays the PG position. Freak athletic pass first PG who also has alpha level scoring ability. Peak potential wise, I think Wall could be a freak athletic version of Gary Payton!

Smoke117
01-15-2015, 06:08 PM
John Wall.

PsychoBe
01-15-2015, 06:44 PM
someone please tell me when wall will learn how to shoot consistently? :facepalm

teague can shoot, lowry can shoot, to some extent rose can shoot, but wall just can't and he's going almost 5 years in. i'd compare him to rondo but rondo was always a playmaker regardless.

qrich
01-15-2015, 06:47 PM
Jonathan Wall
Kyle Lowry

Kyrie Irving
Jeff Teague
Derrick Rose
Kemba Walker

Brandon Jennings
Elfrid Payton
Deron Williams
Jose Calderon
Brandon Knight

Milbuck
01-15-2015, 06:51 PM
someone please tell me when wall will learn how to shoot consistently? :facepalm

teague can shoot, lowry can shoot, to some extent rose can shoot, but wall just can't and he's going almost 5 years in. i'd compare him to rondo but rondo was always a playmaker regardless.
Wall can shoot, just because he isn't a sniper like Curry or Lillard doesn't mean he's Rubio...he's actually shooting better than Lowry from all ranges between 0-3 feet and 3PT line. And over the past 2 seasons he's at 35% from 3. He's made a ton of progress as a shooter.

GOBB
01-15-2015, 07:18 PM

Comparing Wall to Rondo shooting wise shows you havent watched Wall this season. Here is an article maybe it will change your mind since you really haven't watched him much this season based on what you said in the above post...

Wall improves midrange shot (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/john-wall-has-improved-on-mid-range-jumpers-and-he-and-the-wizards-benefit/2014/12/18/d4fd9a5c-8656-11e4-a702-fa31ff4ae98e_story.html)

Smoke117
01-15-2015, 07:24 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0a3fg-fUWdw/T3On8vGgmVI/AAAAAAAAA4A/PJg-1gRMH5Y/s1600/bunk-the-wire.gif

Burgz V2
01-15-2015, 07:32 PM

:coleman:

Hey Yo
01-15-2015, 07:32 PM
http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809EBF/ec-origin.dmv.barstoolsports.com/files/2014/03/john-wall-dougie-o.gif

tontoz
01-15-2015, 08:10 PM
That can't be fully discounted. Espn had a nice video breaking down Rose recently. The 3pt shooting has gone down and drives are going up. .

Huh? Rose is taking the most 3s of his career this year even though he is shooting only 28%.

hawksdogsbraves
01-15-2015, 08:45 PM
Wall is definitely number 1, he's going to have to step up big in the playoffs if the Wiz are going to make a run.

tontoz
01-15-2015, 08:52 PM
Wall is definitely number 1, he's going to have to step up big in the playoffs if the Wiz are going to make a run.

He was pretty bad in the playoffs last year.

He wasn't very good in november either but he is really showing progress since then. He still needs to get his turnovers until control though. I'm sure you noticed when we played you guys. :facepalm

nathanjizzle
01-15-2015, 08:58 PM
in games that are considered clutch situations. (4th quarter, point difference of 5 with less than 5 minutes)

rose's record is 11-3 this season

john walls record is 11-10.

go figure how some of you keep believing these B list point gaurds are better than Rose. But you guys can have your little moment in time, as if john wall is going to lead any team to a championship, or lowry, or teague for that matter.

hawksdogsbraves
01-15-2015, 09:02 PM
in games that are considered clutch situations. (4th quarter, point difference of 5 with less than 5 minutes)

go figure how some of you keep believing these B list point gaurds are better than Rose. But you guys can have your little moment in time, as if john wall is going to lead any team to a championship, or lowry, or teague for that matter.

Yeah because Rose has led so many teams to championships :roll:

nathanjizzle
01-15-2015, 09:04 PM
Yeah because Rose has led so many teams to championships :roll:

are you saying rose isnt or isnt capable of? i think we can all agree that bulls arent contenders without rose, and they are with him and have a shot at the title this year.

knicksman
01-15-2015, 09:05 PM

LOL pure pg>>score first. Rose is just another AI. good with stats but not impact wise. Only dumbass fans worship rose.

nathanjizzle
01-15-2015, 09:07 PM
LOL pure pg>>score first. Rose is just another AI. good with stats but not impact wise. Only dumbass fans worship rose.

thats ironic, because rose is more of an impact player less stat player. thanks for your opinion, and rose isnt a score first pg:facepalm . having the ability to score greatly doesnt make you a "score first pg", but keep trying.

knicksman
01-15-2015, 09:07 PM
are you saying rose isnt or isnt capable of? i think we can all agree that bulls arent contenders without rose, and they are with him and have a shot at the title this year.

Rose missing almost half a season still on pace to winning the same amount of games. Yet it was all on him.LOL Dumbass rose stans.

knicksman
01-15-2015, 09:08 PM
thats ironic, because rose is more of an impact player less stat player. but keep trying.

