PDA

View Full Version : Official Austin Rivers Bandwagon

LoneyROY7
01-17-2015, 07:35 AM
I'm all in on A-Riv.

The beast that was once the number #1 prospect coming out of high school will soon be awakened.

Father and son headed straight to the 'ship. :rockon:

Hop on...if you have the stones.

Done_And_Done
01-17-2015, 07:38 AM
I appreciate your optimism bro. Hopefully this kid finally comes around under his old man's wing.

Cocaine80s
01-17-2015, 07:42 AM
In.

LoneyROY7
01-17-2015, 07:44 AM
In.

:applause:

GreatHILL
01-17-2015, 07:45 AM
im on Reggie Bullock bandwagon now!!! Austin Rivers is garbage :oldlol:

BlackWhiteGreen
01-17-2015, 07:50 AM
I literally could not be further away from it.

Real Men Wear Green
01-17-2015, 07:50 AM
I hate to say this because he did great things in Boston but trading for his son is going to get Doc fired. Balmer should have at least took away his GM powers when Rivers first ran the idea by him. If they don't at least make the Western Finals he shouldn't have job security, not after trading assets for his proven bust son.

LoneyROY7
01-17-2015, 07:53 AM
I hate to say this because he did great things in Boston but trading for his son is going to get Doc fired. Balmer should have at least took away his GM powers when Rivers first ran the idea by him. If they don't at least make the Western Finals he shouldn't have job security, not after trading assets for his proven bust son.

http://i.imgur.com/9c135pi.gif

notatop29pg
01-17-2015, 08:06 AM
I give it 10 airballed corner 3's and 20 weird looking half floaters/half shotput/layup bricks before you are off the bandwagon :)

So about 10 games.

kurple
01-17-2015, 08:30 AM
how bout waiting to see how his son does first?

and its not like LAC had any real assets to trade either

LoneyROY7
01-17-2015, 08:31 AM
I give it 10 airballed corner 3's and 20 weird looking half floaters/half shotput/layup bricks before you are off the bandwagon :)

So about 10 games.

Already shook off the two airballs he put up yesterday like nothing. :lol

Real Men Wear Green
01-17-2015, 09:06 AM

It's just too flagrant an abuse of power. There's no justification for acquiring Austin Rivers. He's a bad player. This is obviously Doc trying to save his son's career, and as GM that's not Doc's job. The GM is supposed to be working to improve the roster either short or long-term. This deal did neither. It was only done because he wanted to help his son. I can understand him wanting to do that but that's not the right way to do his job.

senelcoolidge
01-17-2015, 09:39 AM
Already shook off the two airballs he put up yesterday like nothing. :lol

Two airballs and I think he was blocked once. They tried to put him in the rotation in New Orleans and he kept playing himself out of the rotation. Lil' Doc is not a rotation player. He's awful. At least he put effort on defense, even though his man was still scoring on him relentlessly.

ImKobe
01-17-2015, 09:42 AM
Rivers gonna get fired soon if they don't make it past the 2nd round this year and the next...

GM Rivers got rid of Bledsoe, and all he has to show for it is JJ Reddick and now his son, who's been a scrub so far?

This move does nothing to solve their problems. Their bench is still garbage. They needed a perimeter defender and they got Rivers!?

DukeDelonte13
01-17-2015, 09:47 AM
It's just too flagrant an abuse of power. There's no justification for acquiring Austin Rivers. He's a bad player. This is obviously Doc trying to save his son's career, and as GM that's not Doc's job. The GM is supposed to be working to improve the roster either short or long-term. This deal did neither. It was only done because he wanted to help his son. I can understand him wanting to do that but that's not the right way to do his job.

well said.

Major conflict of interest here. I'd be salty if I was a clips fan. Austin was a fun player to watch at Duke but he just doesn't strike me as good enough to be in the NBA. A little too slow, not a good enough shooter, not strong enough, etc.

I used to think he would eventually come around but i'm just not really seeing it. I think he can have a great career playing pro bball somewhere other than the NBA.

JohnFreeman
01-17-2015, 09:47 AM
Rivers can get fired and still have 5 years of amazing money coming in

ImKobe
01-17-2015, 09:53 AM
well said.

Major conflict of interest here. I'd be salty if I was a clips fan. Austin was a fun player to watch at Duke but he just doesn't strike me as good enough to be in the NBA. A little too slow, not a good enough shooter, not strong enough, etc.

I used to think he would eventually come around but i'm just not really seeing it. I think he can have a great career playing pro bball somewhere other than the NBA.

Dude can't shoot the 3 and he can't play defense.

Doc has to be doing this on purpose to get the FO to fire him so he can collect his money while not doing a thing.

chocolatethunder
01-17-2015, 11:10 AM

If you've warched any NO games you would already know the answer to that question. He's pathetic. Can't shoot or defend or do much of anything. They gave him time down there and he did nothing with it.

AirFederer
01-17-2015, 11:14 AM
I don't like his And 1 style. No bbiq. Terrible move by Doc :facepalm

BasedTom
01-17-2015, 11:44 AM
I'm afraid I've got some bad news...

ralph_i_el
01-17-2015, 01:47 PM
The biggest impact Rivers has had on a basketball court so far is when he accidentally gave Anthony Davis a concussion as a rookie.

He's so ****ing bad. He's too small to be a SG, and not a good enough shooter. He doesn't have the pointguard mindset, and his off hand is terrible. Average athleticism.

Maybe if he can develop a good 3 point shot he could stay in the NBA as an end of the bench guy :confusedshrug:

Fiasco
01-17-2015, 02:05 PM
0-4 on the night and a net total of -18 in the 5 minutes he played.

No allowance for you, Austin!

russwest0
01-17-2015, 02:19 PM
https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/217790007505727488

He's still got that starpower doe

FKAri
01-17-2015, 02:24 PM
Would rather have Jeremy Lin

navy
01-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Steve Balmer obviously didnt mind.

LoneyROY7
01-17-2015, 02:36 PM
#Rivers4MVP campaign begins tonight against the Kings.

Pepper your angus Sacramento.