PDA

View Full Version : Will the GSW beat the Bulls record of 72-10?

bail
01-20-2015, 01:26 AM
They are now 33-6 do you think they can still beat the Bulls all time record of 72-10 standing?

navy
01-20-2015, 01:26 AM
No.

nba_55
01-20-2015, 01:27 AM
No

Inferno
01-20-2015, 01:27 AM
No

fpliii
01-20-2015, 01:29 AM
Need to go:

22-21 to reach 55 wins
27-16 to reach 60 wins
32-11 to reach 65 wins
37-6 to reach 70 wins

Don't see it happening. The West is too tough for someone to approach the record.

D-FENS
01-20-2015, 01:30 AM
32-11 is doable.

AnaheimLakers24
01-20-2015, 01:30 AM
No
Loser mentality fanbase

no

navy
01-20-2015, 01:31 AM
Need to go:

22-21 to reach 55 wins
27-16 to reach 60 wins
32-11 to reach 65 wins
37-6 to reach 70 wins

Don't see it happening. The West is too tough for someone to approach the record.
Plus they will rest their players even more if they get that far.

fpliii
32-11 is doable.
I agree.

sportjames23
They are now 33-6 do you think they can still beat the Bulls all time record of 72-10 standing?

At this point in the 1995-1996 season, that Bulls team had only 3 losses. Matter of fact, they had only 3 losses going into February, IIRC.

End of the season, teams tend to rest their starters as much as they can and losses occur more often. Golden State is already 3 games off that Bulls team's pace.

Ain't gonna happen, my friend.

ETA: Scary thing is, that Bulls team shoulda been 74-8 and undefeated at home. They had two late season one-point losses at home.

Kingwillball
IMO they will be lucky to get to 60 wins let alone to 70..

SAKOTXA
They'll finish with 66-68 wins.

navy
01-20-2015, 01:34 AM
:biggums:

Hittin_Shots
01-20-2015, 01:36 AM
List their schedule

Kingwillball
01-20-2015, 01:36 AM
:biggums:

I see a cooldown and slump coming at some point.They are bound to have a starter miss a few games and go through a streak where they go 12 and 8..

TheMarkMadsen
01-20-2015, 01:37 AM
very easily

BigBoss
01-20-2015, 01:37 AM
33-6 in the Western Conference is crazy.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 01:38 AM
I see a cooldown and slump coming at some point.They are bound to have a starter miss a few games and go through a streak where they go 12 and 8..
Their most important starter (based on their league-leading defense) has already missed a bunch of games. So that excuse is garbage.

Anything else?

fpliii
01-20-2015, 01:38 AM
Bogut's missed a ton of games, and they still have their current record...

EDIT: Droid beat me to it.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 01:39 AM
Bogut's missed a ton of games, and they still have their current record...

EDIT: Droid beat me to it.
:cheers:

nba_55
01-20-2015, 01:40 AM
If they win something like 67-68 games, that would be more impressive than Bulls 72 games given how strong the WC is this year.

KNOW1EDGE
01-20-2015, 01:40 AM
No

sportjames23
01-20-2015, 01:44 AM
If they win something like 67-68 games, that would be more impressive than Bulls 72 games given how strong the WC is this year.

You realize that Bulls team had to deal with the East that was no pushover, along with the West, right? You kids only know of a weak ass Eastern Conference. You have NO memory of when the East was hardcore.

Crystallas
01-20-2015, 01:45 AM
After 39 games played, the 95-96 Bulls had a record of 37-2 in a very strong East.

The Warriors have a record of 33-6 in a very strong West.

nba_55
01-20-2015, 01:46 AM
You realize that Bulls team had to deal with the East that was no pushover, along with the West, right? You kids only know of a weak ass Eastern Conference. You have NO memory of when the East was hardcore.
Yeah, hardcore! So hardcore that Jordan's team was contending for the title without him, and they would be #1 seed without injuries that year. HARDCORE!

Crystallas
01-20-2015, 01:52 AM
Yeah, hardcore! So hardcore that Jordan's team was contending for the title without him, and they would be #1 seed without injuries that year. HARDCORE!

Because it was still a great team. Hence the record season when he came back. :facepalm

The East was very strong that season. New generation of talent breaking their way in, and the old guard phasing out. Kids don't remember these things and consider the second 3-peat Bulls Jordan's prime because that is what they see more of on youtube.

