PDA

View Full Version : Your 10 GOAT standup Comedians of all time?

pauk
01-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Criteria = Guys that just made you chuckle more than anybody. I am not talking about "comedians" (actors), i am talking about STANDUP comedians.

For me its:

1. Steven Wright -

GOAT dry humor and the funniest part is he is exactly like that irl which makes interviews like in Ferguson, Letterman and Conan become the most confusing funny mindblowing awkward interviews ever, according to me he has the fastest/funniest comedic mind ever as he naturally is that funny & that unique, he improvs and mostly because its at my exact acquired taste for humor, very unique guy (and his looks perfectly add to his character lol).... he has been doing this his entire life.

2. Dave Chappelle -

I think he is the evolution/much funnier version of Richard Pryor and made what i think is the funniest show ever, please come back man!!!

3. George Carlin -

Funny and incredibly intelligent, has probably made more quantity of quality standup specials than anybody, the older he got the funnier he got.... seen his last special just a moment before he died of old age? Amazing....

4. Bill Burr -

Love that angry analytical humor he has (and he is exactly like that irl aswell, maybe even funnier irl!), he is like offended by everything lol, any subject becomes funny, i think he is the best standup comedian out there today.

5. Damon Wayans -

Just seen two of his standup specials from late 80s / early 90s and i cant remember the last time i laughed so hard, wow, how can this guy be so undervalued in the standup comedy world?

6. Bill Cosby -

Love how he portrays his subjects with his conversational and kindof self-deprecating style of humor, absolutely hilarious.

7. Louis CK -

He is kindof like Bill Burr, i mean that type of comedy but a different character, arguably as funny or maybe even funnier, he is maybe the best/funniest standup comedian today.

8. Richard Pryor -

The funniest standup pioneer alongside George Carlin, Bill Cosby and Lenny Bruce. But just WAAAAAY to overvalued considering everybody just puts him at #1 randomly without even seeing his specials and comparing to everybody else......

9. Chris Rock -

Just flatout funny... wish he doesnt stop doing standup "because he doesnt have to anymore" going Eddie Murphy on us!

10. Eddie Murphy

Could have been much higher on my list if he made more than just what 2 standup specials? He refuses to do standup. :(

brownmamba00
01-19-2015, 07:27 PM
eddie's RAW>>

L.Kizzle
01-19-2015, 07:28 PM
5. Damon Wayans -

Just seen two of his standup specials from late 80s / early 90s and i cant remember the last time i laughed so hard, wow, how can this guy be so undervalued in the standup comedy world?
:applause:

pauk
01-19-2015, 07:39 PM
:applause:

He has maybe the best physical/acting standup comedy delivery ive seen (Well, Chris Farley, but he is no standup guy), like the part when he portrays sex with his wife, Leon Jackson, OJ Simpson, Magic Johnson & Rodman, Gay Magic Johnson, his son jerking of, ***** size, etc. couldnt hold it in any longer. :oldlol:

What is your top 10 L.Kizzle?

L.Kizzle
01-19-2015, 07:47 PM
He has maybe the best physical/acting standup comedy delivery ive seen (Well, Chris Farley, but he is no standup guy), like the part when he portrays sex with his wife, Leon Jackson, OJ Simpson, Magic Johnson, his son jerking of, ***** size, etc. couldnt hold it in any longer. :oldlol:

What is your top 10 L.Kizzle?
Yes, that special is hilarious. Have you seen his One Night Stand? Or his appearances on Robert Townsend HBO Specials from 87?

Let me put my list together.

One thing to say, Sinbad is funny as hell.

pauk
01-19-2015, 07:52 PM
OMG yes 80s/90s Sinbad! :bowdown: Very clean material aswell.

Martin Lawrence is kindof underrated aswell, i thought his standup in the 90s was hilarious and he was funny in Def Comedy Jam.... his show (Martin) is one of my favorite shows of all time, speaking of physical/acting comedy delivery Dragonfly Jones!! :lol

L.Kizzle
01-19-2015, 08:01 PM
OMG yes 80s/90s Sinbad! :bowdown: Very clean material aswell.

