PDA

View Full Version : If the Hawks get eliminated in the First Round

MMM
01-17-2015, 02:23 AM
it doesn't really change that they are currently on a impressive run. For example, we can still appreciate in 08 when the Rockets won 22 straight despite them having an early exit.

The Hawks definitely deserve more love from the non hawk fans because i think most of us had them as a 5th or 6th seed at best in the preseason. At this point of the season they should be seen as favourites in the east or contenders going forward because their elite level of play can't be denied.

How many teams in the league have even displayed a comparable extended level of elite play as the Hawks this season???

navy
01-17-2015, 02:59 AM
The only reason the Hawks arent getting more love on ISH is because of how annoying the fans are on this website.

NugzFan
01-17-2015, 03:01 AM
The only reason the Hawks arent getting more love on ISH is because of how annoying the fans are on this website.

This.

I honestly have nothing against the team (why would I?) but I will laugh if they lose in the first round. Their fan (need 2 to be plural) are to blame.

COnDEMnED
01-17-2015, 03:01 AM
If they get bounced in the first round, I will make it a personal mission to make this offseason a living nightmare for Hawkfan86 and his underlings.

Heavincent
01-17-2015, 03:02 AM
They obviously won't lose in the first round. Do you understand how terrible the 8th seed in the East will be? It's basically a first round bye.

ImKobe
01-17-2015, 03:02 AM
hawk fans and GSW fans are bringing this type of shit on themselves

I can't blame them though, it must be exciting to be this relevant the first time for these young fellas, they will learn come post-season.

oarabbus
01-17-2015, 03:04 AM

I can't blame them though, it must be exciting to be this relevant the first time for these young fellas, they will learn come post-season.

:biggums:

Please point out the 10+ threads created daily by Warriors fans...

Heavincent
01-17-2015, 03:08 AM

Yeah lets just talk about the Lakers and Cavs instead.

ImKobe
01-17-2015, 03:27 AM
Yeah lets just talk about the Lakers and Cavs instead.

It's not that, it's the fact that these guys are so high on their horses during the first half of the season and are already talking Finals :facepalm, like we haven't seen teams start out hot the first half of the season and cool off/get exposed in April...

:biggums:

Please point out the 10+ threads created daily by Warriors fans...

Not too many GSW bandwagoners here, but on other forums I see many fans that are confident they will make it out of the West, comparing the Warriors to all-time great teams and shit...

All I'm saying is be patient and don't talk so much shit when we haven't even reached the ASB yet. Just look at history and learn from it. Portland last year is a good example of a team starting out hot early in the season and falling off later on, though to their credit they made the 2nd round.

Mr. Jabbar
01-17-2015, 03:30 AM
the respect ive gained towards the hawks cannot be erased even by 5 consecutive years of 1st round exits. playoffs are about matchups, hawks are about playing ball the right way.

Respect

NugzFan
01-17-2015, 03:31 AM
If they get bounced in the first round, I will make it a personal mission to make this offseason a living nightmare for Hawkfan86 and his underlings.

You will have help

oarabbus
01-17-2015, 03:31 AM
It's not that, it's the fact that these guys are so high on their horses during the first half of the season and are already talking Finals :facepalm, like we haven't seen teams start out hot the first half of the season and cool off/get exposed in April...

Not too many GSW bandwagoners here, but on other forums I see many fans that are confident they will make it out of the West, comparing the Warriors to all-time great teams and shit...

All I'm saying is be patient and don't talk so much shit when we haven't even reached the ASB yet. Just look at history and learn from it. Portland last year is a good example of a team starting out hot early in the season and falling off later on, though to their credit they made the 2nd round.

:cheers: fair enough. You won't see any posts from me stating we're a Finals lock or better than the MJ bulls or anything... personally I will consider making WCF a major success.

miggyme1
01-17-2015, 03:39 AM
hawks aren't getting eliminated in the first round unless they get hit with the injury bug. i can see them getting to the ecf and losing but hell if they keep playing like they have been playing they could win it all....sad part is i doubt they have any participants during the all-star game which is quite sad because they are a very talented team.