KOBEtherealKing
01-20-2015, 01:55 AM
No. They will finish 67-15

Heavincent
01-20-2015, 02:04 AM
They'll probably finish with 65-68 wins.

It's funny how even Steve Kerr dismissed the idea, but they actually are threatening it. It's very unlikely, but 39-4 isn't totally implausible if they stay relatively healthy. They're 33-6 now even with Bogut and Lee missing a bunch of games. It's weird because their starting lineup from last season haven't played a single minute together this season.

But yeah, Bogut and Iggy will both rest certain games, so I don't see it.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 02:07 AM
After 39 games played, the 95-96 Bulls had a record of 37-2 in a very strong East.

The Warriors have a record of 33-6 in a very strong West.
LOL!

The East in 95-96 had two 50+ win teams other than the Bulls (so, 3 total).

The 2013-2014 West had 7 50+ win teams, and the West looks even better this year.

Shut it.

Maestro33
01-20-2015, 02:16 AM
Keep in mind who Steve learned from. Phil and Pop. What do they do in the waning weeks of the season? Sit starters and shrug off a few losses to get that last little rest before playoffs. Expect Steve to do the same. Granted Phil rested guys by being up 20+ in the early 3rd quarter. Pop just outright leaves them at home. Either way, I think Steve will do something similar. 68-14 imo.

Inferno
01-20-2015, 02:17 AM

Nikka, Bogut and Lee have already missed games :biggums:

Kingwillball
01-20-2015, 02:18 AM
Their most important starter (based on their league-leading defense) has already missed a bunch of games. So that excuse is garbage.

Anything else?

ummm they are playing over there head...:confusedshrug:

Kingwillball
01-20-2015, 02:19 AM
Nikka, Bogut and Lee have already missed games :biggums:

Ok hate to be mean The Warriors are not a championship team this year sorry not happening.. Cleveland has a better chance than GS and look at the 2 records right now.

fpliii
01-20-2015, 02:19 AM
Dude, just take the L.

Heavincent
01-20-2015, 02:20 AM

They're clearly not. I'd like to hear your reasoning behind this.

Heavincent
01-20-2015, 02:21 AM
Cleveland has a better chance than GS

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Inferno
Ok hate to be mean The Warriors are not a championship team this year sorry not happening.. Cleveland has a better chance than GS and look at the 2 records right now.

:coleman:

sammichoffate
No, but 65 wins is nothing to scoff at. This Warriors team might end up as one of the best in their franchise's history if they keep playing this well.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 02:22 AM
So, based on your "gut feeling" a 22-20 team playing in one of the most historically weak conferences in the history of the NBA has a better chance at winning the ring than a 33-6 team playing in one of the strongest conferences in NBA history?

Okay. Solid reasoning.

Milbuck
01-20-2015, 02:22 AM
Warriors would rape the Cavs in the finals. It wouldn't be close, with or without Bogut. If he was fully healthy it honestly might be a sweep.

SugarHill
01-20-2015, 02:24 AM
So, based on your "gut feeling" a 22-20 team playing in one of the most historically weak conferences in the history of the NBA has a better chance at winning the ring than a 33-6 team playing in one of the strongest conferences in NBA history?

Okay. Solid reasoning.

Yes and particularly because of the conference thing. Simply put, Warriors have a rougher road and even if they are better, which they are, Cavs have a better shot of actually reaching the Finals. Warriors might not even make the Finals and that's a very real possibility.

Fudge
01-20-2015, 02:26 AM
You really are clueless as ****, aren't you? Jesus Christ. Your mother should have just shit you out into the toilet and flushed.

Crystallas
01-20-2015, 02:27 AM
LOL!

The East in 95-96 had two 50+ win teams other than the Bulls (so, 3 total).

The 2013-2014 West had 7 50+ win teams, and the West looks even better this year.

Shut it.

:confusedshrug:

Your concept of weak and strong derives from looking at the final results of records. Not a whole lot can help that, except when you get older and see how children compare the very little they have seen with a barely mature mind and compare that with what they have not seen. :pimp:

Crystallas
01-20-2015, 02:29 AM
And it's funny how a few recognize the weak east this season, but have limited ability to process the concept of those 30 games played. Including the number of teams that are facing a great deal of injuries that normally wouldn't be in some tank mode in both conferences.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 02:31 AM
:confusedshrug:

Your concept of weak and strong derives from looking at the final results of records. Not a whole lot can help that, except when you get older and see how children compare the very little they have seen with a barely mature mind and compare that with what they have not seen. :pimp:
Uh, I watched almost every Bulls game I could that season. I was a huge Pippen fan.

