PDA

View Full Version : Wojo: Nets pushing to get Lopez out of there...

niko
01-15-2015, 08:47 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 35m35 minutes ago
Nets talking to several teams, but officials around league say Nets making second hard push for intel on Charlotte's Lance Stephenson.

Details
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 39m39 minutes ago
Brooklyn has accelerated trade discussions for Brook Lopez with the intention on moving him soon, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Heat and Charlotte are the places, not OKC. That one was wishful thinking.

poido123
01-15-2015, 08:48 PM
Heat?

Don't kill the brightside...:(

hawkfan
01-15-2015, 08:51 PM
Lance and Marvin and Bismack for Lopez?
Hmm.

niko
01-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Lance and Marvin and Bismack for Lopez?
Hmm.
Why would Hornets throw in Biyombo for a Nets salary dump? Lopez is injury prone, the Nets have no leverage here.

Thunderfan86
01-15-2015, 09:00 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 35m35 minutes ago
Nets talking to several teams, but officials around league say Nets making second hard push for intel on Charlotte's Lance Stephenson.

Details
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 39m39 minutes ago
Brooklyn has accelerated trade discussions for Brook Lopez with the intention on moving him soon, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Heat and Charlotte are the places, not OKC. That one was wishful thinking.
Yep, sounds about right. :facepalm

hawkfan
01-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Why would Hornets throw in Biyombo for a Nets salary dump? Lopez is injury prone, the Nets have no leverage here.

Will Charlotte pick up his option? If not, then trading him is ok.

JohnFreeman
01-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Stauskas/sessions/Thompson

hawkfan
01-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Stauskas/sessions/Thompson

How about Landry.

niko
01-15-2015, 09:05 PM
Will Charlotte pick up his option? If not, then trading him is ok.

This is the same logic Nets fans have. Teams don't send you assets for no reason. "We don't need him, so instead of getting value, let's do the Nets a favor".

You make ten thousand trade scenarios per day but you don't have the slightest idea how a trade works or what player value is.

niko
01-15-2015, 09:07 PM
Lopez has a $16M player option, is playing shitty, has been hurt twice this year, has a chronic foot problem that might end his career, and the Nets desperately want him gone.

So the Hornets are going to pay a premium to get him? Really? You could get him for equal salary as long as teh player isn't utter garbage.

hawkfan
01-15-2015, 09:10 PM
This is the same logic Nets fans have. Teams don't send you assets for no reason. "We don't need him, so instead of getting value, let's do the Nets a favor".

You make ten thousand trade scenarios per day but you don't have the slightest idea how a trade works or what player value is.

Yes, I do.
The Nets may want a pick. So instead they offer Biyombo, whom they don't want.
That also clears open a roster spot now without Charlotte having to continue to pay Biyombo.

poido123
01-15-2015, 09:11 PM
Lopez has a $16M player option, is playing shitty, has been hurt twice this year, has a chronic foot problem that might end his career, and the Nets desperately want him gone.

So the Hornets are going to pay a premium to get him? Really? You could get him for equal salary as long as teh player isn't utter garbage.

The problem with Lopez is, you can't rely on him to be there when he is most needed.

Hell, you can't rely on him to get through half a season.

A good player when he plays, but a huge disruption when he inevitably goes down.

If I was a GM, I would not touch him unless he was an expirer and I wasn't planning on playing him.

hawkfan
01-15-2015, 09:11 PM

If he gets healthy, he won't get moved.
Big Z was hurt and then he got better.

niko
01-15-2015, 09:12 PM
Yes, I do.
The Nets may want a pick. So instead they offer Biyombo, whom they don't want.
That also clears open a roster spot now without Charlotte having to continue to pay Biyombo.

No you don't. The Nets have no leverage. You're operating under the assumption teams should give up assets just to give them up like it's a video game. The Hornets are going to ADD an asset so the Nets will salary dump a player to them. That's stupid.

niko
01-15-2015, 09:12 PM
How would he "get healthy"? He's healthy until his foot breaks and then he's no longer healthy.

hawkfan
01-15-2015, 09:13 PM
No you don't. The Nets have no leverage. You're operating under the assumption teams should give up assets just to give them up like it's a video game. The Hornets are going to ADD an asset so the Nets will salary dump a player to them. That's stupid.

Look at Biyombo's stats.

niko
01-15-2015, 09:15 PM
Look at Biyombo's stats.

Whatever. "IF LOPEZ GETS HEALTHY" is about the point i shouldn't bother anyway.

outbreak
01-15-2015, 09:17 PM
Lopez has a chronic injury though

niko
01-15-2015, 09:18 PM
I want Lance in Brooklyn so bad. Him with Hollins who has NO tolerance for stupidity, my god. :lol

blablabla
01-15-2015, 09:51 PM
Suns? They could use a good Post player and they have the best medical staff in the L

Rekindled
01-15-2015, 09:52 PM
Suns? They could use a good Post player and they have the best medical staff in the L

Alex Len > Lopez

Nets fan 93
01-15-2015, 09:53 PM
Lance is talented but is so dumb he just wouldn't last on this team so what's the point?

Nets fan 93
01-15-2015, 09:53 PM
Alex Len > Lopez
:roll:

smoovegittar
01-15-2015, 09:55 PM
feets, don't fail me now...

GOBB
01-15-2015, 11:11 PM
3 team trade discussed lopez to OKC lancs to BKN and Jack/lamb to charlotte

OnFire
01-15-2015, 11:13 PM
What would the Heat be doing? Can they trade McRoberts + mcRoberts trade exception+Chalmers or would it have to be McRoberts+ Chalmers+like Granger?

I don't think the player option hurts much because isn't the offseason after that the next "big free agency year"?

poido123
01-15-2015, 11:14 PM
3 team trade discussed lopez to OKC lancs to BKN and Jack/lamb to charlotte

Just opened a thread about it :cheers:

Funnyfuka
01-15-2015, 11:17 PM
lopez is trash whatever team he is on...