PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers blatant tanking is pretty insulting to fans

konex
01-18-2015, 01:02 AM
As of now, Lakers are listing both Kobe Bryant (rest) & Ronnie Price (right elbow) as doubtful for Monday's game in Phoenix.

Him sitting on B2Bs is one thing (still BS IMO) but being unable to play after resting since Thursday is a slap in the face to anyone who bought tickets to that game. It's pretty shameful and Adam Silver has to step in here.

Before anyone brings up the Spurs precedent, no one cares if Duncan doesn't play cos no one goes to games just to watch him...

navy
01-18-2015, 01:03 AM
Draft picks.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-18-2015, 01:05 AM
If Kobe still yearns for another title, they need to ship him out ASAP (to a playoff contender preferably). Management wasting this guy's last years away despite dude clearly having some game left.

navy
01-18-2015, 01:06 AM
If Kobe still yearns for another title, they need to ship him out ASAP (to a playoff contender preferably). Management wasting this guy's last years away despite dude clearly having some game left.
Seen his contract?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-18-2015, 01:13 AM
Seen his contract?
24$ million that includes next season is pretty steep. No doubt. But I could see a team in win-now mode wanting a highly skilled, experienced, and ultimate asset. Kobe could help multiple contenders out there right now.

COnDEMnED
01-18-2015, 01:14 AM
I'm not insulted, this is the right thing to do. You need to rebuild through the draft now. This is a golden opportunity.

JT123
01-18-2015, 01:26 AM
Kobe is being a straight up bitch right now. :facepalm
Fans spent their hard earned money to watch him play, yet he is content to just sit on his ass despite having no injuries whatsoever. Pathetic

navy
01-18-2015, 01:29 AM
24$ million that includes next season is pretty steep. No doubt. But I could see a team in win-now mode wanting a highly skilled, experienced, and ultimate asset. Kobe could help multiple contenders out there right now.
Name 1.

Heavincent
01-18-2015, 01:30 AM
Why would you buy tickets when everyone knew they would be bad this year? They were literally built to tank...bunch of mercenaries and career journey men on one year deals.

Kobe played the first few months to give the fans a little excitement. Now the show's over and it's time to get down to tanking business.

Doranku
01-18-2015, 01:34 AM
Yeah I don't really get it. What is Kobe "resting"' for, exactly? The Lakers are going to be just as awful next year as they are this year even if they get to keep their pick.

If you're going to sit every other game and still have 3-19 games, just f*cking retire man. It's depressing to watch as a fan.

Pushxx
01-18-2015, 01:34 AM
The Lakers give zero ****s.

JT123
01-18-2015, 01:35 AM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

Shih508
01-18-2015, 01:39 AM

No contending team wants a cancer like Kobe tbh. Especially for 24m for this and next season. You can find a 10-15m a year guy who can contribute better than Kobe

konex
01-18-2015, 01:39 AM
Why would you buy tickets when everyone knew they would be bad this year?

To see Kobe. The 2005 and 2006 seasons were terrible but Kobe made every game interesting. This is why this stinks so much. It's one thing to watch a bad team but fans didn't sign up for a bad team that's also boring...

COnDEMnED
01-18-2015, 01:41 AM
Kobe is being a straight up bitch right now. :facepalm
Fans spent their hard earned money to watch him play, yet he is content to just sit on his ass despite having no injuries whatsoever. Pathetic
Jameer, I'm not sure you understand how structure works, but players play, coaches coach, and management makes decisions with feedback and input from the coach. The Lakers management are trying to "preserve" Kobe for a hail Mary next year. Kobe's response to this has been revealed to be "I'll do what management wants". But you already knew that, didn't you, you little tyke..It's not about injuries, it's about draft picks and the future of the organization. Fans are just gonna have to suck it up for another year and understand this is what's best for them.

AintNoSunshine
01-18-2015, 01:43 AM

You are dumb as fukk if you really believe that. You wanna take him on the Thunder?

Shih508
01-18-2015, 01:44 AM
Jameer, I'm not sure you understand how structure works, but players play, coaches coach, and management makes decisions with feedback and input from the coach. The Lakers management are trying to "preserve" Kobe for a hail Mary next year. Kobe's response to this has been revealed to be "I'll do what management wants". But you already knew that, didn't you, you little tyke..It's not about injuries, it's about draft picks and the future of the organization. Fans are just gonna have to suck it up for another year and understand this is what's best for them.

In the other word, Lakers is doing what Sixers doing? Must be proud of your team if you are a life long Lakers fan.

Doranku
01-18-2015, 01:44 AM
LeBron was being a straight up bitch for the last two weeks. :facepalm
Fans spent their hard earned money to watch him play, yet he was content to just sit on his ass and go to OSU games despite having no injuries whatsoever. Pathetic

fixt

Heavincent
01-18-2015, 01:47 AM
To see Kobe. The 2005 and 2006 seasons were terrible but Kobe made every game interesting. This is why this stinks so much. It's one thing to watch a bad team but fans didn't sign up for a bad team that's also boring...

The Lakers made the playoffs in 06. How is that terrible? 05 wasn't a designed tanking year...things just kind of went wrong that season.

This year? Tank wars from the beginning. They lose their pick if it's not top 5, so they need to start sucking more. They were just a run of the mill 25 win team with Kobe...they need to stoop down to Knicks level of bad.

Tank wars are intense this year. Boston, Philly, NY, and now L.A are in full on tank mode.

COnDEMnED
01-18-2015, 01:48 AM
In the other word, Lakers is doing what Sixers doing? Must be proud of your team if you are a life long Lakers fan.
On a smaller scale, yes. I have much to be proud of, of this Lakers organization. Can the Sixers say the same?

