PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Wiggins having an insane game tonight...

Fudge
01-17-2015, 11:39 PM
22 points
4 rebounds
2 assists
3 blocks
1 steal
3 three pointers
80% FG

With a quarter and a half to go. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Canada stays winning.

FireDavidKahn
01-17-2015, 11:40 PM
Noob Cake will respond in 3....2....

SugarHill
01-17-2015, 11:45 PM
Fake boob

Phantom84
01-17-2015, 11:45 PM
If he didn't go super passive in the second and third, he would have even more points.

FireDavidKahn
01-17-2015, 11:47 PM
If he didn't go super passive in the second and third, he would have even more points.
Wiggins now has 27 points on 10-12 shooting and yet people are still hating on the rookie.:oldlol: :facepalm

Phantom84
01-17-2015, 11:51 PM
Wiggins now has 27 points on 10-12 shooting and yet people are still hating on the rookie.:oldlol: :facepalm

Wtf, I am not hating. I think he is going to be a future superstar, but dude went 6/7 in the first quarter and took like two shots in the second quarter. It is one of those night where he needs to have that Kobe mentality since he was red hot.

LoneyROY7
01-17-2015, 11:53 PM
Wiggins' haters looking pretty damn foolish these days.

beastee
01-17-2015, 11:56 PM
By next year he may be best sg in the league. And we know his defense is always going to be good. I still can't believe cavs didn't at least keep him for a year. At least we have our clear ROY now.

SugarHill
01-17-2015, 11:59 PM
Wiggins' haters looking pretty damn foolish these days.
they went from bust to empty stats lmao

Milbuck
01-18-2015, 12:10 AM
As one of the retards "who didn't buy" the top 5 superstar hype...been very pleasantly surprised. Some switch went off during that Cavs game and now he's matching the expectations. I said he was gonna be a Paul George level player, but he might be better. I still think his ball handling is gonna hold him back from eventually reaching that peak T-Mac, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, KD level..but he's gonna be a sick, sick player.

Angel Face
01-18-2015, 12:11 AM
First 30 point game of his career. We're watching the future superstar develop right in front of our eyes. :applause:

Fudge
01-18-2015, 12:14 AM
30 points
7 rebounds
4 assists
3 blocks
1 steal
4 three pointers

:bowdown:

Collie
01-18-2015, 12:16 AM
He's gonna be averaging 17-18 ppg by the end of the year.

Beastmode88
Cleveland traded their future for someone thats bound to leave next season. Thanks lebron.

LoneyROY7
they went from bust to empty stats lmao

Which will eventually elevate to ringless...

Which will ultimately elevate to alpha/beta debates on subsesquent championship teams. :lol

noob cake
01-18-2015, 12:20 AM
Noob Cake will respond in 3....2....

Unsustainable hot shooting

ArbitraryWater
01-18-2015, 12:21 AM
Cleveland traded their future for someone thats bound to leave next season. Thanks lebron.

You realize how you're the only one still bringing up LeBron?

rent free in your head

Collie
01-18-2015, 12:23 AM
I'm actually more impressed by the glimpses of his all around game. I always thought he was gonna be a good scorer, but wasn't as sold on the other things he did.

tpols
01-18-2015, 12:23 AM
As one of the retards "who didn't buy" the top 5 superstar hype...been very pleasantly surprised. Some switch went off during that Cavs game and now he's matching the expectations. I said he was gonna be a Paul George level player, but he might be better. I still think his ball handling is gonna hold him back from eventually reaching that peak T-Mac, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, KD level..but he's gonna be a sick, sick player.

his off ball scoring and navigational efficiency off the charts doe..

LoneyROY7
01-18-2015, 12:25 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I would suggest investing in one of these:

http://www.camcycle.org.uk/newsletters/10/images/helmet_mirror.jpg

You're gonna need it with all the backtracking you'll be doing over the years.

