PDA

View Full Version : So far this season, which player has had his most disappointing season of his career?

hawkfan
01-19-2015, 12:03 PM
So far this season, which player has had his most disappointing season of his career?

I'm going with LeBron James.
Put together the team he wanted.
And the team is 21-20.
Cleveland is a half game behind Milwaukee in the East.

Quickening
01-19-2015, 12:09 PM
26, 7.4, 5.5 on 49 percent fg... shows how great someones career has been if thats their most disappointing season

BigTicket
01-19-2015, 12:17 PM
Carmelo has had a much worse season. $120M+ 5 year contract and the Knicks are worse than the Sixers ...

SexSymbol
01-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Carmelo has had a much worse season. $120M+ 5 year contract and the Knicks are worse than the Sixers ...
He's somewhat injured.
I'd say Kawhi, hasn't played that much, but when he did he seemed regressed from last season. And he was supposed to take that leap this year

hawkfan
01-19-2015, 12:19 PM

Hmm.
The only thing is that Melo didn't build up the team around him the way LeBron has.

Papaya Petee
01-19-2015, 12:22 PM
26, 7.4, 5.5 on 49 percent fg... shows how great someones career has been if thats their most disappointing season

Isn't Cleveland like 1-9 without LeBron in the lineup this year?

26\8\6 49% FG 20-11 with him in the lineup. Yeah a horrible year....

People these days.

Richesly
01-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Current Jimmy Butler. Great start, but now he's eh.

I blame Thibs for that though.

Velocirap31
01-19-2015, 12:36 PM
Isn't Cleveland like 1-9 without LeBron in the lineup this year?

26\8\6 49% FG 20-11 with him in the lineup. Yeah a horrible year....

People these days.

This, yet Carmelo is 'somewhat' injured this year as an explanation for the Knicks being the worst team in the league by far.

j3lademaster
01-19-2015, 01:05 PM

I blame Thibs for that though.No wonder Hawks fans get the troll label around here....

KembaWalker
01-19-2015, 01:09 PM

Oh man oh man, you guys crack me up :oldlol:

20ppg for a guy who averaged 8.9 points before this season AND you can tell me with a straight face this has been his most disappointing season, geez you guys are good for a laugh

SamuraiSWISH
01-19-2015, 01:31 PM
The Cavs collectively, but they've taken on many bad characteristics or mannerisms from LeBron's poor attempt at leadership. K. Love being exposed as an overrated stats guy who plays not a single ounce of defense. But he's still quite a talent offensively. There is no reason that team shouldn't be sitting a top the conference.

livingby3's
01-19-2015, 01:39 PM
For me it's Lance Stephenson. I thought him n big Al were gonna be a great one two punch, and that Charlotte was going to be seeded in the East. So wrong

SamuraiSWISH
01-19-2015, 01:44 PM
For me it's Lance Stephenson.
Individually, agree. MJ's poor decisions continue. I get wanting him to get under Bron's skin in a playoff matchup. A big physical guy who is fearless and will go at him. But I knew he had monkey brains, and Lance has totally failed to live up to that contract.

DukeDelonte13
01-19-2015, 01:47 PM
The Cavs collectively, but they've taken on many bad characteristics or mannerisms from LeBron's poor attempt at leadership. K. Love being exposed as an overrated stats guy who plays not a single ounce of defense. But he's still quite a talent offensively. There is no reason that team shouldn't be sitting a top the conference.

this is pretty accurate. I hope they can turn it around and the team has shown some signs of life recently, and Lebron seems to have finally started acknowledging Blatt's coaching.

But you are right. Lebron has been a terrible leader thus far and Love often does more harm than good.

SamuraiSWISH
01-19-2015, 02:14 PM
But you are right. Lebron has been a terrible leader thus far and Love often does more harm than good.
Well, he's looked explosive and showed positive leadership the past few games since he's been back. We'll see how he reacts again when adversity strikes. Something LeBron James has never been great at handling.

Richesly
01-19-2015, 02:15 PM
Oh man oh man, you guys crack me up :oldlol:

20ppg for a guy who averaged 8.9 points before this season AND you can tell me with a straight face this has been his most disappointing season, geez you guys are good for a laugh

What?

I said he had a great start, but now he is averaging 14 points a game over the last 10. I'm not saying he is having a disappointed season, but definitely a disappointing January.

