PDA

View Full Version : Rose:We're not even competing, and it's f---ing irritating

aj1987
01-20-2015, 04:20 PM
CLEVELAND -- Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose isn't holding in his frustration any longer.

After watching his team give another lackluster effort and lose for the sixth time in the past eight games with a 108-94 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday night, the former MVP delivered some emotional words.

"Everybody has to be on the same page," Rose said. "Until then, we're going to continue to get our ass kicked."

Asked who was not on the same page, Rose was quick with a response.

"It's just the whole team," he said.

The Bulls canceled practice on Tuesday.

Rose's comments come amid one of the worst stretches of the Tom Thibodeau era.

The part that irritates players and coaches isn't so much the losing, especially given that the Bulls are playing without starters Joakim Noah (knee/ankle) and Mike Dunleavy (ankle). It's that they're not playing with the type of intensity that has come to define them over Thibodeau's five years as coach in Chicago.

"I think communication is huge," Rose said. "We're quiet when we're out there, and it's leading to them getting easy baskets. We got to give a better effort. It seems like we're not even competing, and it's f---ing irritating."

Thibodeau didn't mince words while discussing his team's most recent disappointing performance.

"We got to decide when enough's enough," Thibodeau said. "The way we're playing is not acceptable, so we have to change it."

Unhappy New Year For Bulls
The Bulls' defense has not been the same since the calendar turned to 2015, as they've gone from having the fifth-best field goal percentage defense to the fifth-worst.

Bulls' NBA Ranks This Season
2014 2015
Defensive efficiency 10th 25th
Defensive FG pct. 5th 26th
Defensive reb. pct. 17th 26th
>>Bulls: 22-10 in 2014, 5-6 in 2015

Rose didn't buy the notion that because the Bulls have new pieces, notably Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic and Aaron Brooks, and continue to play through injuries, those issues explain why his team continues to falter after a stretch last month in which it won 13 of 15 games.

"We're midway through the season," Rose said. "That should be a part of [the discussion]. There's no excuses. My biggest thing is competing. Playing this game for so long, when you don't have that edge, we're going to keep getting our ass whupped."

As far as the communication goes, Gasol acknowledged the Bulls might need to talk to one another more off the floor to figure out what's happening on it.

"We try to do that amongst ourselves," Gasol said. "We have done it, but we got to do it more. It's part of the process of what's going on, understanding the type of team we have and improving."

The recent slide comes as the Bulls enter a challenging spot in the schedule. They have games against San Antonio and Dallas this week before a home game against Miami on Sunday that leads into a West Coast swing, which starts against the Golden State Warriors a week from Tuesday.

"We're not playing well in any aspect of the game, so we're not giving ourselves a chance to win," Thibodeau said. "Usually if you're playing great defense and you're rebounding the ball and keeping your turnovers down, you're going to be in position to win no matter who you're playing against, no matter where you're playing. No matter who's playing.

"But if you don't do those three things, then you're not going to be in position to win. We've been able to overcome injuries because we've been able to do that. Right now we're not a multiple-effort team, we're not concentrating, we're not doing our job. We got to change that. We got to change it."
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/12197573/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-voices-frustration-sixth-loss-8

navy
01-20-2015, 04:22 PM
Word on the street is that this is Thibs last year if things go south.

lilteapot
01-20-2015, 04:23 PM

I doubt it, I mean besides running his guys into the ground none of this is really his fault.

r15mohd
01-20-2015, 04:25 PM

sesame street?

Thibs has proven to be a really good coach in leading this team without its core pieces...to tank him now wouldn't make much sense, and hardly think there's a better coach available to help the Bulls

navy
01-20-2015, 04:26 PM
sesame street?