JT123
01-18-2015, 01:51 AM
First of all, I'm not Jameer. Secondly, since when does Kobe listen to management, or anyone else for that matter? :biggums:
Kobe is the guy who the greatest coach in the history of sports called uncoachable! Phil said "Kobe won't listen to anyone." But now I'm supposed to believe that Kobe is a good little yes man who does whatever he's told? :facepalm At least this exposes another Kobe myth, the one about his competitive fire being unmatched by any player in NBA history. Kobe realizes he is no longer a top player in the NBA and is quitting on his team and fans. But go ahead and keep blindly supporting this coward if you must. :sleeping

COnDEMnED
01-18-2015, 01:58 AM
I think this is the second time I've had to ask this. Are you stealing thread topics from other Lakers forums?
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=171944

navy
01-18-2015, 02:00 AM
I think this is the second time I've had to ask this. Are you stealing thread topics from other Lakers forums?
Same person maybe

COnDEMnED
01-18-2015, 02:06 AM
First of all, I'm not Jameer. Secondly, since when does Kobe listen to management, or anyone else for that matter? :biggums:
Kobe is the guy who the greatest coach in the history of sports called uncoachable! Phil said "Kobe won't listen to anyone." But now I'm supposed to believe that Kobe is a good little yes man who does whatever he's told? :facepalm At least this exposes another Kobe myth, the one about his competitive fire being unmatched by any player in NBA history. Kobe realizes he is no longer a top player in the NBA and is quitting on his team and fans. But go ahead and keep blindly supporting this coward if you must. :sleeping
Whoah...must be a real eye opener for you to be compared to Jameer then, huh? Something like that would make me change my ways, wouldn't you think? As far as the rest of your post. I don't give a shit about Kobe myths, or Kobe for that matter. One would think my stance on losing as many games as possible would be an indication of that. If it hasn't, let me make it clear. I don't care about Kobe, his myths, his work ethic, where he ranks all time, or his competitive fire. I care about the Lakers winning another championship, whomever that may be with. Talking bad about Kobe doesn't phase me, I'm on another level than what your used to dealing with.

Batz
01-18-2015, 02:09 AM
Without Phil why even try?

Mr Feeny
01-18-2015, 03:28 AM
Whoah...must be a real eye opener for you to be compared to Jameer then, huh? Something like that would make me change my ways, wouldn't you think? As far as the rest of your post. I don't give a shit about Kobe myths, or Kobe for that matter. One would think my stance on losing as many games as possible would be an indication of that. If it hasn't, let me make it clear. I don't care about Kobe, his myths, his work ethic, where he ranks all time, or his competitive fire. I care about the Lakers winning another championship, whomever that may be with. Talking bad about Kobe doesn't phase me, I'm on another level than what your used to dealing with.

Why would he give a crap that you confused him with Jameer? Change his ways? Are you on a windup? Get the f out of here.:biggums:

konex
01-18-2015, 03:53 AM

I answered you the first time. Go look up that thread

Mr. Jabbar
01-18-2015, 04:21 AM
Before anyone brings up the Spurs precedent, no one cares if Duncan doesn't play cos no one goes to games just to watch him...

True.

Bosnian Sajo
01-18-2015, 04:45 AM
Next year is gonna be very very interesting if we keep the top 5 pick. That pick, let's say hypothetically the lottery pans out for us and we get the third pick; him, Randle, and hopefully a top free agent like Marc Gasol (long shot, but I'm saying that caliber), we should be a pretty solid team in the west. Isn't the new cap starting this summer? Kobe's 24m might not even be THAT bad next season, who knows.

Bosnian Sajo
01-18-2015, 04:47 AM
And don't you guys understand that the team tried to be relevant at the beginning of the season? It didn't work out, why risk getting the 6th pick and having it go to PHX. Colossal waste of a season, this way at LEAST we're getting something out of it.

navy
01-18-2015, 05:16 AM
Next year is gonna be very very interesting if we keep the top 5 pick. That pick, let's say hypothetically the lottery pans out for us and we get the third pick; him, Randle, and hopefully a top free agent like Marc Gasol (long shot, but I'm saying that caliber), we should be a pretty solid team in the west. Isn't the new cap starting this summer? Kobe's 24m might not even be THAT bad next season, who knows.
Why do people act like rookies are useful? 19-20 years olds suck.

T_L_P
01-18-2015, 05:20 AM
True.

:coleman:

AirFederer
01-18-2015, 06:29 AM
Yeah they would pay him to play for other contenders. Kobe is a massive negative.

COnDEMnED
01-18-2015, 06:38 AM
Why do people act like rookies are useful? 19-20 years olds suck.
It's not about winning a championship right away next year, you know that. It's about getting 2, possibly 3 cornerstones to build around on rookie contracts, then going after big fish in 2016 and 2017 with cap space. That pick, Randle, and Clarkson is more appealing than Randle and Clarkson. Every little bit helps.

Asiantastic
01-18-2015, 06:57 AM
Him sitting on B2Bs is one thing (still BS IMO) but being unable to play after resting since Thursday is a slap in the face to anyone who bought tickets to that game. It's pretty shameful and Adam Silver has to step in here.

:kobe:

Are you Kobe2Clark on Lakersground? http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=171944

dunksby
01-18-2015, 07:48 AM
05 and 06? Kobe was spectacular then and it didn't matter where the Lakers were in the standings or who was playing with him . You can't be serious comparing that Kobe to this one.

IMObjective
01-18-2015, 07:54 AM
:kobe:

Are you Kobe2Clark on Lakersground? http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=171944
Oh damn, I thought it was going to be similar, not word for word, lol. It's gotta be the same person, hopefully.

Sakkreth
01-18-2015, 09:09 AM
If they were tanking they would play Kobe.