That conference was shit compared to today's West. Get real dude.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 02:33 AM
Yes and particularly because of the conference thing. Simply put, Warriors have a rougher road and even if they are better, which they are, Cavs have a better shot of actually reaching the Finals. Warriors might not even make the Finals and that's a very real possibility.
I do understand your argument, but I disagree with your conclusion.

The 1st seed in a good conference has a much better chance at making the Finals than a 5 seed in a bad one.

Kingwillball
01-20-2015, 02:34 AM
You really are clueless as ****, aren't you? Jesus Christ. Your mother should have just shit you out into the toilet and flushed.

STFU U dumb piece of Sh!t.. U are a ****ing Moron and Troll.. I am giving an opinion.. U are just a Scumbag Troll.. I never said Warriors suck I said the over under is 60 games.. Can they keep it up sure but nobody expected a 65+ win before season so Im going with the notion that things even out a bit and they come down to earth.

I should of known an idiot who thinks Durant is better than Lebron a couple years ago U can't even hold a normal conversation with.

Crystallas
01-20-2015, 02:35 AM
Uh, I watched almost every Bulls game I could that season. I was a huge Pippen fan.

That conference was shit compared to today's West. Get real dude.

When someone sits you in front of a TV so you can watch 'every game you could' behind a high chair.

The east was stacked and the Bulls had a massive target on them(from the very start of the season). The east was stronger than the west that year, and funny part about the records of the opposing teams. It's simple math. If a certain other team beats them a record amount, then you will obviously have less wins for teams, other than the record breaking team.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 02:36 AM
When someone sits you in front of a TV so you can watch 'every game you could' behind a high chair.
Uh, I don't care if you don't believe me. I was 15 that year, and I was obsessed with the Bulls and Pippen in particular. I collected all the damn trading cards and poured over stats and box scores when I couldn't watch games.

The East was garbage that year compared to the West (other than the Bulls of course).

Fudge
01-20-2015, 02:36 AM
STFU U dumb piece of Sh!t.. U are a ****ing Moron and Troll.. I am giving an opinion.. U are just a Scumbag Troll.. I never said Warriors suck I said the over under is 60 games.. Can they keep it up sure but nobody expected a 65+ win before season so Im going with the notion that things even out a bit and they come down to earth.

I should of known an idiot who thinks Durant is better than Lebron a couple years ago U can't even hold a normal conversation with.
:yaohappy: :yaohappy:

Durant is the best player in the world, little boy. That's just something you're going to have to deal with.

Hotlantadude81
01-20-2015, 02:38 AM
Warriors would rape the Cavs in the finals. It wouldn't be close, with or without Bogut. If he was fully healthy it honestly might be a sweep.

But they have Timofey Mozgov and Shumpert now! They're going all da way!

Crystallas
01-20-2015, 02:39 AM
Uh, I don't care if you don't believe me. I was 15 that year, and I was obsessed with the Bulls and Pippen in particular. I collected all the damn trading cards and poured over stats and box scores when I couldn't watch games.

The East was garbage that year compared to the West (other than the Bulls of course).

Point proven. You were 15.

navy
01-20-2015, 02:40 AM
Lots of bump worthy statements being made. Book marked.

Hotlantadude81
01-20-2015, 02:40 AM
And it's funny how a few recognize the weak east this season, but have limited ability to process the concept of those 30 games played. Including the number of teams that are facing a great deal of injuries that normally wouldn't be in some tank mode in both conferences.

The east is weak... Teams are losing game after game now. That includes Chicago, Toronto and even Washington to some degree.

Crystallas
01-20-2015, 02:41 AM
The east is weak... Teams are losing game after game now. That includes Chicago, Toronto and even Washington to some degree.

Nothing I said claimed the east was not weak this season.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 02:42 AM
Point proven. You were 15.
And yet still smarter than you are today. Strange, that.

Crystallas
01-20-2015, 02:43 AM
And yet still smarter than you are today. Strange, that.
I can tell, especially with your cleverly original come backs.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 02:46 AM
The east was stronger than the west that year, and funny part about the records of the opposing teams. It's simple math. If a certain other team beats them a record amount, then you will obviously have less wins for teams, other than the record breaking team.
LOL at your stealth edit.