Thibs has proven to be a really good coach in leading this team without its core pieces...to tank him now wouldn't make much sense, and hardly think there's a better coach available to help the Bulls
Bulls forums.

eeeeeebro
01-20-2015, 04:28 PM
yeah and 4 - 15 is helping

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-20-2015, 04:29 PM
Bulls forums.
Bulls forums aren't "the street", or reputable by any means. Their guess is just as good as ours.

lilteapot
01-20-2015, 04:33 PM
yeah and 4 - 15 is helping
Can't blame him for that tho, Kyrie is the best defensive PG in the league

chosen_one6
01-20-2015, 04:33 PM
The Bulls fall apart without Dunleavy apparently

riseagainst
01-20-2015, 04:41 PM
Rose is such a mental midget. He's the one who sat out 2 years because he's "afraid". Now he's blaming it on everyone else. Bulls should drop this cancer.

keep-itreal
01-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Season's over. :oldlol:

AirFederer
01-20-2015, 04:56 PM
Kobesque :lol

kamil
01-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Season's over. :oldlol:

Championships

Bulls: 6
Cavs: 0

BigMacAttack
01-20-2015, 05:20 PM
I just gotta say im a Drose fan but the dude who was sitting out games this season so he will be able to walk into business meetings after his career now bitching about competing is pretty ridiculous.

MellowYellow
01-20-2015, 05:40 PM
And bulls fans were happy they didn't get Melo.... :roll:

lilteapot
01-20-2015, 05:44 PM
Championships

Bulls: 6
Cavs: 0
Cool. how many do you have?

bdreason
01-20-2015, 05:46 PM
I think they're just fatigued. Thibs is a great coach, but he needs to understand that the goal isn't winning as many regular season games as possible. He needs to expand his rotation, and start picking his battles. Jimmy Butler shouldn't be playing 40mpg in January. 34 year old Pau Gasol shouldn't be playing 34mpg in January when you have the deepest front-court in the league.

Milbuck
01-20-2015, 05:47 PM
I doubt it, I mean besides running his guys into the ground none of this is really his fault.
Part of it actually is. His in-game adjustments (or lack thereof) and stubbornness is at times comical, his unwarranted overreliance on certain players, complete lack of trust and faith in others, relatively predictable offensive schemes, etc are definite weaknesses of his. Thibs is a brilliant defensive mind and I don't blame him entirely for Chicago's defensive woes..that's an effort and health thing..but he does have his weaknesses. Also it's been reported that players in that locker room are getting a bit tired of his constant intense coaching..specifically how hard he runs practices. So even outside of the strategic part of it all, there seems to be some mental and physical exhaustion building up over his style, and it's probably turning into a bit of frustration.

Real14
01-20-2015, 05:48 PM
somebody with a name like lil teapot should not talk shit to anybody:no:

kamil
I just gotta say im a Drose fan but the dude who was sitting out games this season so he will be able to walk into business meetings after his career now bitching about competing is pretty ridiculous.

Werent they doing better without him?

R.I.P.

That locker room is going south beyond the south pole. His teammates had his back for two years, defended him on everything. Now he, who still plays like shit comes out and throws the team under the bus in public. Wow. This gonna be good.

lilteapot
01-20-2015, 05:49 PM
who cares about what you have to say you little new york street hooker?

R.I.P.
01-20-2015, 05:50 PM
I think they're just fatigued. Thibs is a great coach, but he needs to understand that the goal isn't winning as many regular season games as possible. He needs to expand his rotation, and start picking his battles. Jimmy Butler shouldn't be playing 40mpg in January. 34 year old Pau Gasol shouldn't be playing 34mpg in January when you have the deepest front-court in the league.

That, too. Also not sure how great an offensive mind he is. Maybe getting himself an assistant, who excels in that area would be a smart idea.

Real14
01-20-2015, 05:51 PM
great comeback fagster. Like I said you shouldn't be talking shit with such a feministic name. You might as well make an alt:no:

kamil
01-20-2015, 05:53 PM

Why are you diverting the subject?

Yoda
01-20-2015, 05:55 PM
"We try to do that amongst ourselves," Gasol said.

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

smoovegittar
01-20-2015, 05:57 PM

:applause: What I'm saying. Here, we agree.

Pointguard
01-20-2015, 06:12 PM
Everybody should want to compete. And every body should want to walk after their career. Its ridiculous to confuse the two.

RoundMoundOfReb
01-20-2015, 06:16 PM
Dude sits out games because he's somehow afraid playing basketball will leave him a paraplegic, yet calls his teammates out for not competing? Can't make this stuff up.

dontgetchoked
01-20-2015, 06:17 PM
melo would somehow lead us to the lottery dont act like he's doing anything to help you guys win:lol

smoovegittar
01-20-2015, 06:36 PM
melo would somehow lead us to the lottery dont act like he's doing anything to help you guys win:lol
SURE he would. SURE.

smh.:facepalm

tontoz
01-20-2015, 06:47 PM
Rose needs to look in the mirror. He is taking the most shots in the team even though he plays only 30 minutes. He is shooting poorly and is a big reason why the defense is worse than last year.

edrick
01-20-2015, 06:49 PM
When I saw that Rose gave his teammates shit for not playing hard, it cracked me up. He of all people cannot open his mouth about that, ever again.

