PDA

View Full Version : GOATbrook vs The Answer--who you got?

sportjames23
01-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Well?

Mr.Kite
01-17-2015, 08:45 PM
AI

L.Kizzle
01-17-2015, 08:46 PM
Answer Iverson

JohnFreeman
01-17-2015, 08:57 PM
Iverson

Ariza4three
01-17-2015, 08:58 PM
Current Westbrook is better than AI has ever been

Nash
01-17-2015, 09:02 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

miggyme1
01-17-2015, 09:05 PM

im all for people expressing their opinions even dumb ones like this but cmon....u cant believe that in your heart of hearts. westbrook isnt even a finished product and he better than iverson has ever been? LMAO

CasterL
01-17-2015, 09:16 PM
How soon they forget. Ai was a better player than westbrook.

Spurs5Rings2014
01-17-2015, 09:19 PM
Can't judge. Westbrook doesn't have his own team. If he did, I have no doubt he could put up A.I. numbers. I.E., win some scoring championships/an MVP shooting at a 40% clip.

LoneyROY7
01-17-2015, 09:26 PM
The answer is The Answer.

Shih508
01-17-2015, 09:32 PM
Can't judge. Westbrook doesn't have his own team. If he did, I have no doubt he could put up A.I. numbers. I.E., win some scoring championships/an MVP shooting at a 40% clip.

AI will be 35 ppg while shooting 45% in today's rule. And he'll be unstoppable come playoff time since team can no longer grab and hold him while he's playing off ball!

Today's rule is so favor small wing player and AI's best of them!

Ariza4three
01-17-2015, 09:36 PM
AI will be 35 ppg while shooting 45% in today's rule. And he'll be unstoppable come playoff time since team can no longer grab and hold him while he's playing off ball!

Today's rule is so favor small wing player and AI's best of them!
Stop.

Shih508
01-17-2015, 09:38 PM
Stop.

If Westbrick is only shooting 43.3% for his career playing with Durant, he wouldn't shoot better than 40% when he's focal point of defense night in and night out even in today's rule.

AI had 33ppg 45% season past his prime with new rule, why wouldn't he have 35ppg 45%fg through 2000-2004? Easily bro

L.Kizzle
01-17-2015, 09:39 PM
Stop.
He avg 33 points at 30 years old, past his prime.

Ariza4three
01-17-2015, 09:40 PM
If Westbrick is only shooting 43.3% for his career playing with Durant, he wouldn't shoot better than 40% when he's focal point of defense night in and night out even in today's rule.

AI had 33ppg 45% season past his prime with new rule, why wouldn't he have 35ppg 45%fg through 2000-2004? Easily bro
Because people actually play defense now. Sorry bud

Spurs5Rings2014
01-17-2015, 09:41 PM
He avg 33 points at 30 years old, past his prime.

How is 30 past your prime? Isn't that what all the Bran stans are arguing right now?

:facepalm

L.Kizzle
01-17-2015, 09:43 PM
How is 30 past your prime? Isn't that what all the Bran stans are arguing right now?

Does it look like a give a shit about a Bran stan?

Because he peaked early on, with is style of play.
99-2002 AI was at his best.
He was out of the league four years later at age 34.

Shih508
01-17-2015, 09:45 PM

Because losing half a step is more vital to player like AI than player like Kobe or Lebron. He has no size to make up for it

Shih508
01-17-2015, 09:47 PM

Find a league wide average to backup that statement!

SHAQisGOAT
01-17-2015, 09:50 PM
Ignorant little kids running rampant :facepalm

Kblaze8855
01-17-2015, 09:51 PM
Iverson was past his best at 30. Of what relevance is it if anyone else is or isnt?

The worst month he had that year he put up 31/7/3. He put up 34 a game for 3 months. 34 and 8 one month...16 games. Once they changed the rules and let guards run wild he and a lot of others looked better than usual. Prime...peak athletic ability Iverson? He couldnt be stopped the way they call games now. He would take 12 FTs a game. Hell he already did it one of those years.

We would be on here seeing hate topics as AI had his 3rd 20FT night of the week. James Harden style willingness to draw fouls....but much quicker...a better slasher...and much smaller so contact seems worse?

Dude might take 30 FTs one game. I think he got around 25 a couple times back in the day....

We would see some 9-24 23-28 from the line 42 point nights if you had a coach turn him loose with these rules.

Usually in these things someone goes into shooting percentages...but he and Westbrook both shoot about 43% for their careers with a couple years of 45-46. And AI never played with anyone better than him till he was well past his best days.

I suppose you could use that both ways though. Westbrook never had a team that would ask him to shoot it 25 times a night. Some of those Philly teams were profoundly untalented on offense. Aaron Mckie was ok...