The West had their own powerhouse team that won 64 games.

Sorry, but if you actually watched back then, and also looked at overall win/loss records for the conferences, there is absolutely no reason to think the East was stronger than the West, other than Finals outcome.

East sucked then, East sucks now. You have no actual evidence to back up anything otherwise.

Spurs5Rings2014
01-20-2015, 02:54 AM
Bleh. Going 72-10 is more about injuries/rest than anything for ATG teams. The Warriors could of easily beat it I think had Bogut/Lee remained healthy and not missed any games. Could still possibly do it if Kerr doesn't rest starters towards the end of the season, but he will. You can attribute the record to superior durability or regular season stat padding, the choice is yours. It's somewhat similar to Bran coasting in the regular season now instead of going for his 5th MVP and Durant tiring himself out last season getting his first. Play offs are more important, so some want to have something left in the tank when the time comes.

Crystallas
01-20-2015, 02:59 AM
LOL at your stealth edit.

The West had their own powerhouse team that won 64 games.

Sorry, but if you actually watched back then, and also looked at overall win/loss records for the conferences, there is absolutely no reason to think the East was stronger than the West, other than Finals outcome.

East sucked then, East sucks now. You have no actual evidence to back up anything otherwise.

Not a stealth edit. Just a regular edit. Thus why it shows that it was edited.

I don't? Okay, fine by me. Lucky for me, I don't need to win this debate. There are already plenty of metrics used to balance the equation between the league. You can start with something a simpleton can understand, like SRS or SOS, or overall W/L. But wait, all of those are bum stats, and your 15-year old brain had the better summary. Pah-lease. At least I saw every game live, many in person as an adult. Study a bit more before you're quick to pollute the internet with more trash.

Crystallas
01-20-2015, 03:00 AM
Bleh. Going 72-10 is more about injuries/rest than anything for ATG teams. The Warriors could of easily beat it I think had Bogut/Lee remained healthy and not missed any games. Could still possibly do it if Kerr doesn't rest starters towards the end of the season, but he will. You can attribute the record to superior durability or regular season stat padding, the choice is yours. It's somewhat similar to Bran coasting in the regular season now instead of going for his 5th MVP and Durant tiring himself out last season getting his first. Play offs are more important, so some want to have something left in the tank when the time comes.

Two players on the 72-10 Bulls played the entire 82 game schedule. One of them was a role player.

Sportal
01-20-2015, 03:27 AM
Two players on the 72-10 Bulls played the entire 82 game schedule. One of them was a role player.

If you had any legitimate evidence that the 95/96 East was just as strong, if not, stronger than the West this year... You would have proven it by now instead of just stipulating. You haven't.

Stop answering back and at least attempt to use factual data to prove your point. We are all waiting.

tragicbronson
01-20-2015, 03:35 AM
Crystallas known as a nostalgic guy on sports forums who thinks everybody else is a kid who has never watched a game from 90s and doesn't have a clue what was happening then.

Bro just enjoy what we have here, maybe top teams from west are not as good as the top teams from the east were but there are so many very good teams competing in the west that it's ridicolous, so many even teams, exciting teams, i know that you believe it was better before but you should try not to think about that and enjoy magnificent players we have today.

On topic, won't happen, as i said, too many good teams in the west, not many games which you can call easy and won before it starts, they also rely much on their shooting, i think they can reach 65 wins but everything close to 70 would surprise me.

The Macho Man
01-20-2015, 03:48 AM
Shaq penny magic
Ewing knicks
Alonzo Hardaway heat
Miller Smits Pacers
Grant hill pistons
Lj Glen rice hornets
Cwebb Howard bullets

Droid like "garbage teams"

zoom17
01-20-2015, 04:01 AM
I don't think 72-10 will ever be tied or surpassed.

Undisputed
01-20-2015, 04:01 AM
They will hit a rough patch or two. The Warriors will never sniff that record, ever. Whether the West of today is stronger than the East of the 90's doesn't matter, the record is set. No one could possibly prove which era is better. A team has to be equal to or better than the Bulls 72-10, or nothing else matters and your argument is stupid.