Martin Lawrence is kindof underrated aswell, i thought his standup in the 90s was hilarious and he was funny in Def Comedy Jam.... his show (Martin) is one of my favorite shows of all time, speaking of physical/acting comedy delivery Dragonfly Jones!! :lol
Martins stand up not as great as his TV show.

Now Robin Harris though he only had one special and album and died.

Robin Williams very physical also.

YouTube a cat named Richard & Willie.

~primetime~
01-19-2015, 08:05 PM
Sinbad was awful, Martin was "okay"...Damon Wayans was great at stand up though, definitely agree with that

L.Kizzle
01-19-2015, 08:07 PM
Sinbad was awful, Martin was "okay"...Damon Wayans was great at stand up though, definitely agree with that
Wow Sinbad awful. Tell me you've never seen any of his 5+ specials in the 90s? Even his special a few years ago had me laughing.

~primetime~
01-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Wow Sinbad awful. Tell me you've never seen any of his 5+ specials in the 90s? Even his special a few years ago had me laughing.
I saw 2-3 of his stand ups back in the 90s...couldn't get into it, always felt he was corny

~primetime~
01-19-2015, 08:12 PM
I'm not the authority on comedy or anything, but yall tellin me Damon Wayans is funnier than Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, and Chris rock?
I'd have him ranked below all of those guys...Daman was still very funny though

L.Kizzle
01-19-2015, 08:13 PM
I saw 2-3 of his stand ups back in the 90s...couldn't get into it, always felt he was corny
He's not corny he just doesn't curse. His bits on signs of stroke, ordering at McDonalds all great. Has great timing.

L.Kizzle
01-19-2015, 08:18 PM
I'm not the authority on comedy or anything, but yall tellin me Damon Wayans is funnier than Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, and Chris rock?
Murph is on record saying cats like Damon were one of the reason he stopped doing stand up. Rock said Damon helped him early in his career with his stand up.

I have Damon as 5th greatest black stand up behind those guys and Cosby and Redd Foxx.

SexSymbol
01-19-2015, 08:23 PM
1. Chris Rock
Just the best stand-up comedian of all time. One of the smartest acts out there.
2. Don Rickles
To me the best overall comic of all time. Greatness personified as far as it comes to comedy, great wit, a lot of improvisation and I think he's the fastest comeback line maker of all time.
3. Kevin Hart
I know a lot of people now hate him, because he was universally loved just a year ago. He's an incredible stand up comic, one of the best, just appeals to my style of humour. His shaq all-star special was one of the best things i've ever heard.
4. David Chapelle
"We got five bla... hello?" he got me into watching stand up just from this line, never laughed more in my life.
5. Louis CK
Great, great comedic mind and overall comedian. His stand up is amazing and extremely clever.
6. Zach Galifianakis.
His awkward style makes me laugh so hard. Trully one of the best.
7. Jimmy Carr
Master of dark humour. Great against hecklers, haven't seen too much of his stuff yet, but as much as I've seen, he's amazing
8. Ricky Gervais
I hate his laugh, but love his stand up
9. Bill Burr
I love his stand ups, haven't seen that much yet.
10. Eddie Murphy.
Quality is great, quantinty is terrible

SexSymbol
01-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Maybe we should make a top 10 overall comedians thread? Not just stand up guys

L.Kizzle
01-19-2015, 08:28 PM
Kinison also in my top ten. Possibly Seinfeld also.

~primetime~
01-19-2015, 08:30 PM
Kinison also in my top ten. Possibly Seinfeld also.
:bowdown:

pauk
01-19-2015, 08:31 PM

Its just a personal list, kindof like a "top 10 favorite" if you may, Damon Wayans two specials (One Night Stand & Still standing/The Last stand) made ME laugh more than any special ive seen from Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor or Chris Rock. Have you seen those Damon Wayans specials?

That_Admiral
01-19-2015, 08:49 PM
I'd have him ranked below all of those guys...Daman was still very funny though
are any of damons stand ups on youtube?

L.Kizzle
01-19-2015, 09:06 PM
are any of damons stand ups on youtube?
Still Standing HBO Special (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19jvg2_damon-waynas-still-standing_fun)

ArbitraryWater
01-19-2015, 09:07 PM
Add Hannibal Buress.

Jim Carrey = GOAT at Facial Expressions.