He cant be your second best scoring option...by a lot.

Shih508
01-17-2015, 09:53 PM
Iverson was past his best at 30. Of what relevance is it if anyone else is or isnt?

The worst month he had that year he put up 31/7/3. He put up 34 a game for 3 months. 34 and 8 one month...16 games. Once they changed the rules and let guards run wild he and a lot of others looked better than usual. Prime...peak athletic ability Iverson? He couldnt be stopped the way they call games now. He would take 12 FTs a game. Hell he already did it one of those years.

We would be on here seeing hate topics as AI had his 3rd 20FT night of the week. James Harden style willingness to draw fouls....but much quicker...a better slasher...and much smaller so contact seems worse?

Dude might take 30 FTs one game. I think he got around 25 a couple times back in the day....

We would see some 9-24 23-28 from the line 42 point nights if you had a coach turn him loose with these rules.

Just think AI as Westbrook's atheletic ability + James Harder's drawing foul ability + MJ's heart all in one package that can give u 42min a night. Not some 33-34min a night superstar in today's league

They used to call him 6 ft MJ for a reason

ArbitraryWater
01-17-2015, 09:58 PM

God you're dumb.

Shih508
01-17-2015, 09:58 PM
Players like Westbrook will be seen every 3-5 years span. Player like AI is a once a lifetime thing, sorry if you have missed it.

WWRWestbrookDo?
01-17-2015, 10:16 PM
Goatbrook is the best player EVER

WWRWestbrookDo?
01-17-2015, 10:18 PM
Players like Westbrook will be seen every 3-5 years span. Player like AI is a once a lifetime thing, sorry if you have missed it.

please tell me when have you seen another westbrook in the last 5 years.

Milbuck
01-17-2015, 10:26 PM
Name me 5 point guards in NBA history with the same combination of physical dominance, toughness, and tenacity of Westbrook. The dude is a basketball freak, both physically and mentally, the likes of which we've only seen a handful of times and perhaps never at his position.

Westbrook has the luxury of team success, by playing next to one of the best players ever...but it has given him a poor reputation because of his style of play and how it may or may not fit next to said teammate. He didn't have Iverson's luxury, which was getting a defensive, rebounding oriented team that let him control everything on offense the way he wanted to. You give Westbrook an elite defensive, rebounding, tough-minded, hard working supporting cast with an ATG coach, and let him do whatever the **** he wants to on offense...and he's putting up numbers and leading his team to wins, pushing for the MVP.

Iverson was better..but Westbrook isn't just some typical all-star that you see all the time.

Shih508
01-17-2015, 10:44 PM
please tell me when have you seen another westbrook in the last 5 years.

for the past 10 years we saw D-Wade, D-Rose and Westbrook. Trust me more of this type of players will come every 5 year if not less from here on. Next player who's similar to Westbrook more than likely will have higher BBall IQ too.

Let me know when we find another 4 time scoring champ for under 6 ft 160 that can last more than 10 years while dominating the league like AI did

24-Inch_Chrome
01-17-2015, 10:57 PM
for the past 10 years we saw D-Wade, D-Rose and Westbrook. Trust me more of this type of players will come every 5 year if not less from here on. Next player who's similar to Westbrook more than likely will have higher BBall IQ too.

No.

Bay Area Baller
01-17-2015, 10:59 PM
I've got the Situation from Jersey shores better than both....

....at moosing his hair.

Shih508
01-18-2015, 12:22 AM
No.

They are better? At least in term of accomplishment, Wade & Rose > Westbrick. Not saying they are better, they've accomplished more up to this point.

Angel Face
01-18-2015, 12:23 AM
AI.

ImKobe
01-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Westbrook easily because he's a positive on defense and shares the ball more

AI was the better scorer, but Westbrook does everything else better.

Fowl
01-18-2015, 09:25 AM
I'd take Iverson over Durant starting a franchise.

jzek
01-18-2015, 10:09 AM
The one who took his team to the Finals single-handedly.

AI + KD would result in a championship every year.

Leroy Jetson
01-18-2015, 10:17 AM
The Answer, no question.

smoovegittar
01-18-2015, 10:29 AM
Iverson all day, everyday. That's not taking ANYTHING from Westbrook, who's pretty much a highlight reel every game.

gin17
01-18-2015, 11:16 AM
If prime AI was in this okc team the past 3-4 yrs, he'd probably have at least 1 ring by now

Mr Exlax
01-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Give me WB. You guys are so caught up in nostalgia. WB would work AI over. Size, strength and athletic ability. AI would be quicker but not by a ton. Neither can shoot worth a shit. Oh and WB would just back down AI every time.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-18-2015, 11:26 AM
They are better? At least in term of accomplishment, Wade & Rose > Westbrick. Not saying they are better, they've accomplished more up to this point.