Sportal
01-20-2015, 05:50 AM
Shaq penny magic
Ewing knicks
Alonzo Hardaway heat
Miller Smits Pacers
Grant hill pistons
Lj Glen rice hornets
Cwebb Howard bullets

And their records?

juju151111
01-20-2015, 09:22 AM
One of the losses came because Kerr did a Pop and rested Iggy and Bogut against OKC. Kerr also said he will rest players throughout season.

kurple
01-20-2015, 09:57 AM
One of the losses came because Kerr did a Pop and rested Iggy and Bogut against OKC. Kerr also said he will rest players throughout season.
i like kerr, and he shouldnt care about an meaningless record, he should be thinking about an title run.

OldSchoolBBall
01-20-2015, 10:04 AM
What few people realize is that the '96 Bulls didn't JUST go 72-10 (as impressive as that is). Here are the point margins in their 10 losses:

1 point
1 point
1 point
5 points
6 points
6 points
6 points
9 points
10 points
32 points

As you can see, those Bulls lost 3 games by one point (including two at the buzzer and one where Jordan hit a game-winner which as waved off), another 4 games by 6 points or less (all winnable), and only lost ONE game all year by > 10 points. That is AMAZING. I don't think people understand this. That team was in 81 out of 82 games. The level of focus and discipline needed to do that is unheard of.

It's not like that Bulls team lost 10 games by 15-25 points.

dude77
01-20-2015, 10:09 AM
What few people realize is that the '96 Bulls didn't JUST go 72-10 (as impressive as that is). Here are the point margins in their 10 losses:

1 point
1 point
1 point
5 points
6 points
6 points
6 points
9 points
10 points
32 points

As you can see, those Bulls lost 3 games by one point (including two at the buzzer and one where Jordan hit a game-winner which as waved off), another 4 games by 6 points or less (all winnable), and only lost ONE game all year by > 10 points. That is AMAZING. I don't think people understand this. That team was in 81 out of 82 games. The level of focus and discipline needed to do that is unheard of.

insane .. could've easily been 75-7 had those 1 pters gone their way .. that team was dialed in all damn season long .. amazing shit

Psileas
01-20-2015, 12:29 PM
They won't get to 70 in such a conference, although they can boost their record due to having consecutive home games.
In order to win 70, you have to be insensitive to losses. One can see that lots of great 60+ win teams could easily had better records, but for each one, there seemed to be a wall during the season, a span during which they'd struggle to even play 50-60% ball and during which they'd seem worn down after specific losses.
Many teams could have got to 70 wins, but something would always keep them off. E.g, the '83 Sixers went 50-7 and 57-9. They could have easily gone for 70 wins, yet, they played mediocre ball during their final games. The '71 Bucks were at 65-11, having won 20 in a row, then lost 5 of their last 6. It's been speculated that they rested near the end, but still...1-5? The '97 Bulls let it slip out of their hands, losing 3 of their last 4. The 80's Lakers were usually starting seasons slowly, picking up speed near the end. The 2000 Lakers had a horrible mid-season, the 2007 Mavs a horrible start. The Celtics, despite having that many great teams that even approached 70 wins, never really threatened this figure. The 1972 Lakers lost a couple too many games when their streak ended (also, having missed West during some losses early on played its role), but they came damn close. The 1967 Sixers had the GOAT 50 game start (46-4) and could have won 70, even in 81 games, but lost 3 in a row.

ralph_i_el
01-20-2015, 12:31 PM
not a chance

mehyaM24
01-20-2015, 12:55 PM
the warriors dont have the greatest rebounder, or the best all-around player in the league - but they DO have some of the best volume scorers akin to jordan and shooting (kerr/kukoc). they won't be 72-10 BUT they'll definitely "be there" when its all said and done.

Roundball_Rock
01-20-2015, 01:05 PM
And their records?

Here are the win totals for the top teams in each conference that year:

1) CHI 72
2) ORL 60 (with Shaq missing 20-25 or so games)
3) IND 52
4) NY 47
4) CLE 47
6) ATL 46
6) DET 46
8) MIA 42

1) SEA 64
2) SA 59
3) UTA 55
4) LAL 53
5) HOU 48
6) POR 44
7) PHX 41
8) SAC 39

As the records suggest, there was approximate parity between the conferences. Both conferences featured three legitimate contenders (CHI, ORL, IND and SEA, SA, UTA) and then 3-4 mid-pack teams. The 90's East was solid. No one spoke of a gap between the conferences then. The only legitimate point against the East in the 90's is the West had a disproportionate share of elite players. However, the East was where strong defense was played.

The level of focus and discipline needed to do that is unheard of.