ImKobe
01-17-2015, 03:40 AM
:cheers: fair enough. You won't see any posts from me stating we're a Finals lock or better than the MJ bulls or anything... personally I will consider making WCF a major success.

West is so tough though that you never know who comes out, all 8 seeds will have a legitimate chance of coming out IMO. I'd feel bad for the 1-2 seed if Spurs or OKC end up as a 7-8 seed :oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
01-17-2015, 04:02 AM
Let's be honest for a minute here.

There is a 0% chance the Hawks lose in the first round. People have been saying recently, 'Yeah, the Hawks are good, but I don't know if this style will work in the playoffs.'

Guess what. This team is BUILT for the playoffs. We run the Spurs' system. This ball movement will work just as well when games slow down as it does in the regular season. Coach Bud is a top 3 coach in this league, and he will FEAST on the Wittmans and the Blatts of the world.

If you want to see a system that won't work in the playoffs, look at the Raptors. Their Iso-ball will fall apart.

Our ball movement system is BUILT for the playoffs, and I feel very confident against any team in the East outside the Bulls. Their frontcourt and coaching will cause us problems.

Can't wait for the playoffs though, it's going to be fun :cheers:

ImKobe
01-17-2015, 04:44 AM

There is a 0% chance the Hawks lose in the first round. People have been saying recently, 'Yeah, the Hawks are good, but I don't know if this style will work in the playoffs.'

Guess what. This team is BUILT for the playoffs. We run the Spurs' system. This ball movement will work just as well when games slow down as it does in the regular season. Coach Bud is a top 3 coach in this league, and he will FEAST on the Wittmans and the Blatts of the world.

If you want to see a system that won't work in the playoffs, look at the Raptors. Their Iso-ball will fall apart.

Our ball movement system is BUILT for the playoffs, and I feel very confident against any team in the East outside the Bulls. Their frontcourt and coaching will cause us problems.

I don't know, if they match up with Detroit in the Playoffs, it could get interesting. SVG ain't no scrub coach and they have the size to match up well with your front court. Last time you won by 3, Drummond only played 17 minutes and Detroit missed 30 threes. I like that match-up. I'd actually watch that series.

sportjames23
01-17-2015, 06:57 AM

Bingo.

I'd be cool with a different team leading the East other than the usual suspects if it weren't for the Hawks annoying stans. I might even have cheered for them to make it to the Finals and beat whatever team comes out of the West.

As it is, a first or second round KO of ATL would set ISH on fire. Hawks fans wouldn't be able to show their faces until next season.

Third round or bust, Hawks fans.

iamgine
01-17-2015, 07:16 AM
it doesn't really change that they are currently on a impressive run. For example, we can still appreciate in 08 when the Rockets won 22 straight despite them having an early exit.

The Hawks definitely deserve more love from the non hawk fans because i think most of us had them as a 5th or 6th seed at best in the preseason. At this point of the season they should be seen as favourites in the east or contenders going forward because their elite level of play can't be denied.

How many teams in the league have even displayed a comparable extended level of elite play as the Hawks this season???
Different situation. The Rockets lost Yao Ming, their best player, to injury. Therefore, the team that goes to the playoff wasn't the real Rockets team that impressed us.

If the Hawks lost in the first round despite being relatively healthy, then their impressive run means nothing, zero, nada.

Done_And_Done
01-17-2015, 07:36 AM
I've been pretty overt about this tonight. The Hawks play a superb brand of team basketball which is stylistically, a personal joy to watch. They've been a great surprise this year, and have slaughtered teams on both sides of the map.

Nothing but love for posters like Hawksdogsbraves. He boasts victories and his teams successes like any proud fan should.