Rose is just another AI who got the credit because of his teams defense. LOL talk about overrated.

nathanjizzle
01-15-2015, 09:09 PM
Rose missing almost half a season still on pace to winning the same amount of games. Yet it was all on him.LOL Dumbass rose stans.

what year are you reffering to?

tontoz
01-15-2015, 09:12 PM

LOL Rose is shooting 33% in those situations, Wall 50%.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/Screenshot2015-01-15at80903PM_zps1b7d13ab.png (http://s56.photobucket.com/user/tontoz/media/Screenshot2015-01-15at80903PM_zps1b7d13ab.png.html)

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/Screenshot2015-01-15at80920PM_zps051685c0.png (http://s56.photobucket.com/user/tontoz/media/Screenshot2015-01-15at80920PM_zps051685c0.png.html)

nathanjizzle
01-15-2015, 09:14 PM
Rose is just another AI who got the credit because of his teams defense. LOL talk about overrated.

thanks for your opinion. but stats> opinions

bulls 2011 61-21 (healthy rose)
bulls 2012 51-15 (semi healthy rose)
bulls 2013 42-40 (no rose)
bulls 2014 47-35 (no rose)

against top 8 teams in the NBA

2010-2011 (healthy rose)
14-7

2011-2012 (semi healthy rose)
9-6

2012-2013 (no rose)
5-12

BUT BUT BUT, ROSE DOESNT DESERVE CREDIT FOR BULLS WINS BECAUSE ITS ALL DEFENSE. RETARD KNICKS FAN.

nathanjizzle
01-15-2015, 09:15 PM
LOL Rose is shooting 33% in those situations, Wall 50%.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/Screenshot2015-01-15at80903PM_zps1b7d13ab.png (http://s56.photobucket.com/user/tontoz/media/Screenshot2015-01-15at80903PM_zps1b7d13ab.png.html)

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/Screenshot2015-01-15at80920PM_zps051685c0.png (http://s56.photobucket.com/user/tontoz/media/Screenshot2015-01-15at80920PM_zps051685c0.png.html)

11-10 :biggums: :facepalm

d rose has never had such a mediocre clutch win percentage besides his rookie year.
2012 rose 9-6 60.0%
2011 rose 30-10 75.0% MVP QUALITY
2010 rose 24-16 60.0%
2009 rose 21-20 51.2% (LOL JOHN WALL IS ABOUT AS GOOD AS ROOKIE ROSE)

knicksman
01-15-2015, 09:22 PM
thanks for your opinion. but stats> opinions

bulls 2011 61-21 (healthy rose)
bulls 2012 51-15 (semi healthy rose)
bulls 2013 42-40 (no rose)
bulls 2014 47-35 (no rose)

against top 8 teams in the NBA

2010-2011 (healthy rose)
14-7

2011-2012 (semi healthy rose)
9-6

2012-2013 (no rose)
5-12

BUT BUT BUT, ROSE DOESNT DESERVE CREDIT FOR BULLS WINS BECAUSE ITS ALL DEFENSE. RETARD KNICKS FAN.

What matters is rose against miami 1-4. Without rose 1-4. And you forgot bulls wouldve been ousted in the first round if not for the refs. And why would they play hard if someone who was already cleared wont still play while others are risking injuries.

tontoz
01-15-2015, 09:25 PM
11-10 :biggums: :facepalm

d rose has never had such a mediocre clutch win percentage.

Right i am sure Rose's 33% shooting in the clutch is what powered them to victory.

:rolleyes:

BTW you just made up those stats. The Wizards have lost only 12 games this year and 4 of them were blowout loses.

But by all means keep making stuff up if that makes you happy.

nathanjizzle
01-15-2015, 09:33 PM
Right i am sure Rose's 33% shooting in the clutch is what powered them to victory.

:rolleyes:

BTW you just made up those stats. The Wizards have lost only 12 games this year and 4 of them were blowout loses.

But by all means keep making stuff up if that makes you happy.

close enough. barely a "good" leader in the clutch.
http://i60.tinypic.com/zwaxl0.png

tontoz
01-15-2015, 09:39 PM
close enough. barely a "good" leader in the clutch.
http://i60.tinypic.com/zwaxl0.png

:lol

That is obviously wrong. 4 of their 12 losses were blowouts. That leaves only 8 games and the Wizards are 6-1 in games decided by 3 points or less. That is the best mark in the NBA.

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/type/expanded

Not to mention that they are undefeated when leading after 3 quarters.

LiLharvard
01-15-2015, 11:22 PM
He was pretty bad in the playoffs last year.

He wasn't very good in november either but he is really showing progress since then. He still needs to get his turnovers until control though. I'm sure you noticed when we played you guys. :facepalm

no need to look at his turnovers.. he's a point guard.. that will happen ... like today the best pg arguably in the west (Westbrook) has 7TO in 32mins.

He does throw some errant passes from time to time but he makes up for it by leading the league in assists and just generally being a late game clutch killer and having defensive prowess.

LiLharvard
01-15-2015, 11:30 PM

Rose has had his moments (twice) out of 48 games.
he scores 30 or whatever with a couple of late game assists to statpad his horribly selfish night of scoring the ball... the bulls usually lose in these games aswell.His scoring consists of shooting the 3.. his first offensive shot is always a 3pter and most of the time he bricks (28%) .. if it doesn't hit he usually has one of those comically awful 6-24 shooting nights. He doesn't get to the line much nor can he finish at the rack like he once could. My guess? He probably needs another season under his belt to shake off the rust because just isn't really even close to that top 5 echelon of point guards .. at this point in time