I agree with OSB (I never thought I would say that :lol ). This is why 72-10 will never be surpassed: teams will have the ability to eclipse it but we will never see that level of determination and will to win again.

Demon Lizard
01-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Threads like these are always dumb.

Sportal
01-20-2015, 06:18 PM
Here are the win totals for the top teams in each conference that year:

1) CHI 72
2) ORL 60 (with Shaq missing 20-25 or so games)
3) IND 52
4) NY 47
4) CLE 47
6) ATL 46
6) DET 46
8) MIA 42

1) SEA 64
2) SA 59
3) UTA 55
4) LAL 53
5) HOU 48
6) POR 44
7) PHX 41
8) SAC 39

As the records suggest, there was approximate parity between the conferences. Both conferences featured three legitimate contenders (CHI, ORL, IND and SEA, SA, UTA) and then 3-4 mid-pack teams. The 90's East was solid. No one spoke of a gap between the conferences then. The only legitimate point against the East in the 90's is the West had a disproportionate share of elite players. However, the East was where strong defense was played.

I agree with OSB (I never thought I would say that :lol ). This is why 72-10 will never be surpassed: teams will have the ability to eclipse it but we will never see that level of determination and will to win again.

Ok, so... The disagreement on here was, that East was just as good, if not stronger than the current West. Your thoughts?

Smoke117
01-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Phil Jackson has always played his star players too many minutes...it's the reason why Pippen was always ailing from one pain/injury or another during the 2nd threepeat. The Bulls were beating teams comfortably in 96...yet Jordan was playing 38mpg and Pippen 37mpg...:facepalm

To actually get to 72 wins you'd need all key players to stay relatively healthy (75+ games) and play heavy minutes. You'd need that even more so than the Bulls if you are the Warriors because the competition isn't close to as weak as it was in 96.

Fork
01-20-2015, 06:31 PM
The Heat in 12-13 could have won 70 games if they had a better start.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 06:51 PM
Cwebb Howard bullets

The fact that you even mention that team proves you know absolutely nothing. :roll:

That "powerhouse" didn't even make the playoffs. They weren't even good at all until they god Rod Strickland the following year. That's when they took off (relatively).

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2015, 07:18 PM
Warrior have some great shooters, just like Chicago as well as quality individual distributors. The Bulls had great passers, and an offense that involved everyone organically. Warriors have a player who besides slightly less ability offensively, is a near mirror image of Pippen everywhere else in Andre Iguodala. Warriors have Bogut, who is similar in value to Rodman.

The primary difference between these Warriors, and the '96 Bulls ...

the '96 Bulls had the best player to ever play who was coming off a rare defeat, and was extremely motivated that season. His mentality, and focus trickled down to everyone else.

A guy whose regular season scoring volume was higher than even Wilt's. No one could put up on average Jordan's totals every year. Who is going to will their teams to victory, or snatch a win out the jaws from defeat on the 2015 Warriors? Steph Curry and his low to mid 20's PPG volume? The guy who goes Casper against the league's best at his position?

Chicago relied heavily on MJ's individual offensive volume. Along with his tenacity, mental toughness, leadership, and ability to take over games. Even at 33 years old.

Phil Jackson has always played his star players too many minutes...it's the reason why Pippen was always ailing from one pain/injury or another during the 2nd threepeat. The Bulls were beating teams comfortably in 96...yet Jordan was playing 38mpg and Pippen 37mpg
MJ was fine though. Scottie didn't have his offensive burden either. He was utterly horrendous on the offensive side of the ball for the entire 2nd three peat playoff runs.

1 point
1 point
1 point
5 points
6 points
6 points
6 points
9 points
10 points
32 points

Agreed. I remember they should've won like 75 games at minimum that season, had some flukey losses to teams that was just beyond pumped to play them, and ended up just playing out of their mind for a game due to adrenaline.

Which game did a Jordan buzzer beater get waved off? I totally forget which game you're referencing.

But same could be said for the 1997 team. They lost like 3 or 4 games that were close they should've won. IIRC, the '96 team should've won like 75, and the '97 team should've won around 72.

What they accomplished was already incredible, in back to back seasons matching the highest win totals ever, as well as setting new ones. Imagine if they won 75 in '96, followed it with 72 in '97 ...

And if Scottie wasn't oft injured, and 35 year old yoda MJ didn't have to carry Chicago for half the season in 1998? Do they win more than an already staggering 62 games? I could see another 70 win season in play.