Jef
01-18-2015, 01:22 AM
Had a nice view for it

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j447/jefrva/AD916A8B-FDD4-42A1-B635-C30B605A3ECA_zpsodrse0au.jpg

Doranku
01-18-2015, 01:26 AM
:roll: Wiggins is gonna end up having a better year than Love as a rookie. Hilarious.

bdreason
01-18-2015, 01:29 AM
Better HS player than Love. Better College player than Love. Probably gonna be a better NBA player than Love.

I actually like Kevin Love, but people have been blinded by the stats he put up on a losing team.

Milbuck
01-18-2015, 01:45 AM
his off ball scoring and navigational efficiency off the charts doe..
Impressive as hell. But his off-ball passing leaves a lot to be desired...

Smook A.
01-18-2015, 03:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3B9lu0k.jpg

JtotheIzzo
01-18-2015, 03:52 AM

agreed, it'd be much better if he shot 45% then it would seem more realistic.

:roll:

f*ckin idiot

Inferno
01-18-2015, 04:00 AM
agreed, it'd be much better if he shot 45% then it would seem more realistic.

f*ckin idiot

To be fair he is averaging an unsustainable 55% 3PT shooting over the past 5

But to be fair again he's only taken like 6 3's

JtotheIzzo
01-18-2015, 04:03 AM
To be fair he is averaging an unsustainable 55% 3PT shooting over the past 5

But to be fair again he's only taken like 6 3's

players run hot and cold, Wiggins 3 point shooting was never bad, so holding this up as a complete fluke is foolish. There are peaks and valleys, but this kid's valleys aren't as low as people thought, he is a very good shooter.

Cocaine80s
01-18-2015, 04:04 AM
Also could use some improvement on his off-ball ball handling

keep-itreal
01-18-2015, 04:05 AM
poor man's Kawhi Leonard

CarlosBoozer
01-18-2015, 04:13 AM
Full Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlFCVvECDe0

His j is money

StephHamann
01-18-2015, 04:20 AM
Cleveland ****ed up in epic proportion

ImKobe
01-18-2015, 04:59 AM
And my prediction is coming true...

dude is playing like 2013 Paul George and he's only 19....

This guy has so much potential and following him in College, I knew he was a high character guy that works hard and would be great in the league. Some guys just have "it".

He's going to end up averaging 17/6/3 on about 45/38/75 shooting, he'll really break out in a couple years.

Dave3
01-18-2015, 06:16 AM
And my prediction is coming true...

dude is playing like 2013 Paul George and he's only 19....

This guy has so much potential and following him in College, I knew he was a high character guy that works hard and would be great in the league. Some guys just have "it".

He's going to end up averaging 17/6/3 on about 45/38/75 shooting, he'll really break out in a couple years.
As a guy who actually watched him in college, you're definitely exaggerating the "it" factor. Yeah, he absolutely showed flashes (the 41 point game, the hot 3 point shooting late in the second half against Florida to almost single handedly make the come back) but he also showed ridiculous inconsistency. Almost every good game he had, was followed up by a single digit scoring performance. He showed flashes of having "it" but he definitely didn't show it back in Kansas.

Even earlier in this season (leading up to the Cavs game) he was wildly inconsistent. His recent consistency has been a little out of nowhere. I expected to eventually happen, but definitely not this early.

ImKobe
01-18-2015, 06:38 AM
As a guy who actually watched him in college, you're definitely exaggerating the "it" factor. Yeah, he absolutely showed flashes (the 41 point game, the hot 3 point shooting late in the second half against Florida to almost single handedly make the come back) but he also showed ridiculous inconsistency. Almost every good game he had, was followed up by a single digit scoring performance. He showed flashes of having "it" but he definitely didn't show it back in Kansas.

Even earlier in this season (leading up to the Cavs game) he was wildly inconsistent. His recent consistency has been a little out of nowhere. I expected to eventually happen, but definitely not this early.

I watched damn near every College game he played for Kansas and he showed the potential in stretches, the problem was that he looked too "passive" and didn't score enough, but when he went up against Jabari and crushed him in crunch time on both ends, I knew he would be a solid player in the league. He just wasn't aggressive enough in College and the system didn't do his game justice.

