PDA

View Full Version : Whos better? Mozgov or Big Z?

bail
01-20-2015, 01:27 AM
Will he be better than Big Z and complement well with Lebron?

navy
01-20-2015, 01:27 AM
It's only been like 4 games....

Kingwillball
01-20-2015, 01:33 AM
Prime big Z was better but Mozgov better than old Big Z in his last couple years with Cavs as he moved like a Dinosaur. Mozgov is pretty mobile and athletic for his size.

inclinerator
01-20-2015, 01:34 AM
mozgovzilla

RedBlackAttack
01-20-2015, 02:11 AM
People forget how good Z was when he was young, especially before all that foot problems. There was a time when he was as graceful as a 7-footer could possibly be on a basketball court.

So, the answer is clearly Big Z.

That said, Mozgov gives this particular Cavs team exactly what they need. It's too bad that the trade wasn't made before Andy got hurt, because the Cavs had been trying to acquire Timofey since the summer.

Having a frontcourt rotation of Love, Mozgov, Andy and Tristan would be f#cking amazing. It also would have limited Andy's minutes, possibly preventing the inevitable injury. :(

ihatetimthomas
01-20-2015, 03:10 AM
Z was on his way to be among the better centers in the league before injuries derailed him. He was very skilled and had good footwork. Offensively he blows Mozgov out the water. The comparison isnt really close

tragicbronson
01-20-2015, 03:22 AM
Big Z more talented, better but i don't think it matters, different teams, different roles, Mozgov is doing very good tho, just what Cavs needed, they have atleast solid frontcourt now, they were doing really well against Bulls last night.

Done_And_Done
01-20-2015, 10:48 AM
Didn't Big Z make the ASG a couple of times?

Regardless, he wins out in this comparison. He was a character guy who could give you a little bit of everything (decent mid range, capable rebounder, hit his FT's etc)
Just a quality big...

Xiao Yao You
01-20-2015, 11:01 AM
Big Z. Poor man's Sabonis.

WallBe
01-20-2015, 11:03 AM
Big Z was better than Mozgov will ever be...

CeltsGarlic
01-20-2015, 11:07 AM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/e26a34e38bea532b7096349ea3bdffd7/tumblr_mgygditAWz1rtnwmvo1_250.gif

Big Z AKA Rookie game MVP, AKA How do you pronounce that? , AKA LBJ's hubbie, AKA JWall #1 enemy, AKA 2x All Star with 60% metal in ma body

Sakkreth
01-20-2015, 11:36 AM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/e26a34e38bea532b7096349ea3bdffd7/tumblr_mgygditAWz1rtnwmvo1_250.gif

Big Z AKA Rookie game MVP, AKA How do you pronounce that? , AKA LBJ's hubbie, AKA JWall #1 enemy, AKA 2x All Star with 60% metal in ma body
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wou_X6cBMqY

WTF was Wall doing there :roll:

SexSymbol
01-20-2015, 11:38 AM
Z was a legit all-star and a traitor to Lithuania's NT so **** him, but he's better than Mozgov by a landslide

DukeDelonte13
01-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Z was a legit all-star and a traitor to Lithuania's NT so **** him, but he's better than Mozgov by a landslide

Why was he a traitor to the NT? Dude was always banged up and i'm sure the cavs probably urged him not to play for them. Z loves his country and even adopted his twin boys from there.

BurningHammer
01-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Big Z. Poor man's Sabonis.
This.

Mozgov is still just a big dude who got dunked on.

SexSymbol
01-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Why was he a traitor to the NT? Dude was always banged up and i'm sure the cavs probably urged him not to play for them. Z loves his country and even adopted his twin boys from there.
He always promised to come to NT and he never did even in years where he wasn't injured.
He recently lost his lithuanian passport and i think deservedly so

DukeDelonte13
01-20-2015, 12:43 PM
He always promised to come to NT and he never did even in years where he wasn't injured.

he didn't "lose" it, he became an american citizen and he can't become a dual cit. That's absolutley crazy you think he deserves to lose his citenzenship because he didn't risk injury playing for his sh*tty national team that had no chance of having any success, and like I said, his decision not to play most likely came from the organization paying him millions of dollars.

Sakkreth
01-20-2015, 01:23 PM
SexSymbol is shame for lithuanians on this forum. So dumb. He used to have written "Slav (lithuanian)" in his profile under location tab, when I called him out for thinking that country he lives in is slavic(it is not) he copied what I have under my location tab.

jayfan
01-20-2015, 01:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wou_X6cBMqY

WTF was Wall doing there :roll:

Gotta love how Z's 1-on-4 there and Lebron's just standing and watching. Makes no move to help his boy.