Smoke117
01-20-2015, 07:19 PM
^ Pippen also put his body on the line much more than MJ did. Everyone knows that. I'm not saying it was smart...but it's a simple fact.

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2015, 07:22 PM
^ Pippen also put his body on the line much more than MJ did. Everyone knows that. I'm not saying it was smart...but it's a simple fact.
Well yea. Jordan had the intelligence, and skill set to dominate, yet conserve his body while playing. Thus becoming near exclusively reliant on the mid range game, and fadeaway jumper from '96 - '98.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 07:23 PM

1 point
1 point
1 point
5 points
6 points
6 points
6 points
9 points
10 points
32 points

They had a season long +12.3 (point differential is a better predictor than w/l record).

For reference, Golden State is at +11.7 this year.

For more reference, Spurs last year were +7.8
2012/2013 Heat were +7.9
08/09 Lakers were +6.6
07/08 Celtics were +10.2

Anyway, what Golden State is doing this year is crazy. Doubtful they keep it that high, but they're playing at a very high level.

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2015, 07:26 PM
Anyway, what Golden State is doing this year is crazy. Doubtful they keep it that high, but they're playing at a very high level.
They're stacked ... and the way they're built, skilled, and coaches is perfect for the current league set up.

Smoke117
01-20-2015, 07:29 PM
They had a season long +12.3 (point differential is a better predictor than w/l record).

For reference, Golden State is at +11.7 this year.

For more reference, Spurs last year were +7.8
2012/2013 Heat were +7.9
08/09 Lakers were +6.6
07/08 Celtics were +10.2

Hence...why I bought up Jordan and Pippens minutes. If you are going to win 72 games you are going to have to run your team into the ground. Bulls got away with that because they were so much better than everyone else and basically breezed through the playoffs even ailing. There isn't a team in the league that can run their team into the ground and than just expect to breeze through the playoffs right now like the Bulls did.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 07:37 PM
They're stacked ... and the way they're built, skilled, and coaches is perfect for the current league set up.
They simply have superior navigation efficiency.

navy
01-20-2015, 07:37 PM
The Heat in 12-13 could have won 70 games if they had a better start.
You mean if they had Birdman the entire season.

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2015, 07:38 PM
They simply have superior navigation efficiency.
They have above optimal off the ball passing ... I'm not afraid to say it.

2015 Golden State Warriors are a team in the league.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 07:55 PM
They have above optimal off the ball passing ... I'm not afraid to say it.

2015 Golden State Warriors are a team in the league.
:bowdown:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364586

noob cake
01-20-2015, 08:25 PM

This, Pacers looked like world beaters last season, but then started stinking the second half the season.

Droid101
01-20-2015, 08:26 PM
This, Pacers looked like world beaters last season, but then started stinking the second half the season.
Well, that was a historic drop off. No team with that start had ever played so poorly over the second half of the season, in the history of the NBA.

guy
01-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Probably not. But honestly, they have a chance. And I wouldn't be surprised if the record does fall at some point.

Teams just don't give a shit about the regular season like they used to. They don't care about seeding, they're more cautious about injuries, and there's not much pride over W-L records, which means the best teams don't care if another team has a better record and the worst teams have less incentive to not tank. Call me an old geyser but that's the way I see it.

La Frescobaldi
01-20-2015, 09:03 PM
Probably not. But honestly, they have a chance. And I wouldn't be surprised if the record does fall at some point.

Teams just don't give a shit about the regular season like they used to. They don't care about seeding, they're more cautious about injuries, and there's not much pride over W-L records, which means the best teams don't care if another team has a better record and the worst teams have less incentive to not tank. Call me an old geyser but that's the way I see it.

yeah. the league should come out with like a $50 million bonus for landing in 1st Place that would change some attitudes

fpliii
01-20-2015, 09:12 PM
yeah. the league should come out with like a $50 million bonus for landing in 1st Place that would change some attitudes
Maybe, or change the playoffs to a 3-3-1 format. :banana:

EDIT: Or they could do what I believe the D-League did (or still does), and let the top 4 teams choose their opponents. Best record would get to pick first, down to the 4th.

The Macho Man
01-20-2015, 11:23 PM
The fact that you even mention that team proves you know absolutely nothing. :roll:

That "powerhouse" didn't even make the playoffs. They weren't even good at all until they god Rod Strickland the following year. That's when they took off (relatively).

Who fvking cares dum dum??