It's the little c.unt scabs like Hawksfan who soil themselves with spooge everytime the Hawks drop one in the win column. The dude was bag of shit as a poster before this season, but now he's like that same bag of shit, unneatly tucked inside 7 other bags of shit.

bigt
01-17-2015, 09:02 AM

The only reason I can see people saying they aren't built for playoffs is because they don't have that identifiable mega star that people like to latch onto. But we've already seen how effective that team 'Spursball' can be and the Hawks run it with dangerous efficiency at times. I'd love to see an Atlanta/Chi-Town Eastern Conference Final, that could be an absolute joy to watch. Given how wide open the East is though no idea who they'll end up facing in any round haha

BuffaloBill
01-17-2015, 09:05 AM
I can't see the Hawks losing in the first round realistically. I mean anything can happen though, Detroit might get the 8th seed and upset them but who knows. I'd say there's a small chance of losing in the first round, but a much bigger chance in the 2nd.

hawkfan
01-17-2015, 09:09 AM
I've been pretty overt about this tonight. The Hawks play a superb brand of team basketball which is stylistically, a personal joy to watch. They've been a great surprise this year, and have slaughtered teams on both sides of the map.

Nothing but love for posters like Hawksdogsbraves. He boasts victories and his teams successes like any proud fan should.

It's the little c.unt scabs like Hawksfan who soil themselves with spooge everytime the Hawks drop one in the win column. The dude was bag of shit as a poster before this season, but now he's like that same bag of shit, unneatly tucked inside 7 other bags of shit.

Salty.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-17-2015, 09:27 AM
I can't see the Hawks losing in the first round realistically. I mean anything can happen though, Detroit might get the 8th seed and upset them but who knows. I'd say there's a small chance of losing in the first round, but a much bigger chance in the 2nd.

This. I don't think a second round exit would be surprising at all.

senelcoolidge
01-17-2015, 09:32 AM
I agree that Hawks fan have suddenly become very annoying now that their team is good. This may not happen again for a few decades. But I'm rooting for the Hawks to make the Finals. The media would hate it. ESPN is already talking how this would hurt the NBA. Screw them. But a hawks fan saying that they have a 0% chance of losing in the first round is asking for trouble.

BuffaloBill
01-17-2015, 10:06 AM
I agree that Hawks fan have suddenly become very annoying now that their team is good. This may not happen again for a few decades. But I'm rooting for the Hawks to make the Finals. The media would hate it. ESPN is already talking how this would hurt the NBA. Screw them. But a hawks fan saying that they have a 0% chance of losing in the first round is asking for trouble.

Nah. That could mean a Spurs vs Hawks finals. Who would watch that? Besides me :oldlol:

hawkfan
01-17-2015, 10:31 AM

Salty.

turret
01-17-2015, 11:29 AM

+1

hawksdogsbraves
01-17-2015, 01:23 PM
I don't know, if they match up with Detroit in the Playoffs, it could get interesting. SVG ain't no scrub coach and they have the size to match up well with your front court. Last time you won by 3, Drummond only played 17 minutes and Detroit missed 30 threes. I like that match-up. I'd actually watch that series.

Good point, Detroit is not who I want to see in the first round.

Still think we take that series in 6 max though.

L.Kizzle
01-17-2015, 01:35 PM
Hawks and Bulls are the teams to beat in the East. When is their next meeting?

hawksdogsbraves
01-17-2015, 01:39 PM
Hawks and Bulls are the teams to beat in the East. When is their next meeting?

In about 7 hours :pimp:

L.Kizzle
01-17-2015, 01:41 PM
In about 7 hours :pimp:
Lol seriously.

CarlosBoozer
01-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Hawks will not lose to the 8th seed of the east, as funny as it would be... it's just impossible :(

beastee
01-17-2015, 03:29 PM
They have the coach to take em to ECF based on their last month of play. I love to shit on hawksfan because its just too easy, but their other posters seem like solid fans. No injuries yet, so anything can happen and it will be interesting to see if they would think of going for a splashy trade upgrade or if they go at it with their roster. cavs and bulls are gonna figure things out at some point, so id say these three are going to be the teams to beat.