BigMacAttack
01-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Everybody should want to compete. And every body should want to walk after their career. Its ridiculous to confuse the two.

Maybe the whole squad has adopted Derricks body preservation system in the hope of being able to walk after their careers, wouldnt that be a ****ing disaster for them. Seriously what NBA players have not been able to walk after retirement due to injuries received during their career?

You can loose your legs and still walk, especially with Derricks money, so it would take some pretty serious knee injuries to stop him attending business meetings or walking.

tontoz
01-20-2015, 06:50 PM

Neither should you.

I guarantee that the knicks will advance further than the bulls this season.

Pooronto Craptors will be worse than us too. Craptors will barely make the playoffs

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351694

smoovegittar
01-20-2015, 06:53 PM
Neither should you.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351694

Yep. It's shit like this that gets NY fans bashed. Keep it real.

Doranku
01-20-2015, 07:00 PM
:oldlol: Worst MVP in the history of professional sports. This dude is an absolute joke.

Real14
01-20-2015, 07:04 PM
Yep. It's shit like this that gets NY fans bashed. Keep it real.
I made that before the season tho. He just expressing his hate as usual:facepalm

tontoz
01-20-2015, 07:07 PM
I made that before the season tho. He just expressing his hate as usual:facepalm

Those were your predictions for this season and couldn't have been more wrong.

With your piss poor track record you shouldn't be talking crap to anyone. Pretty much everyone on this site has more credibility than you.

Real14
01-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Those were your predictions for this season and couldn't have been more wrong.

With your piss poor track record you shouldn't be talking crap to anyone. Pretty much everyone on this site has more credibility than you.
Keep expressing your hating ass feelings you hating ass niguh. This was before the season like I said.:coleman:

HurricaneKid
01-20-2015, 07:18 PM
Seriously what NBA players have not been able to walk after retirement due to injuries received during their career?

The list is stupid long. Just watch Phil Jackson walk. Ask an orthopedist about how many sports injuries they see and how bad pro athletes have it. I played a little college ball and my body is a trainwreck. These guys wear the hell out of their bodies.

Haymaker
01-20-2015, 07:42 PM
Rose is such a mental midget. He's the one who sat out 2 years because he's "afraid". Now he's blaming it on everyone else.

Basically this.

Sakkreth
01-20-2015, 07:59 PM

What do you mean by were ? I am pretty sure they still are.

bagelred
01-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Rose is such a mental midget. He's the one who sat out 2 years because he's "afraid". Now he's blaming it on everyone else. Bulls should drop this cancer.

He's not a Cancer, you moron. He's a Libra. Born October 4th. Dumbass.

imdaman99
01-20-2015, 08:08 PM
You don't think a player like Melo could help the Bulls win a playoff series against a team like... the Cavs? :kobe:

MellowYellow
01-20-2015, 08:21 PM
What do you mean by were ? I am pretty sure they still are.
you're smokin some of that good stuff, Melo would make the Bulls clear favorites in the east. If you say otherwise, you are a blind hater.

nathanjizzle
01-20-2015, 08:25 PM

why the hell would the bulls want melo. Imagine the bulls without pau but melo, LOL that would be a nightmare scenerio, kind of like whats happening in new york.

MellowYellow
01-20-2015, 08:30 PM
why the hell would the bulls want melo. Imagine the bulls without pau but melo, LOL that would be a nightmare.

False, Pau and Noah don't work well together too similar of players they get in each others way. Melo is EXACTLY what the bulls need, the only thing Pau is better than Melo at is passing . Noah already provides that as a big man, all Pau is doing is taking away from Taj development and minutes. And if you think the Knicks problems are Melo's fault then you're delusional.