The masters of impression:

Frank Caliendo, Jim Carrey, Kevin Spacey, Rob Magnoti

and a couple of others I won't mention so far

That_Admiral
01-19-2015, 09:14 PM
Still Standing HBO Special (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19jvg2_damon-waynas-still-standing_fun)
thanks man!

That_Admiral
01-19-2015, 09:15 PM
has anyone ever seen any of joe rogan's standups?

JohnFreeman
01-19-2015, 09:19 PM
Kinison?

ThePhantomCreep
01-19-2015, 10:36 PM
Dave Attell deserves a mention. Dude is hysterical.

Draz
01-19-2015, 10:41 PM
Links would be good

brownmamba00
01-19-2015, 11:12 PM
no mention of katt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzXoeTnWvb0

L.Kizzle
01-19-2015, 11:13 PM
no mention of katt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzXoeTnWvb0
Katt N da Hat, hell nawl. Get this one trick pony out of here.

brownmamba00
01-19-2015, 11:21 PM
Katt N da Hat, hell nawl. Get this one trick pony out of here.
katt's pimp chronicles is as funny as anything that's out there tho

artex
01-20-2015, 12:17 AM
Mitch Hedberg

That_Admiral
01-20-2015, 05:27 AM
katt's pimp chronicles is as funny as anything that's out there tho
word. that's one of my favouries, but all his others ones aren't that great.

dunksby
01-20-2015, 07:54 AM
From acts I have watched enough of (footage), these guys stood out the most:
1- Bill Hicks
2- George Carlin
3- Chris Rock
4- Dave Chappelle
5- Louie CK
6- Jerry Sienfield
7- Eddie Murphy
8- Steve Martin

L.Kizzle
01-20-2015, 10:49 PM
In No Order.

Bob Saget
Carrot Top
Carlos Mencia
Dane Cook
Nick Cannon
Larry the Cable Guy
Rosie O'Donnell
Byron Allen
Jeff Dunham
Michael Richards

L.Kizzle
01-20-2015, 10:59 PM
GOATS
Any problems with my list?

Larry the Cable Guy's Blue Collar Comedy Tour appearance is legendary. Right up there with Richard Pryor's Live on Sunset Strip.

TaLvsCuaL
01-21-2015, 08:28 AM
I like more Tim Minchin than most comedian named in this post

andgar923
01-21-2015, 10:40 AM
no love for Rodney Dangerfield? George Wallace?

Im going with Eddie Murphy as my GOAT, simply because he was the most versatile. He could do all kinds of styles, great storyteller, observational, could do some impressions, very well rounded in ways that Carlin, Rock, Pryor weren't.

SugarHill
01-21-2015, 10:56 AM
no love for Rodney Dangerfield? George Wallace?

Im going with Eddie Murphy as my GOAT, simply because he was the most versatile. He could do all kinds of styles, great storyteller, observational, could do some impressions, very well rounded in ways that Carlin, Rock, Pryor weren't.

Eddie Murphy is overrated as fvck

dunksby
01-21-2015, 11:03 AM
1. Kevin Hart

2. Rest
It's only fitting that you go stan Kevin Hart.

L.Kizzle
01-23-2015, 12:05 AM
My top ten in no order (except for Wayans):

Damon Wayans
Eddie Murphy
Chris Rock
Richard Pryor
Bill Burr
Jerry Seinfeld
Sam Kinison
Sinbad
Patrice O'Neal
Gary Shandling

Perfect
01-23-2015, 02:52 AM
Don't know how much of it is online, but just went to watch Bill Bailey in a theatre last month and split my sides it was so funny

L.Kizzle
01-23-2015, 02:55 AM
Don't know how much of it is online, but just went to watch Bill Bailey in a theatre last month and split my sides it was so funny
He looks like the little hamd guy from Scary Movie 2.

ThePhantomCreep
01-23-2015, 08:08 AM
Earthquake consistently kills. Funny ass dude.

gigantes
07-28-2016, 01:14 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vkwgAkKELRM/hqdefault.jpg
Comedian does private stand up show for Hillary Clinton and finds out something shocking (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkwgAkKELRM)

this guy danny lobell seems like a comedian's comedian, not to mention a flat-out natural. i'm almost scared to watch more of him in case the rest of his stuff isn't as good. :S