PDA

View Full Version : NY Basketball is cursed

niko
01-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Think on this. The Nets swap picks with the Atlanta Hawks. The Atlanta Hawks. Who (because they are in the East) might wind up with the BEST record in basketball. I've seen this story with the Knicks, how the improbable is probable if it does us dirty. The Nets move to NY and they have the same super power.

If i'm OKC i make the trade for Lopez. Dude probably grows two more legs the week after and becomes a 30-15 player.

smoovegittar
01-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Think on this. The Nets swap picks with the Atlanta Hawks. The Atlanta Hawks. Who (because they are in the East) might wind up with the BEST record in basketball. I've seen this story with the Knicks, how the improbable is probable if it does us dirty. The Nets move to NY and they have the same super power.

If i'm OKC i make the trade for Lopez. Dude probably grows two more legs the week after and becomes a 30-15 player.
OKC gets Lopez, they're a lock.

longtime lurker
01-18-2015, 12:14 PM
NY is not cursed they just have idiotic management. And maybe it goes all the way up to the ownership but they've put themselves in this hole. Which idiot trades a first round pick for Bargnani?

hawkfan
01-18-2015, 01:15 PM
NY is not cursed they just have idiotic management. And maybe it goes all the way up to the ownership but they've put themselves in this hole. Which idiot trades a first round pick for Bargnani?

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/1225/ny_u_james-dolan_mb_1296x729.jpg

niko
01-19-2015, 05:39 PM
The Nets moved to Brooklyn and immediately became the Knicks (save gentler media and fewers fans). They traded all their picks for a quick fix, and sell their fanbase overrated young players and future cap space. They also fire coaches weekly. They;re us, down to our 2010 Lebron blueprint for their 2016 Durant chase. As soon as they came to NY, they became us.

raprap
01-19-2015, 05:54 PM
I like how Phil is trying to right the ship though. NYK should have build through the draft a decade ago.

Brooklyn is fcked for years though. :oldlol:

I<3NBA
01-19-2015, 06:15 PM
i think the sickness comes from having too much money and thinking just blowing it all on a candyshop will make things right. idiotic spending is what makes both NY teams bad.

the advantage of being in a small market is that the owner will fire you if you make a stupid ****ing financial decision. having a cheapskate owner apparently has made some GMs better.

smoovegittar
01-19-2015, 06:37 PM
i think the sickness comes from having too much money and thinking just blowing it all on a candyshop will make things right. idiotic spending is what makes both NY teams bad.

the advantage of being in a small market is that the owner will fire you if you make a stupid ****ing financial decision. having a cheapskate owner apparently has made some GMs better.
I agree with most of this... but don't forget how unforgiving the NY media can be. NY papers troll the Knicks worse that anyone in here... Garden Management could never muster the balls to do what Phil is doing.

red1
01-19-2015, 07:42 PM
the worst management in pro sports history is the main reason for the constant failures

atljonesbro
01-19-2015, 08:42 PM

The hawks have a better win percentage vs the west. How mad are you right now?

niko
01-19-2015, 08:48 PM
The hawks have a better win percentage vs the west. How mad are you right now?
Not at all. Why would i be upset with the Hawks? Plus the Nets get their pick so shit is hilarious. I hope the Hawks are the #1 overall seed.

bluechox2
01-19-2015, 08:50 PM
knicks fans are loyal as ****...crowd cheering like we won the finals

niko
01-19-2015, 08:53 PM
knicks fans are loyal as ****...crowd cheering like we won the finals
You got to have fun at the games or what's the point. Part of the celebration is sarcastic aimed at yourself too.

I used to play baseball and our team had a incredible knack for ****ing up double play ground balls so everytime we did it there was a huge cheer and celebrating.

La Frescobaldi
01-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Of course NYC is cursed, OP.

They sent Walt Frazier to Cleveland.

There can never be enough spite and contumely heaped upon the Knicks for what they did.

Yea, let that city pay the penalty in full, lo, even to the last farthing and gnashing of teeth, and drain their endless cups of tears for decades.

P JAX signed up because he knows he too must bear the pain and suffering if he is ever to re-pay his karma debt.

THEY..... MUST..... PAY!!