Noah
Taj
Melo
butler
Rose

IS WAY BeTTEr than

Noah
Pau
Dunleavy
Butler
Rose
With Taj off the bench

nathanjizzle
01-20-2015, 08:32 PM
False, Pau and Noah don't work well together too similar of players they get in each others way. Melo is EXACTLY what the bulls need, the only thing Pau is better than Melo at is passing. Noah already provides that as a big man, all Pau is doing is taking away from Taj development and minutes.

nonsense. pau is an offenssive player less defensive, and noah is mostly a defensive player. This is the last time im replying to you unless is something not about melo, i really dont want to even waste time or energy talking about that career loser.

MellowYellow
01-20-2015, 08:36 PM
nonsense. pau is an offenssive player less defensive, and noah is mostly a defensive player. This is the last time im replying to you unless is something not about melo, i really dont want to even waste time or energy talking about that career loser.

Outside of winning 2 ships on Kobe/Phil's Coattails Pau is a way bigger loser than Melo.

nathanjizzle
01-20-2015, 08:39 PM
This is the only time that i will blame obama for something. ever since the bulls visited the white house, they have really sucked.

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2015, 08:41 PM
Part of it actually is. His in-game adjustments (or lack thereof) and stubbornness is at times comical, his unwarranted overreliance on certain players, complete lack of trust and faith in others, relatively predictable offensive schemes, etc are definite weaknesses of his. Thibs is a brilliant defensive mind and I don't blame him entirely for Chicago's defensive woes..that's an effort and health thing..but he does have his weaknesses. Also it's been reported that players in that locker room are getting a bit tired of his constant intense coaching..specifically how hard he runs practices. So even outside of the strategic part of it all, there seems to be some mental and physical exhaustion building up over his style, and it's probably turning into a bit of frustration.
Anyone who understands the game on a pro level knows this. He's more built to be a defensive coordinator. His style is too pushy, and abbrasive for pros after a few seasons. His constant yelling becomes white noise. And it looks like Chicago is beginning to tune him out.

Just as they did Skiles who too maximized average talent by berating them until they played hard. It works for awhile, especially on younger guys. But vets?

I'm surprised it's taken so long for the Bulls players to begin ignoring him.

At the game on the floor, I can tell you, he never shuts up defensively. Which is good, communication is key, but it should be the players responsibilities to do that ... it's taking pride, and ownership on that end when you see guy's talking. It means they care on that end.

His offensive schemes are terrible. He's horrible at player management. Incredibly stubborn, and lacks the fluidity of other elite coaches to break away from game plans in order to adapt to situations. Which tells me he lacks certain coaching ability to adjust on the fly and have confidence.

He's run players into the ground. Luol Deng looks like the oldest 29 year old of all-time. This lack of awareness facilitated Rose's career altering injury. Ran Noah into the ground last year by the time the 1st round rolled around. And he's already begun beating Jimmy Butler's legs up with all these minutes.

I don't think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. He can't see the forrest through the trees. Treats January games like mid June. He doesn't know how to slowly ramp up his players quality of play. He just goes full meat head play hard every second of every 82 game season. So that's why we have a Bulls team since 2011 that while not ultra talented, maximized potential in the regular season, then quickly flames out against more talented teams in the more concentrated playoff structure when teams focus or adapt, and also play harder.

We beat the Heat a number of times in 2011. Then the ECF came and they utterly smoked us. It's a microcosm of Thibs as head coach.

mehyaM24
01-20-2015, 08:45 PM
without noah, their defensive leader, and jimmy butler struggling, the bulls are actually pretty mediocre. rose shouldn't be talking though - his inconsistencies have been exposed ALL year, and if we want to get down to impact, e.g. rapm, he's been far behind noah, gasol and butler in that department.

the bulls waited patiently for rose to step up and work his way back in - he should do the same, and give it some time just being patient. i mean, its not the bulls fault rose has fallen off a cliff, and isn't the pointguards lillard/curry/paul/wall are this season. c'mon.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-20-2015, 08:52 PM
How important is Noah to your guys' success? I'm seeing multiple posters say he and Gasol have been the best Bulls this year along with Jimmy Buckets, but Rose has looked really good recently. Not MVP form, but still fantastic.

FWIW, I also think Thibs is a bit hard on personnel w/ the grueling minutes they play, but he's also an elite coach and THE best defensive one to do date, imo.

tontoz
01-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Keep expressing your hating ass feelings you hating ass niguh. This was before the season like I said.:coleman:

And this was during the season.