Richesly
01-17-2015, 03:29 PM
They have the coach to take em to ECF based on their last month of play. I love to shit on hawksfan because its just too easy, but their other posters seem like solid fans. No injuries yet, so anything can happen and it will be interesting to see if they would think of going for a splashy trade upgrade or if they go at it with their roster. cavs and bulls are gonna figure things out at some point, so id say these three are going to be the teams to beat.

I admit, I was being unbearable earlier. But I'm still being trolled regardless even after cooling down.

beastee
01-17-2015, 03:33 PM
I admit, I was being unbearable earlier. But I'm still being trolled regardless even after cooling down.
You at least have good basketball knowledge and debate well. The dummy just says salty.

navy
01-17-2015, 03:34 PM
The first sentence answers the second.

CJ Mustard
01-17-2015, 03:36 PM
Different situation. The Rockets lost Yao Ming, their best player, to injury. Therefore, the team that goes to the playoff wasn't the real Rockets team that impressed us.

If the Hawks lost in the first round despite being relatively healthy, then their impressive run means nothing, zero, nada.
If I remember correctly, the Rockets still won 11 or 12 in a row after Yao's injury. They were still very impressive without him.

atljonesbro
01-17-2015, 04:10 PM
This. I made a simple thread comparing parsons and Carroll and was trolled regardless. What's the point of cooling down if I'm gonna get trolled either way?

Sportal
01-17-2015, 05:22 PM
hawks aren't getting eliminated in the first round unless they get hit with the injury bug. i can see them getting to the ecf and losing but hell if they keep playing like they have been playing they could win it all....sad part is i doubt they have any participants during the all-star game which is quite sad because they are a very talented team.

Idk... If they come up against an 8th seed Miami Heat and the next round could be the #4 Cavaliers or something. Might see a few calls going Miami's way, you just never know. Cavaliers vs Heat could be one of the most watched 2nd round series' in a while.

Lebron23
01-17-2015, 05:52 PM
Let's see in the playoffs.

MARK HENSON
01-17-2015, 10:36 PM
the hawks could win the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!:lebroncry: :lebroncry: :lebroncry:

Kblaze8855
01-17-2015, 10:49 PM
Who knows...too much happens before and during the playoffs. Every season some team with a great record has people predicting all kinds of greatness only to fall flat.

The team with the best record in the East has only come out of the east like 3 times in the last 10+ years. Off the top of my head...

The 03 Nets were #2, the 04 Pistons were like a 3 seed, in 2006 the Pistons had the best record...Heat second or third..but the Heat won it all, 07 the Pistons were #1 I believe but the Cavs knocked them out, 9 and 10 the Cavs were #1 and lost in the ECF, 11 and 12 the Bulls had the best record in the entire NBA, and last year the Heat were #2 to the Pacers.

So much happens in that month or so that you cant see coming.

They could have a bad run as the Bulls and Wizards get hot....end up the 3 seed and play the Cavs in the first round and lose. Ive given up the guessing games. Playoffs come and make everyone look stupid every year.

I'll just wait and see.

atljonesbro
01-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Who knows...too much happens before and during the playoffs. Every season some team with a great record has people predicting all kinds of greatness only to fall flat.

The team with the best record in the East has only come out of the east like 3 times in the last 10+ years. Off the top of my head...

The 03 Nets were #2, the 04 Pistons were like a 3 seed, in 2006 the Pistons had the best record...Heat second or third..but the Heat won it all, 07 the Pistons were #1 I believe but the Cavs knocked them out, 9 and 10 the Cavs were #1 and lost in the ECF, 11 and 12 the Bulls had the best record in the entire NBA, and last year the Heat were #2 to the Pacers.

So much happens in that month or so that you cant see coming.

They could have a bad run as the Bulls and Wizards get hot....end up the 3 seed and play the Cavs in the first round and lose. Ive given up the guessing games. Playoffs come and make everyone look stupid every year.

I'll just wait and see.
So never speculate about anything in the regular seasons ever since so mucj happens. Got it.:rolleyes:

Kblaze8855
01-17-2015, 10:58 PM
If you think "I'll just wait and see" means "Nobody speculate"...yes. You do have it.