SexSymbol
01-20-2015, 03:00 PM
he didn't "lose" it, he became an american citizen and he can't become a dual cit. That's absolutley crazy you think he deserves to lose his citenzenship because he didn't risk injury playing for his sh*tty national team that had no chance of having any success, and like I said, his decision not to play most likely came from the organization paying him millions of dollars.
Lithuania is pound 4 pound the greatest basketball nation in the world and top 4 overall

SexSymbol
01-20-2015, 03:02 PM
SexSymbol is shame for lithuanians on this forum. So dumb. He used to have written "Slav (lithuanian)" in his profile under location tab, when I called him out for thinking that country he lives in is slavic(it is not) he copied what I have under my location tab.
exactly, because nobody else but you can live in Kaunas.
God damn the retardness of some your posts, man.

swagga
01-20-2015, 03:08 PM

all eastern europeans are slavs because they are all russians. At least that's what we had in the geography book back in the early 90s in NY. nobody gives a shit son.

Sakkreth
01-20-2015, 05:43 PM
all eastern europeans are slavs because they are all russians. At least that's what we had in the geography book back in the early 90s in NY. nobody gives a shit son.

Well you know what people say about americans geography knowledge.

Sakkreth
01-20-2015, 05:43 PM
exactly, because nobody else but you can live in Kaunas.
God damn the retardness of some your posts, man.

I did not say you don't live in Kaunas.

CeltsGarlic
01-21-2015, 03:53 AM

Thats pretty low

Not as low as the ground looked to those guys jumping from the trade center lol

fiddy
01-21-2015, 08:32 AM
my country was established about two hundred years before russia and we are predominantly slavs :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2015, 08:42 AM

By far the dumbest poster on this board.. glad everyone agrees with it.

swagga
01-21-2015, 09:03 AM
Well you know what people say about americans geography knowledge.

my country was established about two hundred years before russia and we are predominantly slavs

Thats pretty low
Not as low as the ground looked to those guys jumping from the trade center lol

Are bulgaria and lithuania independent states? I thought Europe was a country tbh .. we had a single lesson about european geography where we learned about normandy and germany. :confusedshrug: ... teacher used 90% of the time to talk about world oil reserves and how important they are for our freedom

AboutBuckets
01-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Gonna disregard the thread derail and point out the insurmountable difference in passing ability between the two. Big Z could hit the backdoor cutter like nobody's business.

SexSymbol
01-21-2015, 12:09 PM
By far the dumbest poster on this board.. glad everyone agrees with it.
Youre preaching to the deaf choir there mate

NugzFan
01-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Like , right now ?

I<3NBA
01-21-2015, 12:28 PM
Like , right now ?
:coleman:

jbryan1984
01-21-2015, 12:36 PM
Moz has a lot to live up to to pass Z. Ilgauskas was even better before his injury early in I is career. He would of been better than he was. He was a 2 or 3 time all-star even after the injury. For the majority of his career, was arguably a top 5 center. One of the few centers who could shoot threes. He also came into the league when that was very new. Foreigners were still very new too. And of course, big Z was part of the greatest all time draft class.

JonatanRey
01-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Different situations. Z was better overall but had a worst supporting cast (not counting Bron was better back then). Moz may be more successful but Z was more important in that team than Mozgov will ever be in this Cavs.

Hoopz2332
01-21-2015, 12:59 PM
Big Z but Mozgov might be a better rim protector

Rooster
01-21-2015, 03:23 PM

Can he get a Russian or Polish passport instead?

CeltsGarlic
01-21-2015, 03:53 PM
Are bulgaria and lithuania independent states? I thought Europe was a country tbh .. we had a single lesson about european geography where we learned about normandy and germany. :confusedshrug: ... teacher used 90% of the time to talk about world oil reserves and how important they are for our freedom
now i got ya

Borat_Sagdyev
01-21-2015, 05:08 PM
:pimp:
http://blog.cleveland.com/startingblocks/2009/04/large_ilgauskas-rookie.jpg
http://media.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/photo/2008/10/zydrunas-ilgauskas-kendrick-perkins--cda613d8782a223d.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/HgdLCtpMyGM/maxresdefault.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dnEg1VLMQ00/UxsjElb3kqI/AAAAAAAABX0/nOlPvwaCqNo/s1600/Zydrunas+Ilgauskas+Behind+the+Back+Dunk.gif