Also, his defense isn't that great anymore, and his shotting percentages are subpar compared to him earlier in the season.

SouBeachTalents
01-19-2015, 02:22 PM
What?

I said he had a great start, but now he is averaging 14 points a game over the last 10. I'm not saying he is having a disappointed season, but definitely a disappointing January.

The thread title is "player with the most disappointing season of their career", you bring up a 10 game stretch from someone currently having their best season :facepalm

DukeDelonte13
01-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Well, he's looked explosive and showed positive leadership the past few games since he's been back. We'll see how he reacts again when adversity strikes. Something LeBron James has never been great at handling.

i think he's starting to respond to all the criticism. His defense has been non-existent. His effort comes and goes in spurts. He's been undermining the coach.

Since he's come back from the injury it's been different, he's way more engaged and he's vocalized his support for the coach, but he's still not doing enough defensively. That's very dangerous when you got two young impressionable stars in Kyrie and Love who are known to be sieves. They need a wake up call, and that isn't going to come from Shawn Marion, Mike Miller, James Jones, or any other Vet not names Lebron James.

gcvbcat
01-19-2015, 02:27 PM
Kobe. His shot is just not falling.

SamuraiSWISH
01-19-2015, 02:30 PM
i think he's starting to respond to all the criticism. His defense has been non-existent. His effort comes and goes in spurts. He's been undermining the coach.
I think on defense he's saving himself for the playoffs. Saving his energy for the playoff push period.

He's by far, and away that team's best individual defender. What's the sense in burning himself out on that end being the team's only capable defender, while also needing to shoulder playmaking duties?

If Kyrie knew how to pass, or Love defended, this wouldn't be an issue. He could exert more effort defensively. I think he'll ramp it up come playoff time. Same way he did in 2013, and 2014 with the Heat.

OnFire
01-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Easy Answer: Its the Same Answer to the Question: Who is going to move out of his Cleveland hotel room the fastest when the season ends:

Kevin Love

Done_And_Done
01-19-2015, 03:12 PM
What?

Also, his defense isn't that great anymore, and his shotting percentages are subpar compared to him earlier in the season.

Either way, you're talking about a guy who has by and large flirted with a 20 ppg average all season. The thread theme is based on the entire season, not a specific sample size of 10 games.

Buckets is a borderline all star, who's having a career season which will earn him considerable MIP recognition at the end of the year. Players go on stretches where they struggle. It happens. Dude doesn't belong anywhere near a most disappointing list...

oarabbus
01-19-2015, 03:50 PM
How is the answer anyone besides Nic Batum?

dunksby
01-19-2015, 03:53 PM
Al Horford :lol

russwest0
01-19-2015, 03:57 PM

it ain't just about the stats boss

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-19-2015, 03:58 PM
What made people believe Lance Stephenson was anything beyond an average player? So far he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's beyond the level of an all-star injury replacement.

lilteapot
01-19-2015, 03:59 PM
He's somewhat injured.
I'd say Kawhi, hasn't played that much, but when he did he seemed regressed from last season. And he was supposed to take that leap this year
What are you talking about? Kawhi was phenomenal in his return game.

Probably Lance Stephenson, depends on what you were expecting from him. I thought he'd continue his solid production from Indiana.

Also Kevin Love

KungFuJoe
01-19-2015, 05:03 PM

:biggums:

KungFuJoe
01-19-2015, 05:06 PM
Love by far I think.

Lin for those who give a shit about him.

Stephenson, too but I never thought he was that good. Vastly overrated.

Lebron...not individual stats wise...but team impact and expectations.

Kobe gets an honorable mention but it's really Byron that is ****ing him over. If I was Kobe I'd want him fired.

Fudge
01-19-2015, 05:25 PM
Blake Griffin.

Legends66NBA7
01-19-2015, 06:03 PM
What made people believe Lance Stephenson was anything beyond an average player? So far he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's beyond the level of an all-star injury replacement.

Because of his 5 triple doubles, swagger, and he blew in LeBron's ear.

Real14
01-19-2015, 06:05 PM
Carmelo.

KNOW1EDGE
01-19-2015, 06:06 PM
Easily Nicolas Batum

But OP just wanted to teoll, I don't think he even wanted anyone to answer genuinely

turret
01-19-2015, 07:33 PM
josh smith

G-train
01-19-2015, 08:01 PM

There is plenty of reasons, and they are obvious.