PDA

View Full Version : If the rumored trade goes down someone explain to me what Charlotte is doin

GOBB
01-16-2015, 06:23 PM
Everyone from fans analysts, front offices, to media bashes my sixers for their plan. Can someone explain charlottes after signing Lance and trading him halfway through the season? For basically nothing? I'm sure they will get a piece or two extra but the primary stuff is Jarret Jack and Lamb. By all means what is the plan in Charlotte?

People wanted lottery reform because of the sixers. No one says shit when teams sign a player then trade them within a year. Interesting.

hawkfan
01-16-2015, 06:26 PM
Tanking is two parts:

1. Losing on purpose to get high picks.
2. Getting end of rotation guys on the cheap that no one else wants.

So which end of rotation guys have the Sixers found?

Jailblazers7
01-16-2015, 06:33 PM
I don't think it's a terrible exist strategy to get out a contract and player they don't want. At the end of the day, they didn't invest a ton in Lance and trading him for nothing is roughly equivalent to simply not signing him at all.

hawkfan
01-16-2015, 06:35 PM
Everyone from fans analysts, front offices, to media bashes my sixers for their plan. Can someone explain charlottes after signing Lance and trading him halfway through the season? For basically nothing? I'm sure they will get a piece or two extra but the primary stuff is Jarret Jack and Lamb. By all means what is the plan in Charlotte?

People wanted lottery reform because of the sixers. No one says shit when teams sign a player then trade them within a year. Interesting.

Lance is a disaster.
If he isn't traded, he'll probably get waived next season, so the Hornets can save six million against the cap.
The Lakers should trade for him - give up Nash.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-16-2015, 07:51 PM
Stephenson is a cancer. He was far from a sure thing when they signed him (as far as how he would mesh with the team and how well he would perform), he hasn't worked out, and they're trying to move him. I don't see why this is worth discussing? Seems fairly simple.

ZeN
01-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Lance is being a chemistry killer and the Josh Smith situation has given then wishful thinking.

TheMarkMadsen
01-16-2015, 07:54 PM
CHA was trying to compete for an ECF, they signed Lance and ended up being terrible. So they are trying to cut their losses

76ers haven't tried to compete in a game in the past 2 seasons..

thats the difference

Milbuck
01-16-2015, 08:00 PM
People wanted lottery reform because of the sixers. No one says shit when teams sign a player then trade them within a year. Interesting.Probably because the Hornets actually tried to win this year, sucked unintentionally, and are now playing it smart. Whereas the Sixers intentionally put together one of the worst teams in NBA history to tank from day 1. Lmao at you trying to act like there isn't a huge difference.

HurricaneKid
01-16-2015, 08:07 PM
They are rectifying a mistake.

Without Lance on the floor they have outscored their opponents. With Lance on the floor they are 4 points worse offensively (per 100 poss) and 4 points worse defensively (per 100 poss).

Thats an AWFUL impact.

OnFire
01-16-2015, 08:17 PM
I honestly can't believe there is 1 person that the 76ers can trick into their arena but apparently there's dozens.

KG215
01-16-2015, 08:26 PM
Is there a new deal on the table for Lance? Because I thought the three-team deal between the Hornets, Thunder, and Nets was dead because the Nets pulled the plug for now?