PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Wiggins: A Kobe stan's dream

LoneyROY7
01-18-2015, 02:52 PM
So...

Wiggins was traded away because of LeBron :lol, he has a game very reminiscent of young Kobe, and Kobe has already made multiple comments about him seeing himself in Wiggins.

Griff and co. can make a seamless transition once Mamba decides to call it quits for good. :rockon:

christian1923
01-18-2015, 02:54 PM
Yeah but he plays for the wolves :(

russwest0
01-18-2015, 02:58 PM
Impressive that he is keeping his turnovers down at just 2 per game.

He has a chance to be the next Jordan/Durant in terms of being both efficient and dominant.

raprap
01-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Do you guys remember when Kobe stans support Rose in 2011? Then it was Paul George in 2013. Then KD last season. :oldlol:

rhowen4
01-18-2015, 03:02 PM
Let's not make this a stan thing. Everyone who wants to enjoy wiggins play shouldn't have to wonder if it's accepted by their group.

Let's make the Stan cycle end here, with Durant.

Asiantastic
01-18-2015, 03:03 PM
You can be a LeBron fan and still enjoy watching Wiggins develop, grow and reach his potential (All-Time Great). No need to hate. :confusedshrug:

I'm a fan of Kobe, LeBron and Wiggins mind you.

:applause:

LoneyROY7
01-18-2015, 03:04 PM
You can be a LeBron fan and still enjoy watching Wiggins develop, grow and reach his potential (All-Time Great). No need to hate. :confusedshrug:

I'm a fan of Kobe, LeBron and Wiggins mind you.

Bro, are we gonna act like you're not the ONLY person ever on ISH who's truly been a fan of both LeBron and Kobe? :lol

Twiens
01-18-2015, 03:06 PM
Wiggins is the future. It'll be Wiggins vs KD for the crown in a year or two.

LoneyROY7
01-18-2015, 03:07 PM
Wiggins is the future. It'll be Wiggins vs KD for the crown in a year or two.

Anthony Davis? :confusedshrug:

Haymaker
01-18-2015, 03:07 PM

This

Twiens
01-18-2015, 03:09 PM

My bad, also AD.

Dave3
01-18-2015, 03:17 PM
No one who watches Wiggins right now is going to hate on him. The people that hate on him are the ones that will start watching basketball in like 2018 who adopt a different favourite player and thus have to hate on him as a result of that. It's like no one who's actually been watching the NBA since the late 90's actually hates Kobe, but people who started watching in 2006 and liked LeBron do hate Kobe. Very rarely do people hate on a guy they saw from the beginning.

None of the current ISHers will hate him. In a couple years though some kids will start.

ImKobe
01-18-2015, 03:19 PM
No one who watches Wiggins right now is going to hate on him. The people that hate on him are the ones that will start watching basketball in like 2018 who adopt a different favourite player and thus have to hate on him as a result of that. It's like no one who's actually been watching the NBA since the late 90's actually hates Kobe, but people who started watching in 2006 and liked LeBron do hate Kobe. Very rarely do people hate on a guy they saw from the beginning.

None of the current ISHers will hate him. In a couple years though some kids will start.

They already are hating on him though. On other forums, it's gone from "Wiggins is the next Kwame Brown" to "empty stats, team sucks".

Dave3
01-18-2015, 03:22 PM
They already are hating on him though. On other forums, it's gone from "Wiggins is the next Kwame Brown" to "empty stats, team sucks".
I mean that will always be there. I didn't mean literally "no one" because there's always guys that just hate everything in life. I mean like the aggressive haters that follow them into every thread (a la KGriff for LeBron or Jameer for Kobe).

SugarHill
01-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Let's not make this a stan thing. Everyone who wants to enjoy wiggins play shouldn't have to wonder if it's accepted by their group.

Let's make the Stan cycle end here, with Durant.
:oldlol:

SugarHill
01-18-2015, 03:26 PM
I mean that will always be there. I didn't mean literally "no one" because there's always guys that just hate everything in life. I mean like the aggressive haters that follow them into every thread (a la KGriff for LeBron or Jameer for Kobe).

noob cake and queefbelieve for wiggins

Ariza4three
01-18-2015, 03:28 PM
How does Wiggins play like Kobe

Dave3
01-18-2015, 03:29 PM
noob cake and queefbelieve for wiggins
noob cake because he stans Duke, and pleezebelieve...well, he hates on almost literally everything.

chips93
01-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Do you guys remember when Kobe stans support Rose in 2011? Then it was Paul George in 2013. Then KD last season. :oldlol:

http://collegetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/stare.gif

Legends66NBA7
01-18-2015, 03:30 PM
So...

Wiggins was traded away because of LeBron :lol, he has a game very reminiscent of young Kobe, and Kobe has already made multiple comments about him seeing himself in Wiggins.

Griff and co. can make a seamless transition once Mamba decides to call it quits for good. :rockon:

Soap Opera on ISH for another 10+ years I guess.

LoneyROY7
01-18-2015, 03:30 PM
How does Wiggins play like Kobe

Post game, good footwork, smooth jumper, explosive off the dribble.

Dave3
01-18-2015, 03:31 PM
I feel like this kinda belongs here - I said it a couple months ago.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359622

truhooper

:roll:

chips93
Post game, good footwork, smooth jumper, explosive off the dribble.

hes got the length and quickness to harrass people on defense too.

LoneyROY7
01-18-2015, 03:32 PM
hes got the length and quickness to harrass people on defense too.

Yup, didn't even mention the defense.

Practice?
01-18-2015, 08:32 PM
Kobe has already made multiple comments about him seeing himself in Wiggins.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_e4myhNYQ-9w/S-5aKZIOYBI/AAAAAAAAAOg/KEfeCi3OKWc/s1600/kobe-gay.jpg

JtotheIzzo
01-18-2015, 11:46 PM
Things have worked out thus far in the LeBron vs Kobe debate to put Wiggins firmly in the camp of Kobe:

-LeBron ran him out of town
-Kobe compared himself to Wiggins
-LeBron is all about brand building and image, while Wiggins keeps his head down and works hard
-Kobe and Wiggins did/will do the dunk contest, LeBron won't
-LeBron's legacy is forever tainted with the collusion, Wiggins is still unwritten

I am not sure if he is a Kobestan's dream (Kobe fans are down with the Lakeshow) but he is fun to watch and root for.

Velocirap31
01-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Toronto needs to throw everything they have at acquiring him when his rookie deal expires.

f0und
01-19-2015, 10:53 AM
not sure if i agree with op

wiggins doesnt take enough dumb shots and freeze out his teammates. not sure if he will ever be that type of player. seems he will always be at least a moderately smart player. with kobe, you could tell from day one he was gonna be a low iq me first player.

theoneneo
01-19-2015, 10:58 AM
not sure if i agree with op

wiggins doesnt take enough dumb shots and freeze out his teammates. not sure if he will ever be that type of player. seems he will always be at least a moderately smart player. with kobe, you could tell from day one he was gonna be a low iq me first player.

Y'all don't get tired of saying this shit? Low IQ? Really?

Low IQ players don't win 5 championships, maybe you get 1, but 5?

Kobe led the Lakers in assist for all of their championship runs, he doesn't have a low IQ, he just has too much confidence.

To the bushes with that hating shit!