...they will still make the playoffs being number 8 seed at least due to the EAST been that horrifying. I said it and I don't give a damn what anybody has to say about it:no: . REAL damn talk :coleman:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362900

Dumbest poster on ISH.

:facepalm

nathanjizzle
01-20-2015, 09:19 PM
How important is Noah to your guys' success? I'm seeing multiple posters say he and Gasol have been the best Bulls this year along with Jimmy Buckets, but Rose has looked really good recently. Not MVP form, but still fantastic.

FWIW, I also think Thibs is a bit hard on personnel w/ the grueling minutes they play, but he's also an elite coach and THE best defensive one to do date, imo.

Noah is a good part of the defense and offense. These stretch of bad games has been because of defensive liabilities, mostly on pau gasol. Hes been getting abused, and he doesnt know how to help d when roses man gets a pick, noah is alot better at that. and butler has been getting buckets dropped on his head. With Pau coupled with Noahs D, there is no defensive or offensive liability in the paint. Without noah, paus defense is exposed.

There has been no clear best player on the bulls this season yet, and i think it will be between rose and pau by the end of the regular season.

Pointguard
01-20-2015, 09:19 PM
Maybe the whole squad has adopted Derricks body preservation system in the hope of being able to walk after their careers, wouldnt that be a ****ing disaster for them. Seriously what NBA players have not been able to walk after retirement due to injuries received during their career?
Why don't you make a joke about of yourself and tell us who the bigger competitor than Rose is on the team??? There's a reason why he is saying this. And the others aren't. They are playing with a lack of spirit. Rose wants to jump start them but his body is there sometimes and not others. The other guys got to want to go hard. They are too good to be losing the way they are.

You can loose your legs and still walk, especially with Derricks money, so it would take some pretty serious knee injuries to stop him attending business meetings or walking.
You are far into Rose talk like he's a CEO of your organization. When he plays he competes. When Rose said he didn't feel right before the other leg gave way you idiots were saying he's been cleared, he's ok. And stayed that way for a year long. Well guess what? It wasn't right. But now when he talks about his future you guys are right about his life again. And guess what, he's right again. Your only concern should be how he competes.

poido123
01-20-2015, 09:22 PM

You do have a stupid username that I can't even take you seriously...

ProfessorMurder
01-20-2015, 09:22 PM
Noah is a good part of the defense and offense. These stretch of bad games has been because of defensive liabilities, mostly on pau gasol. Hes been getting abused, and he doesnt know how to help d when roses man gets a pick, noah is alot better at that. and butler has been getting buckets dropped on his head.

There has been no clear best player on the bulls this season yet.
Pau and Mirotic looked bad defensively when they were together yesterday. Need Noah and Taj to play with them.

BigMacAttack
01-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Why don't you make a joke about of yourself and tell us who the bigger competitor than Rose is on the team??? There's a reason why he is saying this. And the others aren't. They are playing with a lack of spirit. Rose wants to jump start them but his body is there sometimes and not others. The other guys got to want to go hard. They are too good to be losing the way they are.

You are far into Rose talk like he's a CEO of your organization. When he plays he competes. When Rose said he didn't feel right before the other leg gave way you idiots were saying he's been cleared, he's ok. And stayed that way for a year long. Well guess what? It wasn't right. But now when he talks about his future you guys are right about his life again. And guess what, he's right again. Your only concern should be how he competes.

IF the team is playing with a lack of spirit maybe its because their so called best player and leader only plays when he is feeling 1000%.

Like I said I like Rose and was a suppporter while he sat out the last couple seasons but his comments and attitude this season have turned me off him, you're getting paid millions, go out and ****en play ball, and dont throw your teammates under the bus, especially when you are a shell of your former self and basically is playing shit.

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2015, 09:31 PM
You do have a stupid username that I can't even take you seriously...
Bro, your username sounds like PEDO.

In the States, a disgusting person who preys sexually on children. Usually driving around in a white van, and/or offering candy or ice cream to lure them inside. Think about that for a second. I'm not the only one who has told you either.

Then again out where you live they call cones ... witch's hats.

:oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
01-20-2015, 09:33 PM

In the States, a disgusting person who preys sexually on children. Usually driving around in a white van, and/or offering candy or ice cream to lure them inside. Think about that for a second. I'm not the only one who has told you either.

bro switch accounts this shit is embarrassing he was responding to 'lilteapot'

Kellogs4toniee
01-20-2015, 09:35 PM
Anyone who understands the game on a pro level knows this. He's more built to be a defensive coordinator. His style is too pushy, and abbrasive for pros after a few seasons. His constant yelling becomes white noise. And it looks like Chicago is beginning to tune him out.

Just as they did Skiles who too maximized average talent by berating them until they played hard. It works for awhile, especially on younger guys. But vets?

At the game on the floor, I can tell you, he never shuts up defensively. Which is good, communication is key, but it should be the players responsibilities to do that ... it's taking pride, and ownership on that end when you see guy's talking. It means they care on that end.

His offensive schemes are terrible. He's horrible at player management. Incredibly stubborn, and lacks the fluidity of other elite coaches to break away from game plans in order to adapt to situations. Which tells me he lacks certain coaching ability to adjust on the fly and have confidence.

He's run players into the ground. Luol Deng looks like the oldest 29 year old of all-time. This lack of awareness facilitated Rose's career altering injury. Ran Noah into the ground last year by the time the 1st round rolled around. And he's already begun beating Jimmy Butler's legs up with all these minutes.

I don't think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. He can't see the forrest through the trees. Treats January games like mid June. He doesn't know how to slowly ramp up his players quality of play. He just goes full meat head play hard every second of every 82 game season. So that's why we have a Bulls team since 2011 that while not ultra talented, maximized potential in the regular season, then quickly flames out against more talented teams in the more concentrated playoff structure when teams focus or adapt, and also play harder.

We beat the Heat a number of times in 2011. Then the ECF came and they utterly smoked us. It's a microcosm of Thibs as head coach.

:applause: :applause:

This summarizes pretty much exactly how I feel about Thibodeau. Keep in mind there are many reasons why we are in this spurt. Thibodeau's coaching grind and style is simply a part of it. But looking long term and how he has coached since he became our head coach, it is concerning.

ArbitraryWater
01-20-2015, 09:36 PM

kobetards making more ludicrous claims of alts at people they can't handle

poido123
01-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Bro, your username sounds like PEDO. aka in the States, a disgusting person who preys sexually on children. Think about that for a second. I'm not the only one who has told you either. Then again out where you live they call cones ... witch's hats.

Pedo sounds nothing like Poido? That shit started from a poster on here who called me that to simply troll...

I didn't name myself a f.cking Little tea pot with the intention to make a d.ck of myself :oldlol:

poido is a very australian slang nickname for my last name. If you knew my last name, you would know why it makes sense...

Cones? LOL Cones here means smoking the Mary Jane...

Witche's Hat actually describes the object perfectly well...:no:

:lol

TheMarkMadsen
01-20-2015, 10:06 PM
kobetards making more ludicrous claims of alts at people they can't handle

what does this even mean

beastee
01-20-2015, 10:08 PM
That, too. Also not sure how great an offensive mind he is. Maybe getting himself an assistant, who excels in that area would be a smart idea.
This is exactly it. His offensive sets are bad and he misuses several players. A top offensive mind would put this team back to the elite level, with Thibs figuring out and focusing on shoring up a couple defensive issues they currently have.

miggyme1
01-20-2015, 10:15 PM
if bulls get rid of coach thibs that will be the end of the bulls as a staff,team,establishment,crew,franchise, etc

97 bulls
01-20-2015, 10:19 PM
I agree with Swish. Thibs is running this team into the ground. They look burnt out. And its only gonna be a matter of time before Butler starts to wear down. We saw it from Deng, Rose, and now Noah. He needs to utilize his depth better.

But its not just that. Rose is taking too many threes. Five a night is too many for a guy that converts only 25% of them. I keep saying he needs a post game.

tontoz
01-20-2015, 10:37 PM
I agree with Swish. Thibs is running this team into the ground. They look burnt out. And its only gonna be a matter of time before Butler starts to wear down. We saw it from Deng, Rose, and now Noah. He needs to utilize his depth better.

But its not just that. Rose is taking too many threes. Five a night is too many for a guy that converts only 25% of them. I keep saying he needs a post game.

