PDA

View Full Version : It looks like there isn't a clear cut championship team this season..

tgan3
01-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Atlanta Hawks and Golden State Warriors are of course leading the regular season, but then again they have had little playoff success, are they a true bonafide championship caliber team?

And then again you have dangerous teams like the LA clippers and Spurs which are surprisingly placed 6th and 7th, and Cavs which are 6th but has the best player in the world and irving, love. OKC is not even top 8 (because of injuries but they could squeeze in playoff contention somehow and make the top seed sweat a little).

It looks like there is more than 10 teams that are legitimately capable of winning a ring or at least getting to the finals...has this happened before?

COnDEMnED
01-15-2015, 10:17 PM
It's clear which conference will win, who takes it home between Golden State, Portland, and Memphis is up for debate though. My thought is probably Portland.

poido123
01-15-2015, 10:23 PM
The Warriors are legit contenders.

Atlanta will flame out at some point. They won't get through the Wiz, Bulls or Toronto come playoffs.

BuffaloBill
01-15-2015, 10:26 PM
Spurs. They're finally starting to get healthy after dealing with injuries all season. Expect a 30 game win streak following all star break

atljonesbro
01-15-2015, 10:30 PM
The Warriors are legit contenders.

Atlanta will flame out at some point. They won't get through the Wiz, Bulls or Toronto come playoffs.
Atlanta has a better record overall, better H2H record, better record vs. .500+ teams (best in the league), better record vs the West, better record on the road, better record at home, better offensive efficiency rating, better defensive rating, more points per game, less points game game allowed, higher FG%, lower FG% allowed, higher 3 pt%, lower 3 pt% allowed, higher point differential, lower turn over rate, more forced turn overs than the Bulls.

Atlanta >>> Chicago

poido123
01-15-2015, 10:35 PM
Atlanta has a better record overall, better H2H record, better record vs. .500+ teams (best in the league), better record vs the West, better record on the road, better record at home, better offensive efficiency rating, better defensive rating, more points per game, less points game game allowed, higher FG%, lower FG% allowed, higher 3 pt%, lower 3 pt% allowed, higher point differential, lower turn over rate, more forced turn overs than the Bulls.

Atlanta >>> Chicago

You guys are playing at your best. We still have chemistry issues to sort out and Rose will start to give a shit in the playoffs. Right now, he is just turning up for matchups like Wall or Irving.

Enjoy your time now, I will remind you of this in the playoffs :pimp:

COnDEMnED
01-15-2015, 10:36 PM

Atlanta >>> Chicago
Peaking too soon. Fizzle out imminent.

atljonesbro
01-15-2015, 10:36 PM
You guys are playing at your best. We still have chemistry issues to sort out and Rose will start to give a shit in the playoffs. Right now, he is just turning up for matchups like Wall or Irving.

Enjoy your time now, I will remind you of this in the playoffs :pimp:
Nah, they're just this good. Gotta learn to live with it.

Magic731
01-15-2015, 10:42 PM

Atlanta >>> Chicago
Does this guy have some sort of alarm that goes off anytime Atlanta is mentioned??? Never seen someone get on the defensive so quick after someone doesn't rate his team.

poido123
01-15-2015, 10:44 PM
Does this guy have some sort of alarm that goes off anytime Atlanta is mentioned??? Never seen someone get on the defensive so quick after someone doesn't rate his team.

LOL

atljonesbro
01-15-2015, 10:45 PM
So? I'm posting facts making sure why people understand why I believe the Hawks are so good. Does that really bother you that much? Very weird for that to bother you.

BuffaloBill
01-15-2015, 10:47 PM

LMAO :roll: :roll:

Magic731
01-15-2015, 10:48 PM
So? I'm posting facts making sure why people understand why I believe the Hawks are so good. Does that really bother you that much? Very weird for that to bother you.
It doesn't bother me, if anything I commend you for your efforts. You have a clear goal in making sure the Hawks are relevant and respected and it seems you will stop at nothing to achieve your goal.

beastee
01-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Post of the week dude. I sometimes wonder the same thing. He may have like 5 or 6 cut and paste scenarios about why hawks are better than each team. He says the same thing about the bulls, same thing about the wizards, same thing about the raptors...**** this dude is a robot.

atljonesbro
01-15-2015, 11:17 PM
Post of the week dude. I sometimes wonder the same thing. He may have like 5 or 6 cut and paste scenarios about why hawks are better than each team. He says the same thing about the bulls, same thing about the wizards, same thing about the raptors...**** this dude is a robot.
I don't understand why you'd be mad I'm using factual information to back my side. Are you just mad because you can't prove what I'm saying wrong?

qrich
01-15-2015, 11:21 PM
Western Playoffs are going to be an absolute bloodbath, to the point the Western side will be gassed come the finals, while the East will be pretty bland.

Fowl
01-15-2015, 11:38 PM
Western Playoffs are going to be an absolute bloodbath, to the point the Western side will be gassed come the finals, while the East will be pretty bland.
Chicago Atlanta Cleveland Toronto and Washington. Any series involving any of those teams will be crazy.

qrich
01-15-2015, 11:40 PM
Chicago Atlanta Cleveland Toronto and Washington. Any series involving any of those teams will be crazy.

Assuming they all get past the first round, might have a close semi's, but in the West, you might have the Thunder as the 8th seed, what a reward for finishing top overall, as opposed to Miami? Detroit?