But we're not talking exclusively about accomplishment. Neither Wade or Rose was the same mix of athleticism, physical dominance, and pure determination to win that Westbrook has. Obviously Wade and D-Rose are more accomplished players at this point in their career but I don't think that either has or had the same tools that Westbrook can utilize.

Now, it'll take some more time as Westbrook develops for us to determine whether or not he can fully utilize the wide variety of tools that he has on a consistent basis. The mix of freakish athleticism, physical dominance, and mental toughness that he at the very least has access to was not present, at least in my opinion, in Wade or Rose.

Dro
01-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Iverson all the time......Westbrook is nice in today's game.......AI was nicer......

Ariza4three
01-18-2015, 11:29 AM
AI in this era is a slightly quicker Kemba Walker

Shih508
01-18-2015, 11:52 AM
Westbrook easily because he's a positive on defense and shares the ball more

Kobe was the better scorer, but Westbrook does everything else better.

Fixed!

Beastmode88
01-18-2015, 02:06 PM

https://vine.co/v/OjWXqqhQV1l :coleman:

T_L_P
01-18-2015, 02:13 PM
I'd take Iverson over Durant starting a franchise.

:biggums:

RR#9
01-18-2015, 02:16 PM
Gimme AI

bizil
01-18-2015, 04:25 PM
I would roll with AI! AI to me was THE CATALYST for this new breed of PG. Guys who are the size of PG's BUT are score first kind of players. Only difference is Larry Brown moved AI to SG while these guys are staying at PG. If AI was at his peak today, he would be a PG AND the best PG in the world at that! Even in the late 90's to early 2000s, most of the elite PG's were pass first players. Even if some of them had alpha scoring ability to go with it, they looked to pass first.

gin17
01-18-2015, 10:36 PM
Combo of durant and iverson might give me an orgasm. Iverson makes his midrange shot better and makes more space than WB for durant to drop the long bombs

Chrono90
01-18-2015, 10:49 PM
The real question is how many people here even witnessed The Answer play lol

Phantom84
01-18-2015, 10:50 PM
The real question is how many people here even witnessed The Answer play lol

Not OP, if he is really asking current Westbrook vs prime AI. Prime AI was only second to prime Shaq as the best player in the league :lol .

BigMacAttack
01-18-2015, 11:19 PM
Iverson.

sportjames23
01-18-2015, 11:25 PM
Not OP, if he is really asking current Westbrook vs prime AI. Prime AI was only second to prime Shaq as the best player in the league :lol .

Been watching the NBA since 1985. Seen all of A.I.'s career.

I just wanted to see if GOATbrook stacked up against his prototype according to some here.

Prometheus
01-18-2015, 11:38 PM
Westbrook is more intimidating than Iverson, and a much better defensive player. He is nearly as quick, but much bigger, stronger, and more explosive.

That being said, Iverson was way better.

Phantom84
01-18-2015, 11:40 PM
Been watching the NBA since 1985. Seen all of A.I.'s career.

I just wanted to see if GOATbrook stacked up against his prototype according to some here.

Fair enough.

stevieming
01-19-2015, 10:22 AM
AI in this era is a slightly quicker Kemba Walker

I am not a massive AI fan, but that's downright disrespectful to the Answer...
AI scored back to back 40 points as a rookie in 4 straight games...

Rookie = 160 points in 4 games.....

Never mind all his scoring titles....:no:

stevieming
01-19-2015, 10:36 AM
Westbrook is more intimidating than Iverson, and a much better defensive player. He is nearly as quick, but much bigger, stronger, and more explosive.

That being said, Iverson was way better.

AI was pretty damn intimidating to other PGs even with his size.....as they knew AI was going to after it all game and light them up!!

Or cross them up!!

:cheers:

f0und
01-19-2015, 10:43 AM
ive always thought that ai is extremely overrated.

give me GOATbrook

imdaman99
01-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Gimme Westbrook. AI was extremely exciting, but how often would he scowl at the refs when he wasn't even touched?

If you're asking me who the better player is/was? It's AI, but Westbrook does more for the team.

Jlamb47
01-19-2015, 12:10 PM
Allen Iverson > Russell Westbrook

Papaya Petee
01-19-2015, 12:20 PM
But we're not talking exclusively about accomplishment. Neither Wade or Rose was the same mix of athleticism, physical dominance, and pure determination to win that Westbrook has. Obviously Wade and D-Rose are more accomplished players at this point in their career but I don't think that either has or had the same tools that Westbrook can utilize.