Wall has started to post up at times with some success.

The Bulls offense has looked really bad when i have seen them.

Human Error
01-20-2015, 10:58 PM
It is truly amazing that how Rose is being treated as the golden boy who just cannot be criticized under any circumstance, by the Bulls fans. Rose has succeeded in establishing a special position himself for a guy who has not really done much for the franchise and for a guy who were not there when the team really needed him.

poido123
01-20-2015, 11:31 PM
It is truly amazing that how Rose is being treated as the golden boy who just cannot be criticized under any circumstance, by the Bulls fans. Rose has succeeded in establishing a special position himself for a guy who has not really done much for the franchise and for a guy who were not there when the team really needed him.

Instead, we should listen to you and all the other Rose critics. :rolleyes:

Bulls fans have critiqued rose when warranted, but we are not easily swayed by media and other fanbases hating on him because he chooses a different path to recovery.

Rose has had to endure some tough obstacles in his career. We hold him to different standards since those obstacles are considered to be career threatening and a mental hurdle which you or any other person would find extremely difficult to overcome.

Do you think you could make a comeback at the highest level after two major knee injuries? You don't know, so stop acting like you know Rose and what's best for him.

SamuraiSWISH
01-20-2015, 11:35 PM
What? I'm replying to him, in his reponse to lilteapot ... and I co-sign that too is a stupid name. Get off my tip, bro.

Pointguard
01-21-2015, 12:02 AM

Great Post.

Offensively, the team moves methodically and East to West too much, or a lazy North, South that isn't dynamically related or to get much leverage in comparison to how good of passers Gasol, Noah are Mirotic are. The cuts are horrible, predicable and floor is basically badly utilized. Its basically stale.

Lebronxrings
01-21-2015, 12:05 AM

Pointguard
01-21-2015, 12:09 AM
Are you really so stupid to suggest he injured himself "to succeed in establishing a special position himself" and you are wondering why nobody else thinks like you.

Ariza4three
01-21-2015, 12:10 AM

Pedo=/=child molester

Doranku
01-21-2015, 12:11 AM
Are you really so stupid to suggest he injured himself "to succeed in establishing a special position himself" and you are wondering why nobody else thinks like you.
:biggums: That's not what he's saying at all. Wtf?

Pointguard
01-21-2015, 12:14 AM
:biggums: That's not what he's saying at all. Wtf?
Rose has succeeded in establishing a special position himself for a guy who has not really done much for the franchise and for a guy who were not there when the team really needed him.

Ok Duranku, lets hear your take.

Pointguard
01-21-2015, 12:22 AM
Thibes, is not going to post him. He's old school and there isn't much to suggest that Thibes will get the spacing right. Team scouted Gasol and Butler and are now just crowding the lane which has wrecked havoc on both of their games. The counter are the three's that Rose takes. Thibes is fine with five a game. I'm not cool with it but if you watch the games this is what is happening. They would be better off running a princeton offense but its too late now.

Heavincent
01-21-2015, 12:31 AM

This.

It's only January and the Bulls already look exhausted. These guys will be dead by April, just like the last 3 years. Does anyone truly believe Pau will hold up? Or Noah for that matter? And we all know about Rose's obvious injury woes. Butler is already showing signs of fatigue too.

Thibs treats his players like Mike Shanahan treated RB's.

AintNoSunshine
01-21-2015, 12:46 AM
:facepalm Lost 6 RS games and players and coaches start panicking and melting down. What a joke.

ImKobe
01-21-2015, 11:13 AM
Dude sits out games because he's somehow afraid playing basketball will leave him a paraplegic, yet calls his teammates out for not competing? Can't make this stuff up.

He's also calling himself out here, he said it's everyone's fault, that includes him, obviously. It's not like 2013 Kobe situation where he's putting up near-prime numbers and the team is still losing.

ImKobe
01-21-2015, 11:18 AM
:oldlol: Worst MVP in the history of professional sports. This dude is an absolute joke.

Pretty sure Kobe has said very similar things about his team when they're struggling in the past...oh, we can find it even this season, where he's calling his teammates "soft" while he hasn't been performing that great himself....

emma10
01-21-2015, 11:55 AM

I'm sure they are jealous of how dominant the Knicks and Melo are this year.