He averaged 17/6/2 on 45/34/76 shooting, and people considered his season a "disappointment"... I knew he'd look better when being set up by actual NBA players. He's learning to use his athleticism now and the game is already slowing down for him.

But your post is basically validating my point. I didn't say he looked great all year playing for Kansas, but those moments he had led me to believe he would have "it". If you dug up some of my old posts from last year, I believe I said the same things back then... You said he showed flashes of having "it", but not in Kansas?? What? He definitely showed he had "it" in multiple games that year, that 41 pt game is a really good example. Dude has that killer instinct and he had that off ball game going for him last year as well.

It's still too early to tell how good he'll be or if he'll "live up" to those ridiculous Lebron/T-Mac comparisons people were throwing out back in his HS days...but at worst he'll be a Jimmy Butler or a Kawhi Leonard type player with better range and athleticism. But if he improves his dribble and playmaking skills, watch out.

Dave3
01-18-2015, 06:46 AM
I watched damn near every College game he played for Kansas and he showed the potential in stretches, the problem was that he looked too "passive" and didn't score enough, but when he went up against Jabari and crushed him in crunch time on both ends, I knew he would be a solid player in the league. He just wasn't aggressive enough in College and the system didn't do his game justice.

He averaged 17/6/2 on 45/34/76 shooting, and people considered his season a "disappointment"... I knew he'd look better when being set up by actual NBA players. He's learning to use his athleticism now and the game is already slowing down for him.

But your post is basically validating my point. I didn't say he looked great all year playing for Kansas, but those moments he had led me to believe he would have "it". If you dug up some of my old posts from last year, I believe I said the same things back then... You said he showed flashes of having "it", but not in Kansas?? What? He definitely showed he had "it" in multiple games that year, that 41 pt game is a really good example. Dude has that killer instinct and he had that off ball game going for him last year as well.

It's still too early to tell how good he'll be or if he'll "live up" to those ridiculous Lebron/T-Mac comparisons people were throwing out back in his HS days...but at worst he'll be a Jimmy Butler or a Kawhi Leonard type player with better range and athleticism. But if he improves his dribble and playmaking skills, watch out.
So we agree on what we saw lol - good and shows flashes but inconsistent. I think where we disagree was you're saying those flashes showed he had "it" whereas I thought those flashes showed he could one day down the line, but not yet.

ImKobe
01-18-2015, 06:53 AM
So we agree on what we saw lol - good and shows flashes but inconsistent. I think where we disagree was you're saying those flashes showed he had "it" whereas I thought those flashes showed he could one day down the line, but not yet.

Well I think we both agree that he's going to be a good player in this league. Of course it's way too early to say that he'll be an all-time great or any of that nonsense, but right now he sure is showing his potential.

bigt
01-18-2015, 09:32 AM

His inability to defend opposing guards while on the bench is going to seriously hold him back

La Frescobaldi
01-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Had a nice view for it

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j447/jefrva/AD916A8B-FDD4-42A1-B635-C30B605A3ECA_zpsodrse0au.jpg

Man with that 22 he looks like Elgin Baylor from the back. Same build, same slant when he walks..... just a shade taller, maybe an inch or two.

Here's hoping AW reaches the heights like that old #22 !!

Collie
01-18-2015, 10:16 AM
The thing with Wiggins is that he was absolutely, undeniably putrid during the first 1/12 months of the season. We're talking historically, Austin Rivers type bad. He had a PER of around 7-8 at one point. TS of around 48%.

Right now, he's at 13 PER, 51% TS. So an improvement of 5-6 points of PER and 3% TS in about a month. I don't know about you guys, but I find that pretty amazing for a raw 19 year old rookie. In fact, taking his last 10 games into account (a small sample size, but not so small as to be an outlier due to different reasons), he has had a TS% of 59 and a PER of 20.5.

veilside23
01-18-2015, 10:35 AM
I knew i didnt make a mistake taking him my 3rd pick on my fantasy draft. pick#34 is very well worth it :)