The east was clearly not garbage. But you judge everything by win totals and stats because you're an ignorant tw@t who can't form an original thought in his peanut brain

Droid101
01-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Who fvking cares dum dum??

The east was clearly not garbage. But you judge everything by win totals and stats because you're an ignorant tw@t who can't form an original thought in his peanut brain
Who ****ing cares? You do, you responded, twice.

That Bullets team was not good that year, yet you tried to list them as some kind of dominant team that the Bulls overcame.

The Bulls were great that year, but don't try telling me that Bullets team was anything special. Non-playoff nothings until they had Rod Strickland.

The Macho Man
01-20-2015, 11:29 PM
Who ****ing cares? You do, you responded, twice.

That Bullets team was not good that year, yet you tried to list them as some kind of dominant team that the Bulls overcame.

The Bulls were great that year, but don't try telling me that Bullets team was anything special. Non-playoff nothings until they had Rod Strickland.

I did no such thing you shaved chimp.

You said the east was garbage

I listed several mom garbage teams

I never claimed the bullets were dominant

You came up with that narrative in your own barely functioning brain

Droid101
01-20-2015, 11:31 PM
I did no such thing you shaved chimp.

You said the east was garbage

I listed several mom garbage teams

I never claimed the bullets were dominant

You came up with that narrative in your own barely functioning brain
Bullets were essentially garbage that year, as was most of the East.

The Bulls still overcame every trap game and won the most in NBA history.

Shut your mouth already.

The Macho Man
01-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Bullets were essentially garbage that year, as was most of the East.

The Bulls still overcame every trap game and won the most in NBA history.

Shut your mouth already.
"I was wrong macho. I'm sorry"

OldSchoolBBall
01-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Which game did a Jordan buzzer beater get waved off? I totally forget which game you're referencing.

Toronto. Video of the ending here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EruzMMs6wTM#t=7m15s

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2015, 11:39 PM
Toronto. Video of the ending here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EruzMMs6wTM#t=7m15s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EruzMMs6wTM)
Good looks. I forgot about this game. That's the one where rookie Damon Stoudemire, Mighty Mouse went bonkers ... right? Anyway, what are your thoughts on the '97 Bulls who probably should have won 3 more games as well? And how well do you think that '98 team does with Pippen there the whole season?

Droid101
01-20-2015, 11:44 PM
"I was wrong macho. I'm sorry"
"I allow Droid101 to live, rent free, inside my cranium. I'm not sorry about it."

-The Macho Man, Insidehoops.com Website

OldSchoolBBall
01-20-2015, 11:47 PM
The 1997 team was better than the 1996 team. Jordan was way more springy than in '96, and they had a tremendous chemistry as a team. I remember they started the year like 12-0 and eventually 17-1 and were just DOMINATING teams. If they don't lose Rodman for 27 games that year, lose Kukoc for 25 games, and lose Longley for 23 games, they pretty easily win 72+ imo. They won 69 games with 2 of their top 4 players out for 25+ games apiece AND their starting center out for 23 games. Think about that.

The '98 team wouldn't have hit 70 due to age and the fact that their minutes likely would have been curtailed toward the latter part of the season, but I think 65-70 wins is entirely possible given that they won 62 with Pippen missing nearly half the season.

poido123
01-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Droid and Macho Man with the funny exchanges :lol

http://i.imgur.com/agJIP.gif

oarabbus
01-20-2015, 11:59 PM
Droid and Macho Man with the funny exchanges :lol

http://i.imgur.com/agJIP.gif

:applause:

Droid101 pulling ahead with the early lead... who will win

poido123
01-21-2015, 12:00 AM

Don't think I've ever seen someone call another person a "shaved chimp" before :roll:

Droid101
01-21-2015, 12:01 AM

http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/LiK/46q/LiK46q6ia.gif

If anyone was entertained, then I'm good. You win, Mr. "Man."

Ariza4three
01-21-2015, 12:02 AM

Macho won that exchange, lets be real.

Heavincent
01-21-2015, 12:44 AM
Warriors have the 2nd highest point differential since the merger, second behind only the 96 Bulls of course.

Collie
01-21-2015, 12:47 AM
They would need to go 40-3 the rest of the way... highly, highly unlikely, since they will probably be resting guys once they clinch homecourt.

Mid to high 60's? More realistic. I'd say a decent chance.

triangleoffense
01-21-2015, 12:56 AM
no way on 70 wins but if they get like 66 would still be epic