Now, it'll take some more time as Westbrook develops for us to determine whether or not he can fully utilize the wide variety of tools that he has on a consistent basis. The mix of freakish athleticism, physical dominance, and mental toughness that he at the very least has access to was not present, at least in my opinion, in Wade or Rose.

First of all, what? No, No, and No. Don't compare Wade to those two because it isn't a comparison.

Going back to the topic. Allen Iverson all day everyday.
People hate on Iverson for his effiency, yet Westbrook is about the same for his career WITH Durant, the difference being Iverson was dropping multiple 30 PPG + seasons, something Westbrook can't dream of. Won an MVP, dragged a bunch of nobodies minus Mutombo to an NBA Finals, where the only reason the 76ers didn't get embarrassed was because of AI. Westbrook would not compete with a young Kobe and Prime Shaq for a series.

Iverson was a better and more capable passer, had more heart, and given his size, produced more than Westbrook.

Westbrook has an edge in rebounding and defense, that's about it. Iverson was that much more of a superior offensive talent.

He battled Prime Kobe, T-Mac, Jordan, Ray Allen, Wade, Carter, LeBron, Carmelo etc. etc. and outplayed them a lot of the times. People only seem to remember how AI left the league, but not how good he was when he played.

chocolatethunder
01-19-2015, 12:40 PM
I am not a massive AI fan, but that's downright disrespectful to the Answer...
AI scored back to back 40 points as a rookie in 4 straight games...

Rookie = 160 points in 4 games.....

Never mind all his scoring titles....:no:
Haha did you see those games? They were pathetic and I don't think that they won any of them. I mean the games consisted of him just jacking up whatever. Hardly his finest moments. You wanna talk about empty stats? That shit was ugly.

These guys are different players. Westbrook is bigger, stronger and almost as fast. Westbrook is a very good defender and AI was a very poor defender. AI gambled a lot in the passing lanes but was crap overall as a defender. AI wasnt a PG and Westbrook is barely one. They're just different players who play different positions. I prefer Iverson.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-19-2015, 08:37 PM
First of all, what? No, No, and No. Don't compare Wade to those two because it isn't a comparison.

For the record, I wasn't the one who created that comparison.

stevieming
01-21-2015, 09:09 AM
Haha did you see those games? They were pathetic and I don't think that they won any of them. I mean the games consisted of him just jacking up whatever. Hardly his finest moments. You wanna talk about empty stats? That shit was ugly.

These guys are different players. Westbrook is bigger, stronger and almost as fast. Westbrook is a very good defender and AI was a very poor defender. AI gambled a lot in the passing lanes but was crap overall as a defender. AI wasnt a PG and Westbrook is barely one. They're just different players who play different positions. I prefer Iverson.

I didn't see those games, but was actually 5 games in a row....

44 point from 16/32
40 points from 12/29
44 points from 16/28
50 points from 17/32
40 points from 15/29

i don't care even if he is chucking it up, that goat level chucking...

and my point wasn't so much about westbrook, more with the guy comparing AI to Kemba! And I am a fan of Kemba Walker...

kurple
01-21-2015, 09:46 AM
Name me 5 point guards in NBA history with the same combination of physical dominance, toughness, and tenacity of Westbrook. The dude is a basketball freak, both physically and mentally, the likes of which we've only seen a handful of times and perhaps never at his position.

Westbrook has the luxury of team success, by playing next to one of the best players ever...but it has given him a poor reputation because of his style of play and how it may or may not fit next to said teammate. He didn't have Iverson's luxury, which was getting a defensive, rebounding oriented team that let him control everything on offense the way he wanted to. You give Westbrook an elite defensive, rebounding, tough-minded, hard working supporting cast with an ATG coach, and let him do whatever the **** he wants to on offense...and he's putting up numbers and leading his team to wins, pushing for the MVP.

Iverson was better..but Westbrook isn't just some typical all-star that you see all the time.

westbrook is just an angry steve francis

Velocirap31
01-21-2015, 10:36 AM
I didn't see those games, but was actually 5 games in a row....

44 point from 16/32
40 points from 12/29
44 points from 16/28
50 points from 17/32
40 points from 15/29

i don't care even if he is chucking it up, that goat level chucking...

and my point wasn't so much about westbrook, more with the guy comparing AI to Kemba! And I am a fan of Kemba Walker...

That's actually some really good efficiency. Not the usual 1 point per shot Kobe type games.

swagga
01-21-2015, 11:44 AM
how is this even a question? ai is miles ahead.

I<3NBA
01-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Westbrook won't even take a game against that Lakers team that AI played.